Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 16 : Modern Warfare
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:52 
Ready for action

Mr Chonks wrote:
I hope Zaphod streamed me punching Riles to death for the final kill

This was hilarious!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:56 
Ready for action

zaphod79 wrote:
So while we're waiting then - Battlepass notes

Zaphod being MVP in game and in the thread! I’m sold, do you buy the CoD points on PSN? Will have a look during kids nap time.

I fully support the decision to delay season 4 and I think the reaction online shows why it’s a good decision. I have been so disappointed to read some of the comments but I hope this draws people’s attention to what’s going on who otherwise might have been unaware.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 13:07 
Bad Girl

Never bought a battle pass and never will. I’ve paid my entrance fee.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 13:35 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Satsuma wrote:
Never bought a battle pass and never will. I’ve paid my entrance fee.

I really like that you can do that and still get the guns / the maps / the new modes etc without having the 'this person does not have this map pack' message pop up continually like previous games

out of interest have you spent the cod points you get by playing and if so what did you buy ?

sdg wrote:
I’m sold, do you buy the CoD points on PSN? Will have a look during kids nap time.

Buy in game (store tab then the very bottom section has a 'franchise' store where you can pick them up) or buy via the online PSN store - 1100 points is £8.49

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/pro ... P000001100

Which is the bundle i bought - you can get smaller amounts (200 / 500) if you did just need a little to top up

sdg wrote:
I fully support the decision to delay season 4 and I think the reaction online shows why it’s a good decision. I have been so disappointed to read some of the comments but I hope this draws people’s attention to what’s going on who otherwise might have been unaware.

I've seen quite a few similar notifications (like the PS5 event being pushed back) and i do think its at least a small way to make people more aware that there are much much bigger things going on in the world

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 14:11 
Bad Girl

Quote:
out of interest have you spent the cod points you get by playing and if so what did you buy ?

Nope. Still got them knocking about. They ain’t getting their fake money back off me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 15:19 
UltraMod

Satsuma wrote:
Quote:

Nope. Still got them knocking about. They ain’t getting their fake money back off me.

:DD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 15:31 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

On the headphone front, I know this won't be for everyone, but I still use the in ear microphone that came with the PS4. I then use big cans like the below over the top.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/supp ... rk/manuals

They're RF and plug directly into the tv headphone jack so very little lag and I can control both volumes independently.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 17:12 
Rude Belittler

sdg wrote:

I'm massively cynical about it. After all, we all remember Activision Blizzard's response to the protests in Hong Kong...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 16:45 
Ready for action

Pundabaya wrote:
sdg wrote:

I'm massively cynical about it. After all, we all remember Activision Blizzard's response to the protests in Hong Kong...

Oh, I'm completely cynical about the reasons they delayed but wether they were good intentioned or not, they've drawn the attention of gamer communities to the issue. Some of the chat on Day 1 of the announcement on some gamer stuff I follow on FB was just awful but more and more over the last few days I have seen larger amounts of people clap back on comments from people who try to say it's a US issue only, or just about looting for fun. Some people are being educated and that's better than nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 22:42 
8-Bit Champion

So - click through at the game loadup (black lives matter ) - and the loading up of every level right now has the same message

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 23:04 
UltraMod

Yes. It is good.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 17:43 
Ready for action

Anyone got any good recs for a warzone class? I’ve been using the M4A1 which I like but I think it lacks a bit of power (noticed on kill cam that enemies take fewer bullets to kill me) and it also suffers from a bit too much recoil over long range.

Running Ghost and Cold Blooded, obv. So if there’s a gun that resolves the above while also equipped with a suppressor then even better!

I’ve been really enjoying Plunder and have started to get a bit more confident so played a couple of games of BR solos.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 18:05 
Ready for action

Should have said in here as well; my newest hobby of buying game headsets is still going strong!

I bought the Sony gold headset for Jen. It’s good!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 19:20 
Rude Belittler

I'm not really a Warzone fan, but I've had success with the semi-auto Marksman rifles (EBR-14 and SKS), and whatever the fuck they call the FAMAS in this game (FR 5.56), I'm guessing the FAL might be good too.

If you get the M4 up high enough you get special powerful ammo in 10 round mags which if you combine it with the long range barrel and a 3x (ish, so ACOG style) scope and recoil control and accuracy mods, that'd work too. Tap fire at range, just dump the mag at short range.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 20:00 
8-Bit Champion

I know when this started you had even less classes but they really need a way to allow you to have a few more for special things - having classes eaten up by the co-op game modes / Warzone / etc makes it difficult and although you can use blueprints to get a gun you cant save a 'class' in the same way to switch backwards and forwards

I've not played very much of warzone and just tend to go with one of my pre-built ones from multiplayer - UAV's and the like don't seem as prevalent so not sure Ghost is as useful (but cold blooded to avoid the thermal scopes is probably good)

I think it was you asking the other night but a lot of guns have a switch to go between single shot and multiple shots (normally either left or right on the d-pad) and you can add burst fire to some of the other guns as a perk if its something you like - the icon is on the bottom right corner of the screen and is either 3 bullets for auto or 1 for single shot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 23:27 
sdg wrote:
Anyone got any good recs for a warzone class? I’ve been using the M4A1 which I like but I think it lacks a bit of power (noticed on kill cam that enemies take fewer bullets to kill me) and it also suffers from a bit too much recoil over long range.

Running Ghost and Cold Blooded, obv. So if there’s a gun that resolves the above while also equipped with a suppressor then even better!

I’ve been really enjoying Plunder and have started to get a bit more confident so played a couple of games of BR solos.

Ghost, cold blooded.

I use the M13, with a 3x, extended mag, ranger grip, the top barrel(the last one you unlock) and silencer.

Or the grau is also a good one. I like the M13 because of the fact it's a laser at range, even though the damage is lower than the grau, but the recoil control is what you're after.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 13:06 
Ready for action

@Pundy I need to try some of the Marksman rifles. I’ve tried rejigging my M4 setup with the Acog and 10 round mags and will see how I get on with that.

@Zaphod UAVs aren’t as common as they are in MP but if you ping on one it immediately draws attention to you (and your team) from any teams that have them so it’s really risky to run without ghost and cold blooded and ideally a silencer as well.
I noticed last night that you can edit classes when choosing your load out. Not as much customisation as when in the lobby but still some available. Last night I changed one of my classes tactical to be a smoke grenade mid game.

I don’t get on with single fire/burst fire ARs, I’d need to practice more. I tried out one of the other ARs last night and immediately ditched it for that reason. I’ll have another look in case it can go full auto.

@Nick I don’t have the Grau yet, I’ve not levelled enough. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 13:53 
8-Bit Champion

sdg wrote:
@Zaphod UAVs aren’t as common as they are in MP but if you ping on one it immediately draws attention to you (and your team) from any teams that have them so it’s really risky to run without ghost and cold blooded and ideally a silencer as well.

Yeah all my classes bar one run with ghost / cold blooded / spotter - i've not played much but i cant actually remember many UAV's in game at all

sdg wrote:
I noticed last night that you can edit classes when choosing your load out. Not as much customisation as when in the lobby but still some available. Last night I changed one of my classes tactical to be a smoke grenade mid game.

You can do that in any game mode - you can also start a game with a new gun - unlock some stuff for it and add it on mid game - it just eats up time

Its also worth pointing out you can swap out your special as well which is useful if you want to switch to a trophy system for example if your playing a game mode or map where you get lots of grenades

sdg wrote:
I don’t get on with single fire/burst fire ARs, I’d need to practice more. I tried out one of the other ARs last night and immediately ditched it for that reason. I’ll have another look in case it can go full auto.

The only burst (by default) AR is the F556 and like all AR's you need to spend time using it to unlock the extended barrels and other attachments - its definitely a good choice if your aiming and not relying on spray and pray

sdg wrote:

I'd need to check but i think the Grau is one of the guns unlocked by doing specific tasks and not by levels - for all of those go to the gunsmith and look at the last item on the list and it will give you the criteria to unlock and how far along you are - for example to get the crossbow i think you need 10 games with at least 3 kills using a sniper and a scout scope

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 13:54 
Ready for action

zaphod79 wrote:
sdg wrote:

Yeah all my classes bar one run with ghost / cold blooded / spotter - i've not played much but i cant actually remember many UAV's in game at all

sdg wrote:

You can do that in any game mode - you can also start a game with a new gun - unlock some stuff for it and add it on mid game - it just eats up time

Its also worth pointing out you can swap out your special as well which is useful if you want to switch to a trophy system for example if your playing a game mode or map where you get lots of grenades

sdg wrote:

The only burst (by default) AR is the F556 and like all AR's you need to spend time using it to unlock the extended barrels and other attachments - its definitely a good choice if your aiming and not relying on spray and pray

sdg wrote:

I'd need to check but i think the Grau is one of the guns unlocked by doing specific tasks and not by levels - for all of those go to the gunsmith and look at the last item on the list and it will give you the criteria to unlock and how far along you are - for example to get the crossbow i think you need 10 games with at least 3 kills using a sniper and a scout scope

I’ll check that later, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 14:05 
8-Bit Champion

FYI

https://www.pcgamesn.com/call-of-duty-m ... -to-unlock

Quote:
How to unlock the Grau 5.56 and Striker 45 in Modern Warfare

To unlock the Grau.56 and Striker 45 in Warzone and Modern Warfare multiplayer you need to complete a weapon challenge for each one.

The Grau 5.56 unlock challenge tasks you with eliminating five players with an assault rifle in a minute, 25 times.

The Striker 45 unlock challenge asks you to kill two players while sliding in 15 different matches.

That’s an almighty grind for the Striker 45, but you should be able to grab the Grau quite easily if you play a few Shipment matches as you don’t have to do this across different matches.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:51 
Ready for action

Season four is downloading. Includes Warzone Rumble, a 50v50 TDM in a region of the Warzone map. You need to drop in though so I’m guessing there will be a lot of infuriating spawn kills!

Also 24/7 scrapyard.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:53 

https://twitter.com/zxsknowsbest/status ... 8389285888

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:01 
8-Bit Champion

32gig for what i assume is the 'first' bit on PS4 downloading now

It also complained that it did not have enough space even though there is 180gb free on the drive because it actually wants double the size of the install files to be available

I have a day 1 ps4 which i swapped out a 2tb drive into but if it was still on the stock disk then i think you could realistically only have this one COD game on it if you ever wanted to update

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:47 
8-Bit Champion

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/ ... gb_update/

Quote:
Actual update size varies between 32-45 GB depending on your system.

PlayStation 4: 32.5GB

Xbox One: 44.4GB

PC (BattleNet): 39.6GB (+5.4GB for paid players)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:49 
UltraMod

I can confirm it’s about 40ish on PC.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:10 
UltraMod

I wouldn’t mind if it downloaded quicker than 185KB/s.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:17 
Bad Girl

You’ll get what you’re bloody given me’lad.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:32 
Rude Belittler

It didn't make me download a bunch of other shit. Colour me yellow and take a picture of my shocked Pikachu face.

Also: Ruskie (/African/Rando Mercenary) mil-sim skins!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 13:04 
Ready for action

Only eight hours to go! :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 13:59 
8-Bit Champion

Mine has finished - started it up to check - and about 3 or 4 'update required' messages then the cutscene and nothing else to download

Battle pass is 1000 cod points and you've got 55 days to finish it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 14:16 
Ready for action

Mine should finish around 8pm/8:30pm tonight if that’s the case. Then we need to transfer it to the other PS4.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:06 
8-Bit Champion

Multiplayer is free this weekend if anyone wanted to try it

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps4xbo ... 06-3483801

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:29 
8-Bit Champion

So a lot of the guns now have extra challenges but some of them are really taking the piss

Attachment:
EaQ1Pd7XQAEpul-.jpg

(if you cant read it - using only 3 attachments on the gun get 5 headshots while sliding)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:39 

zaphod79 wrote:
(if you cant read it - using only 3 attachments on the gun get 5 headshots while sliding)

There comes a point at which these esoteric challenges are actively harmful to the design of a team-based PvP shooter. I don’t want to be playing properly while half my teammates are trying to get 100 knife kills, or only trying to do sliding headshots, or only holding capture points while doing handstands and shooting people with a pistol held in their feet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:57 
8-Bit Champion

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
There comes a point at which these esoteric challenges are actively harmful to the design of a team-based PvP shooter. I don’t want to be playing properly while half my teammates are trying to get 100 knife kills, or only trying to do sliding headshots, or only holding capture points while doing handstands and shooting people with a pistol held in their feet.

Interestingly something like that came up last night

New map (trench) is 3 on 3 and they have tweaked the rules a little so that its easier to take points in Domination / less kills required for Kill confirmed etc

We played a game last night and the other side were only using knives and as you get to hear them when you kill them they would constantly shout out 'knives only' when they died

So a game mode with knifes only is fine but having one team try to enforce that (and one of their team was using guns anyway) is crazy and they obviously have classes setup with knives and shields and their perks all set for that when we did not - so i just stuck with my normal class :-)

Very surreal

The challenges above are obviously meant as some type of 'ultimate' challenge and I dont mind that but yeah I'm not going to be trying to grind out stuff like that during normal games

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 21:30 
8-Bit Champion

Unable to connect for a while and now 'server maintenance' - estimated wait is 9 minutes but its been 9 minutes for at least the last 3 or 4 minutes ....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 21:31 
UltraMod

It keeps kicking me out after trying for ages to fetch online profile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 21:55 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Chonks wrote:
It keeps kicking me out after trying for ages to fetch online profile.

If do get in its supposed to be fine but yeah i ether get that or it gets my profile and when i select anything from the main menu i get error 8192

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 21:56 
UltraMod

We’re in now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 22:58 
UltraMod

Warzone Rumble just one big snipefest. Worthless.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:28 
Rude Belittler

I haven't even bothered with Rumble because I knew it'd be sniper central.

Today the randoms I've been playing against have been the most tedious arses imaginable. Lots of knife twats, RPG gits and Shield knobbers. Also corner camping arseholes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 0:30 
Rude Belittler

The Fennec ( Vector SMG) is pretty fun. Eats ammo though. Top tip: equip a .45 pistol like the X16 with the Fully Loaded perk to increase your ammo pool.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:54 
8-Bit Champion

Attachment:
aEaf9CC9WAAQ65xB.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:05 
UltraMod

@satsuma is no longer on my friends list. We keep deleting and readding each other but it doesn’t work. It’s baffling and annoying.

I get notifications from the iPhone app that he’s online, log on myself and he’s not there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 16:25 
Rude Belittler

Yeah, the way the friends/regiment list works is proper fucked. T

I haven't had an invite from any of you guys in ages. I assume because I'm not showing up as online, and is nothing to do with my horrible personality.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 16:45 
8-Bit Champion

Pundabaya wrote:
I haven't had an invite from any of you guys in ages. I assume because I'm not showing up as online, and is nothing to do with my horrible personality.

:-)

If your on and see me on then send an invite but the whole system is various stages of broken just now and i think it may be a little to do with Season 4 / a little to do with the 'free' weekend that just finished yesterday and a little to do with their broken servers

Yesterday Bobby / Mop / Sat and i were playing Quads - when the game finished Mop was leaving and when he left my system showed *no* one on line in my friends list - even though i knew people were
In the end to join up with bobby i had to go to the dashboard / create a party and invite him in there - then join via the party and not through the game itself

And it does not help that my system really struggles with getting to the dash from in game - it takes minutes to move around a few blocks and it lags terribly to select anything (its the best way Sony have of telling me to get a PS5 :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 19:13 
Bad Girl

1) Myp and I fought the age old battle of mouse vs pad. Myp with his so-called superior KBAM and me on my pad = pad won.

2) I fought Zaphod, known to play these things to the point of obsession, in gunfight and he got his ass handed to him every match he was opposing me.

So I’m the king of CoD now. If you reckon otherwise, 1v1 me bro.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 20:36 
UltraMod

I was better than Zaphod at 2v2 Gunfight, bizarrely.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 20:58 
Rude Belittler

I hate gunfight. You can't get into a groove. It's too stop & start. Same with the other round based jobbies.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 21:10 
Bad Girl

The main MP game is the equivalent of jerking yourself off: you might as well be playing with yourself and bots as you die, respawn, die, respawn, etc until it ends. You just toss yourself off, playing with yourself as you want without any thought for your teammates all to grind that next weapon skin, attachment or level.

Gunfight actually encourages team work, listening, communication, tactics, actually being good with the full arsenal in the game, understanding each guns quirks and having map knowledge.

It’s just the better game mode. Mind you, Warzone is similar.

Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next