Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:30 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

I've played against quite a few MechaCthun decks now and a lot fewer bomb warriors (given everyone has an answer for it now)
The most common decks for me (currently bouncing between ranks 8 , 9 , 10) are Mecha Hunter / Silent Priest / Cyclone Mage and Lackey Druid

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:48 
Hello Hello Hello

I think the game is in a pretty good spot at the moment, I'm really rather enjoying playing it.

Fuck me do you need an impressive card collection these days though, even Zoolock now runs legendaries with pretty important effects.

Fortunately I've kept on top of things and always have a decent war chest of dust to craft required cards.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:56 
ugvm'er at heart...

I quite enjoyed the first couple of wings of the new adventure. Although normal was a bit too easy, and your unlocks from normal don't count in heroic, so not much replayability for me.

I've given up on the ladder for now, I just do Arena these days, and only play a couple of times a week.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:45 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
I've given up on the ladder for now, I just do Arena these days, and only play a couple of times a week.

It's as easy and cheap as it's going to be for a while to get back into Standard Ladder, as they've just done all the set rotations.

I still reckon you'd be talking a fairly substantial spend to get a solid card collection though.

Once you're on the curve though, it's entirely possible to freeload the game and maintain a relevant card collection, I haven't spent any money at expansion launch for years now, and have enough gold saved up to get around 100 packs for each new expansion.

I haven't missed a daily quest for over five years though, mind.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 13:21 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
Trooper wrote:

It's as easy and cheap as it's going to be for a while to get back into Standard Ladder, as they've just done all the set rotations.

I still reckon you'd be talking a fairly substantial spend to get a solid card collection though.

Once you're on the curve though, it's entirely possible to freeload the game and maintain a relevant card collection, I haven't spent any money at expansion launch for years now, and have enough gold saved up to get around 100 packs for each new expansion.

I haven't missed a daily quest for over five years though, mind.

There are some decks though that don't require legendarys at all , I'm still playing around with the resurrection priest deck - which has only 2 'paid' legendaries in Zilliax (great 5 drop with charge and lifesteal) and Catrina (resurrect a dead minion) and a mech hunter deck that just has one (Zilliax) which i'm sure could be swapped out for something else without affecting things too much

I enjoyed the first wing of the expansion and I'm sure i'll go through the others when they drop

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 15:48 
ugvm'er at heart...

I've got a tempo rogue deck that is averaging 60% right now, and enough dust for a couple of other decks. It's not that I can't be competitive on the ladder, I just can't be arsed :D . The monthly reset doesn't really work for me now as a super casual player.

I prefer Arena as a mode, did a 10 win run t'other night, which was nice.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:26 
8-Bit Champion

Trooper wrote:
I've got a tempo rogue deck that is averaging 60% right now, and enough dust for a couple of other decks. It's not that I can't be competitive on the ladder, I just can't be arsed :D . The monthly reset doesn't really work for me now as a super casual player.

I prefer Arena as a mode, did a 10 win run t'other night, which was nice.

I had quite a long period where i was only playing once ever few days - then just before this expansion dropped I randomly dropped into a match against someone using an interesting deck - looked it up and it all sorta clicked so i played a lot (and then the deck was useless as a chunk of the cards rotated out)

The monthly reset is an odd one - before I always ended up somewhere about 16 or 17 and got reset to just above 20 and would battle down to get to at least 20 again.
That little burst around the last expansion got me to 10 and i've been bouncing around that point for a while now but never really getting a good string of matches together to progress any higher.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 15:34 
8-Bit Champion

oh oh - balance updates inbound

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/ ... 0006326891

Prep from -3 to -2 is a big one and so is pushing that pirate combo card up one

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 17:40 
Hello Hello Hello

On balance I'm OK with them, even though I enjoy playing Rogue and have done for years. Prep is a very powerful card and I can get on board with the new iteration of it.

The Pirate combo card is way over the top at the moment, even with the nerf I think it'll still get played.

At least Blizz are quicker with these changes nowadays, it used to take them forever.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:09 
Hello Hello Hello

So am I the only one seeing the cunt's trick Blizzard are playing with this mid-expansion buffing of old cards and giving everyone a free legendary (and a very powerful one at that)?

If you read the articles and watch the videos about it everyone's making out like it's a sort of mid-season freebie bonanza and everyone will get cool new stuff to play with and it'll shake the meta up yada yada yada. This analysis only works in a world where everoyne already has all the cards that are getting buffed (there are legendaries in there) and the cards that support the decks they go into.

All I see is a cynical attempt to get everyone to burn through their dust to stay relevant and/or start buying packs from the previous expansions and the current expansion to get on point with the new decks that are going to rise out of nowhere.

Activision/Blizzard are missing their financial targets and the presure is on across the organisation to increase revenues, (I mean, we're all aware of the F2P monetisation in the current COD game right? Full on F2P monetisation in a full priced game), and this is a right cheeky way of doing it.

I don't think they even care about the no-budget/low budget players anymore (if they ever did), they just want the whales who will chuck as much money at the game as it takes to stay relevant with the best decks.

I appreciate it's possible to avoid this by going FULL ARENA, but if you want to play Standard/Wild, even if you're not fussed about actually climbling the ladder, a comprehensive card collection is kind of a must.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 11:22 
Hello Hello Hello

Spent last night (apart from when watching Chernobyl) trying to get my head around this deck.

Didn't win a single game with it but had my eye in with it at least by the end of the evening, and missed two win chances that I should taken but panicked and fucked things up.

The deck is one of those where you basically need to draw your entire deck, bounce a specific card back into your deck so it's the only card let, and then draw it with Holy Wrath to do 25 damage directly to your opponent's face. It can be bounced twice to get 50 over two turns.

I love this guy on YouTube, his explanations are super-clear and he's chilled and relaxing to watch.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 11:39 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
The deck is one of those where you basically need to draw your entire deck, bounce a specific card back into your deck so it's the only card let, and then draw it with Holy Wrath to do 25 damage directly to your opponent's face. It can be bounced twice to get 50 over two turns.

Yeah I've played a few of them and generally lost to it - but i think it will struggle with quick decks , and I've won a few match ups by forcing them to overdraw and then burn their key card (always great when that happens)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 19:37 
Hello Hello Hello

Having a lot of fun with this deck, even though my winrate is pretty awful, albeit getting better.

Just staying alive is the hard part, as is often the case with combo decks. It's not unusual to be down at 5 or less health and just praying that your opponent doesn't have Card X or Card Y. It appeals to my gambler mentality, every game is a series of calculated bets.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:27 
Sleepyhead

Had a few games of this over the past couple of days, but bored of only ever facing magnetic decks, which are so fucking annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:45 
Hello Hello Hello

My current favourite deck is a 'big' Shaman deck that runs quite a few silences and ways to discover new ones, as well as a couple of big board clears.

That really fucks up a mech deck's day.

Similar to this but with an extra Earth Shock and a couple of other tweaks to suit the meta.

Attachment:
biggogo.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 13:20 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
Had a few games of this over the past couple of days, but bored of only ever facing magnetic decks, which are so fucking annoying.

The issue of a small number of decks dominating has still not really been fixed - I'm still basically going with resurrection priest because i don't see any of them on the ladder and it wins against most of the other decks that i do see , although for this month i've enjoyed the side stuff a lot more (Fire Festival / solo challenges / etc)

The most common decks I'm seeing between rank 15 and 10

Mech/Bomb Warrior
Mech Hunter
Mech Paladin
Pogo Rogue

Then there are occasional :
Silent Priest
Token Druid
Token Warlock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 13:43 
Sleepyhead

I have settled on a properly scummy Murloc Shaman aggro deck. Missing a couple of cards and no dust, but I’m close enough.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 14:49 
8-Bit Champion

So new cards out today - I got the Shamen one as my quest card which looks interesting enough to put together a basic deck to play with (double your battlecrys)

I had enough gold for about 40 packs which got me
Zephrys the great
Dinotamer Brann
and no other legendary cards - I then completed the daily quest for 3 packs and the last one got me this :

Attachment:
unnamed.jpg

Don't think I've ever opened a pack with 2 legendaries before never mind 2 golden ones :-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 18:45 
Hello Hello Hello

I got two legendaries out of one pack back in Classic, have never seen it since!

For this expansion I got a pretty measly 81 free packs (including the 3 packs for the quest) as I haven't been playing the game as much as in previous expansions. I'll wait for Tempostorm and Icy Veins to start getting their deck lists up, for now I'm just completing the daily quest with decks like Pirate Warrior.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 18:48 
Hello Hello Hello

Ahhh yes, over five years ago :) April 2014.

https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... 51#p817351

Attachment:
leggers.png

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:13 
Sleepyhead

I played against a deck with that Shaman legendary and it absolutely destroyed me. Easy to get off by about turn 3 or 4, and then you can dominate. Own turn he played two of those sucking insect things, so he stole 12 of my hero’s heath and gave it to him :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:19 
Hello Hello Hello

Oh yes that reminds me did anyone notice the CARD ART CENSORSHIP CHANGES that Blizzard did a few weeks ago to appease the Chinese censors and get Hearthstone taken off their 'watch list'?

Fucking around with my card collection (THAT I PAID FOR) to keep the Chinese government happy. Welcome to the future.

I like the way they changed the Succubus card in an incredibly subtle fashion.

(Original on right, censored version on left.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:19 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
I played against a deck with that Shaman legendary and it absolutely destroyed me. Easy to get off by about turn 3 or 4, and then you can dominate. Own turn he played two of those sucking insect things, so he stole 12 of my hero’s heath and gave it to him :(

Yip - its very easy to trigger and double battlecry is a very powerful ability - I'm doing okay with it but i'm missing some of the big cards (shutterwok) and i dont want to craft them right now while everything is new

The biggest issue with the deck is a lot of the early / cheap cards also give overload so although i can play to get the quest done i cant control the early board so my advice to playing against it is get board control early and go for the face.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 18:21 
Sleepyhead

The Rogue quest is ludicrously easy and gives an amazing reward (hero power is a 3/2 dagger with immune when attacking). Get 4 cards from another class... basically a gimme by turn 3, so you basically have 4 turns to kill them or get completely dominant, else you gonna be having your minions cut to shreds. I might have had a chance if my deck had more direct damage cards that could bypass the buffed and replicated taunts that came out by turn 6.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 19:29 
8-Bit Champion

Druid quest is also crazy powerful - basically all 'choose' cards do both - again easy to setup and with the right card draw its hard to beat
I've also played against a few people running the hunter quest - they just overwhelm the board with minions (its harder to do since they need to get 20 out)

Lots of new decks and combinations out there for now

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:49 
8-Bit Champion

So the new decks are settling down a bit - I'm still using the Shamen quest once since i had the quest card and lots of other cards that work , I did craft shutterwok as when i drew it from a spell it was pretty devastating to the board and to everything else.

Most decks I can cope with now and have had a few reasonable runs of wins however I really cant get anything to stick against the quest paladin one - as long as they have '1' good thing in hand with a deathrattle (or reborn) they just clone it as a 2/2 and overrun the board

Deck string

AAECAcOfAwbx/gKggAOLigOTpQO7pQOftwMM3APPBrT2Atn+AuH+ApGAA5qhA6ChA8WhA/KlA/SnA8qrAwA=

I'm missing a few cards from it but i crafted the quest and I'm giving it a go

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 14:43 
8-Bit Champion

Well since I couldn't beat Quest Paladin I decided to join instead

The highest rank I've ever got to

Attachment:
Lv6.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 15:12 
Hello Hello Hello

Not too shabby, beats my best ever rank of 7!

I am enjoying the way the game has been really shaken up by the new expansion, but fuck me a lot of the decks are horribly expensive in terms of dust, so I'm not going too crazy with crafting until things have shaken down a bit and we've learned what's going to work, and what isn't.

That new Paladin quest is fucking annoying, and they seem to be able to get it to go off early, easily, and consistently.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 15:48 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
That new Paladin quest is fucking annoying, and they seem to be able to get it to go off early, easily, and consistently.

And once you have it - you get a free 'extra' minion every turn - its only a 2/2 but has deathrattle / reborn / any special abilities the other card had so to beat it you need to beat at least 2 of those things otherwise i just clone the 2/2 again next move

And since a number of my cloned things are mech's I can also play the card that gives me 3 mech's plus their upgrades back for 7 mana and then clone something decent 'again'

I'm losing mirror matches (depending on draw) , to the priest deck that gets out big minions and that one that sets every other health to the same as theirs , and the Murlock paladin *if* they get the draw quickly to flood the board

Anything else - a bad draw will stuff me but Warriors / Hunters / Shamen / Druids all go down

I've won my next two matches which has filled the stars for rank 6 - one more win for rank 5

** edit ** and won to reach rank 5 - against a very clever warlock deck that basically killed all my minions consistently - however reborn and a good draw won it for me :-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 16:36 
Hello Hello Hello

Congrats on Rank 5 :)

You got the deck listing there zaphod? It's driving me crackers when I play against it and that's usually a good sign I want to infuriate other people with a deck......

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 16:50 
8-Bit Champion

Lost the next few and found that Rank 5 is one of those points you wont drop below :-)

Phone so you'll just get a text list of if below in spoiler tags

Apart from the quest (legendary) and reborn cards everything else I already had on hand.
I have swapped a few things around to try and combat the decks that i was struggling with - there is a silence card and a 'reduce stats to 1' for those who build up a big card that i needed to get rid of , and then cards to buff or give divine shield to minions before you clone them

I'd assume you have the mechanical eggs and whelps - those are the only others then I think you specifically need - anything else can just be subbed in with more things to deathrattle abilities for you - and dont underestimate cloning micro mummys as they give something else on your team +1 attack each turn - an early quest and cloning a few of them is often enough for a quick win while they are still trying to get quest or big minions in play.

The big card I'd like is the 10 mana reborn 10/10 with divine sheild but its a legendary and i did not want to spend the dust on it :-)

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
### Quest
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Crystology
# 1x (1) Making Mummies
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 2x (2) Micro Mummy
# 1x (2) Subdue
# 2x (2) Temple Berserker
# 2x (3) Candletaker
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 2x (4) Ancestral Guardian
# 1x (4) Annoy-o-Module
# 2x (4) Bone Wraith
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 1x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 2x (5) Mechano-Egg
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Khartut Defender
# 2x (6) Mechanical Whelp
# 1x (6) Pharaoh's Blessing
# 1x (7) Kangor's Endless Army
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
#
AAECAaToAgzyBc8G+gbZ/gLh/gLx/gKggAOhoQPDpAOTpQOWrAOftwMJ3AO09gKRgAOaoQOgoQPFoQPypQP0pwPKqwMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 20:23 
8-Bit Champion

Nerfs inbound

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/hearthstone

Bumping up the cost for their big play will slow mages down - don't think making boom a 9 instead of a 7 will make much difference but it might

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:53 
Hello Hello Hello

Yes some good and needed nerfs there, although like you I'm not sure the Boom nerf is enough.

I often just concede now if a Warrior gets Boom out on Turn 7 or 8, unless I can see a very clear path to victory in the near future.

Fuck me it's a soul destroying card to play against, I've actually stopped playing Warrior just so I don't inflict it on other people, it genuinely feels unfair.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 22:09 
8-Bit Champion

Well even before the nerfs were live the mages all seem to have vanished - have not played one tonight

Got 3 stars into rank 4 twice but beaten back - at this point and for the very limited number of decks you see so much of this seems to be almost the luck of the draw - you get a nice run of cards you win - you get a bad run of cards you lose

Right now all I'm playing against are warriors (boom but with tants) / Priests (the arms nerf may make them more scarce) / Paladins (mirror matches basically) - and Shaman with their quest

Of those i'm most consistent against warriors and struggle the most against priests - a run of warrior decks pushes me up the ranks and then you hit a priest and drop back

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 20:12 
Sleepyhead

Current tavern brawl is hilarious fun.

Dropping Scargill, a Living Fountain and a Charged Devilsaur on Turn 6 can sure change a board :DD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:50 
Excellent Member

There's a major backlash ongoing against Blizzard right now, many threads created on the issue which has just started in the past few hours. Basically all because a competitive Hearthstone player and winner said a few words in support of Hong Kong and, as a result, Blizzard withdrew his prize money, banned him from competing for a year and so on. Not only that but they also banned two casters. More in this thread (link to Blizzard ruling in the main post) -

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/co ... litzchung/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 19:50 
Hello Hello Hello

Quite enjoying the new expansion, I've hit the gold cap for the day which means 30 wins, so I've probably played about 50 games.

Currently at Rank 9 but hitting some horseshit Shaman stuff, which is apparently getting nerfed in the next few days. (Although admittedly I'm running as Pirate Warrior, which might be getting its own whack with the nerf bat shortly......)

Attachment:
golders3.JPG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:12 
8-Bit Champion

Well latest nerf is live and actually the thing that's impacted me the most is the complete removal of nightmare amalgam from Battlegrounds

Anytime you saw it - it was an instant buy (because it links regardless of what 'tribe' your working with) and as thats no longer there if you want to switch to a different group later its much harder to pull off.

'The Curator' still gets his 1/1 amalgam as his hero power but you don't get to play as them that often

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:19 
Hello Hello Hello

I haven't bothered with the Battlegrounds at all, just doesn't interest me TBH.

Constructed is good fun at the moment, lots of new decks to try with the power level of the latest expansion being off the fucking charts.

I've managed Rank 8 in Standard with the new Pirate Warrior deck.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:41 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
I haven't bothered with the Battlegrounds at all, just doesn't interest me TBH.

Constructed is good fun at the moment, lots of new decks to try with the power level of the latest expansion being off the fucking charts.

I've managed Rank 8 in Standard with the new Pirate Warrior deck.

I had enough gold for about 50 packs - got 3 new legendarily but none of them are the 'big' ones for this expansion so I'd need to pay out dust for them - and as such i'm going to wait a little while for things to settle back down before trying again.

I quite like battlegrounds - there is still a chunk of RNG in play but building and making the right team to take down stuff is fun - its a much longer time commitment (closer to 30 minutes for a full game) - it is however still in beta and has a few rough edges (the most obvious being now that amalgam has gone is all the 'buff' cards that do things to dragons dont ever have a target as there are *no* dragons in the current deck)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 19:39 
Hello Hello Hello

New personal best, Rank 6 :)

Running with Secret Mage in Wild.

Attachment:
rankers6o.JPG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 19:05 
Hello Hello Hello

Crikey.

I swear I'm giving my brain its hardest workout in years winning games at this level.

Fortunately the meta seems to get a bit streamlined at the higher ranks so I've learned the decks I'm facing pretty well and can mulligan/play around them quite effectively.

There are a couple of awful match-ups including Quest Warlock, but in general I can win against most stuff with a following wind, although Taunt Warrior isn't great.

Attachment:
fivers.JPG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 22:08 
Sleepyhead

I appear to be either insanely unlucky or just really shit at Arena at the moment. Literally every play I make gets squashed instantly, often via random summons or random spells. Gah.

I like Battleground, though there’s so much luck involved, and I don’t really understand how some enemies get their minions so high. Like I have boosted one minion by at least 2 every single turn to be like 18/18, and face someone with three 42/37 minions or similar. And Beasts are by far the best set to get.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 20:26 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
I appear to be either insanely unlucky or just really shit at Arena at the moment. Literally every play I make gets squashed instantly, often via random summons or random spells. Gah.

I like Battleground, though there’s so much luck involved, and I don’t really understand how some enemies get their minions so high. Like I have boosted one minion by at least 2 every single turn to be like 18/18, and face someone with three 42/37 minions or similar. And Beasts are by far the best set to get.

There are a few ways to get big big minions - and when you go go with Amalgam it was relatively easy to swap between them at later levels but basically your options are :

Murloc - this has just been nerfed but is the easiest way to get poison stuff - and tier 5 gives you the minion that adapts all your murlocks so you can give them taunt / divine shield / etc
Mech - this is a good one to build (no matter which deck i'm running i try to have at least one mech) - Metalic is the main thing here so you have a space and just keep bolting on - the only thing to look out for is the early mech that gains divine shield when you summon another mech
Beasts - the easiest(?) one to go for - Hyena / rats / wolfs and the boosters and a bit of luck so that the rats die with enough space to fill the boards again
Demons - this one is the trickiest but the best way to get those crazy 50/50 minions - you take the minion that boosts for every demon - get to level 4 or 5 quickly and find Mal'ganas so that your not taking damage yourself every time you drop a demon down
There are a lot of demon booster cards as well i just rarely play it as the main card ends up doing a lot more damage to me than to the enemies :-(

The other 'trick' here is that you should always be buying stuff even if you dont have space for it now - and dont be afraid to dump something thats doing okay if you can get the chance to boost up other stuff by playing multiple cards

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 18:29 
Hello Hello Hello

Still a couple of days left :)

Attachment:
fouerso.JPG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 22:30 
Hello Hello Hello

And again. I gave up with Secret Mage and switched to Hand Buff Mech Paladin.

Attachment:
threeers.JPG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:16 
8-Bit Champion

Congrats - one better than i did (i got 2 stars into 4 twice but never passed that)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:21 
Hello Hello Hello

Cheers :)

The Hand Buff Mech Paladin deck was hard countering the Secret Mage deck I was playing, (I'm talking Control Warrior vs Freeze Mage levels of bad), so I decided to give it a go, helped by the fact I already had all the cards for it.

I stalled at Rank 5 **** with Secret Mage, it was the Hand Buff Mech Paladin deck that I took to Rank 3.

I'm going to have a push at Rank 2 this evening, but that might be a step too far, and probably won't be helped by the fact I'll be on the Prosecco from about 6pm......

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:09 
Hello Hello Hello

Crikey the meta is aggressive at the moment, it seems that folks are fighting fire with fire in that regard.

Seeing quite a lot of Reno decks in Wild now, although I'm missing so many cards for them it's not even funny. I fear Rank 3 may be as good as it ever gets for me

Attachment:
decko.JPG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:30 
Hello Hello Hello

Blizzard really are in full GOUGE MODE now, so many very powerful cards in the new expansion, that often work with very powerful cards from the last expansion, and nearly all at legendary or epic rarity.

In fairness there are still a good number of cheap decks to play (Face Hunter is currently pretty good), but I love playing with different decks that look interesting, so I've been burning through my arcane dust at a scary rate of knots, to the extent that the game had £100 out of me yesterday (as per the Wongawatch thread), to take my total lifetime spend to around £350, which considering I've played the game daily for six years (as of next month) still seems reasonable TBH.

(The more expensive, 'deeper' decks tend to be the most difficult and technical to play, which is what I enjoy, although I'm not above just playing fast and/or aggressive decks when the mood takes me.)

Certainly I've been playing the game more than I have for quite a long time since the last expansion came out.

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next