Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Xmas Scum Day Five
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 23:31 
Best
Board Mother

Santanalian wrote:
In fact, it's so surprising that no one mentioned it you must have thought we'd forgot about the evidence of your innocence as you needed to bring it up again yourself later on.

Would you consider changing your vote based on that?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 23:34 

I guess all the people who can corroborate the video thing are either dead or not speaking up.

Again, I reiterate zaphod's point - why would I not be voting if I was demented?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 23:36 
Best
Board Mother

I don't understand that last sentence.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 23:44 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

hmmmm, it's a fair point actually.

[vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 23:47 
Bad Girl

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Santanalian wrote:
In fact, it's so surprising that no one mentioned it you must have thought we'd forgot about the evidence of your innocence as you needed to bring it up again yourself later on.

Would you consider changing your vote based on that?

Honestly? Maybe. But I'd rather try Zaphod's approach at the moment. We know he's a goodie and he usually has a decent handle on these things. If he's wrong though...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 23:50 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I don't understand that last sentence.

If I am the demented elf, it is in my interests to vote people off because it means fewer people for me to kill.

So far, I've not voted for anyone that's ended up being lynched (in fact, I *think* today is the first day I've actually voted full stop.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 23:51 

And that's also why I have a suspicion that Santanalian is the demented elf - there's nothing concrete, of course, but he has been most vocal about getting quiet players modkilled, which is in the demented elf's interests - fewer people to kill.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 23:55 

We also have 7 players left. Assuming that the demented elf is the last killing role (which I think is correct, unless there's a secret role out there hitherto unseen?) then that means we get a few attempts at finding the demented elf.

If we lynch tonight, and get it wrong, then the elf kills another player and we go down to 5 players.

If we then lynch again, and get it wrong, he kills another and we go down to 3 players - but he has to kill *all* of the good elves, so those last three players then need to lynch the correct person or it's game over.

So we've got three tries, basically. I like those odds.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 0:01 
Bad Girl

GazChap wrote:
And that's also why I have a suspicion that Santanalian is the demented elf - there's nothing concrete, of course, but he has been most vocal about getting quiet players modkilled, which is in the demented elf's interests - fewer people to kill.

Quiet players are the most dangerous to the town not to the serial killer. Don't you get it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 0:08 

No, I get that - but are you trying to say that quiet players remaining in the game is good for the serial killer?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 0:24 
Bad Girl

It muddies the water so the town doesn't know who to lynch and, let's face it, most if not all of us have decided that Joans and Sharp Suit are off the table. And why? Arbitrarily because they ain't said anything or hardly voted. The killer probably stands a better chance of letting us go at each other than had we a full compliment of active players.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:38 

Santanalian wrote:
The killer probably stands a better chance of letting us go at each other than had we a full compliment of active players.

Modkills are free kills.

Us town wouldn't have a clue who to lynch regardless of whether people were talking or not.

Quiet players remaining in the game may cause situations where majority votes can't be achieved in time and thus mean that the game goes on longer, leading to a greater chance of the demented elf being lynched.

I was quiet before for a couple of reasons - primarily because I was unexpectedly busy at work (meta) but also because there wasn't much to go on during those earlier days, so there didn't seem much point in sticking my oar in. Now that we're getting more info, like zaphod being a goodie, a clearer picture (well... slightly less muddy picture) is being built up so there's more to discuss.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:28 

Has anyone else had a message from Gos? He suspected me quite a bit early on, so I'd have expected one. Maybe he did target me, but maybe I wouldn't know about it, because why should I? [vote:gazchap]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:32 
Best
Board Mother

Hmm, Gazchap has started to speak some sence, that doesn't mean he's good of course. I would be happy to change my vote, but to whom? The quiet ones seem to be posting just enough to avoid a modkill.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:41 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Joans wrote:
Has anyone else had a message from Gos? He suspected me quite a bit early on, so I'd have expected one. Maybe he did target me, but maybe I wouldn't know about it, because why should I? [vote:gazchap]

Gospvg hit a baddie every night apart from night 1 and last night

We have no idea who he targetted on night 1 it could easily have been someone no longer in the game.

Quote:
bobbyaro: 1 (Santanalian)
gazchap: 2 (Goddess Jasmine, Joans)
santanalian: 2 (Sharp Suit, GazChap)

Not voted: 2 (zaphod79, bobbyaro)

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch, and 4 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/work.php

I agree with Gaz's thinking that modkills are 'free' kills and I posted about the numbers and that we should have '3' goes to find the killer earlier in the thread

viewtopic.php?p=799522#p799522

However that does rely on the people who are not actually taking part voting, which may not actually happen.

If Joans and Sharpsuit had been modkilled for not playing then we would already be down to 5 , a wrong choice overnight would move it to 3 - so having them around sorta helps but imagine in the scenario above that the final 3 are the killer , joans and sharp suit - will joans and sharp suit actually come along and vote or will they say nothing - no one post and the town loses because no-one cared ?

Also if you are the SK you have no worries about not killing them - you would not 'waste' one of your overnight kills on someone who does not really change the odds on you being found.

So I think actually we only really have 2 goes - today and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow with 5 players you need 3 for a lynch - if sharpsuit and joans dont take part (and they are town) then the town cant get a vote in because there will only be 2 townies - they have both voted but we need them to vote tomorrow :-(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:42 
8-Bit Champion

FYI as the numbers stand right now i'd be more inclined to vote for Santanalian than Gaz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:43 

Joans wrote:

Hmm, scrap that, gos was still voting for me on day 2, and there's a good chance he went for Nikachu night one, and then two successful hits, so Gaz might be the only person to be marketed and still be around the following day [vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:47 

It's a bit harsh to acuse me of not taking part. Things have been busier than I anticipated, if I'd known, I wouldn't have joined in, but I don't think it's fair to say that I'd let a day time out because I don't care.
Although I might do it because I completely forgot. :p

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:47 
Best
Board Mother

zaphod79 wrote:
FYI as the numbers stand right now i'd be more inclined to vote for Santanalian than Gaz

Okay, I'll go with that if only to get a vote in. [Vote: santanalian]

On phone etc...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:58 
8-Bit Champion

Joans wrote:
It's a bit harsh to acuse me of not taking part. Things have been busier than I anticipated, if I'd known, I wouldn't have joined in, but I don't think it's fair to say that I'd let a day time out because I don't care.
Although I might do it because I completely forgot. :p

Its not and I apologize however as I said before I think its easier just to discount both you and Sharpsuit for not really taking part when we went for days (real days) with only a single 'dunno' type post from you both

FYI I think you've posted more today than you have on any other day so far.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:14 
Bad Girl

I'll be dead before I'm finished getting dressed for work.

Ok, ok, I've got the remaining secret role. I'm Kermit the Frog from the Muppets Christmas Carol. Every night I get to pick someone to ... ah, forget it, you people are idiots.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:16 
Bad Girl

Just so you're not wondering when the thread gets locked, I was an Elf.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:16 
Best
Board Mother

Wow. Vote stands.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:22 
Bad Girl

I bet it's you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:14 
Bad Girl

Why am I not dead? Is Bobby still in bed?

Let's not forget when I:

Accidentally 'started' the vote on SilentNight.
Was the 'first' to vote for DavPaz when Grim... tipped him as Mafia.

The Demented Elf would totes done these things. Fools. So I don't like people just not participating? So what.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:11 
8-Bit Champion

You definitely have the feel of the demented person about you - you have often done 'mad' things over the last few days (like when you've said at least twice that I'm a baddie and one time then just laughed it off as "oh i was doing it for a joke")

Your whole demeanor in these last few posts screams that your bad - however I've not voted and have not pulled the trigger on you yet.

You also seem to think that voting for mafia and bad guys proves your not the serial killer , no it doesnt ! , the SK just wants people gone and should not really care if they are mafia or not

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:30 
Bad Girl

Just do it then. You'll see and you'll only two attempts at the killer left. I've gone along with your idea but if that ain't enough, then whatevs man. Bobby will do it if you don't.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:32 
Bad Girl

Besides I reckon I could have got another day out of this had I pressed for Gaz, but I chose to get the killer instead.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:39 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

bobbyaro: 1 (Santanalian)
santanalian: 3 (Sharp Suit, GazChap, Goddess Jasmine)

Not voted: 3 (zaphod79, bobbyaro, joans)

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch, and 4 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:42 
8-Bit Champion

Pressed what for Gaz , your not really making sense here ?

If Gaz is the killer then he's been doing a very bad job of trying to clear up other players to remove them from his list - he's never voted someone out of the game - why would the SK do that ?

Also I hate to say this (and this is more for Curio) - I also have a lingering suspicion that you chose not to acknowledge the message from me overnight in a play to have people get rid of me and then blame curio afterwards.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:44 

Santanalian wrote:
Besides I reckon I could have got another day out of this had I pressed for Gaz, but I chose to get the killer instead.

So you don't think I'm the killer?

If the demented elf is the only baddie left, why would you press for ANYONE other than the one you thought was the killer?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:46 

Santanalian wrote:
Besides I reckon I could have got another day out of this

Another day out of what? Stringing up innocent folk to further your own evil aims?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:52 
Bad Girl

zaphod79 wrote:
Pressed what for Gaz , your not really making sense here ?

If Gaz is the killer then he's been doing a very bad job of trying to clear up other players to remove them from his list - he's never voted someone out of the game - why would the SK do that ?

Also I hate to say this (and this is more for Curio) - I also have a lingering suspicion that you chose not to acknowledge the message from me overnight in a play to have people get rid of me and then blame curio afterwards.

Gaz had two votes, GJ wanted me to switch to Gaz. I reckon had I switched then someone else might have joined it and Gaz would be dead. I'd have got another day serial killing people and killed you overnight.

So why stick with Bobby who turned out to be so vastly unpopular?

I'M NOT THE KILLER. Jesus christ...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:54 
Bad Girl

zaphod79 wrote:

Now this is just patently untrue. I did suspect you, hell I've made no bones about that, but Curio confirmed the message to me and GJ confirmed the message to her.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:01 
8-Bit Champion

Santanalian wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

Now this is just patently untrue. I did suspect you, hell I've made no bones about that, but Curio confirmed the message to me and GJ confirmed the message to her.

GJ confirmed the message to her - you originally denied I sent you a message , then came on later to blame Curio saying that he forgot to send it on.

So either Curio did forget to send it on (which is bad because thats a reason for me to distrust you) , or you lied about it - there were calls at the time for Curio to come forward and post in here and you said he wouldnt

viewtopic.php?p=799548#p799548

Santanalian wrote:
I can't see why he didn't post it in here; now he's made look like a dick.

So the answer is we need to 'trust' you that Curio really did mess it up and not that you chose to deny it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:13 
Bad Girl

I know, it's unfair. Here's what he wrote:

Quote:
Yo.

Zaphod did send you the message he is claiming to have sent you.

I may have forgotten to pass it on in a drunken haze.

My bad.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:07 
8-Bit Champion

About the only thing thats holding me back from voting for you to end this now is that if your not the killer then there will be no one posting tomorrow at all.

FYI other trigger points for me are when people complement me on how well i'm doing or have done at the game - and you've done that a number of times - i'm typically a bad player on here - i've only won a few times and when Mr Dave used to do his long posts about who was the best player and who was the worst I was typically at the bottom of the list.

I'm going to go with my original feeling and believe that your correct -

[vote:Bobbyaro]

However I may have left it too late for anyone else to vote.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:16 
8-Bit Champion

Rambling numbers post :

If we dont vote someone out today tomorrow will start with 6 players - a wrong vote moves it down to 4 for the next day and then 2 and a SK win.

However in that group of 4 will be the 2 quiet people (Sharp Suit + Joans) along with the SK and one other 'normal' elf - the problem will be the normal elf and the SK will vote for each other and then its up to Joans and Sharp suit to join in and target the right person.

Whereas a wrong vote today means tomorrow starts with 5 , wrong vote knocks it down to 3 and i'd assume thats the SK + Joans and Sharp Suit.

Lets assume your telling the truth and that I was right and Bobby is the killer - If we vote out you and i'm killed overnight - tomorrows playlist looks like

GJ
Bobby
Sharp Suit
Joans
Gaz

If people then for example vote for Gaz and he's not the killer then the next day could look like

Bobby
Sharp Suit
Joans

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:18 
8-Bit Champion

Looking at that - I would be okay with voting you off and then finding out your not the killer because it would then basically end the game at the final day with 1 person + Sharp Suit and Joans and i'm already okay with one of them being the 'unspeaking' killer.

So if we dont get enough people on here to vote for Bobby I will switch to you before the day times out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:19 
8-Bit Champion

Quote:
Who are the quiet ones?
Array
(
[santanalian] => 44
[zaphod79] => 29
[gazchap] => 21
[goddess jasmine] => 19
[bobbyaro] => 12
[joans] => 4
[sharp suit] => 4
[grim...] => 3
[curiositree] => 2
[cras kringle] => 1
)

Characters:

Array
(
[zaphod79] => 21652
[santanalian] => 11581
[gazchap] => 6117
[bobbyaro] => 4411
[goddess jasmine] => 3948
[sharp suit] => 1667
[grim...] => 1209
[joans] => 1162
[curiositree] => 459
[cras kringle] => 25

Basically between us we've posted more today than everyone else put together :-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:31 
8-Bit Champion

bobbyaro: 2 (Santanalian, zaphod79)
santanalian: 3 (Sharp Suit, GazChap, Goddess Jasmine)

Not voted: 2 (bobbyaro, joans)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:32 
Bad Girl

zaphod79 wrote:
FYI other trigger points for me are when people complement me on how well i'm doing or have done at the game - and you've done that a number of times - i'm typically a bad player on here - i've only won a few times and when Mr Dave used to do his long posts about who was the best player and who was the worst I was typically at the bottom of the list.

You ain't no Mr Dave, but your logic makes sense on this ocassion. And with no one else contributing I reckon your idea is better than going off a "feeling" about the other players.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:33 
Bad Girl

zaphod79 wrote:
If people then for example vote for Gaz and he's not the killer then the next day could look like

Bobby
Sharp Suit
Joans

If it makes it to a 3rd day, that's going to be as bad a finale than the X-Factor.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:36 
8-Bit Champion

Santanalian wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

Bobby
Sharp Suit
Joans

If it makes it to a 3rd day, that's going to be as bad a finale than the X-Factor.

Thats the thing - if you use the same process and we dont vote someone out today then the final day we can get a vote would end for example being

Bobby
Sharp Suit
Joans
GJ

Bobby and GJ vote against each other and then you need *both* Sharp Suit and Joans to actually vote , vote for the same person , and vote for the right one.

So although we should have 3 goes at getting the random killer I actually think we really only have 2 which is today and tomorrow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:45 
Bad Girl

You might as well pull the plug because, guess what, no talkies are coming back before 12.

Unless Bobby is waiting for you to do it, so he doesn't look like the bad guy.

It'll be the one day he hasn't voted and you're killing an elf!

God bless him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:48 
8-Bit Champion

Santanalian wrote:
You might as well pull the plug because, guess what, no talkies are coming back before 12.

Unless Bobby is waiting for you to do it, so he doesn't look like the bad guy.

It'll be the one day he hasn't voted and you're killing an elf!

God bless him.

20 minutes left - Gaz is still around but him switching doesnt help - we would need 2 people and I think your right we're not getting them before the end of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:55 

Willing to switch to Bobby if necessary.

Santanalian - what's Kermit the Frog's night action then?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 13:00 
8-Bit Champion

I guess a last ramble.

There is one confirmed bad guy left - the Demented Elf.

There are potentially 2 hidden roles around but we have no idea what they are

For the Demented Elf to win they need to kill all the remaining elves.

I *think* the most likely person for the Demented Elf is Bobby
The next person in my list is Santanalian - and he's probably going to be gone in a minute or two and I expect to be taken out overnight.

If Santanalian is not the demented Elf it means that between Gaz / Bobby / Sharp Suit / Joans / GJ you need to come together and vote to remove someone else - I think that voting each day to remove someone from the game is something that helps the Demented Elf but that could be a wrong assumption.

There should be 2 more attempts after today to remove them *USE THEM* - dont let the day time out - vote and at least try to do something.

And finally talk - because sometimes the baddies will say something they dont mean to say or they will be just that little bit too cocky and slip up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 13:01 
8-Bit Champion

GazChap wrote:
Willing to switch to Bobby if necessary.

Santanalian - what's Kermit the Frog's night action then?

Being green and looking like the Grinch ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 13:02 
8-Bit Champion

Lets roll the dice then

[vote:Santanalian]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next