Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Animal Crossing Switch
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 19:39 

Jem wrote:
What's your dream ID Kern?

DA-5325-8332-4671

I also need to remember to open my gates more often too!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 19:40 
Excellent Member

aww, this morning I filled in some spaces and it was back up to about 3/4 full I'd say ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 20:26 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

devilman wrote:
TheVision wrote:
miki wrote:
@TheVision both your girls just visited and both of them left using -
can you please explain to them that this is NOT the way to leave an island as it resets the session for all the people on the island
the first one used minus to leave while I was still talking to her, which is possibly what happened to mimi as pressing minus in the chat is reporting to nintendo

No problem... Sorry about that! I'll tell them.

They'll be back to school on Wednesday so their Animal Crossing time will drastically decrease. I might actually get a go on my Switch!

I suspect it's also them that's taking all the spare fossils from my island too - every single one has gone again today.

It wouldn't have surprised me if they did however, I just spoke with them and they promised me that they didn't take all your spare fossils. They've only been on it today for a few minutes and in that, they said they only left the island to go to a dream.

I've just checked the game and their pockets are full (which is usual) and there's no fossils in there so in this instance, I don't think they're guilty.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 20:35 

If you’ve been AFK is there a way to see who has been on your island? Does it show in your chat log, perhaps. Whoever is doing it, that’s really shonky behaviour. I’ve been dumping my fossils into storage, because lazy. I’ll get them appraised tomorrow and bring them over, because that’s crappy. Is it three times they’ve been wiped now?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 20:37 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I've just had a look in my chat log and there's nothing in there at all. I couldn't see if there was any way to see which islands my character had been on though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 20:57 
Comfortably Dumb

Mimi wrote:
If you’ve been AFK is there a way to see who has been on your island? Does it show in your chat log, perhaps. Whoever is doing it, that’s really shonky behaviour. I’ve been dumping my fossils into storage, because lazy. I’ll get them appraised tomorrow and bring them over, because that’s crappy. Is it three times they’ve been wiped now?

Just twice so far. Ultimately they're just spare fossils so it's not a big deal, but it just sets me back a bit in trying to maintain a full set of spares. The chat log seems about the only thing of seeing who might have been to visit and aside from a few on here that already have a full set, it showed Vision's account logging on multiple times which was the case last time too.

I'll give it another go though and maybe just abandon that area of the island if it happens again :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 21:03 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

devilman wrote:
The chat log seems about the only thing of seeing who might have been to visit and aside from a few on here that already have a full set, it showed Vision's account logging on multiple times which was the case last time too.

Does it show me as logging on today? My girls were adamant that they didn't but they have been know to tell porkies in the past to cover their backs... like most kids... but again, I'll stress with them to be respectful of other peoples islands.

To be honest, I though they were so I apologise if they're been running amok on yours or anyone else's island.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 21:18 
Excellent Member

I really don't want to pile on, but apart form leaving with minus, the first "Ross" to visit last monday took 9 out of 10 diys that I had laid on, plus some from my friend who had put some down for me to look over (she had no way of knowing they were my friends)
she also shook palm trees and took the fruit and ate some of the fruit - which would have me worried if I hadn't known she couldn't use her shovel
none of this is to say either of them took fossils from Flump, but just to let you know what's going on :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 21:21 
Excellent Member

I've done another round of paintings/statues
@mimi, for you I've guessed two, hoping you dont have them, if you do please send it/them back for an exchange :D
@Dimrill I've taken note of your wishlist in the other topic and filled out the excel accordingly

Everyone who's participating: please check if https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing is still correct, if not please correct it
Particularly the statues part as well as I've come to a point where some paintings are more rare then some statues :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 21:25 
Comfortably Dumb

TheVision wrote:
devilman wrote:
The chat log seems about the only thing of seeing who might have been to visit and aside from a few on here that already have a full set, it showed Vision's account logging on multiple times which was the case last time too.

Does it show me as logging on today? My girls were adamant that they didn't but they have been know to tell porkies in the past to cover their backs... like most kids... but again, I'll stress with them to be respectful of other peoples islands.

To be honest, I though they were so I apologise if they're been running amok on yours or anyone else's island.

Yes, several times today. Not to worry - I'll just start over again with it tomorrow :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 21:39 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Thanks for being so understanding. Again, I apologise if they've caused havok or upset anyone. I'll have a word with them about it tomorrow. By all means, if you see me (them) on your islands then feel free to boot me (them) off. I won't be offended.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:53 

miki wrote:
I've done another round of paintings/statues
@mimi, for you I've guessed two, hoping you dont have them, if you do please send it/them back for an exchange :D
@Dimrill I've taken note of your wishlist in the other topic and filled out the excel accordingly

Everyone who's participating: please check if https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing is still correct, if not please correct it
Particularly the statues part as well as I've come to a point where some paintings are more rare then some statues :)

Thank you so much, @Miki. I was not expecting that at all! I took them to Blathers this morning. He did have one but not the other, so I gave him the Wistful. I’ve got Redd today so I’ll have a look to see what he has a but jäger.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:00 
Comfortably Dumb

Thank you too, Miki. Also, I ended up buying that Proper Painting as well, so I've ticked that off your list.

Bit of a rush job today, but not much to report any besides Label. Turnips are at 141 though so maybe they'll go up further this afternoon.
https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 5004580864

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:07 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

miki wrote:

Correct for me - I've still only managed to find red on my island once - so other than a single picture everything else on there has been gifts from you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:07 
Excellent Member

@mimi, I'm glad at least one of them was good :D I hope Redd has something nice for you too and maybe later I can visit and I'll fill in your list for you? Maybe water something?

@Devilman, you're very welcome and very nice addition with the Proper! I will hop over to Flump and make a new start on the fossils

@everyone, I have Leif today with hibiscus (obv) but also azalea starts which is surprising (and tulips and hyacinths) , so if anyone needs let me know!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:09 
Excellent Member

zaphod79 wrote:
miki wrote:

Correct for me - I've still only managed to find red on my island once - so other than a single picture everything else on there has been gifts from you.
aww yay! I love helping fill up ppls museums! although, boo Redd come over more!

I don't know if you saw when I said before to Kern, but when he is visiting his split-leaf icon shows by his secret beach on the map. So if you have the mini map on when you start the game and step out of your house you can see it.
Someone visits every workday, so look for your days visitor
with the last summer update the chances should be that you see every NPC once in a two week period, so never seeing Redd is not how it should be
(Leif, Label, Kicks, Saharah, CJ, Flick, Redd, Gulliver, Gullivarr)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:49 
Skillmeister

6 raw fossils dropped off.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 15:18 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

miki wrote:
I don't know if you saw when I said before to Kern, but when he is visiting his split-leaf icon shows by his secret beach on the map. So if you have the mini map on when you start the game and step out of your house you can see it.
Someone visits every workday, so look for your days visitor
with the last summer update the chances should be that you see every NPC once in a two week period, so never seeing Redd is not how it should be
(Leif, Label, Kicks, Saharah, CJ, Flick, Redd, Gulliver, Gullivarr)

Thanks Miki - I did not know about the leaf icon i will keep an eye on it - this week was also the first time I've seen Label on my island

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 19:14 
Excellent Member

Thank you for the paintings Miki :luv: :luv: :luv:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 19:59 
Excellent Member

Thanks Miki - I did not know about the leaf icon i will keep an eye on it - this week was also the first time I've seen Label on my island[/quote]

this is an example I found via google, so on your own map it will show that circled icon at Redds beach, it's also on his flag :)
sorry for the bigness folks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 19:59 
Excellent Member

you're totally welcome Abeille!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:31 
Skillmeister

Thanks for the statues Miki!

Well after only a few hours of play I've got 4 of all the new insects, and the same with the fish with the exception of the pike. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 
Comfortably Dumb

My internet was a little flaky yesterday so we'll see how it holds up today. Gate is open, Kicks is around and turnips are still 141.

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 5569725440

Not seen that bath type before.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:05 

I’ve got some fossils to bring over, DM, so I’ll try and pop over later x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:14 
Skillmeister

A load of raw fossils and a couple of recipes dropped off.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:18 
sneering elitist

I have Redd this morning in case anyone wants any fake paintings :roll:

Thank you Miki for your further contributions to my museum - it's looking amazing :luv: you're infinitely more reliable than Redd :DD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:57 
Excellent Member

Dimrill and Jem you are both very welcome! :)

@Dimrill - yesterday without any exaggeration I flung at least 150 bait in the river mouth and caught absolutely everything there was on offer
except a Sturgeon!! It's the only one in season I still need but noooooooooo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:18 
Excellent Member

@Devilman, Flump is unavailable

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:57 
Comfortably Dumb

miki wrote:
@Devilman, Flump is unavailable

Hmm.. I've checked and it seems to still be connected. I did have to reboot my router but that was around 10ish and I reopened the gate after that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:59 
Excellent Member

I'm sorry, I was probably just late reporting it because it's working just fine for me now

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:02 
Comfortably Dumb

miki wrote:
I'm sorry, I was probably just late reporting it because it's working just fine for me now

Phew :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:34 

Hanging around at the airport, hoping to smuggle some fossils over to Flump.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:51 
Comfortably Dumb

Glad I checked Beex before heading out to the post office :D

Gate is open now :) Baabara is at the campsite too.
https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 3748966402

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:23 

Haha, there was no rush. I just turned off whilst I waited.

All dropped off now. Sorry, I was a clutz and forgot to assess them first, so took them to your museum but Blathers doesn’t asses fossils from other islands (which is a shame for fossil diversity) so they are in their ‘raw’ state, as Dimmers put it).

Anyway, 40 fresh fossils are outside. Obviously just sell the duplicates. Buy yourself a nice hat or something x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:05 
Excellent Member

Mimi wrote:
Buy yourself a nice hat or something x
:DD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:25 
Excellent Member

omg I thought I'd be helpful so I ferried the raw fossils to Charming, got them assessed and took them back to Flump and put them in the field
so science fans
there were 40 from mimi + 1 lost one from Dimrill I assume + 4 I brought so 45 fossils
and now there are 29 doubles! that's a lot right?! for a fossil field that is maybe 1/3 full to get 29 doubles out of 45?

anyway, the doubles are on the path and buy yourself a biiiiiiiiiiig hat :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:28 
Comfortably Dumb

Thank you Miki for sorting them out and thank you all for dropping them off in the first place. :) Of the ones I had spare last night, when I checked them against the ones Dimrill had already dropped off, virtually all the ones I had were duplicates too, so there are certainly a lot of them around.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:46 
Excellent Member

happy to do it :)
the field does look better again!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 15:05 
Excellent Member

Thank you for the spare painting Jem! I'm putting it in the "art warehouse" and I'm sure it will help out someone!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:16 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open again, although turnips are only 101.

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 9286650881

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:06 
Excellent Member

ooh definitely had better luck today! I brought 20 fossils and only 6 were doubles :D
also put down some starbits and some bait again :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:13 
sneering elitist

miki wrote:
Thank you for the spare painting Jem! I'm putting it in the "art warehouse" and I'm sure it will help out someone!

No worries, after all, you're now the resident art dealer :DD

Dropped a bunch of DIYs at devilman's this morning including a few ironwood in case anyone needs those.

Seem to be constantly getting orange wall clocks lately otherwise :S although did manage to get an autum DIY from a balloon this morning, woohoo :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:24 
Excellent Member

I know right! How many orange wall clocks does the game think we need!
ans shell stuff like shell wreath and shell rug, but never shell lamp or shell speakers??

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:44 
Skillmeister

6 more raw fossils dropped off, plus two recipes. I found one of your buried fossils snuggled behind a tree, so added that to the pile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 19:00 
sneering elitist

Isabelle says I'm due shooting stars tonight so I've opened my gate, but no idea what time they start.

ETA: they've started already :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:05 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open again and Lief is around.

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 7992564736

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:52 
Excellent Member

I'm sorry I missed your stars Jem!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:26 
Excellent Member

@Devilman, I bought the server, I hope that's ok? I seem to remember you already bought it a while ago. Let me know if anyone wants it ordered
also placed a few fossils and left some extra bait

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:36 
Comfortably Dumb

miki wrote:
@Devilman, I bought the server, I hope that's ok? I seem to remember you already bought it a while ago. Let me know if anyone wants it ordered
also placed a few fossils and left some extra bait

Yeah, I already have the server in my home office :)

Also.. I caught the Pike and King Salmon over the weekend and the Monarch Butterfly this morning, so not much left for me to catch now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:42 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open and Saharah is around.

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 5418951682

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 79  Next