Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:22 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 12936
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
Malc wrote:
So it's 13 people at the moment, any more for any more?

Interested (13)
    Findus Fop
    TheVision
    MaliA
    Ken
    DavPaz
    Kern
    Pundabaya
    GazChap
    Cras
    JBR
    Mr Chonks
    Kovacs
    Curiosity

I'll give it until the end of the week before drawing up the groups, in the meantime, can you all suggest some themes that you'd like to see used in the tournament, when I have a load, I will put up a poll for which theme(s) will be used in the first round.


You missed Jem :)

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:31 
User avatar
sneering elitist

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 3026
Location: Broseley
Good thing you spotted that because I didn't :DD

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 13:35 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
Gah, sorry, added now, nice even numbers, but if people want in still, then it's fine, I can handle odd numbers.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 13:36 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 54831
Location: Liberty City
I am only half in, so 13.5

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 23:59 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
I've added a poll to the first post, regarding the suggested themes. Having a bit of trouble getting it to be a Eurovision style poll, which may have some impact on the voting!

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 0:25 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
It looks like there are two themes tied for top spot:

Actually, that's pretty creepy

Song for your funeral

You are going to select your own groups, sorta. Can you give each theme a mark out of 5 and then send me a private message with your scores. I will do my best to put everyone in the group they prefer. (If you have no preference, then rank them the same value). If too many prefer one theme over the other, then I will move people around to make them even.

Once I have all 14 responses (or by Thursday Morning). I will post the groups and the rules. If you have any questions please ask, either on this thread or by private message.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 20:11 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
GazChap wrote:
Malc wrote:
So it's 13 people at the moment, any more for any more?

Interested (13)
    Findus Fop
    TheVision
    MaliA
    Ken
    DavPaz
    Kern
    Pundabaya
    GazChap
    Cras
    JBR
    Mr Chonks
    Kovacs
    Curiosity

I'll give it until the end of the week before drawing up the groups, in the meantime, can you all suggest some themes that you'd like to see used in the tournament, when I have a load, I will put up a poll for which theme(s) will be used in the first round.


You missed Jem :)


I just realised I didn't miss Jem, I just typed her name as Ken! (touch typing for the loss!)

So it is only 13 people,

I've had a few responses from people about which theme they like the best, but still waiting on over half of you. Please try and get your answer to me ASAP

Thanks

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 22:18 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48519
Actually Malc, count me out, a bit busy. Take it to a nice even 12 :)

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 22:35 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 54831
Location: Liberty City
Cras wrote:
Actually Malc, count me out, a bit busy. Take it to a nice even 12 :)

Thank Christ for that

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 22:43 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
Cras wrote:
Actually Malc, count me out, a bit busy. Take it to a nice even 12 :)


Thanks for letting me know.

Shame, but it does make it slightly easier!

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 22:48 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4956
Malc wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Malc wrote:
So it's 13 people at the moment, any more for any more?

Interested (13)
    Findus Fop
    TheVision
    MaliA
    Ken
    DavPaz
    Kern
    Pundabaya
    GazChap
    Cras
    JBR
    Mr Chonks
    Kovacs
    Curiosity

I'll give it until the end of the week before drawing up the groups, in the meantime, can you all suggest some themes that you'd like to see used in the tournament, when I have a load, I will put up a poll for which theme(s) will be used in the first round.


You missed Jem :)


I just realised I didn't miss Jem, I just typed her name as Ken! (touch typing for the loss!)

So it is only 13 people,

I've had a few responses from people about which theme they like the best, but still waiting on over half of you. Please try and get your answer to me ASAP

Thanks


Hate them all the same amount


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 22:51 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
Pundabaya wrote:
Malc wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Malc wrote:
So it's 13 people at the moment, any more for any more?

Interested (13)
    Findus Fop
    TheVision
    MaliA
    Ken
    DavPaz
    Kern
    Pundabaya
    GazChap
    Cras
    JBR
    Mr Chonks
    Kovacs
    Curiosity

I'll give it until the end of the week before drawing up the groups, in the meantime, can you all suggest some themes that you'd like to see used in the tournament, when I have a load, I will put up a poll for which theme(s) will be used in the first round.


You missed Jem :)


I just realised I didn't miss Jem, I just typed her name as Ken! (touch typing for the loss!)

So it is only 13 people,

I've had a few responses from people about which theme they like the best, but still waiting on over half of you. Please try and get your answer to me ASAP

Thanks


Hate them all the same amount


You're supposed to message me, but you do you want me to put you down as 0 for both (so I'll put you in either group) ?

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 23:14 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46298
Location: Cheshire
Happy with either!

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 23:15 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 36431
MaliA wrote:
Happy with either!

This


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 23:27 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
Thanks for that, I now need 4 more people to send me their preference (and indeed if anyone still wants to join they are more than welcome to send me their preference)
@Kovacs
@Curiosity
@Jem
@TheVision

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 0:26 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4956
Malc wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
Malc wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Malc wrote:
So it's 13 people at the moment, any more for any more?

Interested (13)
    Findus Fop
    TheVision
    MaliA
    Ken
    DavPaz
    Kern
    Pundabaya
    GazChap
    Cras
    JBR
    Mr Chonks
    Kovacs
    Curiosity

I'll give it until the end of the week before drawing up the groups, in the meantime, can you all suggest some themes that you'd like to see used in the tournament, when I have a load, I will put up a poll for which theme(s) will be used in the first round.


You missed Jem :)


I just realised I didn't miss Jem, I just typed her name as Ken! (touch typing for the loss!)

So it is only 13 people,

I've had a few responses from people about which theme they like the best, but still waiting on over half of you. Please try and get your answer to me ASAP

Thanks


Hate them all the same amount


You're supposed to message me, but you do you want me to put you down as 0 for both (so I'll put you in either group) ?


Yep!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:54 
User avatar
sneering elitist

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 3026
Location: Broseley
What, what am I supposed to be doing?

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:00 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 20203
Location: shropshire, uk
I am not sure either..

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:11 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 54831
Location: Liberty City
PM Malc with marks out of 5 for the following categories:

Actually, that's pretty creepy
Song for your funeral

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:38 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
Mr Chonks, has got it spot on there.

I'm letting you chose your first theme out of the two most popular ones.

I want you to rank out of 5 both of the themes based on how much you would like your first song choice to be a song from that theme.

If you'd really like the funeral one, but don't want the creepy one, you would say 5 for the funeral and 0 for creepy. If you like them both equally, you might say 4 for both of them etc.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:23 
User avatar
sneering elitist

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 3026
Location: Broseley
OK thanks, sorry to be stupid, it's been a long week :DD

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 17:47 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48519
There's a new forum up top of page for this - Malc, you should have admin rights in there, let me know if anything looks wrong

Cheers

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 13:21 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
Just a reminder to say that, most of the Battle of the Songs will be in the Battle of the Songs Sub Forum at the top of the page, also a reminder that I am waiting for everyone playing to message me their choice of song for week 1. I've had 4 people message me so far, still waiting on 8 more. Full details of who is in which group and what theme you should be using in the aforementioned sub forum.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:12 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
I have posted the songs in the BotS Subforum, please listen to the songs today, and then tomorrow morning I will open the voting.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:26 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 15424
Location: Oxford
Excellent! Looking forward to listening!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:44 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
After some major faff, I have managed to get the polls up in the BotS subforum, I've had to label each song as song 1, song 2, etc but I have provided a handy code block with what each song number refers to, so hopefully it's not too much of a faff for you.

The polls will run until Saturday morning, and I hope to announce the winners etc at some point after that, I will then ask the losers to provide the theme(s) they want the other group to use in week 2 .

Please remember that the voting is open to everyone, even if you have not entered a song in the competition, you can still vote for these songs.

Thanks/

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:50 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 36431
BotS: Week 1 - Group B: Favourite Song Poll is super broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:54 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
DavPaz wrote:
BotS: Week 1 - Group B: Favourite Song Poll is super broken

yup, fixed now, very weird, first it had the normal 6 options, then it had no options, then it had 12 options (each song twice), then it had 18 options!, then it had 6 tick boxes, I don't understand what's going on with it, but I think it's fixed now.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:12 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
Just a note that the results and tables for week 1 are up in the BotS sub forum, along with the results of which themes to use in week 1, head over there if you are interested.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 20:52 
User avatar
Soopah red DS

Joined: 2nd Jun, 2008
Posts: 2283
Looks good. And satisfyingly complicated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 13:16 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
I have uploaded 11 of the 12 songs for this weeks Battle of the Songs! Once again it's listening only at the moment, I will open voting tomorrow morning. If the 12th song gets submitted to me before then I will update group A's post and include it in the votes.

Head over to the Battle of the Songs Sub-forum for all the glorious videos!

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 13:47 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9742
Location: Devon
Polling is now open for Week 2 of Battle of the Songs!

head over to the BotS sub-forum to get your vote in

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: devilman, Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.