Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blind Scum 3 Day 4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:08 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Lulz - imagine what it's going to be like for SDG and Jazzy when they walk into this clusterfuck!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:14 
Gogmagog

I am not eating anyone
Grim... is lying as He is anti town.
Do not lynch mali.
He will laugh at you all.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:18 
baron of techno

Grim... wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
, most important the one I quoted in my last post.

Oh, sorry, did I not make it clear that Mali's eating people? Oh, I did? And it made not one bit of difference? Okay, good!

Based on WHAT?

Quote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
Which appears to be a comment from Zaphod towards MaliA, but as Kalmar says, How could Morte have known anything, Morte is not dead* (as far as we know) and Zaphod only gets 3 words from a dead person.

Can you honestly, even if you try really hard, not think of how to communicate "Mali's eating me" in three words? Oh wait!

Bobby's rather good point is that if he's been eaten, he'd be dead - and then he'd be in the dead thread. But he isn't.

Quote:
Grim... wrote:
A rather helpful spirit has just pointed out that a certain dead psychic said "Would you like a drink to wash down some Morte or Davpaz?" when Mali appeared in the dead thread.

Which bit of that is so mind-bendingly complicated to comprehend, exactly?

Yes, because being a psychic, as everyone knows, automatically makes every random speculation you make 100% TRUFAX :D

Or can you ask Zaphod to clarify what the hell he meant and who said it and what they said?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:18 
Best
Board Mother

Grim... wrote:
Lulz - imagine what it's going to be like for SDG and Jazzy when they walk into this clusterfuck!

Too late. 8)

Erm.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:19 
baron of techno

MaliA wrote:
There were two cops. One good, one not so good. Kovacs was a not so good cult leader. It stands to reason as regards disappearances that there is a more competent leader who has targetted the wrong people and, unable to brainwash them, sticks them in a hole.

Inventive.
So far the massively persuasive cult leader is batting 0 for 4 in terms of recruitment then.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:21 
Gogmagog

kalmar wrote:
MaliA wrote:
There were two cops. One good, one not so good. Kovacs was a not so good cult leader. It stands to reason as regards disappearances that there is a more competent leader who has targetted the wrong people and, unable to brainwash them, sticks them in a hole.

Inventive.
So far the massively persuasive cult leader is batting 0 for 4 in terms of recruitment then.

Previously, they have struggled with non vanilla types, according to some reports.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:22 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

kalmar wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
, most important the one I quoted in my last post.

Oh, sorry, did I not make it clear that Mali's eating people? Oh, I did? And it made not one bit of difference? Okay, good!

Based on WHAT?

What Zaphod said. I'll keep pointing that out if I need to.

Kalmar wrote:
Bobby's rather good point is that if he's been eaten, he'd be dead - and then he'd be in the dead thread. But he isn't.

Unless eaten people don't go in the dead thread? I think it's pretty safe to assume that we shouldn't be assuming anything :S

Kalmar wrote:
Yes, because being a psychic, as everyone knows, automatically makes every random speculation you make 100% TRUFAX :D

No, apparently that's FUCKING ZOMBIES. But, helpfully, Mali confirmed that Zaphod did say that (or something a lot like it).

Kalmar wrote:
Or can you ask Zaphod to clarify what the hell he meant and who said it and what they said?

You can ask him yourself - in fact, you just did. No bugger wants to say anything because a) they don't trust anyone and b) it appears to be more fun to make me head asplode.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:22 
Isn't that lovely?

I don't think the missing people are being eaten, I think they are being kidnapped. That's why they are not in the dead thread, that's why they can't talk to us.

I imagine the kidnapper has to get so many to meet their target, and probably can't kidnap certain people.

I dread to think what happens to the victims if that happens?

Or, they have been kidnapped and burried alive, and there is someone who is trying to find them? and maybe they are dead if not found within a certain time period?

Or, they have been taken to another town?

The important thing is that I don't think they have been eaten (unless it's a Captain Ahab/Jonah situation) and people saying that's the most likely thing, are high on my list.

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:26 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Malc wrote:
The important thing is that I don't think they have been eaten (unless it's a Captain Ahab/Jonah situation) and people saying that's the most likely thing, are high on my list.

Can someone just explain to me why they think Zaphod is making this up?

It's not me that made it up, because otherwise Mali would have said "Grim...'s making that up" and not "Zaphod is wrong". So why aren't people believing him?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:30 
baron of techno

Grim... wrote:
Malc wrote:

Can someone just explain to me why they think Zaphod is making this up?

It's not me that made it up, because otherwise Mali would have said "Grim...'s making that up" and not "Zaphod is wrong". So why aren't people believing him?

No, I'm sure the report is accurate, it's all just very shaky. Zaphod may well have been guessing.

You backing it up saying it's a dead cert because zaphod would have heard from whoever MaliA "ate" on day one falls down at so many hurdles it's not even funny.

So personally I'm discounting it until we either get some further verification or better arguments. Chances are MaliA will belm up and implicate himself the way he's been going so far :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:31 
Gogmagog

This is quite the peculiar situation where I am town, doing the best I can for the town, get shot by the mafia or other undesirable, and the town, including the dead ones, all want to kill me and listen to some half wit ranting on about my eating people as i am a zombie even though i only have been for one night. Totes amaze. Look at the information i have put forward, town, look. It is beginning to stack up, and grim... is trying to stop it. Not by argument, but by shouting HE EATS PEOPLE.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:35 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Firstly, malc - Why is an unknown kidnapper more likely than a known zombie eating people?

Right, Grim...

Zaphod gets 3 words from a dead person.
In a normal situation a person who is killed does not know who has killed them, however we have established that in this game those rules may be out with the cop/investigation thing discussed earlier.

However, this is the crux of the matter - as you stated eariler - the "Vanished Ones" are not dead (or at least not in the dead thread)
Dead people in dead thread
Zaphod dead
Zaphod in dead thread
Saturnalian dead
Saturnalian in dead thread
TFF dead
TFF dead thread

Morte not in dead thread
Morte not dead?
TV not in dead thread
TV not dead

1 Townie Amateur Psychic - zaphod79

You have no night action, but every time someone dies you will hear their final thoughts, which will form a maximum of three words. Your win condition is Town.

please explain how Zaphod could know how MaliA was eating someone, but not killing (WTF) and making them disappear.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:36 

PS, this is hilarious!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:38 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

kalmar wrote:
No, I'm sure the report is accurate, it's all just very shaky. Zaphod may well have been guessing.

Yeah, he may have been. I guess that's why it makes more sense to go with guesses from other people?

kalmar wrote:
You backing it up saying it's a dead cert

Ahem. I did what now?

kalmar wrote:
because zaphod would have heard from whoever MaliA "ate" on day one falls down at so many hurdles it's not even funny.

I'm just telling you what he said. The other little thing that's probably worth bearing in mind is that zombies, you know zombies? They don't eat at McDonalds, do they?

Kalmar wrote:
Chances are MaliA will belm up and implicate himself the way he's been going so far :)

Like when he lied about being a zombie? Like when he lied about Saturnalian saying I wasn't a townie?

HEAD FUCKING DESK FUCKING REPEAT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:38 
Gogmagog

I just re-read it. Zaphod was suspicious from the off as i said i was a zombie and thinks i have been from day one and keeping quiet. He thinks this because i have been playing lollipop chainsaw of late and on day one was writing cheerleading things. I did not pick up on it at the time, but grim.. certainly has and run with it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:40 
Gogmagog

Deleted a sentence. In the dead thread i said i was a zombie and then . Asked the tff and zaphod what they new. He thinks i have been a zombie from day one, which i have not.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:41 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

MaliA wrote:
I just re-read it. Zaphod was suspicious from the off as i said i was a zombie and thinks i have been from day one and keeping quiet. He thinks this because i have been playing lollipop chainsaw of late and on day one was writing cheerleading things. I did not pick up on it at the time, but grim.. certainly has and run with it.

That's simply not true. Zaph didn't say anything about cheerleaders or Lollipop Chainsaw. He said the thing about the drinks, and then felt the need to say "Oi, Grim..." and quote himself saying it.

Not that this will make a blind bit of difference, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:44 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Bobbyaro wrote:
please explain how Zaphod could know how MaliA was eating someone, but not killing (WTF) and making them disappear.

I have no idea. But I do know that Mali has been lying about stuff (and has just done it again). And I know it makes sense that zombies eat people.

If you're so certain you know what can and can't happen, why don't you just tell us what's happening?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:45 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Bobbyaro wrote:
PS, this is hilarious!

Honestly, if you think it's complicated for you, imagine having to do it twice - in a thread that isn't split by days that's 50% full of people jeering at you :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:50 
Gogmagog

Grim... wrote:
MaliA wrote:

That's simply not true. Zaph didn't say anything about cheerleaders or Lollipop Chainsaw. He said the thing about the drinks, and then felt the need to say "Oi, Grim..." and quote himself saying it.

Not that this will make a blind bit of difference, of course.

Bullshit:

He said at 11-17 on friday about thinking i was turned on day one and thinking this because of lollipop chainsaw.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 21:51 
Gogmagog

Grim... wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
PS, this is hilarious!

Honestly, if you think it's complicated for you, imagine having to do it twice - in a thread that isn't split by days that's 50% full of people jeering at you :)

50%? I dream of 50

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 22:10 

[vote:Malia]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 22:26 
baron of techno

Grim... wrote:
kalmar wrote:

Yeah, he may have been. I guess that's why it makes more sense to go with guesses from other people?

kalmar wrote:
You backing it up saying it's a dead cert

Ahem. I did what now?

"did I not make it clear that Mali's eating people"
That doesn't look like you're canvassing for opinion, AND you've been making up wild stuff trying to support it ever since! I'm happy to accept MaliA is a badun, but as it stands he's a known unknown that we can probably park for another day. If nothing else for the comedy value.

Quote:
kalmar wrote:
because zaphod would have heard from whoever MaliA "ate" on day one falls down at so many hurdles it's not even funny.

I'm just telling you what he said. The other little thing that's probably worth bearing in mind is that zombies, you know zombies? They don't eat at McDonalds, do they?

Yeah yeah, when it turns out we shouldn't have lynched him you'll be all "oh, well, you trusted what Zaphod said".
Anyway, nonsense, you've backed it up with:
MaliZomb "EATS PEOPLE" but rather than leaving gnawed remains they mysteriously vanish, apparently don't die but apparently CAN pass on their dying wishes to the psychic, and not only that but he managed to do this for two nights PRIOR to him being zombified, and in fact it's the very first night when a jocular remark, so far not elaborated upon, convinced you of all this.

Right?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 22:34 
Gogmagog

It is almost as if nobody listens to poor old zombie mali.

A couple of days ago he was happy vanilla townie at home. Then, night before last, there was a knick at the door, he was shot by someone, and another person then raised him from the dead. Finding himself able to communicate with the departed, he tries his best to prevent this happening to others but is met with suspicion and fear everywhere he goes. The people he is trying to help think he is bad even though he has done the most towards compiling a list of bad people who do not want the town to win and come up with a hypothesis about why other people are disappeared and not dead. After all this, the town believes someone with a win condition that is not town who says malia eats people and us bad, and another who thinks he is bad as he is a zombie.

It has not been his days, really. Poor malia.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 23:33 
It's all pish

kalmar wrote:
Chances are MaliA will belm up and implicate himself the way he's been going so far :)

I can only postulate that you're either incredibly forgiving of Mali's ongoing Belming juggernaut so far, or you're somehow dependant on him surviving.

Xbox Live & Game Centre ID - MalcSeventyFour
You're not allowed to be better than me, though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 23:51 
baron of techno

Malc74 wrote:
kalmar wrote:

I can only postulate that you're either incredibly forgiving of Mali's ongoing Belming juggernaut so far, or you're somehow dependant on him surviving.

O I agree he's dodgy as H-E-double-hockey-sticks!
I'd just rather base lynching him on a hunch or a roll of the dice, rather than non-credible bluster from yet another suspicious character who stands to gain from him being killed (er, again).

For now I prefer that we have two dubious links to the afterlife rather than just one, as they do sometimes agree.

However if Zaphod feels like feeding anything plausible through to substantiate his comment, I'd be happy to lynch MaliA today.

Grim... are you intending to do the trance thing?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:19 
MaliA wrote:
It is almost as if nobody listens to poor old zombie mali.

When are zombies ever a good thing. And all they seem to make is incomprehensible nonsense. Ly vote stands.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:22 
Ready for action

Err... I've spent my day plumbing in a sink and am now slightly tipsy, only to load up the forum and find six pages of I don't even know what...
First impressions...MaliA posted a list of people and what he thinks their roles are. Any baddies who see a list tend to argue with it. So who argued with it? (Unless of course they're a baddy who've been wrongly identified as a goody on the list, then they don't argue!)
Secondly, I'm not really sure what's going on with the MaliA and grim roles, grim seems to be sharing more stuff from the dead thread yet freely admits his win condition isn't town. Grim, can we vote you off if you go into a coma? Or does that basically mean you've won if you chose the right side, since you are then unkillable? Also, if MaliA was lynched, would Craster tell you who the other mafia are in the dead thread so you can join them? If so, that's a bit worrying. Surely that makes a town win impossible for us?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:30 
Ready for action

Also bobby, three people voted for alarm after me so I hardly jumped in on the end, and you didn't vote for him at all so you're logic is flawed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:24 
It's all pish

Right, I'm off to bed. This gargantuan belmphoon of a day will be over by the time I wake up tomorrow. All I can say is that there needs to be a vote - my personal selection is Mali because he's done nothing but lie for two solid days. Oh yeah, and he's a FUCKING ZOMBIE.
But what the hell do I know? I must be mafia because... because... oh yeah, I remember - because I don't believe a word he says.
That's the sum total of his suspicions, by the way. Go back and read the thread again. Just remember to prune out all his lies, half-truths and exaggerations (like how he crucified me in several posts about being one of the last to vote for Alarm, when I was actually slap-bang in the middle of the voting.)
Mali is as bad as they come. The fact that almost half-a-dozen people in this thread can't see that makes me very worried about what's going to happen tomorrow if he survives (again).
Good night, and good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:29 
It's all pish

Oh, and let's not forget his random, desperate pile-on to sdg when he saw a)he was getting nowhere with me and b)bobby joining Kalmar's vote.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:58 
Best
Board Mother

Hmm, I'll be out of work just after 11, could do with a vote count really. I'll be back in a few.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:31 
Sleepyhead

Blind Scum 3 Day 4

VOTE UPDATE

grim...: 1 (Malc)
sdg: 3 (MaliA, kalmar, Slightly Green)
malia: 4 (Grim..., Malc74, nickachu, Bobbyaro)

Not voted: 2 (goddess jasmine, sdg)

With 10 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:32 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

@sdg I don't get to choose what person becomes my Mortal Kontact. Or I'd choose Mali for the lulz, obviously.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:35 
Gogmagog

Three things: Mali was right about SG. Malia was right about Craster (antepenultimate post day three). Mali was right about grim....

Mali saw an opportunity to get someone whom he thought, and was right about, did not have the town's best interests at heart and took it.

Mali has said who he thinks the non town people are as Trooper and Saturnalian have said. Malc74 is throwing all sorts at me to distract from this, as is Grim....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:36 
Gogmagog

T and s said who the town were so working backwards, not they said who was bad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:37 
Gogmagog

Remember this otherwise in the smoking ruins of Settlementville will be a plaque. The plaque will read "Mali was right. We did not listen".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:51 
Gogmagog

Grim... wrote:
@sdg I don't get to choose what person becomes my Mortal Kontact. Or I'd choose Mali for the lulz, obviously.

Heh. O/

"The anonymous Mortal Kontact says "cock off, fagballs""

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:54 
Gogmagog

Further, Day three, TYrooper said that those psuhig for the lynch (Grim..., nickachu, Craster, Malc74) were the "axis of evil". Since I think nikachu is good, that leaves Grim... Craster and malc74 and malc74. Post death, Craster replied and said that was nonsense... Craster, the mafiosi. protecting his own.

TFF thinks Grim.. is bad, Trooper thinks malc is also sus.

These are also the names on my lsit of people we should wattch out for. coincidence, much?

Zaphod has said he doesn't know the missing epople are being eaten, it was his hypothesis when I turned up "all rotten like" but he concedes it is jsut a guess albeit one "as good as any". TFF thnks I am good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:03 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Then why are you happy to vote for SDG?

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:09 
Gogmagog

Slightly Green wrote:
Then why are you happy to vote for SDG?

She's on my list of "people that I don't particularly trust" and I'#d rather have a lynch from that list than not have a lynch or me to be lynched. My real supicion does lie in Malc74, but that isn't gaining traction right now for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:13 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Hmm - if SDG is bad, why hasn't she voted for Mali? He's leading her in the voting and if she did it would put him one away from death. It's the obvious thing to do if you're evil - in fact, it's the obvious thing to do if you're not.

Maybe she's just confused as all Hell about what's been going on - which is fair enough. But if there is a neccymancer... Hmm.

Also - we really need to lynch someone. Having a day timeout for the second time with this few people left is stupid - as Craster puts it: "So, no lynch again? What a shame. Sucks to be you guys."

If it comes to it, I'll switch at 11:50. But really, other people should be switching first.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:14 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

grim...: 1 (Malc)
sdg: 3 (MaliA, kalmar, Slightly Green)
malia: 4 (Grim..., Malc74, nickachu, Bobbyaro)

Not voted: 2 (goddess jasmine, sdg)

With 10 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/work.php

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

*pokes thread* Doesn't look like we will get a lynch.

[vote:MaliA]

Better to vote off someone who we know is dodgy than no one

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

SupaMod
Est. 1978

For what it's worth:

[vote: sdg]

SupaMod
Est. 1978

Haha fuck!

[vote:malia]

Gogmagog

I am town. You will see i am town.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:50 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Numbers-wise, I think we'd be better off looking for a "last vote" on SDG rather than Mali, as Mali isn't going to vote for himself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:51 
Gogmagog

Too fucking right I am not. The amount of work I have done to try and save the town.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:51 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Grim... wrote:
Numbers-wise, I think we'd be better off looking for a "last vote" on SDG rather than Mali, as Mali isn't going to vote for himself.

Oh no wait, it would be 4 rather than 5. IGNORE.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next