Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Xmas Scum Day Three
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 13:58 
Sleepyhead

It's been a bad few days at the North Pole, and it's about to get worse!! Squirt has been put on the Naughty List and has left in disgrace! Oh no!

Squirt was an elf.

There's someone else missing. It's Cras Kringle. He's left a brief note.

Quote:
I'm sorry I was grumpy, but I have seen the error of my ways!

Cras Kringle was Scrooge! He was saved by the power of marketing!

[playerlist]
zaphod79
Grim...
gospvg
GazChap
Santanalian
Bobbyaro
Trooper
Mr Russell Sprouts
Joans
DavPaz
Sharp Suit
Goddess Jasmine
[/playerlist]

12 people. 7 votes for a naughty list.

Day ends Friday at 7pm.

Post subject: Re: Xmas Scum Day Three
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 14:27 
Unpossible!

Oh merry hell, what rotten luck,
To lose so many friends.
Our voting has been on the side of suck,
Let's hope the bad run ends!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 14:30 

[vote:joans]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 14:37 

The demented Elf attacked Squirt
So the Mafia did not attack last night?

Probably because the town is doing such a good job of killing the elfs they don't have to come on lets get our shit together & take out the mafia.

Why the sudden switch yesterday to Silent Night, need to look back yesterday to see who started that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 14:47 

Santanalian said yesterday

Voting for Joans will not help the town. I'd suggest he's no more than an elf otherwise he'd get more involved. The town needs to take a better punt lest we get overwhelmed. The mafia has a vested interest in us voting for Joans because it distracts from the bigger picture of finding baddies.

You were wrong it was Silent Night who was the elf, so what do you know?

Jasmine said yesterday
In the interests of not missing an opportunity;

To kill another elf Jasmine?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 14:50 

Following my last post I am letting Joans off the hook for now I suggest we go for either Santanalian, Jasmine or Bobbyaro who started off the switch to Silent Night

[vote:Goddess Jasmine]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 14:57 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Right, so you are going to "let Joans off" implying you no longer think he is bad, but suggest we should vote for the people who led the vote away from him, the person who you think is good.

If you are a bad guy, I applaud you, if you are a good guy, you are allowing the bad guys to hide behind your nonsense logic. All they need to do is poke holes in your logic and they look like they are helping.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 15:10 
Bad Girl

Ok, I was wrong. Sorry about that. But I did say I was having a punt at someone who had voted for Joans rather than it being based on any evidence.

To be fair, I do still think that Joans is probably just an Elf and not voting for him is reasonably sound logic. It's just I picked the wrong person and a load of people jumped on it. If I was everyone who isn't me then I'd be looking at those who jumped on my misconceived bandwagon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 15:13 
Bad Girl

Also, why the fuck did SilentNight not role claim or do anything other than "Nah, I'm an elf"!!! It just beggers belief really. I'm sure had he fought his corner, explained his previous votes and so on that there wouldn't have been eight people voting for him. I mean, really!?

Either, he wasn't interested or was busy, but still, the lack of communication from him lead to his lynching rather than anything I'd done. What a nob.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 15:17 
ugvm'er at heart...

My FOS is tingly for three people at the moment.

Santanalian for the initiation of the protection of Joans, on what looked like it was building to a Joans lynch.
Joans, for being that protected person.
Gospvg, for just general random statements of tenuous logic, and being wrong on pretty much everything so far :D

Out of those, I think the person doing the most harm to the town at the moment is [vote:gospvg]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 16:30 

Trooper wrote:
My FOS is tingly for three people at the moment.

Santanalian for the initiation of the protection of Joans, on what looked like it was building to a Joans lynch.
Joans, for being that protected person.
Gospvg, for just general random statements of tenuous logic, and being wrong on pretty much everything so far :D

Out of those, I think the person doing the most harm to the town at the moment is [vote:gospvg]

Day One gospvg said Kovac was not Mafia - Was I wrong?
Day Two gospvg said go for Joans - Only time will tell if he was right on him or not?
Day Three I am suspicious of the people who said the quotes I quoted above - how is that wrong?

I still think Joans is not Town but it does not help with him not playing the game or not responding.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 16:52 
Bad Girl

Trooper wrote:

Why is this such a bad thing? He already came in and said I'm probably not going to get involved in the game. Frankly, if that's the case, then he should be imploded by the powers that be. I'm surprised Games Master hasn't already had a discussion about whether to terminate him given his last post. His 2nd post. His 2nd post in 3 game days...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 16:53 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

gospvg wrote:
I still think Joans is not Town but it does not help with him not playing the game or not responding.

And by not playing the game - even if he is on the towns side he's hindering because we're all talking about him again

So If Joans is town then he's a help for the baddies and a hindrance for the town
If Joans is a baddie then he's doing great :-)

Without knowing who the 'up to 2' special roles are we dont know what else might be going on but there are 15 people left and at least 4 (or exactly 4?) bad ones

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 16:56 
Awesome
Yes

As zaphod is the master of true talkery, and we always say it, and never do it, I will also [vote:Joans]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 16:57 
Awesome
Yes

And by 'it' I mean 'lynch the quiet ones trying to slip under the radar'.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:01 
Bad Girl

Hang about - can't we get a decision from Games Master about self imploding Joans first before deciding what to do? It's infinitely unfair to everyone else who is turning up and contributing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:02 
ugvm'er at heart...

Do we actually believe Joans is bad? If we do we should vote him off, but if we don't we should go with someone we think is bad.
Yes, being quiet doesn't help the town, but voting off someone who we don't think is a bad guy is even worse, isn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:03 
Bad Girl

That's what I said yesterday!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:04 

zaphod79 wrote:
gospvg wrote:

And by not playing the game - even if he is on the towns side he's hindering because we're all talking about him again

So If Joans is town then he's a help for the baddies and a hindrance for the town
If Joans is a baddie then he's doing great :-)

Without knowing who the 'up to 2' special roles are we dont know what else might be going on but there are 15 people left and at least 4 (or exactly 4?) bad ones

15?

[playerlist]
zaphod79
Grim...
gospvg
GazChap
Santanalian
Bobbyaro
Trooper
Mr Russell Sprouts
Joans
DavPaz
Sharp Suit
Goddess Jasmine
[/playerlist]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:04 

Trooper wrote:
Do we actually believe Joans is bad? If we do we should vote him off, but if we don't we should go with someone we think is bad.
Yes, being quiet doesn't help the town, but voting off someone who we don't think is a bad guy is even worse, isn't it?

The note I got says yes she is bad but that note could have come from the Mafia.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:06 

I suggest we don't rush lynch anyone we have until tomorrow 7pm let make use of that time.

[vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:07 
Bad Girl

gospvg wrote:
Trooper wrote:

The note I got says yes she is bad but that note could have come from the Mafia.

What day did you get that message?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:08 
Unpossible!

A quiet elf is his own worst enemy,
And gets votes like dogs get bones.
Our hairless friend could avoid emnity,
By just talking more, Jones.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:09 
8-Bit Champion

Santanalian wrote:

Yes and then we voted off a goodie.

Put it this way

I dont know if Joans is bad

If he is bad then he'll possibly win the game for his team (or given whats happened so far has already won?), and doing this is perfectly within the rules - he's posted each day and is contributing - he doesnt need to do any more.

If he is good , the fact that he's not taking part (he didnt vote on day 1 or even last night when people started to switch away from him) is bad for the town - its a vote that 'cannot' be cast and it makes it easier for the baddies to hide.

Also we're *again* spending all this time and effort talking about Joans instead of trying to find out anything else - its a distraction we can do without.

If we dont vote Joans off - and we choose someone else - then we'll have this exact same conversation tomorrow !

Thoughts on hidden roles - I think theres probably a good and bad one and i'm thinking it could be Santa and the Grinch ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:10 

Did anyone receive any notes overnight?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:10 

Santanalian wrote:
gospvg wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Day One night

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:11 
8-Bit Champion

gospvg wrote:

Your correct - it was 15 yesterday - so with 4 bads one in every 3 people out there is a baddie !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:12 
8-Bit Champion

zaphod79 wrote:
gospvg wrote:

Your correct - it was 15 yesterday - so with 4 bads one in every 3 people out there is a baddie !

Sorry that should be with at least 4 bads as there may be more

gospvg wrote:
Santanalian wrote:

Day One night

Isnt that different to what you claimed yesterday ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:13 
ugvm'er at heart...

gospvg wrote:
Santanalian wrote:
gospvg wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Day One night

Wait, what? What exactly did it say? And how would the note giver know anything like that? They don't have investigation powers as far as we know, do they? Plus it was Day one. It has to be bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:15 
8-Bit Champion

Posts about messages yesterday

Subject: Xmas Scum Day Two

Santanalian wrote:
I received a note, but it didn't say who it was from. It named someone in the note as being good but, to be fair, it could have come from the bad elf or a good elf.

Subject: Xmas Scum Day Two

gospvg wrote:
I got a note yesterday which said "Merry Christmas!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:16 

Also going back to my earlier post

1 Mafia Infiltrator
You report to the Don. Each night you can sneak into Santa’s Christmas Grotto and add someone to the Naughty List. they will be removed from the game in disgrace.

1 Demented Elf
You’ve always been slightly unhinged, but the death of three of your elf brethren has pushed you over the edge. You can no longer distinguish reality and dreams. Each night you will kill someone. If you fail to kill someone then your odd desires will not be sated and you will die of a brain explosion. Your win condition is ‘Not So Merry’

So the demented elf attack only overnight.

Also another point to note overnight
Cras Kringle was Scrooge! He was saved by the power of marketing!

Go back to the start of Day Two there was no saved by the power of marketing post? Only the two kills by the Mafia & demented Elf.
Oh. Not yay for Nickachu.

He has been strung up by the neck with tinsel, and is very dead indeed.

Nickachu was a Note Passing Elf

Also missing is someone else. They have been added to the Naughty List and have left in shame.

Poor SDG.

SDG was an Elf

So whoever the marketing person went for on day one overnight was either the Don or an Elf?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:18 
ugvm'er at heart...

zaphod79 wrote:
Santanalian wrote:

Yes and then we voted off a goodie.

Put it this way

I dont know if Joans is bad

If he is bad then he'll possibly win the game for his team (or given whats happened so far has already won?), and doing this is perfectly within the rules - he's posted each day and is contributing - he doesnt need to do any more.

If he is good , the fact that he's not taking part (he didnt vote on day 1 or even last night when people started to switch away from him) is bad for the town - its a vote that 'cannot' be cast and it makes it easier for the baddies to hide.

Also we're *again* spending all this time and effort talking about Joans instead of trying to find out anything else - its a distraction we can do without.

If we dont vote Joans off - and we choose someone else - then we'll have this exact same conversation tomorrow !

Thoughts on hidden roles - I think theres probably a good and bad one and i'm thinking it could be Santa and the Grinch ?

Good argument, to be fair.

I'd be happy to go with a Gospvg or Joans vote, at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:19 

zaphod79 wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
gospvg wrote:

Sorry that should be with at least 4 bads as there may be more

gospvg wrote:
Santanalian wrote:

Day One night

Isnt that different to what you claimed yesterday ?

I got two notes on day one night, the merry xmas & the Joans note which could have come from the elf genius or mafia note passer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:19 
8-Bit Champion

gospvg wrote:

The Mafia put people on the naughty list - the demented elf kills - squirt 'left' therefore he was targetted by the Mafia and *not* the demented killer.

The Demented killer did not blow up therefore they attacked the mafia don ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:21 
8-Bit Champion

gospvg wrote:
I got two notes on day one night, the merry xmas & the Joans note which could have come from the elf genius or mafia note passer.

The Elf genius cannot pass notes

Quote:
1 Elf Occasional Genius
You are an elf and you love Xmas. You also, occasionally, are struck with a moment of supreme insight. You can ask the GM (via PM) during the day or night if a statement made that day was true or not. Be careful how you phrase your question, as only as True or False answer can be given. Also, any attempt to be too smart and find out more than one truthful statement will result in some form of poetic justice. Once you use this power, you cannot use it for the next two day phases. Your win condition is ‘Xmas’

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:22 

zaphod79 wrote:
gospvg wrote:

The Mafia put people on the naughty list - the demented elf kills - squirt 'left' therefore he was targetted by the Mafia and *not* the demented killer.

The Demented killer did not blow up therefore they attacked the mafia don ?

Good point so if the demented killer attacks the same person they did last night then that would be the don gone but would it be in their favour to do that or not when essentially they have the same win condition?

Bad Girl

Are we really just believing without question that Gos got two notes on the same night?

zaphod79 wrote:
gospvg wrote:

The Elf genius cannot pass notes

Quote:
1 Elf Occasional Genius
You are an elf and you love Xmas. You also, occasionally, are struck with a moment of supreme insight. You can ask the GM (via PM) during the day or night if a statement made that day was true or not. Be careful how you phrase your question, as only as True or False answer can be given. Also, any attempt to be too smart and find out more than one truthful statement will result in some form of poetic justice. Once you use this power, you cannot use it for the next two day phases. Your win condition is ‘Xmas’

Sorry elf note passer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:24 

Santanalian wrote:
Are we really just believing without question that Gos got two notes on the same night?

1st note

You receive a note:

Quote:
Merry Christmas!

2nd note

The mafia has a bad guy he goes by the name Joans

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:25 
ugvm'er at heart...

Santanalian wrote:

Not in the slightest, I haven't changed my vote!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:26 
Bad Girl

Nah, I'm not buying this at all.

Firstly, he's all over the place.

Secondly, two notes on the same night when he claimed a "Merry Christmas!" note earlier with no mention of another note.

I'll tell you now that my note on night 1 said that Gos was good and I had to say that he was good in the forum on day 2 and the note maker would agree then I would be "Recruited". What garbage. I reckon that Gos sent me that message.

Something ain't right.

[vote: gospvg]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:27 

Trooper wrote:
Santanalian wrote:

Not in the slightest, I haven't changed my vote!

I think you are voting too soon there is enough time left yet for the town to try and gather information. The day does not end until 7pm tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:27 
Bad Girl

gospvg wrote:
Santanalian wrote:

1st note

You receive a note:

Quote:
Merry Christmas!

2nd note

If you just copied and pasted that, then why is there no "Quote" between 2nd note and the text!?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:28 
ugvm'er at heart...

gospvg wrote:

2nd note

This has to either be a note from the mafia elf, or is bullshit. Why would a good elf send a note like this? It is obviously made up as there is no way they can know (according to the rules we know about) and would only cause confusion at best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:30 

Thinking about it the note must be from the Mafia because they are the only players that can talk to each other. The elf note passer sent me the merry christmas message. The mafia infiltrator can asks the questions and get the answers he wants & then via the mafia note passer pass whatever he wants on because they can communicate.

On that logic I would say that makes Joans town?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:32 

Santanalian wrote:
gospvg wrote:
Santanalian wrote:

1st note

You receive a note:

Quote:
Merry Christmas!

2nd note

If you just copied and pasted that, then why is there no "Quote" between 2nd note and the text!?

I only copied & pasted the text. Full quote below

You receive another note!

Quote:
The mafia has a bad guy
he goes by the name Joans.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:32 

Trooper wrote:
gospvg wrote:

2nd note

This has to either be a note from the mafia elf, or is bullshit. Why would a good elf send a note like this? It is obviously made up as there is no way they can know (according to the rules we know about) and would only cause confusion at best.

Agreed the elf sent me the Merry Xmas message.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:33 

So did anyone get a note yesterday night?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:34 
ugvm'er at heart...

gospvg wrote:
The mafia infiltrator can asks the questions and get the answers he wants & then via the mafia note passer pass whatever he wants on because they can communicate.

Ummm... what?

"1 Mafia Infiltrator
You report to the Don. Each night you can sneak into Santa’s Christmas Grotto and add someone to the Naughty List. they will be removed from the game in disgrace."

Ask questions? Get answers?

Come on Gospvg, you need a better story than that, next attempt? :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 17:35 

Trooper wrote:
gospvg wrote:
The mafia infiltrator can asks the questions and get the answers he wants & then via the mafia note passer pass whatever he wants on because they can communicate.

Ummm... what?

"1 Mafia Infiltrator
You report to the Don. Each night you can sneak into Santa’s Christmas Grotto and add someone to the Naughty List. they will be removed from the game in disgrace."

Ask questions? Get answers?

Come on Gospvg, you need a better story than that, next attempt? :D

sorry getting confused with the Elf Genius role I thought the infiltrator had the same power to ask questions.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next