Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 16 : Modern Warfare
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:56 
I played through the campaign yesterday. Only took me 5-6 hours. Was a good story with stunning graphics, but felt even shorter than normal.

Tried out some of the spec ops too with a couple of american friends and they're fun, but not easy.

Ground war is a mess though. Total carnage.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 13:09 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

nickachu wrote:
I played through the campaign yesterday. Only took me 5-6 hours. Was a good story with stunning graphics, but felt even shorter than normal.

Tried out some of the spec ops too with a couple of american friends and they're fun, but not easy.

Ground war is a mess though. Total carnage.

Ground war seems like a copy of the big battle mode stuff from the last Battlefield rather than something that works for COD - its almost a 100player Domination but i've never really had a match that works and with teams that size I never feel like I'm really making much difference to the overall score or the game itself.

If you have not already you should go into the multiplayer / regiment section and add the other people on there - and if i see you online i'll send you an invite - cross play works fine but we lose out on the team chat side from PSN , however since we're often full or close to full teams i dont think it makes that much difference other than the extra 'noise' in the lobby.

Oh and there are other single player challenges in the multiplayer section - to me they feel a bit like the older spec ops stuff that was in MW3 , there are a few different options :

You vs an army as they throw in more and more resources
You as a Juggernaut against their army
Target shooting practice (like the gun range in MW1)
Driving games
Movement challenges (using the terrain to get between two points in as short a time as possible without touching the ground)

I think you need 'tickets' to run them but you'll get some free and it throws them at you as you play the game anyway

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 13:48 
I should be part of the regiment. I saw that bobby, riles and curio were online last night, but not in game it looked like.

Yeah the chat is annoying, Although when running with randos in warzone or in spec ops it's worth having it on, even though the people I've been playing with talk through discord.

I'll have a look at the other multiplayer things, haven't really had much time as all I did was the campaign and a few multiplayer rounds and spec ops.

I'm liking the M4 and the Grau though, I think those are the guns I've leveled up the most. Can't seem to get along with the famas though as I've never been a fan of burst rifles.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 14:15 
Rude Belittler

I also went and bought it. The campaign was good, I liked the House Clearing level and the sniping level the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 14:22 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
I'm liking the M4 and the Grau though, I think those are the guns I've leveled up the most. Can't seem to get along with the famas though as I've never been a fan of burst rifles.

I think the only normal burst shot AR is the F556 , however you can unlock perks to add burst fire to a lot of them over time.
The M4 and the M13 (?) are the two easiest to pick up AR's and a lot of the SMGs are good as well at the beginning , however for every gun once you unlock extended barrels (longer range) , Laser sights (better accuracy) , and other stuff they get better and better.

At the start you may be just as good scavenging the stuff you find because they will all have attachments on there that you'd not get till later - speaking of which keep an eye on the blurprints tab which will give you a gun with a set of attachments regardless of what level you are so you can get quick access to some things without having to unlock.

nickachu wrote:
I saw that bobby, riles and curio were online last night, but not in game it looked like.

Last night we were all on and in game - the online and activity indicators seemed to work fine at the start but you do sometimes now find that your sitting in a lobby with them and if you look at their status they show as offline - so dont rely on them 100%

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 14:23 
[quote="zaphod79"]
I think the only normal burst shot AR is the F556 , however you can unlock perks to add burst fire to a lot of them over time.
The M4 and the M13 (?) are the two easiest to pick up AR's and a lot of the SMGs are good as well at the beginning , however for every gun once you unlock extended barrels (longer range) , Laser sights (better accuracy) , and other stuff they get better and better.

At the start you may be just as good scavenging the stuff you find because they will all have attachments on there that you'd not get till later - speaking of which keep an eye on the blurprints tab which will give you a gun with a set of attachments regardless of what level you are so you can get quick access to some things without having to unlock.

Well I've played a fair amount of Warzone, so I've got the M4 to level 35 or so, the Grau to about 29, the scar to about 20, the MP5 to 25 or so, and the M13 to nearly 40 I think. So I've got some loadouts that work for me. Think I'm into the 90s in rank so far.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 14:32 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
Well I've played a fair amount of Warzone, so I've got the M4 to level 35 or so, the Grau to about 29, the scar to about 20, the MP5 to 25 or so, and the M13 to nearly 40 I think. So I've got some loadouts that work for me. Think I'm into the 90s in rank so far.

Gun unlocks remain but your overall rank will reset back to 55 tomorrow (at the end of the season) and then you can climb again up to 155 for the next season

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 14:33 
zaphod79 wrote:
nickachu wrote:

Gun unlocks remain but your overall rank will reset back to 55 tomorrow (at the end of the season) and then you can climb again up to 155 for the next season

Ah good to know!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 15:17 
Rude Belittler

I like the M4A1 and the double-barrel shotgun so far in 'proper' multiplayer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 15:49 
8-Bit Champion

Pundabaya wrote:
I like the M4A1 and the double-barrel shotgun so far in 'proper' multiplayer.

Most of the shotguns are good - the double barrel is basically a shoot without pointing kill at low range early in the game , and you extend that with some of the attachments
There is an extra shotgun to unlock that will be at the bottom of the list which is also one of the best - you need to do X number of games getting 7 kills using a shotgun so keep an eye on that and switch over when you've unlocked it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 15:52 
zaphod79 wrote:

Last night we were all on and in game - the online and activity indicators seemed to work fine at the start but you do sometimes now find that your sitting in a lobby with them and if you look at their status they show as offline - so dont rely on them 100%

One thing I can think of is it might have been as I was on US servers. Might mean can't join possibly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 20:20 
Rude Belittler

Today I've been runing the M2 carbine and boomstick in an overkill setup. It's been fun, carbine for long distances and shotty for close in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 20:35 
Sleepyhead

I just need to get like 40 more long shot kills to unlock the gold double barrel shotgun, so I am currently running it with all the perks that increase range. It is a proper weird experience. Sometimes you miss or do a little damage, other times you just kill them from miles out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:59 
8-Bit Champion

11 gig download today for Season 3 on PS4 - if your system does not pick these up itself very well you may want to turn it on earlier to download

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:20 
zaphod79 wrote:
11 gig download today for Season 3 on PS4 - if your system does not pick these up itself very well you may want to turn it on earlier to download

It's nearly 16gb on the PC, dunno why my updates are always bigger than yours.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:28 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

It's nearly 16gb on the PC, dunno why my updates are always bigger than yours.

There may be more than the 11gig that's just the first bit - in the switch over from preseason to season 1 there was a big download and as soon as you started the game up another download started

The PS4 tends to separate out the co-op play parts so I'd not be surprised if there is another download after this but it would not be required to get into either the multiplayer or Warzone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 13:06 
Rude Belittler

ooh, backlot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 13:44 
I've had crash, backlot and vacant now. Are they any other old maps? (barring shipment and rust)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 14:25 
8-Bit Champion

Nope - Hardhat is 'coming soon' and obviously Backlot was only added today

https://www.gamesatlas.com/cod-modern-warfare/maps/

Quote:
Aniyah Incursion
Aniyah Palace
Arklov Peak
Atlas Superstore
Atlas Superstore
Azhir Cave
Crash
Euphrates Bridge
Grazna Raid
Gun Runner
Hackney Yard
Hardhat
Hovec Sawmill
Khandor Hideout
Piccadilly
Rammaza
Rust
Shipment
Shoot House
St. Petrograd
Talisk Backlot
Vacant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 15:07 
8-Bit Champion

And just checked - no other downloads for me - just the 11gig patch - new unskippable cutscene and yes unlocking this seasons battle pass is 1000 cod points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 15:07 
The cutscene was alrite though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 15:26 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
The cutscene was alrite though.

Its fine - and will probably shock Bobby again when he realizes there's a ladder :-)

For previous patches every so often it seems to have a bit of a blip and will force you to rewatch it (unskippable) again and it does get annoying :-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 20:31 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Automatic 3D Bobby

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 0:55 
Rude Belittler

I have to say, the automatic enemy callouts are very confusing. I mean restaurant? tram station? Why can't they use sensible callouts like "Enemy at Flat Ramp" or "Enemy at Steve" or "Enemy at Granny's House"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:49 
I miss Granny's house.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 13:20 
8-Bit Champion

The call outs are more annoying because they often dont make sense - enemy at the rug shop / enemy at the electronics store or the classic "enemy at the shipping containers" when your playing Shipment !

On the cave map you also get 'enemy at the chickens' and everytime Bobby hears it he goes and kills the chickens to see if it will change it to dead chickens or if it will just stop calling it out :-)

For some maps you can learn where they are - and if you look at the top of the screen near the compass there is a single text line that tells you what the definition is for your current location - so you can see 'Tram Station' or 'Rug Shop' there

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 13:23 
8-Bit Champion

More freebies

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/statu ... 2746641408

Quote:
- Epic Operator Skin for Wyatt
- Epic Sniper Rifle Blueprint
- Epic Pistol Blueprint
- Epic Tactical Knife
- Epic Weapon Charm
- Epic Animated Calling Card
- Rare Spray
- 60-minute 2x Weapon XP Token

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 14:09 
Unpossible!

nickachu wrote:
I miss Granny's house.

Don't mess up Granny's Garden!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:50 
Rude Belittler

Guess who learned you can "double sprint" by double clicking the left stick in, like yesterday, after a full week of play? That's right, me!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 17:23 
8-Bit Champion

Wait till you realize if you sprint and hit the duck button you slide along the floor !
(in older games you could dolphin dive which i always preferred)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 20:41 
After todays update I've been getting crazy lag.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 22:38 
8-Bit Champion

Riles : https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... 1#p1042781

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 19:50 
Rude Belittler

Double XP weekend!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 22:19 
8-Bit Champion

So 11 gig download that after you download , copy , install , relaunch , relaunch again because it needs an update locks out most of the modes until you download another 18 gig patch :-(

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 22:03 
8-Bit Champion

Current game mode has 10v10 on shipment and its chaotic and can be fun if your in the right mood

This was one of my games - i may have went a little overboard with the scoring at the expensive of killing people but it worked ;-)

https://twitter.com/Zaphod79/status/1258870806064640001

Also this is a great playlist if you need to finish any camo for a gun my getting kills without any attachments - i've done all the shotguns except one for that

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 21:46 
8-Bit Champion

All your disks belong to COD

Attachment:
EX7LykxX0AAX2di.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:01 
Hopefully they'll optimise it at some point. But, they probably won't.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:03 
UltraMod

Doxxed yourself there, buddy.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:14 
Bad Girl

Might want to blank out your name from the photo, if you’re bothered about that sort of stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:31 
UltraMod

Satsuma wrote:
Might want to blank out your name from the photo, if you’re bothered about that sort of stuff.

If only someone had already mentioned it

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 13:42 
8-Bit Champion

Thanks - I'll edit :-)

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 13:46 
8-Bit Champion

And as for my mic no longer working - there are some other posts on places about the last update breaking non sony headsets

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/g ... d_working/

https://www.reddit.com/r/remoteplay/com ... ted_crash/ (I'll try the suggestion on this one today and see if that makes any difference - yes i know its for remote play but the timing of it roughly matches)

I've tried a few different headsets and my very old apple headphones mic works but the headphones themselves are rubbish - so it may just be something that sony changes again and it will suddenly work

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 13:56 
Bad Girl

Mr Chonks wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

If only someone had already mentioned it

Don’t worry, I’ve told him now.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 19:49 
8-Bit Champion

21gb patch today

Patch notes here : https://tracker.gg/modern-warfare/artic ... tes-may-18

Hardhat (the building site one from .... Mw3?) has been added

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 20:01 
zaphod79 wrote:
21gb patch today

Patch notes here : https://tracker.gg/modern-warfare/artic ... tes-may-18

Hardhat (the building site one from .... Mw3?) has been added

There's a fun tiny map playlist, called Clean up on Aisle 9. It's 3v3 moshpit inside a superstore, but like a tiny part of it. Good fun and good for leveling guns.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 21:00 
Also there's a weird glitch where if I hover over anyone in the regiments name it just throws me back to the menu. So can't even see if anyone is online, had a look at my ps4 and a couple of you are online, in the game, but on PC it says you're offline for some reason.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 21:44 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
There's a fun tiny map playlist, called Clean up on Aisle 9. It's 3v3 moshpit inside a superstore, but like a tiny part of it. Good fun and good for leveling guns.

I like that they have re ballanced the scoring for it as well - domination is first to 100 / kill confirmed is first to 40

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 22:21 
Yeah it's quite fun. Although sometimes the spawns are poorly done. Spawned into someones already fired bullets before

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 22:22 
Also it's not letting me join/invite either you or Riles, Have you turned off crossplay?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 22:42 
UltraMod

My download of the main game keeps stopping. This evening I’ve downloaded 10GB of the 85GB required. I stupidly thought the 95GB I downloaded for Warzone contained the entire game.

Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next