Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ] 
 Post subject: Amnesia Scum Day Seven
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:40 
Sleepyhead

The sound of inevitability arrives with sirens, nerve gas and a coffin.

So long, Craster.

"A shame, as your inaction costs the life of another Mason. Is time running out for you to catch the evil in your midst?"

Day ends at 9pm Tuesday

[playerlist]
Runcle
Mr Russell
Mimi
KovacsC
Mr Dom
TheVision
Bobbyaro
Malc
krazywookie
Joans
Alarm
[/playerlist]

6 votes for a lynch.

Post subject: Re: Amnesia Scum Day Seven
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:46 
What's this bit for exactly?

[vote: TheVision]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:47 
Awesome
Yes

[vote:TheVision] also.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:15 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

[vote: Mr Dom] [FOS: Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 

Woah... I've only just woken up!
I didn't put that vote in, and I can't seem to change it either...
I guess I must have been hacked :/

Not too bad tho, as I still would vote TheVision for being completely voteless until 5 minutes after this is pointed out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:25 
Excellent Member

Bah. Why the votes for TheVision? I have amnesia.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:16 

Alarm wrote:
Bah. Why the votes for TheVision? I have amnesia.

I woke up & there was a vote from me. I can't seem to change it either
*jabs at buttons on the TV in his room*
nothing...

I was voting for him yesterday cos he voted for noone on days 1-6, and to top it off within an hour of this 'revelation', he wakes up & votes. Possibly prodded by his team-mates?

Alos, big FoS at people who didn't vote at all on Friday - a wasted day, another mason down... GAAAH!!!

The only other hack we know of was Krazywookie voting for APOD, who was a goodie.

Is the hacker one of the mafia goons? The ability to force a vote like this is could be vital after a few more of us get the chop. It might be that the one who is voted for is then by definition not mafia (and kind of by extension the one doing the voting wont be mafia)

Or the hacker is a 'lone wolf' and doesn't know who the bad guys are but can sometimes just force someone to vote - which seems a bit random to me.

Also strange that it has only happened twice to our knowledge, so there must be something restricting the success.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:28 

The Vision is looking pretty shifty as he is, because the voting pattern just doesn't seem legit. No votes at all, then a few minutes after someone calls him out in it?

If he is mafia, then the hacker is either probably a good guy trying to take down what they see as a probable baddie by getting the ball rolling, or a lone baddie.

Actually, maybe it could be a mafia person judging TheVision to be a lone baddie?

Mr Dom: what do you mean you 'can't change' your vote. I'm on my mobile and can't edit any posts across the whole of BEEX, but as far as I know you can't edit MafiaScum game posts, anyway.

But what's to stop you writing vote:whoever in square brackets and changing your vote that way, as you normally do?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 
Excellent Member

Mimi wrote:
Mr Dom: what do you mean you 'can't change' your vote. I'm on my mobile and can't edit any posts across the whole of BEEX, but as far as I know you can't edit MafiaScum game posts, anyway.

But what's to stop you writing vote:whoever in square brackets and changing your vote that way, as you normally do?

I thought that krazywookie was dodgy for the same reason. He didn't even try to nullify or change his supposedly enforced vote.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:50 

I have tried, but it just won't come out...

[vote: unvo^&"%£$ ++SYNTAX ERROR++

My voting mechanism has been locked out overnight...

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I'm trying not to go OOC here, but blame Boobies lack of technical skill in modifying the counter code :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:37 
Awesome
Yes

Mr Dom wrote:
Woah... I've only just woken up!
I didn't put that vote in, and I can't seem to change it either...
I guess I must have been hacked :/

Not too bad tho, as I still would vote TheVision for being completely voteless until 5 minutes after this is pointed out.

What, damn. I trust you Mr Dom, so was following your lead. As Bobby pointed out - why would you be so very vocal on previous days if you were a bad guy. [vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 13:21 
Isn't that lovely?

Another Memory:

Radioactive
Ferrous
BiPolar Bear

I have come to the conclusion that these are just meaningless, and I am probably just a dreamer or something. I can't see any link to what I've been remembering, either to the people here, the situation or between the words themselves.

What we do need to do is not let this day timeout.

OSomeone is forcing people to vote for others, Does this unseen hand know anything? Is it random? or is it just based on guess work?

I think we need to look back at that, also has anyone else had any votes that they can't account for?

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 13:35 

right, I've got nothing. Mr Dom's vote was dodgy, if it wasn't him, then Mr Russ was dodgy. Mr Russ admits he was just jumping on a bandwagon.
Grim... voted for Alarm, alarm put the last kill in on myp (ignore what I said yesterday). and he didn't vote at all yesterday - allowing the day to time out (note, he was not the only one).

[vote:alarm]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 13:46 
Isn't that lovely?

Ya know, looking back through the last week, Alarm does seem kinda suspicious, throwing in the last vote as Bobby has mentioned, I already had my eye on bobby, and now he and Alarm are trying to distance themselves from each other...

I wouldn't be suprised if they were both on the same side...

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 13:49 
Isn't that lovely?

As such

[vote:alarm]

Even if I am wrong about them both being on the same side...

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 13:52 

Malc wrote:
Ya know, looking back through the last week, Alarm does seem kinda suspicious, throwing in the last vote as Bobby has mentioned, I already had my eye on bobby, and now he and Alarm are trying to distance themselves from each other...

I wouldn't be suprised if they were both on the same side...

Malc

now he and I are trying to distance each other? Why would we do that when 1) he hasn't posted to do so, and 2) I didn't know you had your eye on me.

That is a very strange thing to say, malc.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 13:56 
Isn't that lovely?

On a previous day I mentioned I thought you and a couple of others were suspicious.

Yesterday, alarm voted for you, and today you are voting for him.

My speculation is that you, he and myp were mafia, when myp was on the way out, alarm jumped on the band wagon to make himself look innocent, then you try and look like you both are on different sides, so if one of you gets caught, the other looks like a golden boy.

Like, I said I might be wrong, but certainly it's not unheard of for people of the same team to cast the last vote on an obviously guilty man, hence my vote.

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 13:59 

Well, I'm fine with your incorrect theory as long as it keeps you aimed at alarm.and not me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 14:39 
Excellent Member

I'm not in any team (as far as I know). I'll gladly [vote:bobbyaro] again, as you seem to want me to.

I also find MrDom suspicious.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 14:45 

The points about Alarm are good ones, but I'm finding it difficult to get over what was said about TheVision on the last day, still. Something there just seems dodgy.

Not sure what to make of Mr Dom's strange vote. Seems to be very much the same thing that happened to Wookie, so unless there is some collusion between the two, then there must be an outside hand at play, but working for which side?

The only other thing that MAY have been an instance of this was when Myp put in a vote (was it for Bobby? Sorry, I'm on phone, so it's difficult to check) with no discussion, no previous notion of voting for Bobby, and no justification, and he turned out to be in the Mafia.

If that's the case then maybe the person who is forcing the votes on people (do we think this is the role that's previously been referred to as the 'hacker'?) is trying to use this power to highlight who they think might be mafia, by forcing suspected mafia people to vote certain ways?

If Myp did have his vote controlled by someone, then that person can't be mafia at least, either good working alone on the side of bad.

I am suspicious of Alarm, and though I was a little suspicious of Mr Dom its now because I'm wondering if there was a reason he, in particular, was selected. But at the same time, if the 'hacker', if that's what this person is, is trying to use Mr Dom to point us to TheVision for some reason, then that on top of all that strange non vote and then casting a vote a few minutes after he's called out on this is making The Vision my top candidate for likely baddie right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 14:48 
Excellent Member

At the moment, I'm happy to change my vote to TheVision or Mr Dom. I'm also on my phone, so checking my memory isn't easy at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 18:04 

Someone made me vote and stops me from changing my vote for today.
However, notice that it doesn't have anything else from me, just the vote itself, just like KrazyWookie, and it happened before I posted anything.
It was a totally 'automated' occurance - it was there on my TV screen when I woke up, which is why there was nothing else - just a vote.
Myp's vote for Bobby was short, but was clearly done by him when he was awake, and not the result of a hack.

I don't think the hacker has any investigation stuff tho - they also voted for APOD who was a townie. It seems a totally random thing to do - it doubles one persons vote power - but with no investigation it is as good a shooting in the dark.

I am still super-suss of TheVision for continued quietness - tho there are a few quiet ones around (Alarm being one of them)
Also suss of Kovacs, as my current theory on the psychic is that they only identifies non-test subjects, so I think he may be a power role of some description. Again - based on guesswork as to the rules governing these messages (they may be booby-traps as it were)

Bobby - I'm not so suss of. He seems to be one of the more useful people (as told to me by my atrocious gut instinct)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 18:25 
chewbacca -future arc welder

well given the lack of any further/better theories, I am going to stick with yesterday's thoughts. I suspected TheVision because of his knee-jerk reaction vote after being called out for not voting and as I see it its the best we've got. If he isn't baddie then he's quiet enough top be no real loss to the townies anyway so [vote:TheVision]

Have at you! defend yourself man!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 18:54 

Alarm wrote:
I'm not in any team (as far as I know). I'll gladly [vote:bobbyaro] again, as you seem to want me to.

Cleverly done, and an admission of guilt, for when you are found to be Mafia, people will look at malc's post and think what he had to say is true. As you have posted this after malc's post, you are in essence admitting to be mafia.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 19:13 
Excellent Member

Bobbyaro wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Cleverly done, and an admission of guilt, for when you are found to be Mafia, people will look at malc's post and think what he had to say is true. As you have posted this after malc's post, you are in essence admitting to be mafia.

Erm, what?

I don't know what my role is. I can only assume it is a no-power role.

If I am to be killed, let me say this: I am not on bobbyaro's team. As far as I know, I am a benign 'townie'.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 19:42 

Bobbyaro wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Hmm? elaborate for the hard of thinking please! ?:|

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 19:47 
Time Out for Fun

Hello, I've really not got a clue what to think in this 'game' anymore.

Bit gutted to have missed Friday, wasn't expecting it to be finished so quickly.

I have to be honest I'm finding you all as suspicious as each other at the minute which doesn't really help much for picking someone to vote. I think I fancy MrRussell as a bad un.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 21:18 

krazywookie wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
Alarm wrote:

I claim alarm is mafia, malc claims we are trying to distance ourselves, alarm votes for me. Alarm's vote for me is intended to add weight to malc's argument in that if we lynch Alarm and he is mafia, then I will look suspicious.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 21:33 

Bobbyaro wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
Alarm wrote:

I claim alarm is mafia, malc claims we are trying to distance ourselves, alarm votes for me. Alarm's vote for me is intended to add weight to malc's argument in that if we lynch Alarm and he is mafia, then I will look suspicious.

Ok I get that but if that is what alarm is doing then he's really dropping himself in it, and it's not like he's nearly lynched and so trying to drag you with him, the votings too open for that yet. Although I must say its strange that he would change his vote just because malc said it would make him look sus. It makey no sense!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 22:31 
Excellent Member

I didn't change my vote.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 23:43 

Alarm wrote:
I didn't change my vote.

Oh sorry, you were just talking about it. Anyway, I still see bobbys logic as a bit fuzzy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:00 

maybe so. Or maybe you are his mafia teammate trying to defend him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:09 

I had a good read through of this thread last night, because I was a tad confused by who'd said what by the end of the day, and after I'd re-read the day's events I just had a look to check on when the day ended today and noticed Joans' name in the player list. I didn't even realise he was in the game, so quiet is he.

If he's just not taking part in the game then he's hardly doing us any help, even if he is a regular test subject, or is it possible that he's staying quiet and hidden in the day because he's out murdering in the night?

I actually have no idea, but I just think its worth reminding people that he is still part of the numbers here, so might be worth considering. TheVision is still my main suspect, though, so I'm going to put my vote in now, subject to change, and see what happens later in the day.

[vote:TheVision]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:35 
Excellent Member

Bobbyaro wrote:
maybe so. Or maybe you are his mafia teammate trying to defend him.

Straw clutching, much?

I don't know for sure if you are a mafioso, but you are high on my list of suspicious persons.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 13:18 

yeah, that was a joke, I was hopping someone would get indignant enough to admit being Mafia. Yeah, you could say "clutching at straws''. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 13:56 
Excellent Member

Bobbyaro wrote:
yeah, that was a joke, I was hopping someone would get indignant enough to admit being Mafia. Yeah, you could say "clutching at straws''. :)

Nice try. Smacks more of desperation than an attempt at humour.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 13:56 
Awesome
Yes

Bobbyaro wrote:

You are the mafia don?!?!?!?!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 14:39 
Awesome
Yes

As nothing is happening, [vote:TheVision]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 19:00 
Excellent Member

Three hours to go, folks. We cannot afford to sleep without trying to kill off a baddie.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 19:17 

Can someone post the votes?
& if it times out again then even more massively huge FoS's at the no-voters...

This is starting to get a bit silly :/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 19:28 
Time Out for Fun

Times running out and we need to lynch someone, last time I did a vote in this situation this we got a bad guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 19:56 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

You won't be getting a bad guy if you lynch me this time. My vote yesterday was for the same reason as Mr Doms and Krazywookie. They'll understand I'm sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 20:03 

I've just popped back on to see if anything else has come to light since my vote earlier. Nothing really (not to change my mind, anyway) but I notice that TheVision hasn't posted this whole 'day' (and would again re-state that Joans is failing to participate, so it will be annoying if we lose a townie needlessly due to a modkill (he said he'd received a message on the previous day but thought this was a warning about non-participation). Still, silent vs. silent and suspicious voting yesterday keeps my vote with TheVision, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 20:04 
Master of dodgy spelling....

bobbyaro: 1 (Alarm)
alarm: 2 (Bobbyaro, Malc)
thevision: 4 (krazywookie, Mimi, Mr Russell, Runcle)

Not voted: 4 (kovacsc, mr dom, thevision, joans)

With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/work.php

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 20:04 

I am not happy about voting for the Vision, but if I don't we will time out again...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 20:13 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 20:23 

My autovote appears to have fallen off, so here it is again...

[vote: TheVision]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 20:34 

bobbyaro: 1 (Alarm)
alarm: 2 (Bobbyaro, Malc)
thevision: 6 (krazywookie, Mimi, Mr Russell, Runcle, KovacsC, Mr Dom)

Not voted: 2 (thevision, joans)

With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/work.php

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 21:05 
Sleepyhead

Eventually, the crowd decides and pushes TheVision to the front.

"A nice, quick death for you."

A dart hits TheVision in the neck, and he falls to the floor.

"You've killed another Insignificant Test Subject. Well done. At this rate you'll all be dead soon."

Night Actions by midday Wednesday

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]