Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Animal Crossing Switch
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:33 

I’ve spoken to Kicks about three times. I just haven’t engaged with him and Labelle in this game for some reason.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:12 
Comfortably Dumb

Mimi wrote:
Who is the best visitor, do you think?

I love Gulliver (and Gullivarrr) the most.

Saharah. I like the weird stuff for sale and the salesy dialogue, like every size of rug being their favourite.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:15 
Excellent Member

Mimi wrote:
Who is the best visitor, do you think?

I'm always happy to see Redd because need more art to give away
I love Kicks because he is so nice (though I rarely buy anything)
I love Leif because flowers and shrubs
I love Gulliver and Gullivarrrrrrr but I wish their dialogues would be shortened a bit
I love Saharah because of the way she talks
I love Flick because she is cool and I love all the butterfly models
I think CJ is annoying
I really don't care about Label
I also don't care about KK
I don't really buy turnips anymore
I LOVE Celeste because she is the most adorable thing ever
I love Pascal because he is also adorbs
I usually avoid wisp, as she's cute while hovering about, but then not so cute when she eeeks out

I know I get the gender wrong, but I don't care, to me Flick is a cool rocker chick :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 15:06 
Participant in dramatic games

Flick isn't a she is she? I always think of him as CJ's boyfriend

I like Redd, even though he always disappoints me (but now I'm done)
I love Celeste.. I even bought a plush doll for my daughter
Like the Gullivars.. and their dialogue
CJ is a brat
Kicks has a funny accent in dutch... but not that much to offer,
Label is nice's, especially since Sable is happy I help her.. And what makes Sable happy, makes me happy
Pascar remains thoughtful , even though I don't dive anymore except if there is something new
Leif is boring

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 15:08 

Kern wrote:
miki wrote:
In the discord we were contemplating a crystal maze type deal with 4 islands with challenges
e.

In the Fb group I'm in we sometime shave nice maze dream codes

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:53 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open and Saharah is around today.
https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 9319098368

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 13:35 
Excellent Member

I saw a lot of diys had been taken, which is great, so I re-alfabetised what was there and added some new ones
also did a quick round of the island (hence the fossils) and I took a cornucopia, thank you to whoever left it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 13:42 
Comfortably Dumb

miki wrote:
I saw a lot of diys had been taken, which is great, so I re-alfabetised what was there and added some new ones

Thank you for that - a couple of my cousins have started playing it recently so I told them to grab anything they needed to help them get started. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 13:58 
Excellent Member

yeah it's great to see them used!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 14:00 
Excellent Member

oh as a tip I also tell starting people don't forget to buy all the diy packs at Nooks
it seems so obvious but I and so many other ppl have looked for a particular diy for yonks, only to find out they were at nooks all the time :DD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:48 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open, but just Flick today. It is Sherb's birthday though.

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 5530200068

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:30 
Master of dodgy spelling....

I have played this game over the weekend, it is so sweet. I love it.

I am now looking at buying a switch. :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:04 
Excellent Member

doooooooo it!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 16:06 
Excellent Member

DM I've done a housekeeping round on Flump, you've obviously had snow yesterday :D
also put a few more large snowflakes down and a few more diys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 17:07 

I’ve played today after my longest break from AC. I did t play for three days (I think). It could have been two. It might have been four. What even is time anymore? I’ve just been so tired and there had been so much news happening that I haven’t even had the energy for a pootle around Sheppey of an evening. It was so nice today, like a warm hug.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 17:30 
sneering elitist

I've not played since my birthday. I took a break after my mum died and then caught up by time travelling backwards so that I didn't miss the Christmas & New Years bits, and then logged in for my birthday on the 7th and then before I knew it another week has passed and now the thought of catching up again feels like too much what with everything else going on, even though I could literally just log in and play from today and everything would be fine. It's a weird mental hurdle I am struggling to get over. Played a lot of Stardew Valley yesterday instead.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 17:40 

Could you possibly ask Gaz or one of the kids to just pop on, clear the weeds, squish any roaches, and just tidy up a little so that doesn’t feel overwhelming, if that’s part of the problem? Alternatively, if that would help then why not just throw your gates open and we can all pop over and weed you clean.

There’s not much you’ve missed by way of events, and no fish or bugs this month, I think, but if there are any items you are missing and would like I am sure we could all rustle them up for you! x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 17:47 
Excellent Member

I love weeding and tidying up, if you open your gates I'm happy to help!
there is nothing to catch up on, no events since new years so it's just comforting dailies

also much belated happy birthday!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 17:54 
sneering elitist

I'm not worried about weeds etc, tbh I find clearing that stuff oddly therapeutic, which is why it's so odd that it's such a mental 'block'! Think I need to just 'rip the plaster off' so to speak, and log in.

Thank you for your kind offers of help :luv:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 18:02 

Oh, I think I understand you a bit better. Is it just making that mental leap to actually power the game on? Is it perhaps because, and this may not apply to you at all, but things where I’ve found this is when that activity is associated with happiness, mental peace, an escape, and there are periods where there is too much to counteract those feelings that it stops you even opening that door, in case you don’t find that feeling there?

Whatever it is, I hope you do manage to get back to it (if you want to) and find that little haven waiting there again when you do xxx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 22:22 
sneering elitist

Mimi wrote:
Oh, I think I understand you a bit better. Is it just making that mental leap to actually power the game on? Is it perhaps because, and this may not apply to you at all, but things where I’ve found this is when that activity is associated with happiness, mental peace, an escape, and there are periods where there is too much to counteract those feelings that it stops you even opening that door, in case you don’t find that feeling there?

Whatever it is, I hope you do manage to get back to it (if you want to) and find that little haven waiting there again when you do xxx

Yes, like that. I also think that I'm going to feel guilty when my little islanders say "where have you been!" and although it's a computer game, I can't switch off that stupid reaction in my head and I'm too tired to add more things to feel bad about, so I'd rather just ... not. Silly, I know. :S

Thank you xx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 22:43 
Excellent Member

I'm so glad they don't lay on the guilt much, they do say something the very first time you speak to them, but even one second later they have forgotten about it and have their normal dialogue
it's not silly at all /hugs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 23:32 
Comfortably Dumb

miki wrote:
DM I've done a housekeeping round on Flump, you've obviously had snow yesterday :D
also put a few more large snowflakes down and a few more diys

Thank you for the tidy-up. I was lazy over the weekend and hadn't turned the switch on at all. Today I found out that if you don't return a lost item quickly enough, you forget what it is and can't give it to them. I blame Cyrano for never being awake when I tried to give it back :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 0:28 

Jem wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Yes, like that. I also think that I'm going to feel guilty when my little islanders say "where have you been!" and although it's a computer game, I can't switch off that stupid reaction in my head and I'm too tired to add more things to feel bad about, so I'd rather just ... not. Silly, I know. :S

Thank you xx

Aw, I’m so sorry, Jem. Take your time, and the love will come back when you’re ready. And if you can’t face the reactions, maybe get Gaz to nip around as you and make your peace with the animals on your behalf?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:59 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open, but not much to report today - just Gullivarrr and me showing off the hat that Sherb gave me.

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 6452625412

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:00 
Comfortably Dumb

Forgot to mention my gate being open yesterday... oops. Gate is open again today although not much to report, just Label.

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 1103935490

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 14:56 

I’m really struggling with *stuff* at the moment, and I’ve not done anything fun recently, AC included. I really want to, but it’s just like I’m too tired, though I don’t know if it’s actually tiredness or something else.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 15:14 

Though I did do this, as iPhones can now run the shortcuts to open apps without flashing the shortcut working, so it’s an invisible function now, so I. An have this and it cheers me up without being annoying.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 19:41 

I think because I’d posted about it earlier I managed to pop the game on for a bit earlier. Rolled a snowman, and then really just stiff there and listened to the music. Man alive my flowers are everywhere and it’s snowing, so they are going to be a mess tomorrow. Russell said he’ll try and tidy them up though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 21:06 
Excellent Member

I don't work on fridays, I am totally happy to help if you tell me what to do

I'm also struggling, working takes ridiculous amount of effort and energy (there is no actual good reason for that) and there is nothing left, but then I have to check katies work, and figure out if she's been cheating and endlessly try to explain some shapeless future consequences when she's just also tired and struggling with the workload, and I'm tired, so so tired
and I hate it, because I want to post on DM's topic (big hug DM, if you enjoy hugs at all) but I can't seem to focus on anything coherent
and I want to support other people, but I just end up leaking and staring into space

anyway, I do usually play at least a little bit, but like 10 mins tops

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:55 
Comfortably Dumb

miki wrote:
and I hate it, because I want to post on DM's topic (big hug DM, if you enjoy hugs at all) but I can't seem to focus on anything coherent

Who doesn't enjoy hugs? :)

I'm definitely treading water and doing the bare minimum for pretty much everything right now, but at least each day that goes by will be one more day closer to normality. Plus my job and even loading up AC during the week give me a kind of routine, even though I don't spend much time on my island right now.

Speaking of which, gate is open again and Kicks is around. Shooting stars tonight too - my Switch will no doubt still be on later because I keep forgetting to turn it off until I head off to bed. :)

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 0536556546

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:29 
Excellent Member

then lot's of hugs for you :) I also enjoy hugs
I also try to hang on to routine, I'm always dressed and downstairs and logged into work at 08.00 on workdays - I feel I would really slip if I didn't
we virtually always have lunch at 1200
on days off I play more AC and on workdays I usually play a little between closing work and dinner
Katie is a wildcard at the moment, as is building noise, but even without that my energy seems to run out way before the day ends
but like you say, I'm also just crossing off days, we have a curfew as of tomorrow, on top of the lockdown, numbers are going down and every day is one closer to getting a vaccine!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:11 
Excellent Member

I've done housekeeping on Flump :)
I think maybe your cousins have shaken some fruit trees, I found some fruit on the floor and put it in front of your house
I've also tidied up the stuff area and diy area and put down some more large snowflakes as they are apparently useful to peeps :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 13:02 
sneering elitist

I miss hugs. I mean, I have the kids and Gaz obviously, but I miss the variety of hugs; big squeezers, little fleeting hugs, sweaty hugs from gym buddies, long holds from friends you've not seen in ages, drunken "i love you you're the best" hugs. :'(

(This is obviously nothing to do with Animal Crossing, but talking about hugs made me think about them!)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 15:25 
Excellent Member

sending you a variety pack of hugs Jem!

⊂((・▽・))⊃

\(^o^)/

d=(´▽`)=b

⊂(◉‿◉)つ

⊂(♡⌂♡)⊃

⊂( ◜◒◝ )⊃

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 15:35 
sneering elitist

Haha, I love that :luv:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:24 
Comfortably Dumb

miki wrote:
I've done housekeeping on Flump :)
I think maybe your cousins have shaken some fruit trees, I found some fruit on the floor and put it in front of your house
I've also tidied up the stuff area and diy area and put down some more large snowflakes as they are apparently useful to peeps :)

Thanks, Miki :) And yes, I noticed a distinct lack of fruit yesterday :D Hopefully they're using to build up funds or plant their own trees. At least my island is still of use to some now that most of us have pretty much done all there is to do.

Not much to report today - turnip price has been heading down all week and just KK Slider visiting, but the gate is open:

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 9879319553

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:56 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open, but just Gulliver today.
https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 1803156480

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:53 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open again and Saharah is around. Bluebear is also at the campsite

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 2913474560

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 15:20 
Comfortably Dumb

Next update due in a couple of days :)

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1 ... 0225362946

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 16:13 

No Brewster. No Party :(

Still./ carneval is a nice event i guess, and next update will be mario stuff.. (on MAR 10 probably)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 19:44 
Excellent Member

I'm always looking forward to an update!
feeling tired and down so not very chatty, sorry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 21:20 

Ah @miki, then you need the hugs variety pack now, here the multi-language edition..

* Hugs
* Knuffel
* Un'abbraccio
* Ein Umarmung
* Un gros câlin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:53 
Excellent Member

aww thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:42 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open again and Redd is around.
https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 5343175680

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:58 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open and Leif is around.
https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 5815420931

Also, the update is out today and I got some maracas in the post. :)

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 7036518401

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:59 

OMG there’s a Mr Resetti model in the seasonal goods area of the Nook shopping app!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 13:47 
Excellent Member

I have a few more awful work hours buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttt
if you don't mind spoilers here is an overview of the new stuff coming (not all today obvs)
I'm so excited!!!

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:02 
Comfortably Dumb

Just Flick today, but gate is open:
https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 2370153473

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:20 
Excellent Member

put some new diys down!

also I'm doing a bit better again :)

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 79  Next