Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blind Scum 2 Day 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:56 
Slightly Brackish

Right, nice to see my theory at least makes sense to most, even if they aren't willing to make the little hop it needs. I'm not particularly sold on the theory of people trying too hard to convince us about what the Mafia plans are/aren't that they must be Mafia though, I still don't really suspect Trooper or Craster although that's not to say I discount the risk. Both Trooper's push for Squirt to be lynched and Craster's vote switch seem too late in the piece to be anything other than sincere though, so it's a highly risky and unnecessary strategy for the Mafia to take IMO. Doesn't mean they haven't, but i think it's a longshot and there's better ideas for a lynch I think.

So now I'm favouring the third way; go back to the people whose Day 1 behaviour resembled someone who got an exciting PM when the roles went out and lynch another Squirt. There's three names I had in my head yesterday that I could have tried to push onto the block instead of Squirt, and I'd be happy to back a go for any of them. Sdg already named one of them, TheFireFaerie; Trooper has recently pushed another onto the block, Goddess Jasmine. The third name I'd pick out is Russ, although his tally ho hey what old chap routine is confusing me a bit and I'm not sure if it means anything. Maybe that's the point of it. I'm not clear on him though, I'd feel one of the ladies is a better target. Every good town should have an equal opportunity lynching policy after all!

[vote:unvote] for now

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:57 
Unpossible!

I don't think the Mafia would vote out their own guy on day one either.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:01 
Ready for action

This grim and trooper at loggerheads thing (again) is making me not suspect Craster and instead suspec grim and trooper!
Trooper I'm still not convinced you played a huge part in the lynchig of squirt. Even with an hour to go, with to being the only other viable candidate I wouldn't have expected you to do anything other than put pressure on your rival. Not doing so could have left you in a vulnerable position if there was a lunchtime rush.
I'm prepared to change my vote for Grim... Just now if that's where we're headed, although would also vote for Trooper since the more he tries to convince me he had a huge impact on the lynching of squirt, the more I wonder why he's trying to hard to make us believe that. Even the best good power role couldn't claim credit for that even if they put in the first or second vote. Day one is a stab in the dark, we got lucky and without anyone having had a night action it is proof of nothing for anyone (except squirt!). I voted for squirt but I'm not using it to claim proof of integrity.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:02 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Alberto wrote:
There's three names I had in my head yesterday that I could have tried to push onto the block instead of Squirt, and I'd be happy to back a go for any of them. Sdg already named one of them, TheFireFaerie; Trooper has recently pushed another onto the block, Goddess Jasmine. The third name I'd pick out is Russ, although his tally ho hey what old chap routine is confusing me a bit and I'm not sure if it means anything.

Agree about TFF because she's not as stupid as she made out. Not sure about Russ, still don't really get why GJ might be bad.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:03 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

sdg wrote:
Day one is a stab in the dark, we got lucky and without anyone having had a night action it is proof of nothing for anyone (except squirt!).

Unless we didn't get lucky.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:08 
Ready for action

Grim... wrote:
sdg wrote:
Day one is a stab in the dark, we got lucky and without anyone having had a night action it is proof of nothing for anyone (except squirt!).

Do you say that because you think it was a mafia plan? (Just trying to make sure I follow, been reading quickly and not necessarily fully registering who has said what I don't think).

I'd be happy with a vote for TFF (I'm sure I'm already voting for her anyway) due the weird behaviour yesterday, as I'm sure a few people pointed out. Also happy with one of grim and trooper.
When does the day end? (On my phone)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:15 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

sdg wrote:
Grim... wrote:
sdg wrote:

Do you say that because you think it was a mafia plan? (Just trying to make sure I follow, been reading quickly and not necessarily fully registering who has said what I don't think).

I'd be happy with a vote for TFF (I'm sure I'm already voting for her anyway) due the weird behaviour yesterday, as I'm sure a few people pointed out. Also happy with one of grim and trooper.
When does the day end? (On my phone)

Day ends tomorrow at 13:30. And yes, I think it could have been a mafia plan.

Voting for me would not be clever, especially if you've not read this thread carefully.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:15 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Not especially, I didn't mean that.
I meant "you should probably".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:16 
ugvm'er at heart...

sdg wrote:
Day one is a stab in the dark, we got lucky and without anyone having had a night action it is proof of nothing for anyone (except squirt!). I voted for squirt but I'm not using it to claim proof of integrity.

Yes it is a stab in the dark, i'm not claiming that I knew he was mafia. I'm claiming that pushing hard for someone who turned out to be mafia is a pretty good indication that i'm not mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:20 
ugvm'er at heart...

Or maybe i've been played like a cheap hooker, and Grim... is mafia, and he planned all this to get me thinking he was good.
It's as equally likely scenario as the one he is stating at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:21 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Except not. Which is the reason I'm a vanilla townie and the same reason I know you aren't.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:23 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Except not. Which is the reason I'm a vanilla townie and the same reason I know you aren't.

You "know" do you? However you think you know, you are wrong... just like yesterday :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:24 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Then you're either blind or stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:27 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:

Heh, what? If i'm either blind or stupid, then surely i'm a blind or stupid townie, otherwise you would have thought I was a liar.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:28 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

You're suggesting that voting for you would be a bad idea and that the thread should be read carefully, suggesting you're hinting at a power role somewhere. At the same time you're saying you're a vanilla townie?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:47 
Slightly Brackish

Calm down Grimothy, people will read what it suits them to! What it suits them to read is part of the information gathering process.

This may sound obvious (and also slightly contradictory given my anti-Grim... theory), but it's important to remember that when two people are as clearly at loggerheads as Grim... and Trooper are then it doesn't mean one is good and the other is bad. By far the most likely thing is that they are two good guys with completely different takes on things and the real bad guys are sitting giggling.

I'm struggling to get decent wifi signal and as I'm delivering in the back of beyond most of the day I'll probably be quiet now until evening, look forward to seeing what develops and if it confirms suspicions that are growing on me as I type!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:50 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

That's not suspicions, that's a benign yet virulent fungus.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:54 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Heh, what? If i'm either blind or stupid, then surely i'm a blind or stupid townie, otherwise you would have thought I was a liar.

I thought that bit was obvious ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:57 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I thought that bit was obvious ;)

To be honest, i'm struggling to work out what's rattling about that brain of yours :p

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:08 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

overall I would say last night and the lynch result from yesterday are a nice positive for the town. Shame to loose one of our townies, especially one who could communicate with another, the paranoid cop being gone is worse than the bad uns hitting each other, but better to loose a distracting mis-information character than a vanilla.

With regards to all the posts from this morning it all seems odd, some of the people are acting very strange. Nik especially seems to want to get lynched, is he as has been suggested the nutcase who wants to die? Or is it a very clever play by a mafia member?

Trooper looks golden after yesterday if you take his actions at face value, however could it be a clever plan to attempt to push on a fellow mafia, if you manage to get them lynched then you look golden now, if not then when they go you can still point back to the event and say how much you tried to get them (assuming they have been lynched/killed before yourself)? Not likely but that may be why it would be a good thing to do?

Grim... seems to be confusing me with his cryptic statements and prophesy's, I need to look back over his posts and clues see if I can work out what he is trying to imply.

SDG and Alberto seem to have opinions but some of the facts they are making assumptions from are also according to Grim... wrong but he hasn't actually refuted all the points.

Still think it could be anyone, but still think the town should use its lynch, just don't know on who yet.

Will investigate more...

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:13 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Slightly Green wrote:
Nik especially seems to want to get lynched, is he as has been suggested the nutcase who wants to die? Or is it a very clever play by a mafia member?

No, he's good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:26 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:
Nik especially seems to want to get lynched, is he as has been suggested the nutcase who wants to die? Or is it a very clever play by a mafia member?

No, he's good.

WTF? Either you have just roleclaimed as having a good investigative power role, on day 2, which has seriously fucked the town. Or you have that info some other way?
That's a pretty definitive statement to make, especially over someone who is looking so dodgy to a fair number of people.

Wait, you're the loony aren't you, it's the only explanation that makes sense at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:26 
Isn't that lovely?

What the Fuck!

I have no idea what's going on! Not a one!

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:28 
Isn't that lovely?

Actually a thought occours, I wonder if there is a role (more than one?) where somone has to either be as talkative as possible or as contrary as possible!

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:30 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:

No, he's good.

WTF? Either you have just roleclaimed as having a good investigative power role, on day 2, which has seriously fucked the town. Or you have that info some other way?
That's a pretty definitive statement to make, especially over someone who is looking so dodgy to a fair number of people.

It's still true.

Trooper wrote:
Wait, you're the loony aren't you, it's the only explanation that makes sense at the moment.

Nope, although I'm beginning to fear that nearly everyone has some kind of role, so there probably is one.

Vanilla townies should be able to find proof in this thread that me and Nik are both telling the truth.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:34 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Vanilla townies should be able to find proof in this thread that me and Nik are both telling the truth.

Well, i'm a vanilla townie, and I think you are talking utter bollocks. :D

Fuck it [vote: grim...] I have no idea if you are the loony, or just a confused townie, or actually a bad guy, but regardless I think it is better for the town if you aren't in it anymore. Sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:35 
Unpossible!

Eeejits! Vote of the quiet ones!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:37 
Unpossible!

[vote: TheVision]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:38 
Isn't that lovely?

DavPaz wrote:

Is that like Day of the dead?

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:39 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

DavPaz wrote:

There is, of course, this.

If only because it's more fun.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:40 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Oh, except we shouldn't choose "the quiet ones" until tomorrow, really.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:41 
Unpossible!

Meh. I was bored of you two lovers sparring

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:43 
ugvm'er at heart...

Oh FFS... I just don't think Grim... is scummy, no matter how much of an idiot he is being.

[vote : Goddess Jasmine]

I really think she is mafia, in fact i'm willing to stake my life on it. Feel free to vote for me tomorrow if it turns out i'm wrong, at least that will also put an end to the insanity of Grim...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:45 
ugvm'er at heart...

How come that vote hasn't worked?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:47 
ugvm'er at heart...

Hmmm...

[vote: goddess jasmine]

Ticket to Ride World Champion

DavPaz wrote:
[vote: TheVision]

TheVision lives in this town?

Grim... is confusing the fudge out of me, but I have a very slight suspicion I know what he is doing, but ...?
TFF is highly sus, I agree with Gilly and Grim... about that.
Trooper is being loud, but that doesn't make him good, and simply turning the vote (ignoring Gilly's case) against squirt, does not mean you aren't mafia, it certainly doesn't mean you aren't the SK or whatever killed poor Zaphod.

*tears roll down face, camera pans out on rainy November day*

Slightly Brackish

It's very hard to tell who is bad and who is just stupid :( Would anyone like to stake a claim to either? :D And of course, a lot of people simply haven't showed up yet today.

To the late-arriving townsfolk: please do take the time to read the whole thread properly and not just the recent posts, and have a good think about your own role. Information is power, as Trooper keeps telling us. On which note, Trooper: of all the information floating around, what information do you consider most pertinent? What about my anti-Grim... theory appealed to you (if anything) and what about his rebuttal rings false? Because I'm starting to waver (although it IS a lovely theory), hence my unvote.

ugvm'er at heart...

Success at last!

Isn't that lovely?

Well it sounds like you are role claiming here, I'm willing to go with that, pending what Jaz says, if she swings and is innocent then you're next in the morning.

for the moment

[vote:unvote]

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:48 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Also, Malc is being rather reasonable, which ..... :P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:50 
Isn't that lovely?

Bobbyaro wrote:
Also, Malc is being rather reasonable, which ..... :P

My consipiracy theories are usually wrong, so maybe it's time to stop banging my head against that wall (watch this be a big conspiracy theory now!)

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:52 
ugvm'er at heart...

Malc wrote:
Well it sounds like you are role claiming here, I'm willing to go with that, pending what Jaz says, if she swings and is innocent then you're next in the morning.

for the moment

[vote:unvote]

Malc

It isn't a roleclaim, but I will do one now. I am a vanilla townie, no more no less.
It is purely an educated guess. As I said before.

"Goddess Jasmine - Came into the day reasonable late yesterday, when Squirt was gaining votes, but not enough to be a bandwagon, and conveniently "hadn't read enough to vote". Didn't vote for squirt at all in the end. Came in today accusing Grim... of being the Don, which is specific and I don't think makes much sense as I don't agree with the theory that his mafia at all, let alone the don, and her theory was down to the fact that a quiet one had been killed. Seems like that could have been a relatively simple mafia framing plot, lets kill a quiet one and try and frame someone from the first day who was talking about getting rid of quiet ones. Then to follow that all up with asking about why squirt and not kovacsc, when it seemed pretty obvious that it was just a random quiet one selection, that smacks of someone trying to work out if another player has access to more information and whether they should be worried about them."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:52 
I'm pretty certain grim I'm a vanilla, troops must have a power role then. So he's either good or bad. I'm still sticking to troops for a bad guy though. Just my opinion, but noone seems to care about that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:53 
Isn't that lovely?

nickachu wrote:
I'm pretty certain grim I'm a vanilla, troops must have a power role then. So he's either good or bad. I'm still sticking to troops for a bad guy though. Just my opinion, but noone seems to care about that.

What?

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:54 
ugvm'er at heart...

Alberto wrote:
It's very hard to tell who is bad and who is just stupid :( Would anyone like to stake a claim to either? :D And of course, a lot of people simply haven't showed up yet today.

To the late-arriving townsfolk: please do take the time to read the whole thread properly and not just the recent posts, and have a good think about your own role. Information is power, as Trooper keeps telling us. On which note, Trooper: of all the information floating around, what information do you consider most pertinent? What about my anti-Grim... theory appealed to you (if anything) and what about his rebuttal rings false? Because I'm starting to waver (although it IS a lovely theory), hence my unvote.

It's not his rebuttal that is the issue, as if it was then he would be scum for sure, as it is woeful. The problem is that I just don't think he would put squirt up like that at that point, it doesn't make any sense Way way way too risky for a day 1 page 2 post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:55 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:

You don't put a space between "vote" and the colon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:55 
Bad Girl

I'm not convinced that this all isn't a big ruse.

But once again I'll switch my vote to get a lynching if that gravy train comes along since I haven't a clue what is supposed to be going on here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:56 
ugvm'er at heart...

nickachu wrote:

I've pretty much got you on virtual ignore dude, as I suspect have a few others. When you start talking sense, you might get a few more people listening.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 13:56 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:

You don't put a space between "vote" and the colon.

I finally figured that out :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 14:03 
It's all pish

Blimey, that was a read and a half - and I still have no idea what most of you are talking about. I feel like I'm on the sidelines watching two factions duking it out.
Sticking with my Grim... vote for the time being.

Xbox Live & Game Centre ID - MalcSeventyFour
You're not allowed to be better than me, though.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next