Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Blind Scum Day One
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:38 
ugvm'er at heart...

Craster wrote:
Oh totally. Because the real giveaway of a bad guy is that they are incapable of using logic and reason.

I think the real giveaway of a bad guy is discounting what people talk about and offering no counter argument against why using what people are actually talking about, and how they are saying it, as the best barometer for baddyness.

We don't have anything else so we have to use what we have.

Is the sum total of your argument really "Dunno mate, could be anyone"?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
We don't have anything else so we have to use what we have.

Except we don't have to use anything.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:46 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Tomorrow we'll have actual information about who people were - at which point we'll actually have something to go on. Right now it's pure speculation.

Sure, we'll know who two good people were, who (if you had your way) would have not voted or voted for a no lynch. Which tells us nothing at all.

At the very least, my questioning of that rubbish approach has provoked a round of voting and subsequent discussion, which will give us something to work with in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:47 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Grim... wrote:
Actually, it's worse than that - right now it's a completely random person I picked to test the vote counter :S

Random for the start can be good.

Grim... wrote:
Tomorrow we'll have actual information about who people were - at which point we'll actually have something to go on. Right now it's pure speculation.

Your right , however the odds are that the random information will be that we have a bunch of people who voted for someone who was a goodie , and we'll have deaths

We may also have lost people to a cult but its unlikely we'll find that out.

What has worked for the past in the towns favor is that normally by about day 3 we randomly pick someone who is either a baddie (and then you see who defends them) , or we pick a goodie who then role claims and we get some snippets of real information.

Thats not really a good strategy overall :-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:48 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Sure, we'll know who two good people were, who (if you had your way) would have not voted or voted for a no lynch. Which tells us nothing at all.

At the very least, my questioning of that rubbish approach has provoked a round of voting and subsequent discussion, which will give us something to work with in the future.

I think you'll find it was my proposal of the approach which drew the discussion.

Also, the SK (if there is one) has nearly as much chance of hitting a baddie as we do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:55 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I think you'll find it was my proposal of the approach which drew the discussion.

Heh, yes yes, all this discussion and voting today is down you, well done. I haven't been the focus of the day at all, it's all been you :D

Grim... wrote:
Also, the SK (if there is one) has nearly as much chance of hitting a baddie as we do.

The SK has more chance of hitting a good guy, yet if we vote for someone that chance is decreased (we might get lucky and get him). Only slightly, but better than waiting and hoping.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:58 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Trooper wrote:

Well, yes, pretty much. It's day one, and everyone playing is good enough at this that there's no way whatsoever that they're going to be 'acting suspicious' on day one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:05 
Slightly Brackish

Grim... wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Right now it's pure speculation.

Actually, it's worse than that - right now it's a completely random person I picked to test the vote counter :S

I actually have a niggling doubt that it was a random choice, but we'll get to that tomorrow... and anyway, your vote left him fairly quickly and I gave my explanations for lynching him which didn't relate to his vote tally at the time in any way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:07 
ugvm'er at heart...

Craster wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Well, yes, pretty much. It's day one, and everyone playing is good enough at this that there's no way whatsoever that they're going to be 'acting suspicious' on day one.

Yet people make mistakes, and the more we get them to talk and vote, the more likely those mistakes are to show up.
I'm arguing for people to vote and talk, yet you choose me to vote for, stating that it could be anyone and you only voted for me as I was leading the list. I'm not leading the list now, why haven't you changed your vote?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:09 
I did find it strange that squirt (was it?) changed his vote when trooper said "don't vote for me, I'm good".

we can't trust anyone at the moment. There's just as much chance of Craster being a baddie as there is of Trooper being a baddie, etc...
Still I'm sticking to my guns. Trooper to be lynched!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:13 
Slightly Brackish

Craster wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Except I gave a theory about the posting habits of bad guys on day 1 which I believe holds some water, it's something that occurred to me during the last game and led to me successfully fingering TFF in the dead thread :hat: Now obviously there are several who fit the behaviour pattern and some of those will be unfortunate by-standers, and there's no real way of distinguishing between them, but I think I could probably give you a list of 4 names and have there be 2 bad guys on it, which is pretty decent odds, and Squirt is the one I happen to have picked.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:14 
a creature of fathomless grace

Sorry for the lack of chat! I was intending on being around the town a lot, but disaster struck at the idiot factory so I've been having to train people how to do their jobs properly *rolls eyes*

I'm definitely on the side of a lynch, because that really is the best way to get more information that sitting and waiting to see who the bad guys off in the night, and at least have some chance of hitting a bad guy - like you say, X% is better than 0%!

As there's really not a lot to go on at the moment and I'm pro-lynch, my vote goes to the no-lynch fella

[vote: Grim...]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:21 
ugvm'er at heart...

TheFireFaerie wrote:
Sorry for the lack of chat! I was intending on being around the town a lot, but disaster struck at the idiot factory so I've been having to train people how to do their jobs properly *rolls eyes*

I'm definitely on the side of a lynch, because that really is the best way to get more information that sitting and waiting to see who the bad guys off in the night, and at least have some chance of hitting a bad guy - like you say, X% is better than 0%!

As there's really not a lot to go on at the moment and I'm pro-lynch, my vote goes to the no-lynch fella

:D We have an hour left, I think if you are on the side of lynching, you should really go for the person with the most votes if you actually want a lynch to happen...

Code:
Blind Scum Day One

VOTE UPDATE

grim...: 1 (TheFireFaerie)
malc74: 1 (Slightly Green)
trooper: 5 (Grim..., Bobbyaro, nickachu, Malc74, Craster)
squirt: 7 (zaphod79, Ian Fairies, Alberto, Mr Russell, Trooper, DavPaz, GazChap)

Not voted: 6 (malc, kovacsc, goddess jasmine, thevision, squirt, sdg)

With 20 players alive, 11 votes are required for a lynch, and 11 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

On the subject of that...

Craster wrote:
It's worth noting (I hadn't spotted it) that we're on a 1:30pm deadline. That means just this morning to get something up and running. With that in mind, I'm going to go in on the [vote:Trooper] - because we've got sod all information, so anyone's as good as anyone else.

It's getting close to the deadline, Squirt is on 7 votes and i'm on 5. Just to get something up and running eh Craster? Do you want to lynch somebody today? It seems not, as being as anyone is as good as anyone else, why haven't you switched your vote to the leading candidate Craster?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:23 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

TheFireFaerie wrote:

Haha WTF?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:25 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
TheFireFaerie wrote:

Haha WTF?

:DD At least that is one thing we can agree on, not the most logical move! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:27 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Alberto wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Right now it's pure speculation.

I actually have a niggling doubt that it was a random choice

Actually, you're quite right - it was a random choice of the people who hadn't said anything.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:29 
Ready for action

Just read back. I kinda agree with Alberto about the people who have made an appearance but not really contributed being dodgy. I say kinda, because he included me in that list and obviously some people like me just can't sit on here all day. (It's my day off, I have shopping to do, chores to do, a dog to walk).
I think squirt and TFF are a bit odd, they have turned up and made posts at times of scrutiny yet they haven't really put themselves in a group with people who will be getting looked at tomorrow. I mean, if we lynch today, all the voters will be highlighted tomorrow. So coming in and voting for grim... Seems a bit unusual and frankly useless?
Anyway, I'm going to [vote:Squirt]
He was chosen based on his relative quietness but ability to pop up when people start questioning the motives of quiet people, and because frankly I think he's a better choice than trooper who may well be bad, I don't know, but was chosen as a random day one first thing vote and for some weird reason a lot of people have jumped on it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:31 
Ready for action

By the way, I would have chosen the fire fairie but obviously that would be a wasted vote at this hour, so FOS TFF for now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:35 
Best
Board Mother

I don't want to vote for anyone yet, but I think I probably should. :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:36 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Trooper wrote:
It's getting close to the deadline, Squirt is on 7 votes and i'm on 5. Just to get something up and running eh Craster? Do you want to lynch somebody today? It seems not, as being as anyone is as good as anyone else, why haven't you switched your vote to the leading candidate Craster?

Keep your pants on, Skippy! I've been busy!

[vote:squirt]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:39 
Quick question.Why is everyone voting for squirt when trooper tells them to? I see no logic in it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:41 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

sdg wrote:
Anyway, I'm going to [vote:Squirt]
He was chosen based on his relative quietness but ability to pop up when people start questioning the motives of quiet people, and because frankly I think he's a better choice than trooper who may well be bad, I don't know, but was chosen as a random day one first thing vote and for some weird reason a lot of people have jumped on it.

You've got that backward - while Squirt was (randomly) chosen for being quiet at the time, that was only about two hours into the game so that's not saying much. But Trooper wasn't a random choice at all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:41 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

nickachu wrote:
Quick question.Why is everyone voting for squirt when trooper tells them to? I see no logic in it.

Well, if you want someone to die today, it's either Trooper or Squirt (unless something special happens in the next 50 minutes).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:42 
Bad Girl

Those people who have voted for people other than Squirt need to get on the lynch Squirt bandwagon otherwise you might as well vote lib dem at the next election.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:43 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

sdg wrote:
By the way, I would have chosen the fire fairie but obviously that would be a wasted vote at this hour, so FOS TFF for now.

By the eye of Horus, this.

Concerned about voting for squirt, I feel his posts have been ignored in the lynch argument, which is ironic really as Trooper is saying that the voting leads to talking which leads to information.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:43 
Grim... wrote:
nickachu wrote:

Well, if you want someone to die today, it's either Trooper or Squirt (unless something special happens in the next 50 minutes).

Squirt seems to have no FOS from me at all. Trooper however needs to go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:44 
a creature of fathomless grace

Wait when the hell did everyone stop voting for Grim...??

I didn't have time to read through all that properly it would seem!

So no, now it seems totally illogical, so I shall amend accordingly...

Right, for the sake of the greatest chance of a lynch [vote: Squirt]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:48 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

[vote:squirt] in the hopes that the town manages to break its appalling habit of inaction, sorry squirt, I have nothing against you but I think we need to do something.

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:48 
Ready for action

Sorry I wasn't clear, although I did think trooper was random, didn't you say that grim...? I chose squirt because a) he has only appeared to post words rather than thoughts and b) he has votes already so is a viable candidate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:50 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

sdg wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear, although I did think trooper was random, didn't you say that grim...?

Not I.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:50 

I voted for Squirt simply because he thinks that getting shot in the head and dismembered can happen by accident.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:51 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

TheFireFaerie wrote:
Wait when the hell did everyone stop voting for Grim...??

Everyone? I think the most I had was two votes.

/narrows eyes

SupaMod
Est. 1978

GazChap wrote:
I voted for Squirt simply because he thinks that getting shot in the head and dismembered can happen by accident.

Well, it was Mali ;)

SupaMod
Est. 1978

Whoops, we're done.

VOTE UPDATE

trooper: 4 (Grim..., Bobbyaro, nickachu, Malc74)
squirt: 11 (zaphod79, Ian Fairies, Alberto, Slightly Green, Mr Russell, Trooper, Craster, DavPaz, GazChap, TheFireFaerie, sdg)

Not voted: 5 (malc, kovacsc, goddess jasmine, thevision, squirt)

With 20 players alive, 11 votes are required for a lynch, and 11 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 14:17 
Sleepyhead

There's no time to waste!

Squirt is grabbed and taken to the hastily constructed gallows. Someone sharpens the noose, and he is hung by the neck until he is dead.

A quick look through his house shows a subscription to ancestry dot com, a shiny revolver and some Italian leather shoes.

Squirt was a Mafia Goon... and a long lost sibling!

Night actions to reach me by 10pm, but hopefully way before then.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4