Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 16 : Modern Warfare
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 21:18 
Rude Belittler

Yeah, whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:31 
Ready for action

Played a bit of MP during the free weekend since it was double xp then decided we’d practice our Warzone gameplay some more over the last couple of nights. Got a 2nd place finish in duos which is our best yet. Also had some brilliant games in trios with my sisters boyfriend. I managed to win a pistol vs pistol gunfight straight after dropping in which is highly unusual, I’m winning about 50% of gulag matches now instead of it being a guaranteed death, and I have a load out I’m happy with now with a sniper rifle with 3.25 zoom scope to avoid the optic glint. Got a couple of brilliant shots with the sniper rifle so hopefully I can keep practicing that because it feels like a massive advantage in Warzone.

We also picked up a contraband contract last night and were able to complete that for big money and a new sniper blueprint and after three of our four had been killed I survived three minutes on a most wanted contract and the whole team respawned which was awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 15:15 
Rude Belittler

Have you found Ghost's message?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 15:41 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Pundabaya wrote:
Have you found Ghost's message?

Interesting - I saw the tag in the quests line and kept meaning to look at what it was but never did

Page explaining where things are and the quest line if you don't mind some spoilers

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/call ... tions-7019

I did also see that there is a way to get inside the bunker on the trench map

https://www.gfinityesports.com/article/ ... to-open-it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 16:35 
Ready for action

I didn’t know anything about Ghosts message, how do you find out about the intel in the first place?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 16:49 
Ready for action

sdg wrote:
I didn’t know anything about Ghosts message, how do you find out about the intel in the first place?

As in, I can see in that euro gamer link that you go and find the location in the message Ghost sent you, but where do you see the message that Ghost sent you?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 20:07 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
sdg wrote:

As in, I can see in that euro gamer link that you go and find the location in the message Ghost sent you, but where do you see the message that Ghost sent you?

The quests tab has the image in there - not sure if there was more than that (possibly in the cutscene ?)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 22:35 
8-Bit Champion

Well I've tried it multiple times even abandoning everything to make sure I'm the very first person to get to the desk and it does not show for me - apparently its a little glitchy :-)

youtube video with the locations

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 13:58 
Ready for action

I haven’t ever noticed a quests tab lol. I’ll have a look later.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 14:48 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
I haven’t ever noticed a quests tab lol. I’ll have a look later.

On both Multiplayer and Warzone there is a quests page you can get to in the main menu that shows

Your current active quest (get 5 headshots / get 10 kills with a sniper / etc) which you can switch around if you get stuck - it starts with one active but i'm pretty sure you need to manually move to the next set when you've completed a 'tab' - this did also used to have the operator missions in them which made it really hard to manage but in Season 3 they moved that to the operators page and its automatically set when you switch to a different operator

The daily quests - these are also things like 'get 5 headshots' but only valid for a day - they have separate lists for Multiplayer and Warzone and have at least gone back to normalish ones after the early season 3 quests like "Get 5 headshots with a sniper rifle with 3 attachments but not a scope while standing on one hand and wearing a blue jacket" (and thats not much of an exaggeration)

The weekly quests - these are slightly larger numbers but still 'get X' headshots or win X games of Search & Destroy and have separate lists for Multiplayer and Warzone - i think they reset around Tuesday ?

These all reward you with XP / blueprints / tags / etc - the usual cosmetics

When Season 4 launched there was a new tab added which just says 'intel' and if you select it you get the image of inside the TV station as your first clue.

FYI there is also *another* set of challenges that unlock for each level you get above level 55 - you get to that through the barracks / your records page which last for the whole season - there are 100 challenges (the last unlocks at level 155) and for every 10 you complete you get a token / symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 14:48 
Bad Girl

I’ve done it.

It’s “very” glitchy - sometimes you’ll click on the intel and nothing will happen. Best I could do to make it work was to click and stand perfectly still until Ghost appears in the top right corner then it worked consistently. It also seems you can’t do them sequentially in one drop so you’ll need to drop seven times to finish it.

It’s not worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 23:08 
Ready for action

Finally got our first BR win in quads with my brother in law with his friend, so pleased! We’ve been chasing it all week and had a couple of 2nd place finishes which felt stressful and panic filled. This time it felt good, we had great positioning and great comms and although my adrenaline was pumping and my palms were sweating, it felt a lot more comfortable.

Then my brother in law and his friend had to go offline so we played a quick game of duos while we waited for someone else and ended up winning it as well! Again, it felt comfortable, our movement and positioning felt good and in both games we felt like we were pulling our weight instead of dragging the team down which is how we felt when we first started playing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 23:14 
Ready for action

How do you get the PS4 to record game footage?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 0:23 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
How do you get the PS4 to record game footage?

It records by default - if you hit the share button on the controller it will let you save off your last block

You can also link up your youtube or twice account and it will stream to them (you need to remember to turn it on by pressing the share button) and those will keep it (twitch for a short period of time but youtube forever)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 22:45 
8-Bit Champion

The new set of intel missions for Warzone are out and these ones actually work for me

https://www.gfinityesports.com/article/ ... my-mission

Got the first 3 so far

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 15:48 
8-Bit Champion

New update patch - 22 gig on PS4 and another 3.5 gig download after thats in to download a multiplayer pack (you can play warzone without it but cant play multiplayer)

Update notes here :

https://www.infinityward.com/news/2020- ... es_June_29

Nerfs for the GRAU and AMAX / Shoot the ship playlist is back / new map / and 200 player warzone is here and a new game mode (defend) - one flag on the map - grab it and the longer your team holds onto it the more you score

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 18:12 
Rude Belittler

It's really sniper-y at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 20:03 
8-Bit Champion

Pundabaya wrote:
It's really sniper-y at the moment.

Yeah i noticed that - two reasons i think

1) New sniper rifle challenge is to get 3 no/quick scope kills in 15 matches
2) The new sniper rifle fires explosive rounds so a hit anywhere basically kills

So you've got people trying to grind the sniper challenge and you've got the people who have already grinded it out using their new toy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:55 
Rude Belittler

To be fair the new sniper with explosive rounds is great fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:22 
8-Bit Champion

Pundabaya wrote:
To be fair the new sniper with explosive rounds is great fun.

I'm still grinding it - i had some problems because i cant use a sniper very well in general but my best way was to use a marksman rifle (i've the first one leveled pretty high as i used it to unlock the crossbow) and playing on shoot the ship (mainly shipment) just spam both the aim and shoot buttons when firing which gets me my quickscope kills - I'm about 1/2 way

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:23 
Rude Belittler

I tried with the regular snipers and sucked at it. I ended up using my trusty M2 carbine.
Fun fact: you don't have to use a scope to get quick scope kills. You can use any sight, even iron sights on the marksman rifles.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:17 
8-Bit Champion

Just in case you wondered why the updates are 30 gig

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/ ... aster_egg/

(Easter egg found on the new map)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:08 
Rude Belittler

Just FYI: the explosive ammo on the new sniper is bugged, while you are using it you won't gain weapon xp.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:41 
Ready for action

Third BR win last night, that’s me got one on Duos, Trios and Quads.

We’re not playing much multiplayer at the moment, Jen’s had joint issues since pregnancy and the faster pace of multiplayer makes her hands cramp up so that’s why we’re not playing it much.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:27 
UltraMod

I’m always up for some WZ.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 14:50 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Chonks wrote:
I’m always up for some WZ.

I'm not that good at it but i dont mind playing either - typically on warzone just now i'm playing solo - I've hit top 10 twice

I've also managed to finish the 2nd set of challenges but the first one on the first set is still bugged for me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 17:43 
Ready for action

I think we’ve got a full squad tonight with my brother in law and my sisters boyfriend but on nights that they’re not on we often just play duos so I’ll try and remember to post here! They’ve changed Plunder back to Trios which is annoying because I know a lot of people don’t like BR as much and Plunder is a good compromise and a good way to practice for BR.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 17:44 
Ready for action

For the snipers in the group, BR is a great place to run with a sniper and a loot crate AR as a secondary. Get yourself on the roof of one of the tall buildings downtown and rack up some kills.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 23:15 
8-Bit Champion

So close

Attachment:
EcRZ56HXkAQb5oW.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 0:26 
Ready for action

2nd place finishes are brutal, you get all the adrenaline and none of the pay off. We got our first win a couple of days after getting two 2nd places though so you’ll get it any day now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:51 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
2nd place finishes are brutal, you get all the adrenaline and none of the pay off. We got our first win a couple of days after getting two 2nd places though so you’ll get it any day now.

Yeah I finished off the 3rd place and it was a 1 on 1 with the last guy - i was hiding behind my shield and i missed my knife throw - when he reloaded i swapped out to my other weapon but it was too slow - first time i'd actually seen the credits for the end as I'd always just left when I was knocked out

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 16:46 
Ready for action

zaphod79 wrote:
sdg wrote:

Yeah I finished off the 3rd place and it was a 1 on 1 with the last guy - i was hiding behind my shield and i missed my knife throw - when he reloaded i swapped out to my other weapon but it was too slow - first time i'd actually seen the credits for the end as I'd always just left when I was knocked out

It’s interesting how differently you have to think about Warzone loadouts vs MP loadouts. In Warzone, having a high capacity mag can literally win or lose you a match as that guy demonstrated.

I’m really tempted to do a kali sticks/shield/stun/throwing knife class for a laugh. There’s a YouTube video of a Trio no bullet win and it looks like it was great fun.

At the moment, I’m running cold blooded/ghost/and something else with a silenced Grau but I think I might start levelling up another AR.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 17:17 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
It’s interesting how differently you have to think about Warzone loadouts vs MP loadouts. In Warzone, having a high capacity mag can literally win or lose you a match as that guy demonstrated.

I’m really tempted to do a kali sticks/shield/stun/throwing knife class for a laugh. There’s a YouTube video of a Trio no bullet win and it looks like it was great fun.

At the moment, I’m running cold blooded/ghost/and something else with a silenced Grau but I think I might start levelling up another AR.

Yeah loadouts are different and although you can take your guns in with you I'm generally fine with whats there - its the perks that make the difference (cold blooded / ghost / tracker)

I've seen a few sticks finisher videos and I've started the process of unlocking them but it is a pain (15 matches / 3 kills a match with a knife while sliding) - but i guess that's what shipment is for :-)

My weapons choice at the start is about any SMG with an LMG as my secondary and then when i unlock my loadout i tend to take the one with a shield - having the shield to protect your back when moving can be invaluable and keep the LMG as my 'weapon'
Lethal i prefer throwing knives and non lethal has to be the heartbeat sensor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 18:15 
Rude Belittler

I think shields should slow you down when they're on your back, sure none of the other weapons slow you down while they're unequipped, but none of the other weapons have an effect when they're unequipped. (Mind you this might be because I'm sick of knife cunts with shields on their backs.)

It's bad enough that in the real world battle between a reasonably portable shield and most rifle calibre rounds, the bullets win easily. Never mind the .50 cal snipers. Or whatever the VTOL shoots.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:14 
8-Bit Champion

Pundabaya wrote:
I think shields should slow you down when they're on your bac

Yeah i dont see that happening - shields have done that in all the versions right back to MW2 I think when they first came in and all you need to do is hit any part of the body not covered so thats side / front / feet - and if your playing with a shield you know that rear hits still hurt and knock your health down

On Warzone i think the best we managed last night was 5th but quite a few straight wipeouts - If we're going to a specific contract and i see a lot of other players landing i do tend to divert to a nearby building or location with the idea that i'll get some weapons first but i did also have one where i landed at the same time as one other player so it was both a race to grab the contract first and a race to either kill the other with just a pistol or get out of the way.

Deaths in Warzone solo tend to be :
Bump into someone as you enter a room / building and its a 1-1 fight
Sniped from a long way away
Killed by an RPG from someone on a rooftop as you move around

SDG if you do want to try any of the other AR's or SMG's i have them all unlocked with attachments so can setup a class with one and then call it in as a loadout and you could try the gun (I think you mentioned the M13) - i have unlocked all attachments for the AR's / SMG's / Pistols / Shotguns

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 20:20 
sdg wrote:

I really like using the M13 in warzone, the rate of fire is what does it for me.

I haven't been on in a hot minute though, so I'm probably trash now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 23:12 
8-Bit Champion

Interesting mission in Warzone tonight - it started as a scavenger but when i got the last one it told me i had counterfit goods and had to take them to a drop off point at the airport and for completing the task i'd get a weapon blueprint

https://gamewith.net/cod-modernwarfare/ ... show/16294

Quote:
New: Contraband Contract - Target & Goal

A Contraband contract is a very rare contract that gives you a permanent Blueprint reward if successfully completed! Once you've started the contract, you will need to bring it to a designated helicopter extraction point!
Keep in mind that Contraband Contracts will only have a chance to appear if you have previously completed a contract in the same match! Make it a priority to complete contracts if you're hunting for a Contraband Contract!
Keep in mind that enemies will be able to steal the contract from you if they kill the carrier of the contraband briefcase. You will need to constantly watch your six as enemy teams may be hot on your trail!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 23:36 
Rude Belittler

nickachu wrote:
sdg wrote:

I really like using the M13 in warzone, the rate of fire is what does it for me.

I haven't been on in a hot minute though, so I'm probably trash now.

I really like the M13 with Blackout .300 ammo. No tracers, no little skulls popping up on your target's friend's HUDs when you kill them, enhanced noise reduction. Combined with the integral suppresor barrel and a stealth loadout, you're really stealthy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:18 
Ready for action

We’ve been watching IceManIsaacs Warzone Academy series and Jen and I took the opportunity last night to practice them in Duos. The pinwheel rotation is easily the single biggest thing to improve our gameplay but the whole series is brilliant.

https://youtu.be/gpfEymRUZmc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 21:13 
8-Bit Champion

Very lucky at the end but :

Attachment:
EcgpyUaWoAEpCn8.jpg

Got a win

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 21:20 
Ready for action

Nice! I hate the username glitch where it shows the wrong person. Are the kills right? I’ve still not won solos but I’ve only played it a couple of times.
We’ve told my brother in law we’ll play tonight so don’t think we’ll have space to join you :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 22:07 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
Nice! I hate the username glitch where it shows the wrong person. Are the kills right? I’ve still not won solos but I’ve only played it a couple of times.
We’ve told my brother in law we’ll play tonight so don’t think we’ll have space to join you :(

Yeah about right - the luck for me was when it was the last 3 players one shot me but i revived myself while they took on the 3rd player and i killed the winner of that

Not a problem i'll play solo or do more grinding for the sticks - just shoot me an invite if you want an extra person on your team and i'm online

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 22:12 
Bad Girl

“Username glitch” yeah right... come back when you’ve actually got a win.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 23:38 
Ready for action

Satsuma wrote:
“Username glitch” yeah right... come back when you’ve actually got a win.

:hat:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 23:20 
8-Bit Champion

The next set of intel is live - mainly collected around the port

https://www.gfinityesports.com/article/ ... m-gun-game

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 23:25 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
Are the kills right? I’ve still not won solos but I’ve only played it a couple of times.

Actually they were not - when I checked back :

Attachment:
Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 23.23.08.png

So damage and contracts were right - i guess it just doesn't show the last kill or maybe its broken in some other weird way

Todays matches were terrible - virtually never got out of the jail and my best was a 15th although i did spend a lot of time wandering round the port doing the mission stuff and thats my excuse :-)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 20:52 
8-Bit Champion

Next update is out - part 1 on PS4 is 36gb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:37 
8-Bit Champion

Season 5 trailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 0:24 
Rude Belittler

To be honest, I think I'm tapping out of CoD. For this iteration at least.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:53 
8-Bit Champion

Another free season pack on PS4

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/pro ... LUSPACK003

Quote:
- Epic Operator Skin for Zane
- Epic SMG Weapon Blueprint
- Epic Cosmetic Watch
- Epic Weapon Charm
- Epic Calling Card
- Epic Emblem
- 60-minute 2XP Token

Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next