Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 2357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:16 
Master of dodgy spelling....

From my son's rugby coach, I am not sure what the protocol is now..

Quote:
Hey guys.

Unfortunately, E***r's test results came back positive and so he must self isolate. Coach T*** also tested positive and will be isolating with the family.
Because T** visited coach M***'s home recently he must also isolate.

The rest of the team are OK to carry on as usual as all activities took place outdoors within all guidelines set for the club.

E***'s symptoms were temperature and a headache of which headaches are said to be a symptom seen in children.
Training is still on for Sunday, see you there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:21 

I should think your son is fine with just being in contact outdoors, but rugby does seem to involve a lot of cuddling each other so I don't really know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:25 
Sitting balls-back folder

Whoever it was replaced names with asterisks missed one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:27 

BikNorton wrote:
Whoever it was replaced names with asterisks missed one.

Cheers, sorted..

Gogmagog

Hunters, too

markg wrote:
I should think your son is fine with just being in contact outdoors, but rugby does seem to involve a lot of cuddling each other so I don't really know.

It is contact, but not as much contact. Will just see, I don't have him again till the 24th

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:17 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I thought it was more "proximity to exhalation" than contact?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:45 
Bad Girl

Can I stop washing my hands then? They get ever so dry and moisturising is costing me a fortune.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:51 
ugvm'er at heart...

Satsuma wrote:
Can I stop washing my hands then? They get ever so dry and moisturising is costing me a fortune.

Pee on them instead.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:03 

KovacsC wrote:
Unfortunately, E***r's test results came back positive
E***'s symptoms were temperature

By naming the "source", pretty sure your son's rugby coach has broken the law here, having basically shared someone's private medical information with others... hnnngh.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:09 

Grim... wrote:
I thought it was more "proximity to exhalation" than contact?

Not a clue..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:11 
Best
Board Mother

GazChap wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

By naming the "source", pretty sure your son's rugby coach has broken the law here, having basically shared someone's private medical information with others... hnnngh.

Hopefully he got permission first.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:11 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

GazChap wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Nope, that only applies if a medical provider does so.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:16 

It is a mine field.. I have to review the COVID documents for the Tri club, it is not simple.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:01 
Best
Board Mother

Masks all the time in all areas at work now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:05 

Cras wrote:

Really? Wouldn't that information be classed as "highly sensitive" or whatever the term is under GDPR?

That's madness.

//edit: especially with it being about a child as well!?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:09 

GazChap wrote:
Cras wrote:

Really? Wouldn't that information be classed as "highly sensitive" or whatever the term is under GDPR?

That's madness.

It is covered under safeguarding. If you don't say, people will ask questions, so you need transparency.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:18 

The friend I spoke about up thread (who took the random sample covid test and tested positive) has a daughter in nursery. Though the nursery didn’t close, it informed the other parents, and the other parents formed a WhatsApp group, and started a virtual witch hunt, which became so inflamed that the nursery manager had to phone and warn my friend about what was happening.

Part of what was happening was that the other parents (perhaps understandably in some cases) were insisting that her daughter get tested, but as she had no symptoms she couldn’t, so there is a lot of misdirected anger bouncing around.

The husband of someone else I know has been quite ill with Covid, and she and her kids were in isolation for 14 days. The day that ended, Sunday, they had a big celebratory blow-out; breakfast out, soft play (shudder) pub lunch, playground, cinema, Nana’s for tea, ready for the kids to go back to school the next day. That evening she started to feel quite bad, and, well, you’ve guessed the rest. But when relating this she was saying thank god for those few hours of freedom and that they packed so much into the day as they’d not get back out again for a do get that, but I also can’t help but feel awful at the number of rolls that could possibly be infected now. And it’s nobody’s ‘fault’: they stuck to the rules, but ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:19 

KovacsC wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Cras wrote:

That's madness.

It is covered under safeguarding. If you don't say, people will ask questions, so you need transparency.

Is that right? In the cases I’ve known, schools haven’t said WHICH kids have tested positive?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:23 

Mimi wrote:
Is that right? In the cases I’ve known, schools haven’t said WHICH kids have tested positive?

Same with our case. Doesn't stop the rumour mill and virtual witch hunt as you describe, of course, but if it's legal for that information to be given out to Joe Public by someone in a position of authority over the child (teacher, rugby coach, doctor etc.) then I'd be amazed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:30 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

GazChap wrote:
Cras wrote:

That's madness.

GDPR cares a lot less about data exposure than it should. The key part of GDPR is transfer of identifiable data about an EU resident to a third party for the purpose of processing that data in some capacity. A rugby coach can tell you anything he likes about the private information of the members of the team, but he can't, for example, send a list of coronavirus testing results to a third party for them to process in some form eg. for reporting to a test and trace programme - unless that third party are themselves GDPR compliant and the relationship between data guardian and data processor has been disclosed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:31 

GazChap wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Same with our case. Doesn't stop the rumour mill and virtual witch hunt as you describe, of course, but if it's legal for that information to be given out to Joe Public by someone in a position of authority over the child (teacher, rugby coach, doctor etc.) then I'd be amazed.

Oh, absolutely. I think the witch hunt thing is awful; like a family who has it within the household doesn’t already have enough to deal with, but I don’t know why a teacher would feel they could/should divulge the information. Bizarre.

On another note we had a message issued from school yesterday to say that all parents/carers should wear masks when on the school grounds at drop off/pick up. There’s a carefully marked one-way system around the grounds, but there’s always that handful of people that refuse to take part in any measures set out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:38 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

The teacher should provide the information so you can ask your child if they've had any contact with said person. Our school only tells the students that literally sit next to them (and they tell us, because we said "of course you should tell us, you fucksticks").

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:40 

I think the club is right to tell us, we all now know. It stops all the rumours.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:48 

Grim... wrote:
The teacher should provide the information so you can ask your child if they've had any contact with said person. Our school only tells the students that literally sit next to them (and they tell us, because we said "of course you should tell us, you fucksticks").

I think it may be slightly different due to the differing age ranges. In a class of 4 and 5 year olds they aren’t really sitting next to any particular kid(s), all just running around snuffling in a giant tub of Lego bricks and crayons.

In a secondary school wouldn’t it also be the case that they are likely to sit next to different kids in each lesson? Also classes mixing together across year groups (due to streaming and some kids doing French/Spanish/Mandarin/German, etc, which mixes the classes out of their form groups).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:55 
sneering elitist

I just asked Olly which child hadn't been at school the day the news came home to work out the likely source here. That wasn't in any way so that I could target that family, just to assess his potential risk (he sits away from the child in question, in this case).

After my dilemma earlier in the week, I decided to ignore the official rules and just isolate myself whereever possible too. We cancelled taekwon-do and I've cancelled gym/pole sessions. Doesn't seem worth the risk to others for the sake of a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:58 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mimi wrote:
In a secondary school wouldn’t it also be the case that they are likely to sit next to different kids in each lesson?

All schools are doing it differently, but I think most schools have the students stay in the same room all day, with the same classmates. The teachers move between rooms.

However, that all falls apart if the kids travel to school on a bus.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 14:02 

Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
In a secondary school wouldn’t it also be the case that they are likely to sit next to different kids in each lesson?

All schools are doing it differently, but I think most schools have the students stay in the same room all day, with the same classmates. The teachers move between rooms.

However, that all falls apart if the kids travel to school on a bus.

It does, but it’s good that the school have done what they can to mitigate where they’ve been able, and it’s brilliant they’ve made that change to what must be seen as quite a traditional way of moving about the school.

@Jem, I think that’s almost certainly what I’d do if I had any public/social plans. Is everyone in the household feeling well so far?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 14:06 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mimi wrote:
It does, but it’s good that the school have done what they can to mitigate where they’ve been able

Except for having the teachers learn to work Zoom, of course.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 14:10 

I am surprised more wasn’t done in that regard over the summer, to put provisions in place for what has a high chance of happening over the winter months.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 14:12 
sneering elitist

Mimi wrote:
@Jem, I think that’s almost certainly what I’d do if I had any public/social plans. Is everyone in the household feeling well so far?

Everyone is fine. :) I feel a bit rubbish but it's (another) snotty cold rubbish rather than covid rubbish, so that's something to be thankful for!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 14:44 

Cras wrote:
GDPR cares a lot less about data exposure than it should. The key part of GDPR is transfer of identifiable data about an EU resident to a third party for the purpose of processing that data in some capacity. A rugby coach can tell you anything he likes about the private information of the members of the team, but he can't, for example, send a list of coronavirus testing results to a third party for them to process in some form eg. for reporting to a test and trace programme - unless that third party are themselves GDPR compliant and the relationship between data guardian and data processor has been disclosed.

Fair enough, makes sense (legally, I mean - still sounds bobbins as a point of principle, IMO!)

I guess with a rugby team with such small numbers involved it'd come out pretty quickly anyway I guess, but if I was that kid's parent I'd still be a little miffed!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 15:20 

GazChap wrote:
Cras wrote:

Fair enough, makes sense (legally, I mean - still sounds bobbins as a point of principle, IMO!)

I guess with a rugby team with such small numbers involved it'd come out pretty quickly anyway I guess, but if I was that kid's parent I'd still be a little miffed!

Luckily, the parents are the coaches, so we would notice if they were not there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 15:59 

So the guy was divulging his own kid’s information? If so, I guess that’s a bit different.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 16:00 

Actually, I guess (hope) it’s not that if he signed off by saying they’re still meeting this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 16:07 

Mimi wrote:
So the guy was divulging his own kid’s information? If so, I guess that’s a bit different.

No, the team manager provided the information.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 19:35 
Hibernating Druid

KovacsC wrote:
Luckily, the parents are the coaches

Like Thomas the Tank Engine?

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:03 
Gogmagog

I see track and trace will nark on you

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-54586897

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:20 

MaliA wrote:
I see track and trace will nark on you

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-54586897

It will stop people using it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:30 

It will be really telling to see the difference in usage before and after the story.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:49 

They're talking about the test and trace service, not the app.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:52 

Yes, but I honestly don’t think a lot of people will separate the two, and (I thought at least) that the track and trace service used at least some of the data provided by the app? I may be wrong there, but I know a friend entered her results on the app (at least initially) and has had two calls since to check she is still isolating.

As they are both called the same thing, and seeing how quickly people will believe actually quite ridiculous conspiracy theories, I don’t think it’s a huge leap to imagine that people will just lump the two things together.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 14:36 

Nicked this off of Trousers.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 14:55 
Noob as of 6/8/10

:D :DD :D :D :D :blown:

Of course, the fuzz will have plenty of time oin their hands for this nonsense.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 14:56 

I don’t get why folks would not want to be aware.

The mind boggles.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 14:58 

You kind of despair at the mentality of people.

Lots of people are believing it is a hoax, and it is all about government control.

To be fair the government are not dispelling this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 15:00 
UltraMod

The thing is that this particular government do want to control everything and make decisions unilaterally, so it’s not a great stretch to see why some people might believe more outlandish things.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 15:16 
Noob as of 6/8/10

I'd be worried if I thought they had a spreadsheet big enough to incorporate all the snitch data they hope they'll be getting.

But their level of incompetence is astounding.

Of course, all this may be a diversion while they line their pockets, and the pockets of their cronies, with whatever money making schemes they can conjour up to take advantage of the situation.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 13:09 
Noob as of 6/8/10

So, there's been talk of "circuit break" lockdown and now Wales to go into 'firebreak' lockdown. What's next? Coffee/tea break lockdown? Loo break? Natural break? Wind break?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 13:12 
Soopah red DS

Johnson will be unable to resist making such puns somewhere. And given the half-arsed approach, perhaps a tea break lockdown is ideal. Everyone stay where you are for 15 minutes!

Reply to topic  [ 2357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 48  Next