Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1013 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's Everyone Playing?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:57 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Last night I started playing Tarzan on the N64. It's been one that's had me curious for a while as it seems like quite a simple 2.5D platformer... Nothing too taxing.

So far, Tarzan seems intent on killing as much of the wildlife as possible by throwing fruit or stabbing them with a knife.

I'm not that familiar with the story, but this does seem very unlike something the King of the jungle would do.

Also.. I'm playing this with my N64 everdrive clone which is absolutely ace.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:12 
Comfortably Dumb

It's odd that the actual cartridge of Tarzan seems to be in such short supply. For boxed PAL copies, there's precisely one on ebay at the moment (at £199.99) and none that have sold recently.

I'm struggling to get into new games at the moment so I'm still plugging away at:

Rocket League - the matchmaking seems to be pretty poor lately; I keep getting thrown into greatly mismatched games or end up with two bots on my team from the off
Binding of Isaac - still trying to unlock the Lost character after hours and hours of gameplay. In theory it should be easy: find Isaac's 'Missing' poster and while holding it, kill yourself in the sacrifice room (bit dark, even by the game's standards), but because there are so many items in the game, I haven't seen the poster drop in such a long time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 15:02 

Satisfactory (PC/Epic): I got over the mid-game grind I grumbled about a few weeks back and am now into a bit more of a groove with it. I have a small automation cycle going for computers and heavy module frames, which I need to build out further so I can take on the third level of the space elevator. I built my first trainline, which I'm using to get quartz back to my main factory. And now I'm building out my first fuel generator plant as my entire factory is currently plagued by brownouts.

Doom Eternal (PC/Steam): this is a really interesting game that has taken some quite bold decisions, in my opinion. It's taken the most shooter-atypical ingredients of Doom (2016) - the extreme mobility, the resource management, the crucial second-by-second tactical choices - and quadrupled down on them. And it still maintains an almost fighting-game like reliance on you learning enemy animation patterns, AI routines, and weak spots so you can stay one step ahead of them.

Just like 2016, it's breathtakingly fast; but now you have a lot more to manage in the heat of the moment. You have multiple weapons -- each with two modes they can be toggled between. You have multiple items used to get different resources from enemies (stagger them for a kill animation and you get health; chainsaw them and you get ammo; use your flame thrower on them and you get armour.) You need to keep track of these resources throughout each fight, and juggle weapons according to whichever type of enemy you are facing and whatever you have ammo for right now. And you're earning upgrades across weapon modes, weapon stats, your armour stats, and bespoke buffs across armour stats and runes.

It's a lot, in other words. There are moments in the first few hours where it was a little too much for me - I wouldn't have minded if the game was a bit slower to introduce new mechanics. But I guess frantic forward momentum is the order of the day here, both within each fight and in the game at large.

Still, though, it did click for me. And when it clicks, it's glorious. You find your fingers racing ahead of your brain, you round a corner to find some combination of enemies and by the time you've consciously realised exactly what weapon combination you need you find you've already selected it. It's ultra satisfying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 15:27 
Esoteric

Yeah it definitely throws you right on in. I played for an hour or so. Just downloading it onto my home PC now. Need to get it set up for folding today too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 13:29 
Bad Girl

I’ve been playing Code Vein which has been dubbed Anime-Souls. It’s certainly got all the anime staples: big tits, boring and slow dialogue, big tits, characters that spout nonsense, big tits, overly sentimental crap no one gives two shits about etc. Oh and it’s a tit slider so you can adjust how big your tits are from circus balloons to gravity defying meteorites.

The Souls-like gameplay is here: slow heavy combat, parry, stagger, poison, infusing weapons, a ton of arms and armour. The combat is alright too and it has its difficult moments with some cunty bosses and cunty enemies. Everything is massive too so giant enemies that swing humongous axes that hit you through walls 50 yards away. The weapons are giant too and one of your starter weapons is literally a 3 tonne block of concrete on a metal pipe.

What it’s got to differentiate itself is a coop partner constantly following you around and an elaboration of Dark Souls special moves but this time you’ve got up to 8 of them depending on a class you can change at will and on the fly. There’s classes for fighting, ranged combat (with guns and shit), magic and all that shit. It’s a pretty good system that’s flexible for loads of fighting styles. Much more interesting than block, light attack and heavy attack.

What it doesn’t do is:

the environments are a bland anime affair- with destroyed cities and stuff jutting out of them. The geometry is basic and there’s loads of flat textures. It ain’t much of a looker, certainly nowhere near the quality of Fromsofts games, but they do suit the anime look it’s going for. They’re just a little disappointing. One level that I’m currently working through nicks a load of Anor Londo’s look but manages to just be a fairly dull maze of identical looking platforms and turrets. That’s another thing, the levels haven’t got From’s sense of place and style. There’s very little backtracking or looping levels and finding that secret door that links previous bonfires and all that guff. The levels are mostly linear with a few spidery legs or larger environments much like DS3’s Farron Keep but without the stupid poison lake crap. There’s enough to keep you on your toes though.

The UI is bollocks though. Dark Souls’ little pictures of items replaced by abstract white symbols for every fucking thing. They might have been going for something cool looking but it ended up looking cheap and makes navigating the menus unnecessarily difficult. All the things look the same which is stupid.

So, it’s a pretty fun DS-style game but not very pretty. The Surge and it’s sequel was a better Dark Souls game and probably more fun than this. Still, I’m only about half way through so I’ll see how it goes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:59 
Master of dodgy spelling....

I tried Fortnite.. it is very fun and silly for a Battle Royal game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:16 
ugvm'er at heart...

I'm back playing Battlefield V on the PS4 of an evening, if anyone else has it and fancies a game sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:19 
Best
Board Mother

I'd love some Bezzie action, but I'm no good at this type of game. :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:20 
Best
Board Mother

Ooh, did we ever find another site we could play poker on?

Any thoughts on Mafia too?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:53 
ugvm'er at heart...

I'd be up for a mafia game, but as a participant. I'm running an Awesome Island game for work at the moment, followed by a mafia game for them. Not sure I can do 2 games in parallel :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:00 
Comfortably Dumb

After recommending Wordament in the Android thread, reinstalling it and discovering that they'd added lots of single player puzzles, that's been sucking up a lot of my mobile gaming time lately. Each map has 80 levels and there are 36 maps, so I'm currently 270 levels into a 2,880 level game. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:00 
Can you dig it?

Journey, pretty old now but new to me, and it was neato. I didn't realise that the other characters were
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
actually other players and not NPCs until the end
I was a good evening entertainment for the price of a cold beer and I enjoyed it but I do regret pausing right near the end to go and load the dishwasher and put it on, really shattered the immersion :belm:

I hadn't played Shadow of the Colossus before, so that's what I'm diving into now... It's gorgeously presented and very stylish and atmospheric (although boy do those PS2 era menus feel dated). I do feel like a bit of a jerk for annoying and then killing the big old beasts, and I think that's one of the points the makers meant for. It doesn't feel like this will be a long game though, I thought it was going to be a huge open world but it isn', and that's OK for me, a short focussed game would be nice right now.

I feel like I've played quite a few 'lonely' style games with a kind of maudlin atmosphere recently so after SotC I think I'll look for something vibrant and fun.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 17:10 

I bought an Oculus Quest!

Half-Life: Alyx (PC/VR): oh gosh. It's a real, genuine, full blown Half-Life game. And it's so very, very good. 

That's been most of my gaming time (even Doom Eternal hasn't managed to turn my head) but I did get some native Quest games to try those out. Beat Sabre remains one of my favourite VR titles (I am a huge fan of rhythm action games), and playing it without any sort of trailing cable is magical. I've also completed a chunk of The Room VR am I am having a great time with that. The Room's physics-based puzzles and creepy atmosphere are both good fits for VR. The bits where you shrink your viewpoint down to go inside some object are amazing.

On a quest for couch-op to pass by quarantine, Mrs Doc and I tried Wilmot's Warehouse (Switch), which is very good but a bit more stressful than we were ideally looking for. So we moved on to Good Job (also Switch), which is just the sort of light, amusing game we want. It's an isometric physics-based puzzler tinged with QWOP everything-is-difficult overtones where you try to complete simple-sounding tasks in an office environment without smashing the place up beyond recognition. Hijinks ensue. Trailer here

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 20:24 
Excellent Member

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I've also completed a chunk of The Room VR am I am having a great time with that. The Room's physics-based puzzles and creepy atmosphere are both good fits for VR. The bits where you shrink your viewpoint down to go inside some object are amazing.

Glad to hear someone else is enjoying this. :) I also called out the shrinking bits as awesome in my post about it here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 22:44 
Bad Girl

Just started Ori & The Will of the Wisps.

Good god, it’s a beautiful platformer. The original was a beaut and this one cranks it up slightly. It was also a great metroidvania and very enjoyable. This one looks to be about the same but with ... um, boss fights? Because that’s what people wanted instead of the challenging boss chases, apparently (the boss chases were great, by the way. You got a new move or two and then the chases were where you put your skills to the test). I’ve only been playing for a couple of hours and it’s already showed it’s hand with the boss fights and I can instantly tell it was a bad idea. You fight a wolf which is beautifully animated but is a mess to fight. It’s actually a really simplistic fight but there’s too much visually going on to tell what’s happening and where your little fella is (fnaar). I died a couple of times and just brute forced a win by pounding attack. It didn’t feel good at all especially since the original was all about precise platform action.

I’m kinda hoping there won’t be many bosses. Anyway, the jumping about stuff is pretty fun so far. More of the same but I’ve got the double jump almost immediately so I’m hoping that’s a sign it will be cranking up the challenge from the original rather than retread the same ground.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:20 

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I bought an Oculus Quest!

Half-Life: Alyx (PC/VR): oh gosh. It's a real, genuine, full blown Half-Life game. And it's so very, very good. 

Is this a viable way of playing H-L:A then? I'm pretty ignorant about VR (and current PC gaming hardware), but I love Half-Life, and have definite FOMO. The Oculus Quest seems to be either a standalone VR set, or PC-tethered. I'm guessing it needs to be used as the latter for H-L:A? Do you need a beefy PC/graphics card?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:29 
UltraMod

[quote="devilman”]Rocket League - the matchmaking seems to be pretty poor lately; I keep getting thrown into greatly mismatched games or end up with two bots on my team from the off[/quote]
I would strongly consider competitive playlists as they match you a lot better skill-wise and don’t allow bots.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:33 

Nik wrote:
Is this a viable way of playing H-L:A then?
Yes.

Quote:
The Oculus Quest seems to be either a standalone VR set, or PC-tethered.
Yes. Quest Link is a beta part of the Oculus software stack that tethers the headset to the PC via a USB3 connection. It sends the headset and controller information back the PC, and it sends a compressed video stream from the PC down to the headset. The compression is very good and most people agree you can barely notice it. I haven't noticed it at all.

What is more troublesome is that this is very definitely beta software and it's far from flawless. When it works -- which is most of the time -- it works great. When it doesn't work, I've had texture pop-in, random stuttering, or it simply refusing to start up. Rebooting the PC and the headset has always fixed this. I don't mind - it is clearly marked as beta, I knew what I was getting into, and it hasn't broken often enough to annoy me.

Quote:
I'm guessing it needs to be used as the latter for H-L:A?
Correct. Without the Quest Link tethering, playing games natively on the Quest, you're using an Android stack with about the same horsepower as a smartphone. It's perfectly viable but nowhere near powerful enough for Half-Life. On the other hand, you have no cables at all, which is nice.

Something to note about the Quest compared to other PC VR headsets is that it's a little bit less comfortable. It has a fairly beefy battery in, which makes it heavy - and worse, front-heavy. In turn that means you need to cinch the straps up a bit tighter to stop it wobbling. It's not a deal breaker but it is something to be aware of. I was happy with the tradeoff.

Quote:
Do you need a beefy PC/graphics card?
Yes. I am running it on a six-core i7 with an RTX 2070 Super, and the game quite stridently tells me I shouldn't go above High quality.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:45 

Thanks Doc - appreciate the comprehensive answers. :kiss:

I'm in an odd position whereby I've just spent all my spare money (and then some) on a fancy MacBook, which is obviously not a gaming PC, so can't really justify spending thousands on a new PC for (specifically) one game.

However, I'm now wondering if I could get away with actually running it on said MacBook: https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/comm ... _inch_mbp/
(Mine is slightly higher specced than that thread poster's, being 2.4GHz CPU and 64GB RAM.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:47 
Comfortably Dumb

Mr Chonks wrote:
devilman wrote:
Rocket League - the matchmaking seems to be pretty poor lately; I keep getting thrown into greatly mismatched games or end up with two bots on my team from the off

I would strongly consider competitive playlists as they match you a lot better skill-wise and don’t allow bots.

I might have to give that a go. I like the idea of the Casual mode as I don't take the game as seriously as lots seem to, but it's a frustrating experience at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:56 
UltraMod

devilman wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
devilman wrote:

I might have to give that a go. I like the idea of the Casual mode as I don't take the game as seriously as lots seem to, but it's a frustrating experience at the moment.

Casual effectively only means you can drop in and out and doesn’t have any ranks attached. If people dropping out is annoying then I would make the switch. There is still MMR attached to casual games anyway, so people for some reason care about that.

Also consider downloading Bakkesmod to help with practice and to block any chat after kickoff, anonymise players and show MMR if you’re interested in any of those things.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:31 
Prince of Fops

I started MGS V last week. I got to about mission 6 (something to do with bees) and then realised I couldn't be bothered with stealth. I don't have the time to scope out a massive encampment then work out how to pick off the myriad soldiers. I'm just too crap at the stealth side of things, lacking both skill and patience.

So that went on the discard pile.

Then I had a go at Dreams - I've done lots of the tutorials, but it's still much too much like work at this point. Don't know if I have the mental capacity to break through the learning curve at this point, with work and childcare. It's mighty impressive, for those with the time and patience however.

So I fired up Uncharted 3, which might be just the salve I'm looking for. Fun, linear adventure and spectacle that I don't need to think too much about.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:41 

Yeah, Dreams looks amazing but it's clearly something that would take more time than I'd be prepared to put in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:53 
Prince of Fops

markg wrote:
Yeah, Dreams looks amazing but it's clearly something that would take more time than I'd be prepared to put in.

Definitely. The tools they put at your disposal are pretty remarkable, and the fact they've made it work through a PS4 controller is a miracle. But yeah, not for me at the mo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:56 
Prince of Fops

Arguably there should be a Beex kickstarter to get Zardoz or Dimrill on it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:56 
Can you dig it?

Shadow of the Colossus is a weird mixture of boredom and excitement for me. I kinda just want to get it finished quickly so I can move on but I can't really be bothered to do more than one or two colossi each play session so it feels like it's dragging a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:09 
Awesome
Yes

Sir Taxalot wrote:
Shadow of the Colossus is a weird mixture of boredom and excitement for me. I kinda just want to get it finished quickly so I can move on but I can't really be bothered to do more than one or two colossi each play session so it feels like it's dragging a bit.

Try spending a session hunting lizards or fruit instead?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 0:14 
Bad Girl

Satsuma wrote:

Good god, it’s a beautiful platformer. The original was a beaut and this one cranks it up slightly. It was also a great metroidvania and very enjoyable. This one looks to be about the same but with ... um, boss fights? Because that’s what people wanted instead of the challenging boss chases, apparently (the boss chases were great, by the way. You got a new move or two and then the chases were where you put your skills to the test). I’ve only been playing for a couple of hours and it’s already showed it’s hand with the boss fights and I can instantly tell it was a bad idea. You fight a wolf which is beautifully animated but is a mess to fight. It’s actually a really simplistic fight but there’s too much visually going on to tell what’s happening and where your little fella is (fnaar). I died a couple of times and just brute forced a win by pounding attack. It didn’t feel good at all especially since the original was all about precise platform action.

I’m kinda hoping there won’t be many bosses. Anyway, the jumping about stuff is pretty fun so far. More of the same but I’ve got the double jump almost immediately so I’m hoping that’s a sign it will be cranking up the challenge from the original rather than retread the same ground.

I’ve changed my mind about this. I love it.

It’s a fantastic platformer with a fantastic aesthetic and atmosphere (it’s kind of a mix between something Playdead would make mixed with those terrific mobile games with the black furry blobs that was all the rage many many years ago and I really enjoyed). And it’s fucking hard too. Nails hard. I’ve died a whole bunch through some difficult platforming action that’s isn’t as punishing as Super Meat Boy but has that same feel to it. Thankfully it’s eschewed that silly “make your own checkpoint” of the original to just having loads of checkpoints so you’re often just yards from the start of a difficult section. All the platforming is just awesome and makes you feel like a boss when you get a string together a decent run.

Even the combats grown on me. But there’s too many particle effects going on and you can lose your tiny guy in a pinch. I’ve done the first proper boss and it was easy enough to learn the moveset. It looked like there might be a second boss but it turned into a platforming rush which was loads better. And it looked fucking stunning too.

And good god, the music. It’s another world level of awesome. Just beautiful stunning stuff that enhances the mood immeasurably. I’ll have to figure out who does the music because it’s Outstanding.

And it’s on GamePass! Gotta say, I wish I’d have started this earlier. An Xbox EXCLUSIVE that’s actually worth shouting about, who knew!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 0:46 
Paws for thought

Satsuma wrote:
An Xbox EXCLUSIVE that’s actually worth shouting about, who knew!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1057 ... the_Wisps/

???

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:36 
UltraMod

Mr Dave wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
An Xbox EXCLUSIVE that’s actually worth shouting about, who knew!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1057 ... the_Wisps/

???

Code compilers aren’t for games, silly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:49 
Bad Girl

Console exclusive. No one gives a toss about you PC plebs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:57 

Does it have Kenneth Williams in it?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:28 
Skillmeister

It's also on PC in Game Pass. I must get around to playing it, but there's animals to be crossed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:34 
UltraMod

Dimrill wrote:
It's also on PC in Game Pass. I must get around to playing it, but there's animals to be crossed.

No one gives a toss about you, apparently.

Because consoles are superior, said the 12-year-old boy in an old man’s body

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:40 
Bad Girl

Mr Chonks wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Why are you trying to play real games on your typewriter?

Because he’s a superior gamer, not a console plebeian like Chortily.

Don’t feel bad, your body isn’t that old.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:44 
UltraMod

Satsuma wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Why are you trying to play real games on your typewriter?

Because he’s a superior gamer, not a console plebeian like Chortily.

Don’t feel bad, your body isn’t that old.

Only gutter press dig through old posts online and selectively quote them out of context to further their agenda

You should feel bad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 
Bad Girl

Mr Chonks wrote:
Or buy a new PC, Valve Index and in the process become a superior gamer

*yawn*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:09 
UltraMod

Take a nap if you’re tired, lil buddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 15:17 
Noob as of 6/8/10

I'm playing Co Op Till Rebuild. I always win, but as a game, it's rubbish.

Attachment:
20200412_151537.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 23:21 
Bad Girl

Satsuma wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

It’s a fantastic platformer with a fantastic aesthetic and atmosphere (it’s kind of a mix between something Playdead would make mixed with those terrific mobile games with the black furry blobs that was all the rage many many years ago and I really enjoyed). And it’s fucking hard too. Nails hard. I’ve died a whole bunch through some difficult platforming action that’s isn’t as punishing as Super Meat Boy but has that same feel to it. Thankfully it’s eschewed that silly “make your own checkpoint” of the original to just having loads of checkpoints so you’re often just yards from the start of a difficult section. All the platforming is just awesome and makes you feel like a boss when you get a string together a decent run.

Even the combats grown on me. But there’s too many particle effects going on and you can lose your tiny guy in a pinch. I’ve done the first proper boss and it was easy enough to learn the moveset. It looked like there might be a second boss but it turned into a platforming rush which was loads better. And it looked fucking stunning too.

And good god, the music. It’s another world level of awesome. Just beautiful stunning stuff that enhances the mood immeasurably. I’ll have to figure out who does the music because it’s Outstanding.

And it’s on GamePass! Gotta say, I wish I’d have started this earlier. An Xbox EXCLUSIVE that’s actually worth shouting about, who knew!

Epic Spider fight was fucking epic. Tough as fuck. Took me two hours over two days. Thank fuck it’s over though.

Man, that music though: Gorgeous.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:04 
Can you dig it?

Mr Russell wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:

Try spending a session hunting lizards or fruit instead?

Bleh, didn't even realise that was a thing to do. I kind of want to just get it over with rather than spend more time in this world.

Although, I got to the last Colossus last night - it certainly felt epic. Didn't beat him though, I foolishly fell off and died when he had but a sliver of health left, and I was too tired to start it all again. I'll beat him tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 20:10 
Bad Girl

Satsuma wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

Epic Spider fight was fucking epic. Tough as fuck. Took me two hours over two days. Thank fuck it’s over though.

Man, that music though: Gorgeous.

Man, this game is so fucking great. The tone is right in that sweet spot of beautiful misery that I love. The story isn’t complex but the animation is so gorgeous that when people die it gets you right in the feels. There’s one character that you meet a couple of times that gets puppet-mastered and it’s so painfully grotesque you can’t help feel for the poor bastard.

And once you get a load of abilities unlocked the movement system is so fluid and tight that you can’t help feel like a boss. It does metroidvania just right as you’re so initially restricted but as your moveset increases you’re bouncing through previously difficult sections like they ain’t shit.

The only downside that I can see so far, is that it’s probably more linear than the original game and it feels like there is a definite path through the main quest. Still, there are tons of reasons to return to previous areas to pick up stuff that you’ve missed when you’ve been underpowered if you want or just get that 100% completion.

Yeah, it’s lovely and special this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:23 
Can you dig it?

Wipeout Omega Collection reminds me how fun futuro-racing can be, especially as I haven't played a wipeout game for many many years. The 'zone' races, where it feels like the track is inside a giant neon graphic equaliser, are really cool.

It's a blast, fast and fun, looks good and the soundtrack is banging. I don't much care for the weapons though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:18 

Spider-Man on the PS4.

What a great game this. Very Assassins creed with a Spider-Man skin.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:19 
Excellent Member

KovacsC wrote:
Very Batman Arkham with a Spider-Man skin.

Fixed that for you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:23 
Hibernating Druid

Dead Cells - Beautiful Roguevania game bought to fill the hole left after finishing Rogue Legacy. Really enjoying it so far. The gameplay is fluid with satisfying combat, artwork and animation are beautifully done. Loads of nice touches.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:32 
Awesome
Yes

I have continued playing Uncharted.

It’s seems to have gone a bit more shooty shooty and I keep using up all my ammo so having to go over and punch people instead.

Glad I put it on easy mode as I keep dying a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:43 
UltraMod

I am slowly grinding my way through Uncharted 2 and I’m glad the train level is over. It’s pretty much the first game with bigger set pieces and not as interesting.

I got Hitman 2 in the Humble Monthly Bundle so finally started playing the first game’s levels in the new engine as I never got around to it. I basically spent 9 hours doing all the challenges in the two training missions – much like MGS Ground Zeroes I seem to find myself addicted to playing the same level over and over doing it in different ways.

I’ve just moved onto the Paris level and it’s huge and sprawling. I can see these two games taking me years to finish.

I haven’t had the energy or mental capacity for Half-Life: Alyx over the last week or so but am hoping to pick that up again soon as it’s incredible.

Still grinding away at Rocket League – taken my solo 3s rank from Silver II to Gold II in the last few weeks. Lost my Diamond I in regular 3s and Platinum I in 2s but I’m sure I can get them back. Had fun in Dropshot for a while too and placed in Platinum II Division 4.

MP-wise played CoD Warzone with Sat and that’s very good. Completed Halo: Reach 4 player and it was worse than I remember. Should still be fun on Legendary though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:58 

Bamba wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Very Batman Arkham with a Spider-Man skin.

Fixed that for you.

I was right.. did not need fixing.. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:07 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Super Star Wars on the SNES... It's not very good once you get past the novelty of it being a Star Wars game.

Reply to topic  [ 1013 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next