Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 2112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: 1st world problems
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 17:42 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Brexit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 16:06 

I would very much like to play Viva Piñata 3, but it doesn’t exist.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 16:09 

Warhead wrote:
Brexit

The way things are going this may very well not be a first world problem for much longer.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 18:20 

Attachment:
7D63A85C-E0D6-4E8E-A8B6-A637DA9AA7E0.jpeg

That isn’t going to work.

Got to love badly-implemented draconian laws affecting prescription drugs.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:33 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Wait, are they changing your prescription based on law?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 14:12 

It's a bit confusing as it cuts off mid-sentence, but pregabalin is now a category C controlled drug - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47766520 - which means they can only prescribe 28 days' worth at a time. It was actually ever thus in my case (I take four a day, and they've never prescribed more than 112 at a time). My bemusement is that the period between the previous issue and the next time they'll issue is apparently now 29 days. As I found when I tried to request it on 20th of March, and didn't realise it had been rejected until I ran out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 14:32 

Nik wrote:
It's a bit confusing as it cuts off mid-sentence, but pregabalin is now a category C controlled drug - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47766520 - which means they can only prescribe 28 days' worth at a time. It was actually ever thus in my case (I take four a day, and they've never prescribed more than 112 at a time). My bemusement is that the period between the previous issue and the next time they'll issue is apparently now 29 days. As I found when I tried to request it on 20th of March, and didn't realise it had been rejected until I ran out.

I saw this the other day. Absolute shambles of a situation. Have you managed to speak to a doctor or pharmacist about how you are supposed to manage with this ridiculous oversight?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 23:28 

I spoke to a receptionist who couldn’t figure out why it was rejected and put the request through again (I’ll find out on Thursday if that particular request has been approved) and then, after I found the above on the Patient Access app, emailed them the same image with an explanation as to why the maximum time between issuing 28 days’ worth of medicine is 28 days. They do read (and sometimes act on) emails, so fingers crossed.

As seems to be increasingly the case in my life, I find myself thinking surely I can’t be the only person this will affect, so why do I feel like I’m explaining an alien concept to those who make the rules?

Not panicking just yet anyway, as I now have 28 days’ worth already, thanks to the pharmacy handing over the pills they should have given me in February (but didn’t, in a totally separate, more mundane cock-up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 15:45 

Walked to town and did some shopping. 3 pints and my book in the pub, then walked home. Tried to make tea, but the on-off switch fell off my kettle. So now I have to walk back into town to get a replacement. Gah.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 16:34 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

My wife has had a puncture whilst at a friend's house and they thought they could fix it themselves with the tyre sealant stuff... Obviously, they made a right mess of it and instead drove back on a flat tyre.

After a little argument when she said she phoned me for advice but didn't actually take my advice, she's borrowed my car.

I've just put a bit of air in it and can feel a split on the inside rim. Annoying.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:44 
Noob as of 6/8/10

I had a 160 mile round trip to remove paper fragments from a printer in Ulverston yesterday. But it was a nice day for a drive up to Cumbria.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:08 

I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to my in-laws’ cats. I don’t think I’ve ever been allergic to cats, I had two as a kid with no problems, but every time I come here I sneeze and itch and get red bumps on my skin.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:30 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Mimi wrote:
I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to my in-laws’ cats. I don’t think I’ve ever been allergic to cats, I had two as a kid with no problems, but every time I come here I sneeze and itch and get red bumps on my skin.

I’ve got the same issue with my in laws pets. All those symptoms plus massive irritability and headaches which I can only get rid of with alcohol but still that doesn’t always work. I’m also hyper sensitive to their pets too, as it even happens when they come to our place, so there must be traces on their clothes.

One small difference though, my in laws have no pets.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:39 

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I’ve got the same issue with my in laws pets. All those symptoms plus massive irritability and headaches which I can only get rid of with alcohol but still that doesn’t always work. I’m also hyper sensitive to their pets too, as it even happens when they come to our place, so there must be traces on their clothes.

One small difference though, my in laws have no pets.

Mine are now reading the Mail On Sunday. :|

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 14:13 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Those are really clever cats. Have you considered that it may be the in-laws to which you are allergic?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 14:38 
Noob as of 6/8/10

More eejit customers today.

Logged a call for a customer display not working. When i got there they couldn't show me as there was no power to the till at all. They'd swapped the base unit and it still wouldn't power up, so they'd logged a call for that as well. My response, 'You need to plug the other end of the cable from the till in to the UPS as well for it to have power.'

So now it powers up but the customer display is still not working and the till hangs with an error message saying it's not attached. 'And THAT is because you plugged it into the wrong port.' Swap port, reboot, all good.

And finally, 'Can you have a look at the next till, it says the scale isn't attached.'

That's because the scale ISN'T attached, it needs a gender changer to attach the data cable to the USB adapter on the till. Their response, "Oh, we ordered that, it's arrived and someone's put it somewhere safe. No one knows where that is.' I just left that with them to sort out themselves.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 15:13 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Warhead wrote:
Those are really clever cats. Have you considered that it may be the in-laws to which you are allergic?

Giphy "big stampy boots":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7btUTDBNwhgoRkLS/giphy-loop.mp4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 15:15 
ugvm'er at heart...

I found out I was mildly allergic to pet hair when I moved out of home at 18. My family had always had pets, when I went to uni I found out what being able to breathe properly was...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 0:05 
Can you dig it?

Our nice coffee machine (put beans in the top, coffee comes out the bottom [title] - it does the grinding) seems to have a frustratingly small water tank and grounds-bin so it feels like I'm filling and emptying it rather frequently.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Car parks that only allow cash payments.

I use car parks several times every day and in the last 18 months or so, almost all of them now have RingGo, or PayByPhone or some other on line system, so I don't have to carry half a ton of change around with me. But there are just a few that haven't embraced the new technology yet and they're a fucking nuisance. On the plus side, an awful lot of Co Op stores have their own free car parks, which partially makes up for having to look after their shitty retail systems.

The worst car park I've ever used is Pepper St in Chester. They don't have separate up and down ramps, the ramps are very narrow so there are often mini grid locks when there are vehicles trying to go up when others are on the way down. The lanes on the floors are so narrow as to only allow vehicles to pass with extreme care, and the spaces are useless for anything bigger than a bubble car. The reviews on trip advisor confirm this, 100%. I only went in there once and didn't expect to get out without bodywork damage, but I just managed it. If you're ever parking in Chester, avoid at all cost.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 13:30 

Sir Taxalot wrote:
Our nice coffee machine (put beans in the top, coffee comes out the bottom)

Any beans? Have you tried it with Tesco Value baked beans? I'd be interested to see how that comes out ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 13:57 
UltraMod

I have a bean grinding machine which needs very little maintenance. I then use paper filters with a plastic cone filter. Can compost the paper and grounds once finished.

We also have a LaVazza A Modo Mio machine for when we’re feeling environmentally unfriendly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 14:08 
Best
Board Mother

We were looking at integrated coffee makers yesterday. Only £1.5k. :attitude:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 14:11 
ugvm'er at heart...

Integrated where?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 14:15 
Best
Board Mother

Trooper wrote:
Integrated where?

Blood stream. :p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 14:17 
Comfortably Dumb

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
We were looking at integrated coffee makers yesterday.

Is this code for 'perving baristas'?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 20:02 

Rather than spend half an hour each Monday watching the final stages of 'Only Connect', I could just spend the time watching someone tell me, repeatedly, "you're thick; you're thick", all in high definition.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 20:07 

Kern wrote:
Rather than spend half an hour each Monday watching the final stages of 'Only Connect', I could just spend the time watching someone tell me, repeatedly, "you're thick; you're thick", all in high definition.

Those three lads today got a couple of questions that I can’t imagine ever fathoming.
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
the alphabet song flight paths and one I have already forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 20:19 

Mimi wrote:
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
the alphabet song flight paths and one I have already forgotten.

That was a genius question, once we had the answer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 
Can you dig it?

GazChap wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:
Our nice coffee machine (put beans in the top, coffee comes out the bottom)

Any beans? Have you tried it with Tesco Value baked beans? I'd be interested to see how that comes out ;)

The jumping beans were the most challenging.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:07 
Best
Board Mother

Don't leave blu tack in direct sunlight.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 23:20 
Sitting balls-back folder

Leave blutack in the sun and it grows biros and usb cables?

That's way better than mogwai!

Shit film though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 14:59 
Noob as of 6/8/10

I paid for two hours parking in Formby (only a quid, so that's not the problem) but the job only took about 15 mins. I started my lunch break at 14.03 so that finishes at 15.02 (obv) which leaves 47 available parking minutes unused. I can't give the ticket to another motorist as the bastard machine makes you give it your registration number when you pay, so I'm paying for a service I'm not fully getting. Should I write to Excel Parking for a proportionate refund, or drive off and accept the loss?

Option 2. Should I just get a life instead?

BTW, my company will refund me the cost of the parking anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 15:01 
Best
Board Mother

BikNorton wrote:
Leave blutack in the sun and it grows biros and usb cables?

That's way better than mogwai!

Shit film though.

Good business model. :shrug:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:31 

The local garden centre has been reorganised since I last visited. I spent a few seconds gormlessly looking at a shut automatic door before I realised they'd switched the entrance and exit around.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 23:44 
Can you dig it?

Warhead wrote:
I can't give the ticket to another motorist as the bastard machine makes you give it your registration number when you pay,

Gah, I hate this. It was a simple pleasure in the past to offer someone a ticket with unused time on it, a little act of kindness and a few brief moments of engaging with a fellow human being. Equally, it was nice to be on the receiving end sometimes too.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:26 

Sir Taxalot wrote:
Warhead wrote:
I can't give the ticket to another motorist as the bastard machine makes you give it your registration number when you pay,

Gah, I hate this. It was a simple pleasure in the past to offer someone a ticket with unused time on it, a little act of kindness and a few brief moments of engaging with a fellow human being. Equally, it was nice to be on the receiving end sometimes too.

I remember the gratitude at going to a payphone and finding someone had paid with 50p/£1 and left the receiver on top of the phone unit as they had unused credit.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:55 
Can you dig it?

Mimi wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:
Warhead wrote:

I remember the gratitude at going to a payphone and finding someone had paid with 50p/£1 and left the receiver on top of the phone unit as they had unused credit.

Simple, nice little touches like this that really brighten someone else's day are lovely indeed, and a little bit missing nowadays, it seems to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 16:42 
Gogmagog

There is an event on at the library which requires booking but I cannot do it online.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:04 

I bought a pair of Sony earphones, the left channel of which started distorting within the warranty period. I returned them last week and got this email today:

Sony Customer Service wrote:
We are sorry for the delay on your Sony WI-H700 Headphone inspection. Regrettably we are unable to repair the unit as the part to complete the repair is not available and so in order to resolve the case, we wish to offer an alternative solution. The WI-H700 is currently not available and so we can replace the headphones with a new set of WI-1000X headphones at a discount cost of £101.80, alternatively if you do not wish to proceed with the replacement we can return the failed Headphones and waiver the inspection fee as an ex gratia gesture of goodwill. I have placed a link to the model offered below:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in-e ... s/wi-1000x

If you wish to proceed with the replacement unit offered, please call 01656 867347 for payment to be taken and the order will then be placed.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

This is obviously pretty shit (I don’t have another £100 to throw good money after bad on headphones!) but is their “choice” (and how generous of them to offer to waive the inspection fee!) even legal?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:06 
Unpossible!

In warranty? Tell them to replace it

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:07 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Inspection fee?!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:12 

Under Sales of Goods Act and its modern descendants, a retailer can choose to resolve with faulty goods by offering repair, replacement, or refund. Yes, this is legal.

Edit — wait, I might have misread. Your options are “more money” or “have the faulty ones back”? If so, no, that is not legal.

Second edit — how long ago did you buy these? That’s important.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:15 
Gogmagog

There is an EU electrical thingy directive whatnot as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:17 

January.

I’ve replied:

Quote:
I’m afraid neither of these options is acceptable to me. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 I’m entitled to a free repair or replacement (of same item or better) or a full refund.

I look forward to receiving an offer that complied with the above law at your first convenience.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:19 
Sitting balls-back folder

Correct response.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:24 

Ta.

Edit: Fecking typo - complied/complies. Hate doing that when arguing!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 18:21 
Decapodian

Who did you buy them from?
Your guarantee and rights are with the retailer and not the manufacturer.
If you bought them from somewhere else, Sony don't have to do anything.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 18:23 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Sony's site doesn't say they're not available and they're in-stock (just) on Amazon. They're pulling your plonker.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 18:39 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Who did you buy them from?
Your guarantee and rights are with the retailer and not the manufacturer.
If you bought them from somewhere else, Sony don't have to do anything.

What no

Reply to topic  [ 2112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 43  Next