Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Beex Noire : Day 7
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:20 
ugvm'er at heart...

Bugger all happened overnight, that was a turn up for the books!

Carry on.

[playerlist]
Gilly
Goddess Jasmine
TheVision
Mimi
KovacsC
Joans
[/playerlist]

Prizes for being in character, sticking to the theme and keeping the story going.

You will be voting to hand someone over to the cops.

Voting rules are as follows:
http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/
With 6 players alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch, and 5 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

If a majority is not reached, at the end of the "day" the person with the most votes will be handed over to the cops, regardless of whether it is an overall majority or not. if there is a draw, then the day will be extended for a length of time that i decide, where as soon as someone takes the lead, they will be voted out.
If it is still a draw after the "golden vote" period, then all players who have the highest number of votes will be taken away to the big house.

Day 7 ends Thursday at 2pm

Post subject: Re: Beex Noire : Day 7
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:56 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Wow, nothing happened... so who have we got left?

I’ll try to be around a bit more the next few days but this singing lark is tough... especially since I’ve lost most of my backing band!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:04 

Have we found the mafia *leader* yet or have all the mafia that have been locked up been goons? Can a mafia goon kill without the mafia leader?

Either there are no mafia left or either the mafia or serial killer decided not to kill with the prostitute entertaining the other role OR both serial killer and mafia decided not to kill and the prostitute got the wrong address... Are all of these scenarios possible, and which is the most likely, factoring in possible craftiness from the baddies?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:08 

None of the dead mafia have been identified as the goon. It is possible that the prostitute entertained a victim, and both the mafia and the SK went for that same person.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:08 

I mean identified as the leader, not the goon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:12 

I think that there must still be a mafia person left as Curio, Davpaz and Russell were all mafia goons rather than the mafia leader according to the information at the end of each day (unless I've misunderstood how the mafia leader role works). So if that is the case why would either the mafia or the serial killer (or both) not act last night?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:13 

See above.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:13 

Joans wrote:
None of the dead mafia have been identified as the goon. It is possible that the prostitute entertained a victim, and both the mafia and the SK went for that same person.

Sorry, you must have been posting at the same time as me, so I part repeated you. So, does the prostitute entertaining a townie protect that townie, then?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:14 

Joans wrote:
See above.

Yeah, simulposting :P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:15 

The prostitute roleblocks and protects the person they target.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:16 

Yes, it does say 'or having anything done to them' which I must have missed. Ok, that seems like a likely explanation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:16 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

So, was anyone visited by the prostitute last night? I wasn't.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:18 

Oh, OR the prostitute targeted one baddie, both roleblocking them from killing AND protecting them from the other baddie!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:25 

Mimi wrote:
Oh, OR the prostitute targeted one baddie, both roleblocking them from killing AND protecting them from the other baddie!

This could have also happened. I did start to write down all the possible permutations, but I got bored, but basically:
Either both killers targetted the same person, who was protected.
Or one killer targetted the other (or they both targetted each other) who was blocked/protected.

I guess it's possible one of them timed out, but seems unlikely at this stage.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:47 

Maybe not timed out but did it tactically? I wouldn't discount it as a possibility either way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:51 

I can't see why, except to confuse everybody. I think it's working. ?:|

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 13:59 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

You two seem very vocal this morning.. and seem to be coming to the same conclusion.

I have a FOS pointing at you both (along with everyone else left in the game...)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 14:05 

I've not really come to any conclusions, just possibilities. I'm working my way towards a conclusion, but I'm not too sure of it yet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 14:32 

TheVision wrote:
You two seem very vocal this morning.. and seem to be coming to the same conclusion.

I have a FOS pointing at you both (along with everyone else left in the game...)

Ah, ok... So if you're quiet you're suspicious, and if you take part you're suspicious.

Also, what's the conclusion I've come to, pray tell? That nobody was killed last night and that there are quite a few possibilities why this might be so? Yeah, that's *real* conclusive...

Just trying to work out all possibilities, is there a reason you'd not want those possibilities being explored?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 14:34 

Joans wrote:
I've not really come to any conclusions, just possibilities.

Apart from the possibilities that you realised but 'couldn't be bothered' to list, of course... Hmmm? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 14:36 

Mimi wrote:
Joans wrote:
I've not really come to any conclusions, just possibilities.

Apart from the possibilities that you realised but 'couldn't be bothered' to list, of course... Hmmm? ;)

I think I still covered them all, I just started to list each one individually and got fed up after the second line.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 14:46 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Mimi wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Ah, ok... So if you're quiet you're suspicious, and if you take part you're suspicious.

Also, what's the conclusion I've come to, pray tell? That nobody was killed last night and that there are quite a few possibilities why this might be so? Yeah, that's *real* conclusive...

Just trying to work out all possibilities, is there a reason you'd not want those possibilities being explored?

I have come to my own private conclusion.. I'll explain all later. Let's just see how today pans out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 14:51 
Master of dodgy spelling....

*skiffle*

A preacher goes into a bar and says "Anybody who wants to go to heaven, stand up." Everybody stands up except for a drunk in the corner. The preacher says "My son, don't you want to go to heaven when you die?" The drunk says "When I die? Sure. I thought you were taking a load up now."

As far as I can see it, I am the only band member left... woot solos...

And out of the 5 of you, one is a prostitute, one is an SK and one is a don.

Gilly
Goddess Jasmine
TheVision
Mimi
Joans

so that gives me a 2 in 5 chance in hitting a baddie, also why no night actions the pro can only block one of you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 14:52 

Unless it is to hide in numbers, if one someone was killed, it would be a 50/50 chance of hitting a baddie..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 14:53 

KovacsC wrote:
Unless it is to hide in numbers, if one someone was killed, it would be a 50/50 chance of hitting a baddie..

Or there might be other possibilities that we most certainly haven't already discussed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:13 

KovacsC wrote:

so that gives me a 2 in 5 chance in hitting a baddie,

It gives the town a 2 in six chance of hitting a baddie as you're discounting yourself from the numbers.

Quote:
also why no night actions the pro can only block one of you.

Read the thread. The prostitute can protect someone. If the prostitute went after a townie and both the SK and mafia targeted that person, no actions would occur. Or any of the other possibilities already discussed and possibly ones yet unthought of.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:21 

Mimi wrote:
Read the thread. The prostitute can protect someone. If the prostitute went after a townie and both the SK and mafia targeted that person, no actions would occur. Or any of the other possibilities already discussed and possibly ones yet unthought of.

Like this is a Trooper game, so the SK, mafia leader and prostitute are probably all the same person. :p

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:21 
Ready for action

I haven't seen anything to change my mind about GJ. [Vote:Goddess Jasmine]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:23 

Mimi wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

It gives the town a 2 in six chance of hitting a baddie as you're discounting yourself from the numbers.

It gives the town a 2 in 5 as I am not a baddie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:23 

Joans wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Like this is a Trooper game, so the SK, mafia leader and prostitute are probably all the same person. :p

:facepalm: I forgot that :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:26 

*skiffle*

A bear walks into a bar an says to the bar tender, "I would like a bourbon and...... a coke." The bar tender says "What's up with the big pause?" The bear said "I've had them all my life"

I might have to agree with Gilly, and vote GJ, as at least it is giving use something to go on.

If the Mimi's theory is right, perhaps we might need to know who was visited and who the pro is?

Then It would discount 3 of us and make it a 2 in 3 chance to hit a baddie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:29 
Ready for action

I'm not sure I can find much problem with the prostitute stepping forward as long as we were able to consider what each action meant which I'm pretty sure I'm not capable of at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:32 

KovacsC wrote:
Mimi wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

It gives the town a 2 in 5 as I am not a baddie.

Ah well, as you've said that it must be conclusive proof.

What you seem to forget is that if you're a townie then you do not hold the power of throwing someone in jail alone, there is a vote, the power of which is held between all six of us, and you are a suspect as much as anyone else.

Discounting yourself from possible targets and talking of yourself as 'I' have a X in X chance of hitting X makes it sound like you are in a mindset to work alone, possibly as the SK or mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:37 

*skiffle*

A man walks into a bar, orders the bartender for two beers. He continues this for several nights and the bartender got a bit curious. The bartender walks up to him and asks "Sir, why do you always ask for two drinks?" the man replies, "I used to come here with my best friend but now he's dead. And I'm drinking the second beer on his behalf." A few days later, the man orders only for 1 beer. Curious, the bartender asks him," why only 1 beer now sir?" man replies, "I have given up drinking!

I am just going through my logic thought process.

6 left, I am a townie (which you will all say about yourselves)

So that gives all the good guys a 2 in 5 chance of hitting a baddie..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:38 

Gilly wrote:
I'm not sure I can find much problem with the prostitute stepping forward as long as we were able to consider what each action meant which I'm pretty sure I'm not capable of at the moment.

If the prostitute declares who they are it would surely be their end tonight, though, as the only blocking role.

If Joans is right that the prostitute offered someone protection last night from both parties then they might not know if they protected from both SK and mafia, one of the two or indeed blocked one of these baddies, so their information would, if I've understood the role and worked the possibilities out correctly, be of limited reliability and still rely on guesswork, and assuming they'd be lynched tonight we'd lose their ability to guard and roleblock.

Unless the information was concrete, I'd think it was a bad idea.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:39 

KovacsC is suffering from MATHS failure.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:41 

*skiffle*

A man walks into a bar and asks the bartender, "If I show you a really good trick, will you give me a free drink?" The bartender considers it, then agrees. The man reaches into his pocket and pulls out a tiny rat. He reaches into his other pocket and pulls out a tiny piano. The rat stretches, cracks his knuckles, and proceeds to play the blues.

After the man finished his drink, he asked the bartender, "If I show you an even better trick, will you give me free drinks for the rest of the evening?" The bartender agrees, thinking that no trick could possibly be better than the first. The man reaches into his pocket and pulls out a tiny rat. He reaches into his other pocket and pulls out a tiny piano. The rat stretches, cracks his knuckles, and proceeds to play the blues. The man reaches into another pocket and pulls out a small bullfrog, who begins to sing along with the rat's music.

While the man is enjoying his beverages, a stranger confronts him and offers him $100,000.00 for the bullfrog. "Sorry," the man replies, "he's not for sale." The stranger increases the offer to $250,000.00 cash up front. "No," he insists, "he's not for sale." The stranger again increases the offer, this time to $500,000.00 cash. The man finally agrees, and turns the frog over to the stranger in exchange for the money.

"Are you insane?" the bartender demanded. "That frog could have been worth millions to you, and you let him go for a mere $500,000!" "Don't worry about it." the man answered. "The frog was really nothing special. You see, the rat's a ventriloquist."

I don't want to force a role claim, but it could be the end for a townie tonight, unless we can hit a bad guy today.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:47 

*skiffle*

There was this guy at a bar, just looking at his drink. He stays like that for half of an hour.

Then, this big trouble-making truck driver steps next to him, takes the drink from the guy, and just drinks it all down. The poor man starts crying. The truck driver says, "Come on man, I was just joking. Here, I'll buy you another drink. I just can't stand to see a man cry."

"No, it's not that. This day is the worst of my life. First, I fall asleep, and I go late to my office. My boss, outrageous, fires me. When I leave the building, to my car, I found out it was stolen. The police said that they can do nothing. I get a cab to return home, and when I leave it, I remember I left my wallet and credit cards there. The cab driver just drives away."

"I go home, and when I get there, I find my wife in bed with the gardener. I leave home, and come to this bar. And just when I was thinking about putting an end to my life, you show up and drink my poison."

How am I suffering from maths failure?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 15:58 

6 of us left.

Can't or won't vote for ourselves,

So leaves 5.

At least 2 must be baddie so from my perspective

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 16:06 

TheVision wrote:

I have come to my own private conclusion.. I'll explain all later. Let's just see how today pans out.

That's... Helpful. There's no reason for the SK and mafia to work together as far as I can tell, they both have separate win conditions, so that 'coming to the same conclusions' argument is as useless as it is wrong in the first place, as we had reached different possibilities and no conclusions at all, so that could be your attempt at deflection.

I get more and more confused as the day goes on. I think that either Gilly or Jasmine is a baddie, and just based on previous suspicions of Gilly's voting behaviour I think it's her. I suspected Gilly and Joans at first, but now I'm starting to suspect KovacsC more than Joans, but maybe that's because the lengthy posts of jokes but no helpful information or thoughtfulness have started to grate these last few days when actual discussion is important.

Anyway, because I have stronger feelings about Gilly, [vote:Gilly]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 16:12 
Ready for action

If I were a baddy, I have been the worst baddy ever for being under the spotlight every single day basically and the town has been the worst town ever for not getting rid of me. I have been outspoken because I'm a goody and have maintained since the start that we need people to speak for the good of the town. If I was a baddy I would have been able to just make a few posts in the evenings without putting forward independant ideas, making enemies, making a lot of posts and putting myself out to make sure I get a chance to say something.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 16:18 

Sorry Mimi, I have to tell jokes as I am the funny guy in the band :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 16:33 

Can't you tell short rubbish jokes?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 16:48 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

The past couple of days, no one has admitted being visited by the prostitute have they? Why not? Has the prostitutes been missing people or have they hit baddies who (obviously) don't want their cover blown.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 16:54 
Ready for action

Well I can confirm I have never been visited by the prostitute and the prostitute themself will know this to be true. Why doesn't everyone else also say if they have or not?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 17:05 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I haven't been visited by the prostitue either..

So, would anyone else like to come forward and say they have or haven't?

If someone lies, the prostitue will know and (hopefully) they'll be able to say... in a subtle way obviously.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 17:10 

I don't know how they'd say in a 'subtle' way, but I have nothing to hide. I spent the night with the shady lady, not last night but the night before (the night of the fifth day).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 17:12 
Ready for action

Why didn't you say anything at the time Mimi?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 17:33 

Because it didn't seem to add anything to the proceedings, I wasn't under suspicion and mostly because I didn't want saying so to lead to who the prostitute might be. I've looked over past days and I can't work out who it is, so don't think it does.

However, what have we learned? Nothing. The only people who will be happy to say that the prostitute has called are innocent townies. Bad guys may lie to muddy the water, so I'm not sure what purpose it proves still, but having nothing to hide you are privy to this information as it was requested.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 17:45 
Ready for action

Well, it means that the prostitute at least will know who has owned up to visits and who is keeping that to themselves and the only people who would want to keep it quiet is baddies so it means the prostitute has a narrower list of people to suspect.
It is a bit odd that you don't appreciate that, since in the last few day you have been calling for more discussion, what harm does this conversation do?
Also, I see that the night you were visited there was a SK kill so we can rule you out as that. There was also a mafia kill but there wa also still a known ejected mafia member alove at that time who could have been the one to carry out the kill.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next