Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Beex Fun Fair : Day 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:00 
ugvm'er at heart...

"Day" 3:

Look over there, what's that?

I can't believe that worked again…

When you all look back Malc is found, drowned in lasagne…

Malc was a Townie

Hmmm… what shall we play today? You seem to be enjoying the games… I know!

The game for today is "These picture make me horny"
First person to draw a picture of a Unicorn and post it in the thread, on or after 9pm tonight, wins a prize. (using the posting time when the forum is running on GMT, you bunch of sly pedants)
Pictures posted before 9pm will be disqualified, and will earn a punishment.
The last person to draw a picture of a unicorn and post it in the thread, will earn a punishment.

[playerlist]
Curiosity
DavPaz
Mr Russell
Alarm
Gilly
KovacsC
Slightly Green
nickachu
Craster
Bobbyaro
Goddess Jasmine
[/playerlist]

Voting rules are as follows:
http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/
With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

"Night" actions can be given at any point, at 2pm each day there will be a cutoff and the actions that have been given to me by then will be actioned, if you have sent me an action, you can change it at any point up until 2pm, but after that it is locked until the next day starts. The next day will start immediately (or as soon as I work out what the actions mean and get a chance to start a new thread for the "day")

"Day" 3 ends Thursday at 2pm

Can a mod do the dead thread access for Malc and Joans please

Post subject: Re: Beex Fun Fair : Day 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:05 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

So Russ is clearly the nutter then. I don't really think it's worth wasting a lynch just to give him a win, so strongly suggest we just entirely ignore him for the rest of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:10 
Ready for action

I don't know that I agree with that. He could be mafia, and he could have made that claim yesterday to try and drum up a counter claim which would have exposed our most powerful role for his teammates to take care of.
Why was Malc picked last night by the mafia? Was he pointing at anyone in particular? I'm going to go and look.
Also, I don't know how to draw pictures on my computer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:19 
Ready for action

Malc didn't really say anything yesterday, certainly nothing that would draw attention to him.
I am still suss of Slightly Green because I feel like he could maybe be mafia with Russ. I'm also suss of DavPaz for allowing Slightly Green to win that game and then voting for him immediately, I'm not sure what's going on there.
Also willing to vote for Alarm because he is being useless, surely if he was a goody then he would have started trying to post a bit more? the way he posted near the end of the first day and then never followed it up with a vote or even another post really bothered me, like he was willing to just lay low and keep his name off any voting patterns.
So I'd be willing to vote for Russ, DavPaz or Alarm. The reason I've omitted Slightly Green is because if Russ is mafia I'd look at Slightly Green next.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:19 
Awesome
Yes

Er... what?
No, no, no.

Am I being fucked with? I was given a message at the start of the day phase that said 'Lucky You. Someone has chosen to pass you information. Joans' win condition is "kill 5 people."'

I thought it was maybe the reward that was alluded to that maybe the person who won the reward could pass info to someone else?

CLEARLY NOT TROOPER YOU BILIOUS FART LICKER.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:21 
Awesome
Yes

Also, no serial kill again?

And the Prostitute has been with people two nights running and nobody has admitted to spending the night with her?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:21 
Ready for action

Still no serial killer kill, is there not one?! Surely not...so did the doctor or prostitute get lucky on night one and then stick with the same target? If that's the case they should keep doing that.
Also, just read Mr Russell's latest post. He is seeming like he's a bit to unhelpful to have around. He's just confusing things!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:23 
Awesome
Yes

Gilly wrote:
Still no serial killer kill, is there not one?! Surely not...so did the doctor or prostitute get lucky on night one and then stick with the same target? If that's the case they should keep doing that.
Also, just read Mr Russell's latest post. He is seeming like he's a bit to unhelpful to have around. He's just confusing things!

Knack off. I was given concrete info and was acting on that.
Be aware of any messages you get sent is all I'll say as they're clearly FUCKING LIES.

Ready for action

[vote:Mr Russell]
Too dangerous to have around, he seems to be trying to get people to come forward with information now. I'm really beginning to think he might be mafia and just trying to hide in plain sight while trying to push for information and/or confusion for his teammates.

Ready for action

Mr Russell wrote:
Gilly wrote:

Be aware of any messages you get sent is all I'll say as they're clearly FUCKING LIES.

No one else has mentioned being sent any messages?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:25 
Awesome
Yes

Gilly wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Gilly wrote:

No one else has mentioned being sent any messages?

Not yet. But if you do, take them with a pinch of salt, same as the last "xxx is a bad guy, I'm sure of it" messages that were bandied about in a previous game.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:27 
Awesome
Yes

Gilly wrote:
[vote:Mr Russell]
Too dangerous to have around, he seems to be trying to get people to come forward with information now. I'm really beginning to think he might be mafia and just trying to hide in plain sight while trying to push for information and/or confusion for his teammates.

Also, I'm not pushing for people to come out with info, but it's clearly the only way to help us.

If someone says "hey, I was with the prostitute last night, then only one person will know if they're telling the truth, and can therefore maybe be trusted. It's a data point.

Also, I was visited by the Doctor again last night. DATA POINT.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:38 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Bloody hell, what a mess.

Sorry Russ but your seeming too odd and confusing to have around [vote:Mr Russell]

Will have more time later to post

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:41 
Ready for action

That just feels too much to me like you try and be reasonable when people start getting suspicious of you until the tide turns again and then you go back to pointing fingers at others. Maybe you were visited by the doctor, if so would that prevent you doing anything as well as protecting you? If it does then you surely must be the serial killer...although I suppose you could have been the serial killers target each night which could also explain the lack of SK kill. I would suggest the doctor stops doing that so the cop can investigate, if indeed what he says is true.
Although this might all be irrelevant anyway because he might not last the day. Anyway, if everyone else wants to wait and see if he can be investigated that's fine by me, I'm willing to change to one of the others I mentioned, or I'll listen to what others have to say.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 14:59 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Gilly wrote:
That just feels too much to me like you try and be reasonable when people start getting suspicious of you until the tide turns again and then you go back to pointing fingers at others. Maybe you were visited by the doctor, if so would that prevent you doing anything as well as protecting you? If it does then you surely must be the serial killer...although I suppose you could have been the serial killers target each night which could also explain the lack of SK kill. I would suggest the doctor stops doing that so the cop can investigate, if indeed what he says is true.
Although this might all be irrelevant anyway because he might not last the day. Anyway, if everyone else wants to wait and see if he can be investigated that's fine by me, I'm willing to change to one of the others I mentioned, or I'll listen to what others have to say.

Gilly, i suggest you read the game roles again (posted them below) the Prostitute stops someone doing a action, the Doctor stops someone having a action done to them. If he is the serial killer/Mafia killer and he was visited by the doctor each night (as he claims) then his kills would still go off. If he was targeted by a serial killer both nights then he probably was protected by the doctor both night, no evidence other than no serial killer kills, but its just as likely that the prostitute has stopped the killer both night.

I honestly don't know what to think apart from Mr Russ made a very bold statement and we followed it, this had the direct result of us killing a fellow townie, for that i will keep my vote on him.

The only information i have that may help the group is that i very much doubt that Bobby is the SK, this is due to my 'prize' from the numbers game. He could still be mafia, but unless he opted not to kill or was visited by the prostitute last night he can't be the SK. I was gifted a one off night action called 'rebound' the person i nominated would have any night action ability's that they tried to use rebounded against them. I took a punt on Bobby, hoping he was the SK and would suicide, am not sure what would happen if he was visited by the prostitute at the same time though :shrug:

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Trooper wrote:
Possible Roles:

Serial Killer
Win condition : Kill 5 people
Action : kill someone

Policeman
Win condition : Town
Action : Investigate 1 person and find out their win condition

Prostitute
Action : entertain 1 person, stopping them from doing anything

Doctor
Action : Protect 1 person, stopping them from having anything done to them

Mafia Don
Win Condition : Mafia
Action : Send a goon or out to kill, or kill someone yourself

Mafia Goon
Win condition : Mafia

Escaped lunatic
Win condition : Kill yourself

Townie

Action Order:

Action Order: Entertain, Investigate, Protect, Kill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 15:07 
Sleepyhead

Mr Russell is blatantly the escaped lunatic.

Alarm or GJ for me, though I have no strong convictions and am willing to follow any reasonable course of action.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 15:11 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Curiosity wrote:
Mr Russell is blatantly the escaped lunatic.

I know but it doesn't stop a small part of me thinking it may be a very cunning Mafia ploy, especially if they have lucked out and the real lunatic is one of the non-active people.

[vote:unvote] we need to talk more to give us a chance of finding the bad guys, its just a bugger trying to ignore Mr Russ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 15:26 
I doubt curiosity. For some reason. Just don't trust him.[vote: curiosity]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 15:45 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

I have a recollection of being in a town else where when a member of the mafia came up with "messages". I believe that person was a relative of malc's? Maybe that would be reason why Mr Russ would want to kill malc, as he was most likely to know about his relative's behaviour?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 17:30 
Excellent Member

I've woken up with a clear head. My thoughts were somewhat discombobulated before.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 17:36 
Excellent Member

It may be worth having a look at who voted for Joans after Mr Russell came out and claimed to receive that message.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 17:36 
Excellent Member

Claimed to have received...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 17:38 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Well, I did. Why wouldn't I?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 17:42 
Roleclaim time. I'm the policeman. Day 1 investigated bobby he's town. Day 2 investigated curiosity. He's mafia. I'm sure on it. So there it is. Vote for curio and when he's mafia believe me. Or I'll no doubt be killed tonight by either the mafia or the sk.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 17:53 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Nice! Looks like that's a shoe-in, unless someone has reason to doubt Nick's claim?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 17:58 
Ready for action

Nick I almost hope you're lying so as we haven't just had our best power role expose themselves this early on. A;though looking at the numbers here, maybe we have actually got this sewn up already, I feel like I've got a pretty good idea about who the baddys are. I was going to say earlier I thought we could trust bobby because he had said a few things I was agreeing with so I don't think you are lying. Here's my list.
Curiosity-mafia?
DavPaz-typed nine, giving sg the ten to win the game
Mr Russell-mafia or lunatic?
Alarm-very quiet, not bothering to vote when around
Gilly-townie
KovacsC-had almost forgot he was here
Slightly Green-maybe mafia?
nickachu-police
Craster-not been overly suss
Bobbyaro-townie
Goddess Jasmine-not been overly suss

Hmm. If Mr Russell and Curio were mafia, then I think maybe Slightly Green could be the third. Otherwise, maybe Mr Russell for loony and Curio and slightly green for mafia. If there is the standard 3 mafia members then I'd go for DavPaz or Kovacs as well.
This is assuming Nick is the cop. I'm happy to prove it by voting curio and seeing what happens. I don't think the mafia are in a position where if nick is lying and we follow him it gets the mafia in an unbeatable situation does it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 18:07 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

On my phone so short message :)
Another roleclaim. I don't see any problem with voting with nik on this. Just want to crunch the numbers when I get back. Just in case it could be a cunning ploy from the Mafia.

Will be back later.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 18:17 
Ready for action

Oops, forgot this [vote:curiosity]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 18:17 
Ready for action

Nick you bavent voted!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 18:19 
Yeah I did.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 18:45 
Excellent Member

I was previously in no mental state to vote.

As this seems to be the strongest lead we have, I [vote:Curiosity]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 18:49 
Sleepyhead

Nick, you scummy scumbag!

No idea why you're trying to get me lynched. Maybe you're the lunatic and not Mr Russell? When I'm proved innocent you'll definitely swing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 19:28 

[vote:curiosity]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 19:29 

actually [vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 19:29 
Curiosity wrote:
Nick, you scummy scumbag!

No idea why you're trying to get me lynched. Maybe you're the lunatic and not Mr Russell? When I'm proved innocent you'll definitely swing.

Lies.

Mafia scum.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 19:30 

Can't help but think Mr Russ and Nick might be taking us for a ride here. Can someone who can count do the numbers and see if the mafia can win if they take out 2 more townies?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 19:31 

Although having said that, he is right about me being town, and he is likely to investigate me and curio first.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 19:32 
Sleepyhead

I am really not a Mafia, unless there's some Secret Mafia shenanigans going on!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 19:42 

Ha! As if that would happen!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 19:43 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Oki, if Nic's roleclaim is some nefarious plan from the Mafia and Curio is a Townie then...

we currently have 11 players, of which
possibly 3 Mafia (Maybe 2 as we had a low turnout for the game)
1 SK
Escaped lunatic (not counting as a townie as they just want to die)
Policeman
Prostitute
Doctor
and 3 or 4 vanilla townies (depending on the Mafia numbers)

If we lynch a Townie, and the mafia kill another and the SK gets one also then we are down to 3 or 4 Townies total (inc power roles). If that happens we are buggered.

If Nic is the cop and we get one of the Mafia then we are looking pretty good.

bah my head hurts, i am rubbish at numbers

I am happy to go with Nic being legit, as the SK has been pretty rubbish so far, do we even have a SK in this game? And we really could do with getting one of those nasty I-tallians.

Will hold off on the vote now as a bandwagon is possible, but at the moment i think my vote will be with Curiosity

Post subject: Beex Fun Fair : Day 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 19:46 
Awesome
Yes

Pile on!

[vote:curiosity]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 19:49 
Best
Board Mother

I'm on my phone, can someone post a vote update please?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 19:51 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Beex Fun Fair : Day 3

VOTE UPDATE

curiosity: 4 (Gilly, nickachu, Alarm, Mr Russell)

Not voted: 7 (curiosity, davpaz, kovacsc, slightly green, craster, bobbyaro, goddess jasmine)

With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 19:59 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

With no more info forthcoming, I'll [vote:curiosity]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 20:02 
Sleepyhead

Stop voting! I'm the bloody doctor!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 20:04 
Best
Board Mother

Great, the one role that you can't prove. Any counter claims before I get my vote in?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 20:07 
Sleepyhead

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Great, the one role that you can't prove. Any counter claims before I get my vote in?

In fairness, you can't prove any of them, can you?

I can say who I protected.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 20:12 
Best
Board Mother

Curiosity wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Well other people can back you up. Let me guess, Russ twice?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 20:13 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Well other people can back you up. Let me guess, Russ twice?

lol, thats exactly what i was thinking

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 20:15 

bollocks, but not voting because it's funny! :DD I want to see him make some shit up.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next