Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blind Scum 2 Day 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:43 
Ready for action

I'm in uni and had a post written out to be posted when I got distracted (by my lecturer, how rude) and couldn't post it. Trooper has hit the nail on the head, by pushign and pushing this point all that has happened is that some people have been shown very cleary to have some form of power role and to the bad guys, this shows them very obviously who to target in the night phases. Granted some of the power roles may be relatively useless like the lover and long lost siblings but some of them will be ones we really want to keep!!

I also don't think that this implicates Trooper, he could very well have recieved a message saying he is a cake maker and once in the game can give the gift of cake. That doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

The information gained is useful but it is going way past and into the realms of dangerous for the town so I suggest we don't keep going over it and instead we try to form opinions about people. I'm sticking with my vote for TFF for the reasons stated yesterday and today. I would vote for Trooper because I think he tried to claim too much credit for getting rid of squirt yesterday but I'm not going to vote for him for missing the point today.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:45 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

sdg wrote:
Trooper has hit the nail on the head, by pushign and pushing this point all that has happened is that some people have been shown very cleary to have some form of power role and to the bad guys

Funny - he couldn't stop discussing it earlier ;)

I, however, and not going to mention it again.

ugvm'er at heart...

Bobbyaro wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Craster wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Before we carry on, Curio, can you check this out and see if it breaks any meta rules.

It won't be anything like that because:

1) Curio wouldn't have the faintest idea how to set up anything forum-based to do that
2) He'd have to get Grim... or me to do it, which would render it somewhat pointless

No, but if it is something inherent in the forum that only shows up for vanillas and not for power roles, then using that is a bit off and shouldn't be allowed, I think.

What are you banging on about?
Why would you think that Curio would get Grim... to code in something into the forum, when he could just tell them in the role PM!

I don't think he would get Grim... to code something in to the forum, just that there is something already in the forum that means you can tell the difference between a vanilla and a power.

SupaMod
Est. 1978

Am not*

And that "however" has no real place being there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:48 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
sdg wrote:
Trooper has hit the nail on the head, by pushign and pushing this point all that has happened is that some people have been shown very cleary to have some form of power role and to the bad guys

Funny - he couldn't stop discussing it earlier ;)

I, however, and not going to mention it again.

No shit, because having people telling me, very unsubtle like, that there is a code and because I can't see that code I must be bad. Funnily I'm going to challenge that as I know that i'm good and it is incorrect.

Sure, don't mention it again, you've done your damage and can walk away and claim the high ground :D
"Jury, strike that from the record and don't remember it when you come to your deliberations!" ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:49 
Ready for action

Trooper wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Craster wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Before we carry on, Curio, can you check this out and see if it breaks any meta rules.

It won't be anything like that because:

1) Curio wouldn't have the faintest idea how to set up anything forum-based to do that
2) He'd have to get Grim... or me to do it, which would render it somewhat pointless

No, but if it is something inherent in the forum that only shows up for vanillas and not for power roles, then using that is a bit off and shouldn't be allowed, I think.

What are you banging on about?
Why would you think that Curio would get Grim... to code in something into the forum, when he could just tell them in the role PM!

I don't think he would get Grim... to code something in to the forum, just that there is something already in the forum that means you can tell the difference between a vanilla and a power.

As I said I don't think we should push this point and if you were a good guy you would see the reasons for that and drop it, but let me assure you, as I'm sure Curio would be happy to do (and you'll see post game anyway) it is nothing complicated or technical, or outside the game really anymore than people expecting Curio to be voted for on day one or some people to be vocal while others are typically quite.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:49 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I'll mention this: What's this code you keep going on about?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:50 
Ready for action

Grim... wrote:

Well he had already said he had thought it was something actually in the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:51 
Like the matrix?????

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:52 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:

"Read very carefully"
"skip a bit, read a bit, skip a bit"
"spell out your reasons"
"vanilla can see it, power can't"

If that isn't referencing a code of some kind, then I don't know what is. Plus Alberto directly responded to me saying I was bad or stupid if I couldn't see it, when I told him I couldn't work out his code.

SupaMod
Est. 1978

sdg wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Well he had already said he had thought it was something actually in the forum.

I will happily say that it's nothing to do with the way the forum is written.

If it were, how would anyone but me know? And why in God's name would I mention it?

I really am going to leave it there, though.

Ready for action

Someone give Trooper a red pill :kiss:

a creature of fathomless grace

sdg wrote:
I'm in uni and had a post written out to be posted when I got distracted (by my lecturer, how rude) and couldn't post it. Trooper has hit the nail on the head, by pushign and pushing this point all that has happened is that some people have been shown very cleary to have some form of power role and to the bad guys, this shows them very obviously who to target in the night phases. Granted some of the power roles may be relatively useless like the lover and long lost siblings but some of them will be ones we really want to keep!!

I also don't think that this implicates Trooper, he could very well have recieved a message saying he is a cake maker and once in the game can give the gift of cake. That doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

The information gained is useful but it is going way past and into the realms of dangerous for the town so I suggest we don't keep going over it and instead we try to form opinions about people. I'm sticking with my vote for TFF for the reasons stated yesterday and today. I would vote for Trooper because I think he tried to claim too much credit for getting rid of squirt yesterday but I'm not going to vote for him for missing the point today.

I totally agree with you, apart from the reasons stated why I'm your vote, which I really, really don't get / understand! Did I miss this? I thought I wrote a post explaining exactly why I voted the way I did yesterday, why I don't make sense as a vote, and why I'm voting for who I am. Also, I'm agreeing with you about Trooper etc. so why does that make me suss to you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:53 
ugvm'er at heart...

Just notice people, the ones telling me to stop talking about this are the ones in the so called club...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:54 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I'm not telling you to do anything.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:54 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Duh. The first rule of so called club is that you don't talk about so called club.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:55 
ugvm'er at heart...

sdg wrote:
Someone give Trooper a red pill :kiss:

:D No need, i'm thoroughly enjoying myself :DD

Craster wrote:
Duh. The first rule of so called club is that you don't talk about so called club.

Well, not after the first 46 posts, at least ;)

ugvm'er at heart...

Craster wrote:

Damn shame they won't let me in the club, as i'd stop talking about it then :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:56 
I'm thoroughly enjoying you go mental.

It's like watching sinister agent all over again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:56 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I tell you what, a role of "code buddies" would be awesome - X townies who can talk to each other via PM but only for the first day of the game (or maybe before it), and they have to devise a way to carry on communicating while the game is in progress :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:58 
Bad Girl

Will someone just get lynched already!? My tea's getting cold.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:58 
Ready for action

@TFF, readin back through your last five or six posts, you're being a bit schizophrenic, one moment aggreing with someone who suggests voting for Grim... or alberto and they next moment saying you agree with me about everythign except my vote for you. You also seem to try and agree with the most vocal majority who havent been voted for yet and in those posts talk about 'we' when referring to their ideas etc as if you are part of a group with them. I'm not saying you are part of agroup with them, far from it. I'm saying you are tryin tog ive the impressions you are on their side and people should view you as they view them. I have no time left, class finishes at four. I'll be back at 5:30pm, but yeah, looking back through your last five or six posts has only made me feel more sure that you are a baddy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:59 
ugvm'er at heart...

I can't wait to see what the evening posters think of today when they turn up :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:00 
Slightly Brackish

I'll be honest, when I started this "club" on Day 1 I really did expect more of an uptake in membership and credibility than I got. It's the fact that people are being dim that is causing the danger; they don't need to wave and shout loudly, we can tell when they join, so I was really hoping we could establish some credible sources without doing what Trooper seems to think was inevitable. It wasn't inevitable. It still isn't, given that I would think there are plenty of vanilla folk out there still.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:06 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
I can't wait to see what the evening posters think of today when they turn up :D

There's certainly some reading to do.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:06 
ugvm'er at heart...

Alberto wrote:
I'll be honest, when I started this "club" on Day 1 I really did expect more of an uptake in membership and credibility than I got. It's the fact that people are being dim that is causing the danger; they don't need to wave and shout loudly, we can tell when they join, so I was really hoping we could establish some credible sources without doing what Trooper seems to think was inevitable. It wasn't inevitable. It still isn't, given that I would think there are plenty of vanilla folk out there still.

Maybe if you had actually kept it on the down low, rather than being completely blatant in your clubness, and then accusing me of being bad when I wasn't in it, then you could have done something with it. Having Grim... saying "oh, maybe it isn't obvious, and Alberto started it" isn't really keeping undercover, which is what makes me think this is all bullshit and you wanted your "secret" club to be not so secret, to get people questioning someone who was the most likely townie in the town at the time. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:08 
Slightly Brackish

Gosh, this does move fast doesn't it?!

So, we have "vote for Trooper", "sacrifice club member" or "lynch ANOther" as options. I'm fed up arguing, think I'll only end up repeating myself anyway, so I'll wait for the evening folk too :)

Also, [vote:unvote] because I don't want to see a big stampede for a lynch when they do arrive and inevitably only read the most recent page or two before making their decisions :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:12 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
Alberto wrote:

Maybe if you had actually kept it on the down low, rather than being completely blatant in your clubness, and then accusing me of being bad when I wasn't in it, then you could have done something with it. Having Grim... saying "oh, maybe it isn't obvious, and Alberto started it" isn't really keeping undercover, which is what makes me think this is all bullshit and you wanted your "secret" club to be not so secret, to get people questioning someone who was the most likely townie in the town at the time. :D

Let me tell a story. One day, there was a nice man called Trooper. His car had broken down and he was taking the bus instead. It was a nice day anyway, so he didn't mind the walk so much. But - oh no! The bus is already at the stop! Trooper ran like Billy-o, and leapt for the bus just as it was pulling away. But - oh no! The driver didn't see Trooper, and kept driving. Poor Trooper was dragged over the abrasive surface or the road, flesh stipping itself from his knees and elbows, grinding away at the bones underneath. At the next stop, someone gets off and sees poor Trooper, bloody and exhausted, hanging from the bus. They alert the driver who runs around.
"Jesus, man!" says the driver, as the passenger dials 999, "Why did you let me drag you all that way?"
Panting and exhausted, Trooper manages to force out "I have real trouble letting things go."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:13 

sdg wrote:
@TFF, readin back through your last five or six posts, you're being a bit schizophrenic, one moment aggreing with someone who suggests voting for Grim... or alberto and they next moment saying you agree with me about everythign except my vote for you. You also seem to try and agree with the most vocal majority who havent been voted for yet and in those posts talk about 'we' when referring to their ideas etc as if you are part of a group with them. I'm not saying you are part of agroup with them, far from it. I'm saying you are tryin tog ive the impressions you are on their side and people should view you as they view them. I have no time left, class finishes at four. I'll be back at 5:30pm, but yeah, looking back through your last five or six posts has only made me feel more sure that you are a baddy.

I'm not being in the slightest bit schizophrenic, I'm working through the arguments put forward, being open minded enough to listen and adapt my vote according to what seems right to me. But, actually, I haven't really changed my mind at all - I still think GJ is suss, but want to vote for Grim... because I think the code group thing is utter rubbish, so he's the most sensible candidate when you add together that + majority voting in order to make sure we get a lynch and gather some useful information.

I still don't think Trooper is a bad guy, but accept I could be wrong and will happily lynch him tomorrow if it turns out anyone he suggested lynching is a fellow townie! I'd say that's fairly consistent behaviour throughout... Which makes me now very suspicious of you, because there's no logical argument / much truth in anything you've just said! And I can't understand why you'd go against someone who a) voted for the now dead mafia guy + b) agrees with you re: Trooper.

I refer to 'we' as in townies, and always have done, but I don't get this code / groupie game thing so don't claim to be a part of that. I'm sure they'd put me in the 'stupid' group for that one if it isn't in fact all total rubbish ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:15 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Alberto wrote:

Let me tell a story. One day, there was a nice man called Trooper. His car had broken down and he was taking the bus instead. It was a nice day anyway, so he didn't mind the walk so much. But - oh no! The bus is already at the stop! Trooper ran like Billy-o, and leapt for the bus just as it was pulling away. But - oh no! The driver didn't see Trooper, and kept driving. Poor Trooper was dragged over the abrasive surface or the road, flesh stipping itself from his knees and elbows, grinding away at the bones underneath. At the next stop, someone gets off and sees poor Trooper, bloody and exhausted, hanging from the bus. They alert the driver who runs around.
"Jesus, man!" says the driver, as the passenger dials 999, "Why did you let me drag you all that way?"
Panting and exhausted, Trooper manages to force out "I have real trouble letting things go."

Telling me to let something go without explaining it, just makes me more suspicious, you know ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:15 

I'm going to have to log off until tonight, sticking with my vote, have fun kids!

Poor poor evening people...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:18 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
Telling me to let something go without explaining it, just makes me more suspicious, you know ;)

Again with the point that I'm not telling you to do anything. That was merely an observation :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:22 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Again with the point that I'm not telling you to do anything. That was merely an observation :)

And I'm observing that you haven't explained this whole situation anywhere close to enough. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:27 
Slightly Brackish

Trooper wrote:
Alberto wrote:

Those things Grim... said and did were said and done by Grim..., not me. Not sure why you'd hold his words and actions against me. I only started talking openly about it once he blew it open. I hardly shouted from the rooftops, it took him a day and a half to realise I was his team mate!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:31 
ugvm'er at heart...

Alberto wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Alberto wrote:

Those things Grim... said and did were said and done by Grim..., not me. Not sure why you'd hold his words and actions against me. I only started talking openly about it once he blew it open. I hardly shouted from the rooftops, it took him a day and a half to realise I was his team mate!

When I said you, I meant the club, not you specifically :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:34 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Alberto wrote:
I only started talking openly about it once he blew it open.

I only said
Grim... wrote:
Ooh, I think Alberto can join the vanilla club, too.
In fact, he started it. Maybe it's not as obvious as I thought :S

Then you voted for Trooper, and he went BOOOOOM :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:41 
ugvm'er at heart...

Either way, for a secret club, you weren't making much effort to keep it secret, hence my relentless calls for explanation, which haven't been answered. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:43 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Let's all tell the bad guy what's going on? Good try.

I've got to head off for a bit, but before I do: What type of bad guy do you think I am, that I'll happily tell you who my team-mates are?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:47 
ugvm'er at heart...

The same type of bad guy who has a convenient theory that can't be disproved today, and when it does prove to be wrong tomorrow, will try and explain it away as stupidity.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:55 
Slightly Brackish

Grim... wrote:
Then you voted for Trooper, and he went BOOOOOM :D

I liked that bit too :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 17:56 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
The same type of bad guy who has a convenient theory that can't be disproved today, and when it does prove to be wrong tomorrow, will try and explain it away as stupidity.

So you have no idea, then?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 18:01 
ugvm'er at heart...

Time will prove me right, or at the very least prove you wrong, which is good enough ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 18:02 
It's all pish

Bloody hell! I go out for a couple of hours and come back to this! I don't see a code. I don't see anything but attempts to obfuscate and confuse. I still think Grim...'s a baddun and I'm still sticking with my vote.

Xbox Live & Game Centre ID - MalcSeventyFour
You're not allowed to be better than me, though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 18:11 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Malc74 wrote:
Bloody hell! I go out for a couple of hours and come back to this! I don't see a code. I don't see anything but attempts to obfuscate and confuse. I still think Grim...'s a baddun and I'm still sticking with my vote.

Again with the question about just what sort of bad guy I could possibly be?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 18:14 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Malc74 wrote:

Let it go grim... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 18:17 
Ready for action

Right, I've ben thinking about this. I still don't trust TFF and am happy to do a big post detailing why now I'm back at a computer (doing it on my mobile while eating dinner in the car would have totally sucked! :DD ), however first of all I think I want to go for a vote on Trooper. I think his reaction today has been so over the top he must be bad. For anyone to think that three or four people would independantly show their hand as being on the same side if they were baddies is just completely ridiculous. I still hope that at some point this evening someone else who is a vanilla townie is going to come in, catch up, read back and be able to step forward with us. If they do and we have five different people claiming this, then surely that puts it way way past the realms of a mafia plot or whatever else people might think, simply because of sheer numbers of those standing together?

So, I really want to vote for Trooper. I think he panicked when he suddenly thought there was something going on. He overestimated what was going and got really nervous that he was caught, hence his reaction today. That, coupled with why I didn't trust him this morning, really makes me think he's a good bet. The best bit is, if he is a bad guy and we lynch him, when this is all over he's going to realise that he dug this hole for himself. :)

So yeah I think I'll put my money where my mouth is. [vote:Trooper]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 18:17 
It's all pish

Grim... wrote:
Malc74 wrote:

What, you can't break my code?

Xbox Live & Game Centre ID - MalcSeventyFour
You're not allowed to be better than me, though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 18:20 
Unpossible!

If only to end the noise

[vote: Trooper],

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 18:23 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Malc74 wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Malc74 wrote:

What, you can't break my code?

:facepalm:

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next