Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Animal Crossing Switch
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 15:02 
Comfortably Dumb

Mimi wrote:
No problem, I’ve added the code now :)

DM, I took that fossil, thank you! Also one of the cherries! I was wondering how/where you got those lovely flowers from, near your airport?

If you mean the tulips, I dug them up from one of my flights out. I realised that picking flowers is different to digging them up and if you dig them up, you can replant them, so I nabbed some. Unless you mean the ones from the seeds sold at the shop?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 15:06 

Not tulips. Hyacinths and something else. I did t realise that shops sold anything other than pansy/tulip/windflower seeds. D’oh!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 15:09 

Well... I regret to inform you that I must report Shelley’s first CRIME.

I went to visit DM and took a little selfie while he wasn’t looking. When I got back home I was thinking about where he was sat on his bench and I realised that MY BENCH IS MISSING.

I don’t think you can pick up/place items in the plaza, so I don’t know why it has gone! Has everyone else still got their benches?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 15:21 
Comfortably Dumb

I wonder if maybe something will be appearing in its place in due course? You're ahead of me in terms of progress, so that might be why I still have the bench.

Just to let you know that on the first post of this thread, Miki's friend code is missing the 8 off the end. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 15:23 
sneering elitist

My sister's bench has disappeared Mimi, something about the residential services tent being replaced? I think you and she are on the same timeline (and I'm a day behind).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 15:51 

devilman wrote:
I wonder if maybe something will be appearing in its place in due course? You're ahead of me in terms of progress, so that might be why I still have the bench.

Just to let you know that on the first post of this thread, Miki's friend code is missing the 8 off the end. :)

Doh, sorry!

I’ve not had any word from resident services yet. I’m still waiting in my third new resident, but hopefully Nook will have some news after that!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 15:55 
sneering elitist

I put my resident plots down last night but the thought of crafting all that furniture for the houses exhausted me so I went to bed instead. That's something to start on later :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 16:20 

Crafting the furniture did take a while for me but was a load of fun. I’ve just seen Sahara at DM’s.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 16:57 
Skillmeister

I doin't thoink I ever had an bench in my plaza :S

Spent today moving all the flowers from my cliffsides down to a deserted little penisula and laying them out in a checkerboard pattern to grow some mutants. A nice side effect of this is that I'm now dripping with Orchid Mantissessessssessases.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 17:02 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

I'm way behind because i've only just got to the 30 ingots stage to get the shop built but Sahara is on my island today and i've bought a big rug and some wallpaper :-)

I do still have my bench but noticed the big campfire (in the middle of the area in day1) had vanished so i think stuff in that section may well move around a bit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 17:30 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

You're way behind?!? I haven't got the 30 ingots yet but that's ok... It's not a race. I'm just enjoying the ride.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 17:39 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

TheVision wrote:
It's not a race. I'm just enjoying the ride.

It's most definitely not a race and yes the idea is to enjoy the ride

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 19:21 
Comfortably Dumb

Mimi wrote:
Crafting the furniture did take a while for me but was a load of fun. I’ve just seen Sahara at DM’s.

I'm glad you mentioned that as I couldn't see them anywhere at first. Got a few bits for my (sparse) house

Attachment:
ac1.jpg

zaphod79 wrote:
TheVision wrote:
It's not a race. I'm just enjoying the ride.

It's most definitely not a race and yes the idea is to enjoy the ride

I'm definitely taking it all at a leisurely pace too. It's why I'm not too fussed about making too much money at the moment and just leaving bits out for other people to grab instead.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 19:45 

I have been carrying around a little figure for The Vision all day in case he was online and now I’ve lost it (or, rather, I think accidentally sold it) so I’ll have to send one to you if we ever get connected online.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 20:29 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Ah man, that would have been lovely. I'll have to pop over and see you when you're online.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 20:50 

The gate is open at the moment. I might not be active, as I’m to-OMG and fro-OMG, but once you’ve made initial contact you can send each other gifts, etc. Also a really handy feature is that you can broadcast a ‘text’ to anyone you mark as a best friend when they are online, including to all your best friends. Great to say ‘gate is open’ or like I did this morning ask if anyone had a decent Turnip price.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 21:14 

Pete, Miki, the Nintendo Switch app for your (actual) phone lets you type on your phone and it appear as in-game chat. Much quicker communicating that way.

Miki, nobody can be in your town when you are in another person’s town, the little animation you saw was Pete arriving.

Pete, I was trying to ask if you needed a vaulting pole to explore as I wasn’t sure if you had one and I could always make another, hence me dropping a random pole at your feet :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 21:54 
Excellent Member

haha god Im so lame at typing it's silly. Steve is now trying to attach a little wireless keyboard as tbh Im not much better at typing on my phone, but if that doesnt work I will look into the phone thing becouse the typing on the controller keyboard is awful
thanks for the peaches, I have planted them all, I only need apples now (if all my planted fruit grows to trees)
Katie was supposed to be sleeping but its her (10th) birthday tomorrow so sleeping was not easy so she lucked out and got to see you and your museum and your house and pete and your animal friends

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 0:00 
Excellent Member

It was lovely visiting your island Mimi! I couldn't stop long, but I also didn't want to see too much - especially the museum. Gotta keep some surprises for myself!

Thank you for the tip on the app. I'll get that, as I kept hitting 'X' to backspace delete instead of 'B', thus repeatedly abandoning the message upon near completion and driving myself steadily towards the cliffs of insanity.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:44 
sneering elitist

Mimi wrote:
Pete, Miki, the Nintendo Switch app for your (actual) phone lets you type on your phone and it appear as in-game chat. Much quicker communicating that way.

Oh thank goodness - trying to type on that little keyboards was driving me insane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 

Right now, I'm finding this a brilliant escape from it all. Last night before I switched it off I lit my bonfire overlooking the sea and saw some meteors. It's like being in the outdoors without the cold, damp, and transport costs.

Visited Flump yesterday. Will do more visiting over the next few days.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:09 

I took this photo the other night, just because it amuses me we were all looking at... something.

I caught an oarfish yesterday. That’s quite the creature!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:26 
Comfortably Dumb

What method are you using to get the screen captures from your Switch to PC? Apparently you can shut down the Switch and just take the MicroSD card and use it in a card reader but that seems like too much faff, so I ended up creating a separate Twitter account just to dump the pictures out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:34 

I made a second twitter account, like you say. I don’t have a micro SD, but I figured that apart from the initial set-up faff, the Twitter account was the simplest way of doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:22 
Participant in dramatic games

Ah that's actually a good idea, i'll make some romanista switch then..

meanwhile digital foundry did a bit of friendly tech analyses.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw5epbkgSQM

my special catches were a sturgeon and a hemelkijker (lit. heaven watcher), Opisthoproctus soleatus, which actually unlocked something in the museum....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 

Kern wrote:
Right now, I'm finding this a brilliant escape from it all. Last night before I switched it off I lit my bonfire overlooking the sea and saw some meteors. It's like being in the outdoors without the cold, damp, and transport costs.

Visited Flump yesterday. Will do more visiting over the next few days.

you had meteors? i had celeste visiting giving me a plan to do something with meteors..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:45 

romanista wrote:
Ah that's actually a good idea, i'll make some romanista switch then..

meanwhile digital foundry did a bit of friendly tech analyses.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw5epbkgSQM

my special catches were a sturgeon and a hemelkijker (lit. heaven watcher), Opisthoproctus soleatus, which actually unlocked something in the museum....

Your hemelkijker, it’s a type of goldfish, is it? Did you catch that at night in the pond?

I haven’t looked at that vid, but my ‘big’ catches so far have been a sturgeon, blue marlin, tuna, coelacanth and oarfish. The oarfish really is quite a thing!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:50 

Does anyone have lilies in store in their shop? If so, could somebody please buy me ten of each variety they have and post them, and I’ll send the bells?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:52 
sneering elitist

Oooh I haven't seen lilies, didn't realise they were a thing! :o

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:56 
Comfortably Dumb

Mimi wrote:
Does anyone have lilies in store in their shop? If so, could somebody please buy me ten of each variety they have and post them, and I’ll send the bells?

I only got the shop today, so I'll check later. However, I've just turned on my Switch and I'll be leaving Flump open all morning if you want a nose? Can you buy from other people's shops actually?

I noticed there was a mini-update to install too this morning. Not sure what was added though - I have Reactions available now, but I guess that just got unlocked with time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:56 

Yes, I saw them in somebody’s town the other day, but I can’t remember where. I’ve got tulips, windflowers and pansies, and hyacinths in my shop, plus I bought some roses from another town yesterday. I’ve seen at least lilies somewhere, and I’d be surprised if there weren’t cosmos and maybe chrysanthemums in the game somewhere.

I’ll pop by and have a look in your shop, DM (and yep, you can but from other shops. Flowers don’t sell out, they’re in your cabinet) xx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:06 

No, you had hyacinths in your shop, DM. I found a rusted part outside your airport, so I’ve dropped it outside the front door of your house, as I guess you’re going to need that for something in the future x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:07 
Skillmeister

I have tulips, "Mums" (?) and pansies.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:09 
Comfortably Dumb

Mimi wrote:
No, you had hyacinths in your shop, DM. I found a rusted part outside your airport, so I’ve dropped it outside the front door of your house, as I guess you’re going to need that for something in the future x

'guess' :D Thank you.. I didn't realise it was actually a useful thing :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:14 

Dimrill wrote:
I have tulips, "Mums" (?) and pansies.

Mums are chrysanthemums. I don’t have any of those either. If you find any in your shop could you get me ten of each, please, and I’ll reimbell you. Bellimburse?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 13:01 
Skillmeister

Doh of course. I should've put 2 and 2 together there :S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 13:26 

If anyone had turnips to trade in my shop is buying them for 201 bells today. Gate is open x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 13:38 
Skillmeister

Some feesh to catch by the end of the month or you'll have to wait maybe months before they're available again:

Bitterling - River - tiny shadow - next available November
Football Fish - Ocean 4pm-9am - medium-large shadow - next available November
Sea Butterfly - Ocean - tiny shadow - next available December
Stringfish - River on highlands 4pm-9am - large shadow - next available December
Sturgeon - River mouth - large shadow - next available September
Yellow Perch - River - medium-large shadow - next available October

insects

Emperor Butterfly - 4pm-8am - next available June

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 13:44 

Perfect. I’m missing the stringfish from those, so I’ll don ma kilt and hand around the highlands!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 13:59 

Some philosophy..
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/0 ... _all_a_lie

i'm missing quite a few of those fish..

btw, the update was removing the duplicating glitch/// http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/0 ... me_balance

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 20:19 

Got ma streeeengfeeeesh!

I have the barreleye (Opisthoproctus soleatus) but it didn’t seem to trigger anything in my museum when I caught it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 20:24 
Skillmeister

Ooh yet to catch an barreleye! I did dig up a trilobite earlier and was torn as to whether to gift you it or satiate Blather's deviant desires. I chose the latter, but promise any more I get will be sent!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 21:33 
sneering elitist

I got a trilobyte on day one, and was going to send it to Mimi but lost it(?) - I think I keep accidentally selling things.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 23:34 
Excellent Member

Tomorrow will see me out of my tent and into a proper house. It will also see the museum built. Slightly embarrassing but I'm tremendously excited! I have caught many fish, but still have to get a Football Fish and a Stringfish.

Blather is adorable. I like the hoot noise he makes. And I have not caught tarantula #1 yet, they always immediately race up and bite me. Gyaaaagh. They seemed rather docile when I shared a room with them in the reals.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:31 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I haven't got the museum yet. Should I be doing anything to get it as I've got a load of fossils I could do with donating.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:33 

Donate! Once he gets a certain number, the mysterious funding bodies (who are far more generous than over here!) provide it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:33 

NervousPete wrote:
Tomorrow will see me out of my tent and into a proper house.

I read this, got concerned, then realised which thread this was!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:36 

devilman wrote:
Mimi wrote:

'guess' :D Thank you.. I didn't realise it was actually a useful thing :)

Haha, no, really guess. I don’t know what they’re for, but the fact they’re around (I’ve only found one, in the recycling) must mean they are useful later on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:02 

TheVision wrote:
I haven't got the museum yet. Should I be doing anything to get it as I've got a load of fossils I could do with donating.

I gave mine to Nook, but I can’t remember how :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:05 

Dimrill wrote:
Ooh yet to catch an barreleye! I did dig up a trilobite earlier and was torn as to whether to gift you it or satiate Blather's deviant desires. I chose the latter, but promise any more I get will be sent![/quote

Jem wrote:
I got a trilobyte on day one, and was going to send it to Mimi but lost it(?) - I think I keep accidentally selling things.

I haven’t found a trilobite yet. I always give my first of any fossil to Blathers, but I’m absolutely going to keep any trilobites I find after that for my house.

I have loads of peacock butterflies in my town this morning. I think I’ve caught sixteen this morning. My town hall has been constructed, now I’m working on ‘beautifying’ for camp visitors, though how that’s quantified I have no idea.

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 79  Next