Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 17:16 
Hello Hello Hello

Findus Fop wrote:
Can you give a spoilered example of the kind of cool thing I should keep my eye out for, that I might miss?

Well here's a single example, I won't spoilertag it as without the context it won't mean much. Now this isn't anything particularly significant, just a single Idunn Apple (every time you collect three, your maximum health increases), but without the guide, I wouldn't have sussed this one out. Even with the guide I found it a bit awkward, but that could just be me being crap :)

http://www.ign.com/wikis/god-of-war-2018/The_Black_Rune << Excerpt from this

Note that the 'jpg' lines of text are of course an image in the guide.

Quote:
Idunn Apple Location:

RiverPassNornir5P1.jpg

Return back up the well out of the Witch’s Cave to where the turtle resides, and look at the giant arch you summoned using the sand bowl. The right side of the arch has Winds of Hel on it, and you can transfer it to the left side of the arch.

RiverPassNornir5P2.jpg

Now head up the chain to the high ridge above where you spotted the runes for the sand bowl, and grab the Winds before turning and running down the path and placing them below a rune mechanism for a moment.

RiverPassNornir5P3.jpg

Then taking them the rest of the way to a receptacle behind the Nornir Chest to activate it - revealing three “B” symbols rotated around. You'll need to make sure the top of the spinning mechanism above the Winds of Hel receptacle has the "B" looking rune, the one below it has the "^^" looking rune.

RiverPassNornir5P4.jpg

Then leave the winds in the final rune receptacle until it cycles to the backwards "B" looking rune before taking the Winds to the chest to open it.

Over the course of the campaign there were loads of things like that, whereby I'd have either missed the 'thing' completely, or got stuck on the puzzle.

It's entirely down to personal choice of course, but I felt like I was getting a more 'complete' game with the guide to refer to.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:21 
Prince of Fops

Hearthly wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Can you give a spoilered example of the kind of cool thing I should keep my eye out for, that I might miss?

Well here's a single example, I won't spoilertag it as without the context it won't mean much. Now this isn't anything particularly significant, just a single Idunn Apple (every time you collect three, your maximum health increases), but without the guide, I wouldn't have sussed this one out. Even with the guide I found it a bit awkward, but that could just be me being crap :)

http://www.ign.com/wikis/god-of-war-2018/The_Black_Rune << Excerpt from this

Note that the 'jpg' lines of text are of course an image in the guide.

Quote:
Idunn Apple Location:

RiverPassNornir5P1.jpg

Return back up the well out of the Witch’s Cave to where the turtle resides, and look at the giant arch you summoned using the sand bowl. The right side of the arch has Winds of Hel on it, and you can transfer it to the left side of the arch.

RiverPassNornir5P2.jpg

Now head up the chain to the high ridge above where you spotted the runes for the sand bowl, and grab the Winds before turning and running down the path and placing them below a rune mechanism for a moment.

RiverPassNornir5P3.jpg

Then taking them the rest of the way to a receptacle behind the Nornir Chest to activate it - revealing three “B” symbols rotated around. You'll need to make sure the top of the spinning mechanism above the Winds of Hel receptacle has the "B" looking rune, the one below it has the "^^" looking rune.

RiverPassNornir5P4.jpg

Then leave the winds in the final rune receptacle until it cycles to the backwards "B" looking rune before taking the Winds to the chest to open it.

Over the course of the campaign there were loads of things like that, whereby I'd have either missed the 'thing' completely, or got stuck on the puzzle.

It's entirely down to personal choice of course, but I felt like I was getting a more 'complete' game with the guide to refer to.

Hmm, Very much a fan of games with locked off sections, metroid style, but in this game where there are some slightly more involved puzzles, I find myself unsure if I'm simply not getting it, or I in fact don't yet have the correct abilities yet, so move on, in ignorance.

Using a guide would solve this, admittedly. But I will persist without. Fear my hugely underpowered end-game Kratos!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:45 
Hello Hello Hello

From the very few slight criticisms I have of the game, that would be one of them. i.e. There are some things you can't do, or areas you can't get to, or puzzles you can't solve - with what's available to you when you first encounter them.

On one of the little sub-areas around the lake I was really scratching my head with a type of puzzle I hadn't seen before (what I would generally do is try to complete a section by myself, and then refer to the walkthrough to see if I'd missed anything).

Admittedly Atreus did give me a hint after a while, and said something to the effect of, 'I think we need something we haven't got yet'. Checked the walkthrough and yeah, it was 'You won't be able to do this unless you have Thing X'.

There's also a certain sort of stuff that coffins can be covered in that makes them impregnable until later on in the game when you get Thing Y that can remove the stuff, but the game shows you quite a few of these coffins at a stage in the game when they're impossible to get into. The problem with this is that there's no way of knowing as the player if you're simply not getting the puzzle (i.e. it's doable but you're too thick to work it out), or it's something that you can't yet complete. (Like I say, Atreus will give you hints sometimes, but I didn't find this entirely consistent.)

It's not a biggie, but it did nark me a little bit from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 
Hello Hello Hello

Took a break for a couple of days after finishing the campaign but have picked it up again the last two nights.

Most areas now have higher level baddies in them that drop level-appropriate loot. The fights are tough but not silly. It's great though as it means that hoovering up the loot after a fight can still yield things to equip, even in areas that I originally cleared out when I was far lower level.

The loot from the couple of favours I had left to do wasn't really useful though, although I did get other resources.

One lovely little touch that impressed me was extra dialogue that'd been added into a couple of encounters that was relevant to the fact I'd finished the campaign. i.e. When I did a sidequest there was a dialogue fork that could clearly only exist if you'd already finished the campaign, so they took the time to record separate dialogue to give the encounter context based on what else had happened in the game. Not a massive thing, but a splendidly considered addition to what is just a sidequest at the end of the day.

I'm working my way through the treasure maps now, and actually unlocked a new sidequest when I completed a couple of the others.

Basically, the game has a genuinely meaningful endgame with worthwhile stuff to do even after you've completed the campaign.

I still haven't killed a Valkyrie, I want to get to Level 6 before I take on those fuckers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:22 

Get yourself over to niflheim you'll get your first set of armour ezpz and you'll take em on no probs then.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:58 
Hello Hello Hello

Kris wrote:
Get yourself over to niflheim you'll get your first set of armour ezpz and you'll take em on no probs then.

Good tip!

Got myself a full set of Level 7 Legendary armour in an evening, and still had time to go and kill the shit out of a Valkyrie.

It seems that some people don't care for the gameplay mechanics in Niflheim but I thought they were pretty good fun, managing to be tense, exciting, challenging, and rewarding all in one.

Amusingly, one of the write-ups I read for the realm was almost apologetic about it being 'nearly all grind' so I was expecting the worst, it turns out that God of War's idea of grind is nothing like World of Warcraft's idea of grind.

When you've spent WEEKS grinding out a single item or faction reputation in WoW (as I have, many times over), cruising through an evening to get a full set of legendary armour is positively trivial.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:46 

>Bloodsail Admiral?
>The Insane?

Getting the initial armour set is the easy part, its deliberately low enough that you can get it with ease.

Upgrading it is the grind, with that set you should be able to kill the first 8 Valk's including the Musphelheim trials.

It gets a little easier the longer you've been in there with all the enchants you get to reduce the mist damage you can almost stay in there indefinitely with the regen from the armour and the slow down and blocking etc. My second piece of advice to you is to come back and bank your haul often every couple thousand or you'll be super mad when you die.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:53 
Hello Hello Hello

It was just the 'starter' set of Level 7 armour but it was good enough to let me start kicking the Valkyries around. I appreciate that upgrading it and/or getting better sets will be somewhat more of a grind! (Which I may or may not undertake, when I've played out the rest of the stuff in the game I want to do.)

I'll keep at it for as long as it's fun, but I'm not going to start grinding out stuff just for the sake of it. Not least because there are quite a few other games I want to make a start on. (I see that The Last Of Us Remastered has just been released on the new £15 'classic release' label, for example.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 17:18 
Bad Girl

NG+ incoming at the end of August, plus new harder enemies, loot and armour sets.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:08 
Hello Hello Hello

Not entirely sure I'm minded to take on a whole second playthrough of the game, although I wouldn't rule it out either.

Kudos to them for adding the mode in though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:53 
Prince of Fops

Hearthly's post in the last of us thread reminds me, I've knocked this down to easy and am enjoying it much more. Appreciate it's a game that benefits from a greater challenge, much more so than a game like the Last of Us, but I don't have enough game time to be smashed up by the same big enemy ten times in a row.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 18:46 

Saw this and thought it was great.

Made me want to get the platinum though!

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/09/03/ ... um-trophy/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:55 
Excellent Member

I bought this about 2 months ago, purely on the strength of this thread. I played it for maybe 90 minutes and haven't played it since.

Partly because I bought a digital copy and by the time it had fucking downloaded and installed, it was getting late so I was tired. But also because I suppose it's not really my thing, you just smash the shit out of stuff. Also, because the big bad guys are so powerful, it's literally just about timing your attacks. The fighting is a bit formulaic and doesn't feel particularly engaging or rewarding, you're just remembering the sequence of moves needed to beat things and you die a lot figuring that out. Oh I rolled there instead of throwing my axe thing, insta-dead. It's more "thank fuck I don't have to do that again" and a bit of a chore. I like the puzzle sections more and I might put more time into it now we're moving into autumn/winter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:14 
Hello Hello Hello

8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:49 
Excellent Member

Obviously I haven't played it myself, but yeah, I can understand Heathly's reaction because it's as if you're describing a completely different game from the one everyone else is talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:06 
UltraMod

Remember Flis, your opinion is valid.

Play Rocket League instead.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:48 
ugvm'er at heart...

I totally get what Flis is saying, as I had the same response. Played it for a couple of hours and didn't get on with it. It felt like another boss game where you have to learn the trick to beating the boss, which I hate...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:50 
Hello Hello Hello

8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:03 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
I totally get what Flis is saying, as I had the same response. Played it for a couple of hours and didn't get on with it. It felt like another boss game where you have to learn the trick to beating the boss, which I hate...

If you have it on disk I would probably buy it off you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:20 
Excellent Member

Bamba wrote:
Obviously I haven't played it myself, but yeah, I can understand Heathly's reaction because it's as if you're describing a completely different game from the one everyone else is talking about.

I agree, it felt like playing a completely different game to the one described - and that might be why I haven't switched it back on. It's not what I was expecting at all, I've gone in with preconceptions that haven't materialised so it was a bit disappointing.

It looks lovely, and maybe it gets better the further in you go and the more stuff to collect but it's not pulled me in at all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 13:48 
Hello Hello Hello

The combat has a rhythm and a flow, and obviously timing is important. It absolutely isn't a button masher and to succeed it's every bit as important to dodge, roll, parry and block as much as it is to attack, and to time those attacks correctly - which means learning the nuance of each of the enemy types. (Counter-attacking is also very powerful.)

That said you can mix things up a lot with different attacks and talents, and depending on where you've invested in talent points and special attacks, the dynamics of the fight will change based on that.

Using Atreus properly is critical as well, he's as important as Kratos himself in a lot of fights, and timing his arrow shots can make a massive difference to how things pan out.

The game telegraphs everything that's going on magnificently with visual and audio cues, I played through the entire game and as best I can recall I don't remember a single fight that felt unfair or cheap - if things seem more difficult or frustrating than you're expecting (assuming a normal skill level playthrough), there's probably something you can improve in how you're approaching the fight.

Now as for the boss fights, of course they are pretty much traditional boss fights, so they're, y'know, very much like boss fights.

Out of curiosity, (this is a question to flis and Trooper), what were you expecting God Of War to be like in terms of its combat? TBH I'm having a hard time understanding what you'd have expected it to do differently? Mechanically it works as you'd expect for the genre, albeit in an extremely polished and intuitive way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 14:09 
UltraMod

Sounds like a Soulsborne Lite. I can understand why it wouldn't be for everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 14:58 

Isn't this:
Hearthly wrote:
The combat has a rhythm and a flow, and obviously timing is important. It absolutely isn't a button masher and to succeed it's every bit as important to dodge, roll, parry and block as much as it is to attack, and to time those attacks correctly - which means learning the nuance of each of the enemy types. (Counter-attacking is also very powerful.)
basically the same thing as this:
flis wrote:
Also, because the big bad guys are so powerful, it's literally just about timing your attacks. The fighting is a bit formulaic and doesn't feel particularly engaging or rewarding, you're just remembering the sequence of moves needed to beat things and you die a lot figuring that out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 15:14 
Hello Hello Hello

Well yes, that's what I was getting at (hence my final question to both flis and Trooper), I'm trying to be diplomatic about it but I can't help but think it's rather akin to trying a driving game out and then dismissing it as not meeting expectations because there was a requirement to control a car and learn a course in order to succeed.

I don't understand how else the combat in God Of War was supposed to function.

EDIT - Except I completely disagree about the combat being 'unrewarding' in GOW, quite the opposite, nailing a difficult fight is immensely satisfying, as well as being visually spectacular.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 15:19 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

What you describe is very like Soulsborne combat, which is definitely a style you love or hate. I can't stand it and much prefer a more forgiving style, and I don't think that's unusual at all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 15:23 
Bad Girl

It’s much, much, MUCH more forgiving than a Soulsborne game and if you slap it on the easiest difficulty no one but the fingerless would have any problems sweeping through the combat.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 15:36 
Hello Hello Hello

Yes even on 'Normal' difficulty the game is reasonably forgiving as long as you're taking on same-level baddies. Taking on higher level opponents exposes something of a ruthless streak whereby a couple of hits will kill you, (literally one misstep can mean death), but generally speaking there's no requirement for 'perfect execution' of fight mechanics to succeed.

I felt like it pitched the combat about right in the main, challenging without being frustrating, with enough wiggle room to allow for a degree of muddling through in most circumstances. (If you wanted to go down that route.)

What I'd often do if a fight was going badly is deliberately let myself get killed so I could have another go and do things more neatly, as even though it was perhaps possible to 'brute force' the fight, it didn't feel satisfying to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 16:06 
ugvm'er at heart...

I was expecting more of an action RPG button masher, which you can do for all the fights up to the bosses, but they attack with set attacks, which you have to find weaknesses, then exploit those weaknesses, and then do the same thing again, and again, and... FFS I know how to beat this boss, don't make me do the same thing over and over again, I know I need to dodge that attack, hit him with my shield at that point, do a fast attack at that point etc... i've learnt the pattern, why make me do it over and over again etc....

I suspect I wasn't really in the mood when I played it the first time, and that compounded my malaise.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 16:13 
Prince of Fops

I found I was dying much more than I could be bothered with. Slapped it down to easy and I'm breezing through. I dont get the same satisfaction from beating the bosses, but I'm not being frustrated either.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 16:28 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:

If you have it on disk I would probably buy it off you.

I do have it on disk, but I was actually planning on giving it another go at some point... maybe :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 16:47 
Excellent Member

I'm not even sure that the dying was bothering me, I had it on normal and fighting the regular bad guys was fine - you could smash them and throw shit at them and they'd die. On the tougher ones you learn what their moves where between getting killed and that was mostly fine, too. So far, so RPG. But then you get put into a bloody 10 minute long 'boss fight', during which you can only injure your opponent at certain times. The rest of the time, you run in a circle avoiding his attack, then he flies in the air, then he comes down, then you hit him half a dozen times, then he attacks you a bit while you run round a bit more...rinse, repeat for 10 minutes. It was grindy and not particularly satisfying, like Trooper says.

I'd never played any of the GoW series, I didn't watch any of the trailers or gameplay footage or read up about it anywhere other than here. I'm just saying it wasn't that enjoyable for me, and wasn't what I expected. I love RPG's, they are very much my genre. Prior to this game, the last game I'd bought and played extensively was Horizon Zero Dawn and it's DLC, which I played the hell out of and loved. I guess from the comments earlier in the thread, I was expecting something more like Skyrim or Witcher 3? It reminds me too much of grindy end-level platform gaming when you can only hit them once every minute and a half and the rest is just avoiding the repetitive attack strings.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 16:56 
Bad Girl

Quote:
[expecting GoW to be] more like Skyrim or Witcher 3

Hahaha...hang on, what the now?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 17:03 
Excellent Member

Satsuma wrote:
Quote:

I know from playing the previous games that that wasn't the case; that's it's a brawler at heart with extra stuff added in for this new version of the game. If you knew nothing about the series though then all the talk about quests, levelling and characters could easily give the impression of something more RPG-y.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 17:07 
Rude Belittler

Yeah, I can imagine someone expecting it to be Devil May Cry Lite (ie like the old ones) but like Skyrim??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 17:07 
Excellent Member

Satsuma wrote:
Quote:

:shrug: I knew nothing about the series. And on the first couple pages you're all going on about it being super explorable, with loads of shit to find, chests to get stuff out of, up-gradable weapons and armour, a little companion guy, mythical monsters, skill trees... I never said the game was bad or game-play is shit or whatever, just that it wasn't my type of game and wasn't what I expected. I'm not even complaining about the fact I bought it or saying it's a waste, just that it's not for me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:54 
Prince of Fops

Had a bit more of a play on this last night. Not sure it's a game that benefits from such a long, fractured play through. Keep forgetting the controls and what I'm meant to be doing.

But I had an excellent time. Wacked the difficulty back to normal as Easy was too easy. Didn't find myself getting my arse handed to me repeatedly as I had done previously at normal, but every fight now feels like it means something.

Fought a dragon on the mountain. That was excellent.

And I continue to be utterly baffled by all the different upgrades, runes, enchantments and crafting that can be done. Would much prefer this side of things to be a touch simpler. All the upgrades' upgrades have upgrades.

Upgrades.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:27 
Hello Hello Hello

Findus Fop wrote:
And I continue to be utterly baffled by all the different upgrades, runes, enchantments and crafting that can be done. Would much prefer this side of things to be a touch simpler. All the upgrades' upgrades have upgrades.

Upgrades.

Yes I kind of covered this point earlier in the thread - https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... 44#p994644

I think the whole system could have been refined and condensed down substantially, perhaps even just giving you specific abilities at certain points of the game (major campaign milestones that all players will have to pass through), and then incorporating them into the combat/puzzles in interesting ways from that point forward. (In the same fashion that Atreus gets his alternate arrow attack, for example.)

As it stands the game has no way of knowing what skills/upgrades/runes/enchantments the player will actually have at any given point, and as such the entire game must basically be doable with essentially the 'base' Kratos+Atreus. (So whilst the game DOES introduce puzzles and enemies that need Atreus' yellow arrows as it knows all players will definitely have them from a certain point onward, it can't do that with any of the optional stuff.)

Because I was being such a spod with finding every collectable in the game (albeit using the walkthrough....), I was able to basically max everything out, but even with such an embarrassment of riches to choose from when it came to the combat, I very often found myself reverting to the basic combat flow and beats the game teaches the player early on. I'd keep going go back to all the different screens to try and remind myself of all the button combos, but who can remember that shit in the heat of battle?

Sometimes I'd try a few different things out and it'd all look swizzy and maybe do some more damage, but the fundamentals of blocking, parrying, dodging, counter-attacking, and using Atreus wisely seemed to be by far the most important things. (And of course, following the required tactics of the fight.)

Maybe the harder difficulty levels demand it, I played on Normal - but yeah, overall I'd say that perhaps less would have been more when it came to the skills/upgrades/enchantments/specials/runes etc.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:35 
Prince of Fops

Hearthly wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

Upgrades.

Yes I kind of covered this point earlier in the thread - https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... 44#p994644

I think the whole system could have been refined and condensed down substantially, perhaps even just giving you specific abilities at certain points of the game (major campaign milestones that all players will have to pass through), and then incorporating them into the combat/puzzles in interesting ways from that point forward. (In the same fashion that Atreus gets his alternate arrow attack, for example.)

As it stands the game has no way of knowing what skills/upgrades/runes/enchantments the player will actually have at any given point, and as such the entire game must basically be doable with essentially the 'base' Kratos+Atreus. (So whilst the game DOES introduce puzzles and enemies that need Atreus' yellow arrows as it knows all players will definitely have them from a certain point onward, it can't do that with any of the optional stuff.)

Because I was being such a spod with finding every collectable in the game (albeit using the walkthrough....), I was able to basically max everything out, but even with such an embarrassment of riches to choose from when it came to the combat, I very often found myself reverting to the basic combat flow and beats the game teaches the player early on. I'd keep going go back to all the different screens to try and remind myself of all the button combos, but who can remember that shit in the heat of battle?

Sometimes I'd try a few different things out and it'd all look swizzy and maybe do some more damage, but the fundamentals of blocking, parrying, dodging, counter-attacking, and using Atreus wisely seemed to be by far the most important things. (And of course, following the required tactics of the fight.)

Maybe the harder difficulty levels demand it, I played on Normal - but yeah, overall I'd say that perhaps less would have been more when it came to the skills/upgrades/enchantments/specials/runes etc.

Glad it's not just me! The bit in bold particularly resonates. I have no idea what special powers I have assigned from one minute to the next, and because their cooldown, I'm loathe to actually use them in case I need them at a more opportune time (even though I have no fucking idea what the perk does).

Very much shield, dodge, axe, arrers, for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 21:20 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Bugger, this is good.

Why did no-one tell me how good it was?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 23:36 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I finished this last night. Then I went back to the house and properly finished it. But I can't kill the Queen of the Valkyries :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 13:59 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Huh, Sony sent me an email congratulating me for completing the game. Did anyone else get one of those?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 14:09 

I didn’t.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 14:24 
Prince of Fops

Nor me. Couldn't be bothered finishing it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 15:11 

I didn’t even start it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 15:15 
UltraMod

No. But then again I never played it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 15:21 
Bad Girl

I didn’t get out the first village.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 21:06 
Bad Girl

Am I just a dummy or did anyone else miss that Kratos’ missus had been leaving all the gold paint showing him the path he had to take? Like, she had literally walked the path he was supposed to take after her death. Is this a thing or is this some crap that I’ve just read? You decide.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 22:31 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I also missed that. What makes you (them) think it was her?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 23:35 
Bad Girl

See for yourself.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.poly ... nding-faye

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 17:33 
Prince of Fops

I've started playing this again after a several-month lapse. At the time, something wasn't clicking for me.I felt I was being funnelled from one set-piece to another, and within those set pieces themselves, I was button mashing until I survived the encounter and moved on.

This time, however, something's clicked. The combat (and defence) are making more sense. I'm less bothered about having the exact right armour and weapon choices. I'll try a couple of things but won't get stressed by the menu overload (and there IS menu overload in this game).

I've encountered my first Valkyrie (under that big-bastard giant) and had my arse handed to me several times and have discovered that, at Level 3, I'm probably too underpowered for the encounter so am off to complete some side-quests and up my stats.

Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next