Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: PEW PEW Lazor eyes!!1!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:05 

Good luck today, Jazzy!

I have Sapiens on my backlog, too, but I’m moving quickly through them now D is at school and I have about an hour and forty minutes of walking to do each day (half without D, which is when I listen, obviously). I’ve been listening to a lot of Margaret Atwood at the moment.

Anyway, enjoy your HD eyes xxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:16 
sneering elitist

Good luck today Jazzy! :luv:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:31 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Good luck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:50 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

KovacsC wrote:
Good luck

:D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:45 

We are home, and the lazor eyes have been successfully inserted. GJ can't use her phone right now without setting it on fire, but I'm sure she will be back soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:51 
Gogmagog

KovacsC wrote:
Good luck

Nice.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 13:28 

Joans wrote:
We are home, and the lazor eyes have been successfully inserted. GJ can't use her phone right now without setting it on fire, but I'm sure she will be back soon.

Speedy recovery, GJ!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 14:18 
UltraMod

Joans wrote:

Thank you human-cyborg relations

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:36 
Best
Board Mother

Hi guys, thank you for the well wishes. :)

It's all gone very well, I've had no discomfort and pretty much had distance vision straight away. I had my first check up Wednesday morning and was cleared to drive, but still couldn't see my phone. I think that was the worst day for light sensitivity too, but nothing that sunglasses didn't sort out. Again, no discomfort.

I could see my phone and messages yesterday, but am trying to be careful.

Slightly funny story:
When we got home, I asked Joan's if I had missed anything, "like what?" He asked. "I don't know, anything on the boards? Hearthly bought a new car yet?" Apparently not.

The next day (Wednesday after work) Joans, in a serious voice "I need to tell you about something that's happened on the boards"

I stop what I'm doing and pay attention.

"Hearthly's bought a new car"

Joans and I :DD :DD

Anyway, all going well, text still a little blurry but getting there and eyes still a bit blood shot but clearing up daily. So far so good. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:41 
Unpossible!

Glad it went well, Jazzy

My mum got PEWPEWLAZOREYES for free on the NHS, using this one weird trick! (opticians hate her!)

That weird trick?

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
She started to develop cataracts. When they replaced her milky lenses with brand new ones, her 50 years glasses wearing career was over.

She was funny for weeks doing the usual "Oh the world is in High Def! Look at the leaves on the trees!" So cute.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:45 
Best
Board Mother

Haha! Yes, it's the same surgery. I saw a couple of YouTube videos of people that have had it done before I went ahead, and I think the start before and after showed them the difference it made.

Not my personal experience, but good on her, it must be amazing. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:46 
Comfortably Dumb

DavPaz wrote:
Glad it went well, Jazzy

My mum got PEWPEWLAZOREYES for free on the NHS, using this one weird trick! (opticians hate her!)

That weird trick?

She started to develop cataracts. When they replaced her milky lenses with brand new ones, her 50 years glasses wearing career was over.

My optician mentioned that to me too. Due to the detached retinas I had, I'm apparently more likely to develop cataracts sooner than other people would and he mentioned that the process to sort them would remove the need for glasses and he pitched it as something to look forward to.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:47 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Glad you can see, GJ!

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I'm taking the plunge tomorrow and having natural lens replacement. Hopefully I'll be able to see you all at the quiz tomorrow night!

Everyone! Smear vaseline on your webcams!

:P

when my colleague was going in to have her eyes lasered, another colleague and I tested her on a cabinet label about 3 metres away for a couple of weeks in advance of the surgery. The day she went to have it done, we took a photo of the label and smudged it in photoshop and replaced the one on the cabinet with our modified version. Oh the lols.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:49 
Unpossible!

devilman wrote:
My optician mentioned that to me too. Due to the detached retinas I had, I'm apparently more likely to develop cataracts sooner than other people would and he mentioned that the process to sort them would remove the need for glasses and he pitched it as something to look forward to.

If it helps DM, my mum is probably the most squeamish anxiety wracked person I've ever met and she said it was absolutely fine. I reckon the Valium they give you before the op helps too :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:50 
Best
Board Mother

devilman wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Glad it went well, Jazzy

That weird trick?

I can understand why to be fair.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:08 
Comfortably Dumb

DavPaz wrote:
devilman wrote:

If it helps DM, my mum is probably the most squeamish anxiety wracked person I've ever met and she said it was absolutely fine. I reckon the Valium they give you before the op helps too :D

Oh, the process doesn't bother me - it was more the 'here's something to look forward to.. another operation!'

(the detached retina op was five hours and was for both eyes and led to ten weeks off work, so the squeamish side of things isn't a problem in this case)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:14 

Bobbyaro wrote:

when my colleague was going in to have her eyes lasered, another colleague and I tested her on a cabinet label about 3 metres away for a couple of weeks in advance of the surgery. The day she went to have it done, we took a photo of the label and smudged it in photoshop and replaced the one on the cabinet with our modified version. Oh the lols.

Oh man, that’s amazing :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:36 
Best
Board Mother

devilman wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
devilman wrote:

Oh, the process doesn't bother me - it was more the 'here's something to look forward to.. another operation!'

(the detached retina op was five hours and was for both eyes and led to ten weeks off work, so the squeamish side of things isn't a problem in this case)

Well when that's your experience it's not surprising you feel that way about it. This was very different to your experience though. Less than 10 mins per eye and I've booked four days off work. You don't have to have them done at the same time either. I chose to as I have Joan's here to help me. The only things I would have struggled with were getting home, and knowing which eye drops I needed. I didn't think twice about going to the loo, making coffee or toast, it was all easily doable. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:45 

How are your lasers now, Jazzy?

Giphy "laser eyes":
https://media4.giphy.com/media/10LkbTpwgPzWLu/giphy-loop.mp4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 13:05 
Best
Board Mother

Ha ha!

Really good thank you. I drove yesterday in the dark and it was all fine.

My near vision is still settling, but I can work okay. Last night I was able to read for the first time without much ghosting and I'm definitly getting less tired eyes from looking at a screen.

My next check up is after four weeks, by then everything should have settled and with the changes I am noticing every day I seem to be on track for that. I can see/read slightly better in natural daylight rather than artificial light and it can be a bit difficult if there is not much contrast - but even this is improving daily.

So yes, I'm really pleased and would recommend it to anyone considering it. In fact, if anyone does want referring, I can get £100. :D

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2