Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Christmas Scum Day 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 18:14 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Dawn breaks on the second day. A small, dejected figure sits cross-legged in the snow, his curly hair blowing in waves around his face shiny bonce reflecting the snowscape all around. He sobs. He's not getting any presents this year, because he's been put on the naughty list. A lump of coal is all that awaits him this Christmas day.

Around his feet are littered his few prized possessions - a jotter, a rubber-tipped pencil, a set of plastic bangkok hooker lips, and a secret decoder ring. Joans was a Super Junior Investigator.

[playerlist]
TheFireFaerie
Slightly Green
Goddess Jasmine
Malc74
Trooper
Curiosity
MaliA
KovacsC
Saturnalian
Bobbyaro
Alarm
sdg
Malc
kalmar
zaphod79
nickachu
Grim...
Squirt
[/playerlist]

With 18 players, 10 votes are needed to put someone on the naughty list, or 10 novotes are needed to end the day without a vote. If you do that we'll still be playing this game next fucking Christmas. Day 2 will end Thursday 6pm.

Post subject: Re: Christmas Scum Day 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 18:52 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Oh noes!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 18:53 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

We needed Joans to help wire up all these fairy lights too!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 18:58 
baron of techno

Rubbish :(
At least this way he's still alive..

Hey I don't mind if we're still playing this next Christmas, I like Christmas!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 18:58 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Bugger :(

So the bad un's got lucky last night or did Joans give anything away, going to have a read over from yesterdays thread

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 19:01 
Ready for action

I'm sticking with yesterday's suspicions so I'll vote either slightly green, nickachu or trooper. Who got Joan's?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 19:11 
Gogmagog

[vote:bobbyaro] for the same reasons as yesterday.Now playtime is over and we are a super sleigh down, we need to start voting, as they got an easy hit last night. I think trooper is OK, but s d g pushing for him, makes me suspect her as well as Goblin Green Goblinyaro.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 19:14 
It's all pish

Bugger. That's an incredibly lucky hit for the baddies.

Xbox Live & Game Centre ID - MalcSeventyFour
You're not allowed to be better than me, though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 19:17 
It's all pish

MaliA wrote:
[vote:bobbyaro] for the same reasons as yesterday.Now playtime is over and we are a super sleigh down, we need to start voting, as they got an easy hit last night. I think trooper is OK, but s d g pushing for him, makes me suspect her as well as Goblin Green Goblinyaro.

I'm willing to go with this, for want of anything better to do.
The caveat being that if Bobby turns out to be a good'un, you'll be top of my FoS list.
[vote:bobbyaro]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 19:20 
baron of techno

MaliA wrote:
Now playtime is over

Shan't!

[vote: MaliA]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 19:26 
Ready for action

[vote:Trooper]. I thought he was dodgy yesterday acting like the Grinch. Why do that if you're a goody, knowing it brings attention to you. Certainly wouldn't be the behaviour of a good power role. So I think he's a baddy trying to be clever.
MaliA what makes you think trooper is ok? I personally don't know who I think is good, despite having suspicions of three people I can't say for sure I trust everyone else, so it's weird you feel you do. Also, why does me voting for trooper make you suspicious of me when you are behaving exactly the same way toward Bobbyaro?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 19:39 
ugvm'er at heart...

Fucknuggets, poor Joans :(

I'm hoping that santa investogated me last night, I would have done if I was him, so at least one other person should know i'm good.

Seriously SDG, why would I obviously act like the grinch if I was the grinch? All I did was do a few poems in a christmas grinch based story!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 19:49 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Double bluff, innit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 19:50 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

I am very suspicious of everyone who is voting today so far. Not one of you has gone back and looked at yesterday. You knew nothing yesterday. Your only ability to gain knowledge is to use yesterday's voting patterns and conversations. You haven't done this, ergo you STILL know NOTHING! People saying things like, "Bobby was suss yesterday"; WTF? It was day one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 19:56 
ugvm'er at heart...

Bobbyaro wrote:
I am very suspicious of everyone who is voting today so far. Not one of you has gone back and looked at yesterday. You knew nothing yesterday. Your only ability to gain knowledge is to use yesterday's voting patterns and conversations. You haven't done this, ergo you STILL know NOTHING! People saying things like, "Bobby was suss yesterday"; WTF? It was day one.

Did anyone vote for joans yesterday? did he vote? Did he even talk much? I can't recall him saying very much of anything at all, so i'm not sure how much help yesterday is going to be.

I shall go read.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 20:07 
baron of techno

He said not much. Two posts, one of them apologising for not saying much.

Bobby, you roleclaimed as having an investigative role yesterday! And amazingl you're still here today.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 20:09 
Ready for action

Trooper wrote:

I'm hoping that santa investogated me last night, I would have done if I was him, so at least one other person should know i'm good.

Seriously SDG, why would I obviously act like the grinch if I was the grinch? All I did was do a few poems in a christmas grinch based story!

So as you could hide in plain site, then laugh about it. What's your thoughts on nickachu?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 20:11 
ugvm'er at heart...

sdg wrote:
Trooper wrote:

So as you could hide in plain site, then laugh about it. What's your thoughts on nickachu?

I have no thoughts on him, he has neither done anything good or dodgy as far as I can see!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 20:41 

kalmar wrote:
He said not much. Two posts, one of them apologising for not saying much.

Bobby, you roleclaimed as having an investigative role yesterday! And amazingl you're still here today.

Errrr, seriously - I had hoped claiming to "have a day one investigative role that tells me who everyone i but not wanting to tell you all that so as not to spoil your fun" would come across as the joke it was meant to be.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 20:43 

@ Trooper, it doen't matter what Joans did or didn't say, Malia and Gilly and Malc74 all came in and instantly picked up where they left off yesterday where they knew nothing! The only way they could not know anything yesterday is if they aren't nice little girls and boys.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 20:46 
baron of techno

I know, but often "jokes" are far more amusing at the end of the game when it turns out you weren't joking...
If I was a bad guy, I'd have thought it worth a punt anyway :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 21:08 
ugvm'er at heart...

Bobbyaro wrote:
The only way they could not know anything yesterday is if they aren't nice little girls and boys.

Say again? In english :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 21:11 
Best
Board Mother

Oh no! That was a bit quick to be a useful man down. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 21:23 

Trooper wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
The only way they could not know anything yesterday is if they aren't nice little girls and boys.

Say again? In english :D

fixed! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 21:41 
Gogmagog

Trooper, I do not think Santa Himself would reveal his true identity so early. I' m still happy to see Bobby on the other list, though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 21:51 
ugvm'er at heart...

MaliA wrote:
Trooper, I do not think Santa Himself would reveal his true identity so early. I' m still happy to see Bobby on the other list, though.

I'm not sure I can see where I suggested Santa er should reveal his identity?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 21:52 
Excellent Member

Hmm. Poor Joans. A lucky guess, presumably?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 21:57 
Gogmagog

Trooper wrote:
MaliA wrote:

I meant "I do not think he would come and say that he totally investigated trooper"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 22:01 
ugvm'er at heart...

MaliA wrote:
Trooper wrote:
MaliA wrote:

I meant "I do not think he would come and say that he totally investigated trooper"

Yeah, I totally don't think he should do that either. But it wouldn't surprise me if I was investigated last night, is all im saying :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 22:15 
It's all pish

Bobbyaro wrote:
@ Trooper, it doen't matter what Joans did or didn't say, Malia and Gilly and Malc74 all came in and instantly picked up where they left off yesterday where they knew nothing! The only way they could not know anything yesterday is if they aren't nice little girls and boys.

How did I "pick up where I left off yesterday"? I didn't even make any accusations or vote yesterday! You talk about people making tenuous connections, but then you throw one out yourself!

My reasoning today is that we need to vote for someone. We're down a power goodie right away, which gives a huge advantage to the Grinch and his chumlets. There may now be as few as 2 good power roles left and as many as 6 baddies. As far as I'm concerned, if we vote for you and you're vanilla, Mali will be my next vote. If you're bad, then hurrah (and Kalmar would be the next logical vote (albeit tenuous) because he voted with you yesterday and has voted for Mali again today). If you're one of the remaining good power roles, then yeah... we're fucked, but we should have a much higher chance of hitting a power baddie than a power goodie at this point.

I'd rather do something than nothing, basically.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 22:24 
a creature of fathomless grace

Oh no! Poor Joans! *a little tear falls and lands on the snow*

And there goes one of our (and Santa's!) helpers :(

*twirls pigtails* but... there are other investigators, yes? So hopefully they now have some small bit of input for us after last night? Not that I want to ask anyone to jump right in and role claim, but a nudge nudge wink wink of info might be possible?... *stares hopefully into the snowy skies*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 22:24 
Ready for action

Bobby I don't really think we learned much of use yesterday, Joan's was too quiet to offer any help and everyone else apart from Baddies were voting on nothing. I have no one I can trust so I'm going with my own thoughts on trooper and suspicions on slightly green and nickachu that I got from day one. I don't claim to be correct, just that I'd rather vote based on my own thoughts rather than ones of someone I don't know I can trust.
Yesterday, trooper started talking like the grinch. There is no logical reason to do that. Slightly green and nickachu both made similar posts about not voting for trooper (or voting a different way, I can't remember the exact content.) the similarity of their posts made it seem to me that they had discussed elsewhere their tactics for moving the vote away from trooper. Therefore, I suspect trooper, slightly green and nickachu. There's my logic, hopefully everyone can see that even if I'm wrong, there is a sensible reason for me reaching my conclusions. I don't think I'll change my vote today.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 22:36 
Isn't that lovely?

I'm (still) with sdg on this one. Not much to go on, so initial hunches come to the fore.

[vote: trooper]

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 22:53 
ugvm'er at heart...

sdg wrote:
Bobby I don't really think we learned much of use yesterday, Joan's was too quiet to offer any help and everyone else apart from Baddies were voting on nothing. I have no one I can trust so I'm going with my own thoughts on trooper and suspicions on slightly green and nickachu that I got from day one. I don't claim to be correct, just that I'd rather vote based on my own thoughts rather than ones of someone I don't know I can trust.
Yesterday, trooper started talking like the grinch. There is no logical reason to do that. Slightly green and nickachu both made similar posts about not voting for trooper (or voting a different way, I can't remember the exact content.) the similarity of their posts made it seem to me that they had discussed elsewhere their tactics for moving the vote away from trooper. Therefore, I suspect trooper, slightly green and nickachu. There's my logic, hopefully everyone can see that even if I'm wrong, there is a sensible reason for me reaching my conclusions. I don't think I'll change my vote today.

So, your argument is basically that you are guessing that i'm bad, and anyone who disagrees with you is also bad? Also you can't remember the exact content, even though it is written down for anyone to check and repeat?

Shall I get you a tin foil hat?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 22:57 
Sleepyhead

I'd be very wary of any "Vote for X, then if it's wrong vote for Y then Z", as very often all three are misguided good kids, and the goblins are sat in the shadows laughing at them. If we end up going for Trooper and it's wrong, it doesn't mean MaliA is evil (and vice versa).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 23:58 
ugvm'er at heart...

Curiosity wrote:
I'd be very wary of any "Vote for X, then if it's wrong vote for Y then Z", as very often all three are misguided good kids, and the goblins are sat in the shadows laughing at them. If we end up going for Trooper and it's wrong, it doesn't mean MaliA is evil (and vice versa).

Completely agree, voting patterns at the moment are going to tell us much and we need to be wary of logical fallacies like that.
At the moment we might as well do another random vote and hope it gives us some info to look at tomorrow.

So...

[vote: curiosity]

:D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 0:05 
Sleepyhead

Trooper wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Completely agree, voting patterns at the moment are going to tell us much and we need to be wary of logical fallacies like that.
At the moment we might as well do another random vote and hope it gives us some info to look at tomorrow.

So...

[vote: curiosity]

Surprised it took you that long!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:28 
So we've lost a super investigator, that means we have 1 or 2 left? Hopefully Santa found out some useful news last night and can use it to get a start on those pesky goblins. I'm happy to [vote:bobbyaro] as there really isn't much to go on.

FoSsing Bobby, Malc and Gilly at the moment. Something just seems odd about them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:38 
Master of dodgy spelling....

That is not good...

I think I will settle to my default position of confused! :DD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:48 

nickachu wrote:
So we've lost a super investigator, that means we have 1 or 2 left? Hopefully Santa found out some useful news last night and can use it to get a start on those pesky goblins. I'm happy to [vote:bobbyaro] as there really isn't much to go on.

FoSsing Bobby, Malc and Gilly at the moment. Something just seems odd about them.

There is nothing to go on... I have no idea... vote bobby... These people are sus. You're an idiot. :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:49 
a creature of fathomless grace

It does seem like another random vote day as there's so little to go on from yesterday *despondent sad face*

I really don't have any suspicions, no one seems to have done anything particularly off... Although I can see the Grinch like nature of Trooper's poems, I actually just think they're funny, and quite enjoyed the rhyming! *does a little rhyme dance*

The connections between people are far too vague at the moment, so I'd have to agree with Curio that joining random dots between people isn't going to be particularly accurate or helpful at this point *starts doodling pictures in the snow with a twig*

I'm in the someone-is-better-than-no-one lynch camp, last night proves that it just gives the horrible Grinchy goblins a free hit with no information in return for us, but I think I'll see what happens for a while longer before doing any voting. Oh I do hate the thought of putting someone good on the naughty list *sighs*

*skips slowly up the wintry path into the distance*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:30 
baron of techno

Oh aren't you just the goodest, TFF! Nobody will ever vote you out :D

I wish it would snow.. today is made of mud and there's goblin footprints in it :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 
Gogmagog

nickachu wrote:

Who would you have investigated, nikachu?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:32 
Gogmagog

kalmar wrote:
I wish it would snow.. today is made of mud and there's goblin footprints in it :(

Can we follow the footprints?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:34 
MaliA wrote:
nickachu wrote:

Who would you have investigated, nikachu?

Gilly or Malc. If I was Santa. Which I am not. I'm just a good little boy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:46 
Sleepyhead

This game really should have had a Savile role (SK).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 

you are sick, makes you look a bit green, like a goblin. Are you a goblin?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:57 
Sleepyhead

So, we have a Santa who knows the identity of one other character (unless we're stupidly unlucky). But it's not worth them claiming yet. Joans was quiet, so we have little to go on.

Are we going to have another time out day? It's not as bad as if it were a game with an SK, but I'd prefer to remove a potential baddy, especially as the odds of hitting a good power role are now reduced.

So, just because her nicey nicey act seems false,

[vote:thefirefairie]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:07 
Ready for action

Trooper wrote:
sdg wrote:

So, your argument is basically that you are guessing that i'm bad, and anyone who disagrees with you is also bad? Also you can't remember the exact content, even though it is written down for anyone to check and repeat?

Shall I get you a tin foil hat?

No that's not my reasons also thanks for trying to portray me that way to everyone else. My reason for the slightly green and nickachu suspicions aren't simply the fact that they disagreed with me, it's the way they posted. Both posts were similar and as soon as I caught up with what was going on and I read both their posts, it immediately made me think they had been chatting about how to approach the start of a vote for trooper and then came into this thread and posted a very similar message.
As I said, I don't trust anyone I'm just going on my gut and I make no claim to be right.

I also agree with Curio, it's a bit early to be saying if person x is bad, person y must also be bad so I wouldn't necessarily say that if for example we discovered trooper was bad then Slightly Green must also be bad, because I'm basing this on a hunch which could well be wrong. I just think, at the moment, trooper is worth a shot.

I can't see why a vanilla townie would post in such an unusual way in any town on day one, so to do it when there is a Grinch running around makes no sense. Why draw attention to yourself that way? Likewise, I really don't think a good power role would do it. Far to risky when you know on day one people will follow most bandwagons. So that leaves a baddy role. Sure, the same facts apply about drawing attention to yourself but now with the added interest of the Grinch being bored and causing trouble for troubles sake, and then gloating about it afterwards.

To me, it is inconceivable for a person to come here, talk like the Grinch and not get voted out ASAP.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:09 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

I'm probably going to be unavailable for the rest of today but can probably check in at the end to switch votes.

Given that we didnt get a lynch yesterday we need to get one today and i'll go with [vote:bobbyaro]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next