Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Amnesia Scum Day Six
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:10 
Sleepyhead

Oh mornings. Sirens for alarm clocks and nerve gas in place of your Mum screaming at you. In a way, it's like being a child again.

A child who sees another coffin in the big white room.

No prizes for guessing the inhabitant.

Grim... is dead.

"Another one bites the dust. This man was connected. He had friends. Some are still around, and they are benevolent.

Grim... was a Mason"

SHORT DAY! - Today ends at 9pm Friday.

[playerlist]
Craster
Runcle
Mr Russell
Mimi
KovacsC
Mr Dom
TheVision
Bobbyaro
Malc
krazywookie
Joans
Alarm
[/playerlist]

Post subject: Re: Amnesia Scum Day Six
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:17 
Excellent Member

Bah. Still, at least myp was a mafioso.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:19 
Excellent Member

We also know that there are at least two masons left.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:21 

:( Well I guess that was all but inevitable, but at least we can now take Grim...s past postings as well intentioned at least, and that might help to at least avoid other masons, right? Not that Grim...'s suspicions were always exactly accurate, but at least we now know he wasn't deliberately setting the ball rolling to pick off good folks and roles that were good for the town.

I was pretty suspicious of Grim... as he seemed so tangled up in everything with APoD and Trooper, but at least we got our first bad guy taken out. A roleblocker, too, so we potentially have another town power role to make use of with him out of the way? Any ideas what it might be and if it was put to use in any way last night?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:22 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

yes, and as Grim... was voting for him, and we have nothing else:
[vote:Mr dom]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:22 

yes, and as Grim... was voting for him, and we have nothing else:
[vote:Mr dom]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:33 

As I'm not sure how much of the time I'm going to be on here today (just because I have a bit on my mind, despite the amnesia), I'm going to agree with Bobby on this... Mr Dom was Grim...s other target, and Mr Dom seemed to want Grim... out of the picture, so [vote:Mr Dom]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:38 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

HOLD UP, kids.

Before we speed into doing that, I'm not convinced. Dom was outspoken and wrong about Grim..., but I don't think that was necessarily malicious. I'm more suspicious of Bobby - trying to speed into a vote today, a dubious argument with myp yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:51 
Excellent Member

Craster wrote:
HOLD UP, kids.

Before we speed into doing that, I'm not convinced. Dom was outspoken and wrong about Grim..., but I don't think that was necessarily malicious. I'm more suspicious of Bobby - trying to speed into a vote today, a dubious argument with myp yesterday.

I agree. [Vote:Bobbyaro]

I'll be back later on. I need a nap.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 

Craster wrote:
HOLD UP, kids.

We have until 8pm. Yesterday about 4 people posted,
2 of those are dead. Grim... targeted Mr Dom, Mr Dom targeted Grim.... Grim has been shown to be good.
Myp "argued" with me, he randomly tried to get me killed without back up. Myp has been shown to be bad.
Some how you manage to construe this to mean I am bad. WTF?
You are going to say something along the lines of, "well myp targeted you to make it look like you aren't on the same side."
1) that would only be of any use at all if myp is proven to be bad, I am doubting severely that anyone would deliberately do that and then go on to get themselves killed, but even were they to do that.
However, myp did not go on to get himself killed, Grim... (see above proven good guy) led the charge on him with very little input from myp.

So, let's summarise:
1) known good guy targets someone.
2) known bad guy targets someone
3) Alarm votes for person known bad guy has targeted.

Oooookay.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:33 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Bobbyaro wrote:
We have until 8pm. Yesterday about 4 people posted,
2 of those are dead. Grim... targeted Mr Dom, Mr Dom targeted Grim.... Grim has been shown to be good.
Myp "argued" with me, he randomly tried to get me killed without back up. Myp has been shown to be bad.
Some how you manage to construe this to mean I am bad. WTF?

Yeah, I know. Strange, isn't it?

Quote:
You are going to say something along the lines of, "well myp targeted you to make it look like you aren't on the same side."
1) that would only be of any use at all if myp is proven to be bad, I am doubting severely that anyone would deliberately do that and then go on to get themselves killed, but even were they to do that.

Yep.

Quote:
However, myp did not go on to get himself killed, Grim... (see above proven good guy) led the charge on him with very little input from myp.

Actually no - I did.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:05 
Isn't that lovely?

Sorry, not been around, I guess the gas was too strong for me yesterday and I slept through it.

Excellent that we've finally got a baddie, and more good news (well maybe) in that after 2 nights of no memories, I finally got another memory snippet.

No Angels

Once again it doesn't seem to mean that much.

Perhaps I don't like Robbie Williams?

I need to catch up on what's gone on for the couple of days, to see what's what...

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:37 
What's this bit for exactly?

Oh well - sorry Grim...!

As explained numerous times, I was going on the theory that the messages were truthful in some way.
Talking of which, I had one delivered last night:

Kovacs is a bad guy. I'm sure of it.

Hrmmm....
2 out of 2 have been wrong, so 3rd time lucky?

I suspect the psychic is only able to detect if someone is not an innocent test subject, and not which side they are on.
Power roles for town left are (I think):
Rubbish psychic
2 or 3 masons

?Hacker - not sure what side the hacker is on... the ability to make someone cast a vote seems a bit scummy?

vs. 3(?) bad guys

So - possibly 5v3?
Not the best odds for a rubbish hacker, but I think it means Kovacs has some explaining to do.

You could vote for me today if you really must, and it will just prove what I have said all along - I am an innocent test subject (I had this confirmed by boobies).
I suspect I will be got in the night tonight anyway for being one of the more pro-active people around.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Why am I a bad guy?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:01 

you tell me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:04 

Huh? Did you completely ignore most of what I wrote?

At best, its 50/50 that you are a bad guy.
I'm 95% sure you have a power role of some description, be it hacker, mafia, or mason.

Mind you, I was pretty sure Grim was a bad guy. Well, I KNEW we needed to kill Grim to find out more info about what the messages mean, but my gut instinct said he smelled like a wrong'un. Probably just wind now I look back on it...

Having a very brief glance back through the voting patterns now, I suspect you of being a mason.
But given my demonstrable wrongness, who knows what it means :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:30 
Isn't that lovely?

There does not appear to be a playerlist, so I can't see what's what with the voting at the moment.

Looking back, my suspect radar is looking at Mr Dom, craster and Bobby at being suspect, but I really don't know

Mr Dom looks like he's trying to finger Kovacs without actually saying he is bad, casting the seed of doubt, but that might not be intentional.

I really don't know where to turn, Part of me sees all this as a big bluff, but I'm nearly always wrong when I think along those lines.

I know we haven't got too much time, but I will hold of voting for now (at the very least until the playerlist is fixed)

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:31 

It looks like your messages are a lie..

Or you are making them up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:34 
Awesome
Yes

Mr Dom wrote:
I suspect the psychic is only able to detect if someone is not an innocent test subject, and not which side they are on.

So Kovacs would definitely not be an Innocent Test Subject by that logic.
If I vote for him and he's a mason I guess I'd be discouraged by other masons steering the voting away, so [vote:kovacsc] to test the waters and the likelihood that he's a mafioso.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:45 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Russell wrote:
If I vote for him and he's a mason I guess I'd be discouraged by other masons steering the voting away, so [vote:kovacsc] to test the waters and the likelihood that he's a mafioso.

So basically you're saying that your vote is a direct attempt to out the masons? Really?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:46 

Malc wrote:
Mr Dom looks like he's trying to finger Kovacs without actually saying he is bad, casting the seed of doubt, but that might not be intentional.

I just got a message in the night, that's all. Given what we know of the previous 2 'targets' of the messages, they have not turned out to be baddies, but they have been power roles.

Quote:
It looks like your messages are a lie..

Or you are making them up.

We know the messages do not point exclusively to bad guys. I suspect they point to power roles only & the psychic can't distinguish good from bad.
I could be wrong.
I'm not lying, and if you have to lynch me to see that I am an innocent test subject and have been truthful (if wrong) throughout. As an innocent & a townie, I have no reason to make up a message pointing at you. Even then, the messages have been shown to be unreliable at finding bad guys.

And if you had bothered reading the rest of my post, you would have seen that I thought you were a mason.,
I'll spell it out for you:
not voting for Grim on day 3
voting with Grim on days 4 & 5
makes me suspect you are a mason, and the psychic is being rubbish.

However, if the masons know you are not a mason, then by relaying the message they can push for the vote as there would be a good chance you are the bad guy or the hacker.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:48 

Okay, although I am currently voting for him, I don't understand this questioning of the message. Malc and Kopvacs seem to be acting deliberately stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:51 

Bobbyaro wrote:
Malc and Kopvacs seem to be acting deliberately stupid.

:this:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:53 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Dom wrote:
Power roles for town left are (I think):
Rubbish psychic
2 or 3 masons

?Hacker - not sure what side the hacker is on... the ability to make someone cast a vote seems a bit scummy?

vs. 3(?) bad guys

So - possibly 5v3?
Not the best odds for a rubbish hacker, but I think it means Kovacs has some explaining to do.

So, what you've just done here, based on your own logic, is pass on information that's vitally useful to the bad guys in terms of identifying perfect targets for them?

Value to the town of what you've posted: Indicates Kovacs is a something or other.
Value to the bad guys: If Kovacs isn't a bad guy, they now know he's a good-guy power role.

I hope you're wrong about the power-role sensing, because if you're not you've just sold out one of the good guys.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:57 
Isn't that lovely?

Oh,

I am not questioning the message, but more that explaining that he is probably innocent after receiving almost seemed liked over egging the pudding.

Maybe it's my trying to overcomplicate things again.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:57 

Bobbyaro wrote:
Okay, although I am currently voting for him, I don't understand this questioning of the message. Malc and Kopvacs seem to be acting deliberately stupid.

Not really, why not question the Message.

Didn't he say Grim was a bad guy, which turned out to 100% wrong. Thus it is 100% wrong about me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 14:00 

Oh right, so instead, having received a message overnight, I should just keep it quiet?
The first thing I did was post that I had received the message, just like everyone else who had received one did.
It is extra information that we are getting from somewhere.

Only afterwards when I had time to look at previous threads did I stop to do my own analysis of what it could mean, but by my own admission, my analysis has not been particularly great so far.

But, is the general consensus that anyone else getting a message should keep schtum in case we finger one of the oh-so-useful masons?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 14:02 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Dom wrote:
Oh right, so instead, having received a message overnight, I should just keep it quiet?
The first thing I did was post that I had received the message, just like everyone else who had received one did.
It is extra information that we are getting from somewhere.

Only afterwards when I had time to look at previous threads did I stop to do my own analysis of what it could mean, but by my own admission, my analysis has not been particularly great so far.

But, is the general consensus that anyone else getting a message should keep schtum in case we finger one of the oh-so-useful masons?

I said, based on your logic. You came up with the idea that it identified power roles. Having done that, your own logic should tell you that keeping schtum is a better idea.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 14:02 

Mr Dom wrote:

Did I say that, I am just saying that who ever is giving you the messages is wrong or misleading you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 14:03 
Isn't that lovely?

KovacsC wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:

Not really, why not question the Message.

Didn't he say Grim was a bad guy, which turned out to 100% wrong. Thus it is 100% wrong about me.

That's what he did say, although I don't get that just because Grim...'s note was wrong it means that the note about you is wrong. It might be wrong, but it might be fluked right.

It would be interesting to know if anyone recieved a note saying the opposite? ie "Person X is a goodie"

Maybe it works that he's always wrong, maybe it works that it always reports that someone is bad, maybe it works that it reports that power roles are bad?

Who knows?

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 14:03 

Or perhaps Mr Dom has identified that KovacsC is a power role on the baddie's side and so someone we should perhaps consider lynching. As with anyone it is a risk, perhaps too risky as rather than good v bad role, it might be good v bad POWER role, so we might score big time by offing a baddie power role, or lose what is perhaps our last role of any power. Or, of course, the message could simply be incorrect or deliberately misleading.

Were the last people to have been the subjects of this 'X is a bad guy, I'm sure of it' message actually people who had power roles? I'm sure the wording is the same as at least one previous message, but a combination of not having proper access to previous days' conversation logs and being a bit out of sorts today means I can't immediately recall who they concerned. Anyone have a better memory or easier access than me and can pull up the info? Might be important, might not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 14:10 

All I am saying is that I am a good guy, and the message that Mr Dom has been given is wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 14:13 

Mimi wrote:
Were the last people to have been the subjects of this 'X is a bad guy, I'm sure of it' message actually people who had power roles? I'm sure the wording is the same as at least one previous message, but a combination of not having proper access to previous days' conversation logs and being a bit out of sorts today means I can't immediately recall who they concerned. Anyone have a better memory or easier access than me and can pull up the info? Might be important, might not.

Previous messages were:
Grim... is a bad guy - Grim... was a Mason
Trooper is a bad guy - Trooper was Town Doctor

There have been days with no message sent too, which suggests to me that there is some condition to the person succesfully sending a message. Its obviously not a good/bad one, so my guess is that it is based on being not an innocent test subject.

Or Boobies is just messing with us, cos he likes cock.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 14:14 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mimi wrote:
Were the last people to have been the subjects of this 'X is a bad guy, I'm sure of it' message actually people who had power roles?

Yes. Trooper (Doctor) and Grim... (Mason)

Seriously, anyone who is actually considering voting for someone on the basis of notes that so far have identified two townie power roles as bad guys is off their nut and should immediately line up for a blowdart in the back of the neck.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 14:21 
Awesome
Yes

The message could also have been sent to someone who was killed on the same night of course. [vote:unvote] for now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 14:28 
chewbacca -future arc welder

I don't think cutting kovacsC open is a good idea just yet. My boobies confirmed role is innocent test subject, have there been more than 5 claimed "confirmed roles"? I would check but phone = shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 14:35 

Mr Dom wrote:

And if you had bothered reading the rest of my post, you would have seen that I thought you were a mason.,
I'll spell it out for you:
not voting for Grim on day 3
voting with Grim on days 4 & 5
makes me suspect you are a mason, and the psychic is being rubbish.

However, if the masons know you are not a mason, then by relaying the message they can push for the vote as there would be a good chance you are the bad guy or the hacker.

So you think I am a bad guy and a mason?

I did not vote for Grim.. on day 3 as I did not think he was a baddie which he was not.
I think if we look at who voted for Grim... to see who the baddies are.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:11 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

KovacsC wrote:
I think if we look at who voted for Grim... to see who the baddies are.

Don't dislike that as an idea.

At the end of day three, these people were voting for Grim...

Trooper, myp, Runcle, Malc, Mr Dom, Bobbyaro, APoD, Mimi

At the end of day four, these people were voting for Trooper

ApplePieOfDestiny, Craster, Mimi, Malc, Grim..., KovacsC, Mr Russell, krazywookie, Joans

At the end of day five, these people weren't voting for myp

mr russell, mimi, thevision, malc, krazywookie

So, based on that, the most wrong voting has been from mimi and malc, closely followed by krazywookie and Mr Russell.

[vote:malc]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:17 

That's a good plan.

Can I add another thing to the mix (just been making a crazy spreadsheet of who voted for who) and...

Thevision has not voted once. For anyone.

That is quietness bordering on the level of uselessness.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:26 
Isn't that lovely?

Day 3 I was voting for Grim... as we were told he was bad and not voting for anyone wasn't working
Day 4 I was voting for Trooper because there was a lot wrong with what he was saying
Day 5 I didn't say anything all day as I was asleep

If APOD hadn't died he also filled the same criteria and would have been top of your list with me, but he wasn't bad.

I wonder if I caught your attention when I named you, mr dom, bobby etc.

hmmm

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:27 
Isn't that lovely?

[vote:Mr Dom]

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:28 

That makes no sense. I think many people would agree that Grim... was well suspicious when he gained quite a few votes.

Then he said he was a mason, and though it was doubtful nobody refuted it, so I believed he was a good guy so started to vote alongside him. I'm just a plain test subject, so couldn't be SURE he was a mason, but it seemed likely, so I voted alongside him pretty much from then on, as even if he was incorrect I knew he wasn't deliberately evil.

He himself voted for Trooper, so Grim... would have to be a baddie by that measure.

Yesterday, Grim... Changed his vote late in the two-day day. I couldn't really get on to play late yesterday to catch up (though, to be fair, I wasn't sure about voting for Myp as his vote for Bobby seemed too random, and I thought it might have been hacking, and Grim...'s guesses, however well intentioned hadn't, up to that point, exactly been 'accurate', had they?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:29 
Isn't that lovely?

Craster wrote:
At the end of day five, these people weren't voting for myp

mr russell, mimi, thevision, malc, krazywookie

So, based on that, the most wrong voting has been from mimi and malc, closely followed by krazywookie and Mr Russell.

[vote:malc]

I would suggest that if the mafia knew the game was up on one of their members they would sacrifice him to the wolves to try and clear their name, and then point out the people who didn't vote for them as suspects.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:34 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mimi wrote:
That makes no sense. I think many people would agree that Grim... was well suspicious when he gained quite a few votes.

Then he said he was a mason, and though it was doubtful nobody refuted it, so I believed he was a good guy so started to vote alongside him. I'm just a plain test subject, so couldn't be SURE he was a mason, but it seemed likely, so I voted alongside him pretty much from then on, as even if he was incorrect I knew he wasn't deliberately evil.

He himself voted for Trooper, so Grim... would have to be a baddie by that measure.

Yesterday, Grim... Changed his vote late in the two-day day. I couldn't really get on to play late yesterday to catch up (though, to be fair, I wasn't sure about voting for Myp as his vote for Bobby seemed too random, and I thought it might have been hacking, and Grim...'s guesses, however well intentioned hadn't, up to that point, exactly been 'accurate', had they?

Have we got anything better to go on than "Has voted the wrong way three times" though?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:38 

I don't buy that, at 5:33 myp had 2 votes, 9 posts later he was lynched with 8 votes. I find it hard to belive the mafia had a hand in that, it doesn't make sense he was very close to surviving the day, and then there would have been no issues. I may be wrong, but I am erring towards the people who didn't vote for myp being mafia.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:38 

Edit, that was at malc.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:39 

@ Craster, OTOH, as malc said, he was asleep all day yesterday, why have you chosen him over mimi?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:40 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Bobbyaro wrote:
@ Craster, OTOH, as malc said, he was asleep all day yesterday, why have you chosen him over mimi?

a) Random pick between the two
b) I don't buy this mysterious investigative dream role bollocks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:42 

sorry, may have missed something, why does b) point towards malc?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:48 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

He's been saying he gets messages "Mauve", "Ebony", "No Angel".

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next