Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Beex Noire : Day 4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:20 
ugvm'er at heart...

Another day, another night of… absolutely nothing…

Carry on.

[playerlist]
Squirt
Craster
Goddess Jasmine
DavPaz
Mr Russell
Gilly
Curiosity
TheVision
Mimi
kalmar
KovacsC
Craig
Slightly Green
Gazchap
Joans
flis
MaliA
[/playerlist]

Prizes for being in character, sticking to the theme and keeping the story going.

You will be voting to hand someone over to the cops.

Voting rules are as follows:
http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/
With 17 players alive, 9 votes are required for a lynch, and 13 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

If a majority is not reached, at the end of the "day" the person with the most votes will be handed over to the cops, regardless of whether it is an overall majority or not. if there is a draw, then the day will be extended for a length of time that i decide, where as soon as someone takes the lead, they will be voted out.
If it is still a draw after the "golden vote" period, then all players who have the highest number of votes will be taken away to the big house.

Day 4 ends Wednesday at 2pm

Can a mod do the dead thread thing please for LaceSensor please.

Post subject: Re: Beex Noire : Day 4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 
Unpossible!

#Another townie down, but a bloodless night. Small mercies. What could have happened in these dark alleys to cause that combination?#

Morning.

#I looked for signs of night activity. Did I see any?#

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 
Sleepyhead

Interesting.

Anyone care to admit to being hookerised?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:30 
baron of techno

Sadly not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:34 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

So, we can probably assume that the hooker has useful information.

Also, until tonight we've only had one kill every night, and it's been a suspiciously 'crazed psycho' looking kill rather than carrying the traits of a gangland execution. What's that about?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:35 
Unpossible!

I'd guess there's a crazed psycho afoot.

#It needed saying#

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:36 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

DavPaz wrote:

#It needed saying#

Yes, that much is obvious. But what's with the crime bosses keeping such a low profile?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:51 
Sleepyhead

Craster wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

#It needed saying#

Yes, that much is obvious. But what's with the crime bosses keeping such a low profile?

With investigative roles about, there's no mileage in them just sitting around, unless they just want to hear more of my fine, fine bass playing.

I think that there's got to be useful info out there. I'd like to know who was visited by a hooker recently.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:02 
Unpossible!

#The thought occurred to me that one of the staff of the club could be in a great position to be an informer. I said nothing#

Nothing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:05 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Davpaz was acting very strangely this morning. Could do with him explaining his behaviour.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:06 
Unpossible!

Craster wrote:
Davpaz was acting very strangely this morning. Could do with him explaining his behaviour.

I'm a complicated man. No one understands me but my woman.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:08 
Awesome
Yes

The thought occurs to me that this club is tearing itself apart with fear of the unknown, despite not a lot happening overnight for us to fear.

We should all sit down and watch one of my films instead. Who here has a favourite?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:36 
Ready for action

This is all very weird. Another innocent gone and yesterday it was two innocents up against each other. I'm still saying its one of the non voters.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:36 
Excellent Member

Mr Russell wrote:
The thought occurs to me that this club is tearing itself apart with fear of the unknown, despite not a lot happening overnight for us to fear.

We should all sit down and watch one of my films instead. Who here has a favourite?

Look, I ain't a movie fan unless it's blue with lots of X's in the title. Are you a guy or a gal, it's hard to tell, you smell like flowers but I don't see a dress?

So we all made it through the night, hey? Good. I dunno why the mafia aren't making themselves felt, seems strange they wouldn't be trying to take over by reducing our numbers overnight.

I also didn't get a visit off a hooker last night, I ain't got the Benjamins for her services, obviously.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:44 
Sleepyhead

Mr Russell wrote:

Which one is the shortest?

I'm happy to go either for someone quiet, or someone who has been visited by the hooker.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:47 
Ready for action

I am also happy with that. I have someone who was visited by the hooker that I'm supicious of but I'm not putting it out there til other people have spoken because I'm not going to try and discuss theroies only for a few people to jump on what I say, vote along with it, we find out the person is innocent and then I get blamed. Let the quiet people speak. How about we vote for whoever hasn't spoken by the end of the day?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:50 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Agreed. Davpaz got visited by the hooker and there wasn't a mafia kill. I'd be willing to believe that the hooker would go for him again, given that.

[vote:davpaz]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:50 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Oops - that was at Curio.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:55 
Unpossible!

That would be a silly hooker, no? I wasn't hookered last night also.

#Was that bloodlust in Craster's eyes?#

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 14:20 
Gogmagog

I'm going to stick with my ideas right now, before I go back to grinding my beans. There's something not quite right about this dame.

[vote:gilly]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 14:32 
Awesome
Yes

Is it worth the hooker coming forwards to say who was blocked each night, because with no kill last night they must surely have blocked a baddie?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 16:06 
Ready for action

I know she was a lady of easy virtue but the thought of he putting herself in danger didn't sit well with me.
I don't think we should ask the hooked to name themselves and instead think we should let them continue doing what they're doing since they seem to be having some success.
I don't know if I should be suspicious of malia for keeping on my case, why is that malia?! I'm not sure I understand the reasons behind it.
Also, for what its worth, my original feelings were DavPaz because I suggested voting for people who hadn't voted and DavPaz reacted immediatly by voting (for me!). When the tide seemed to turn later and a couple of people had said they thought I was innocent, not only did his vote change but it turned 180 degrees and became a vote saving me and condeming lace.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 16:11 
Sleepyhead

It seems to me that with so little suspicion needed to tip off the police, the bad guys might be hiding and keeping quiet. Normally I appreciate that as there's nothing like a good, attentive audience when playing smooth jazz, but now... now it worries me.

[vote:Craig]

I can't even remember when he last said anything (though there are a few contenders for the title of quietest player).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 16:14 

Gilly wrote:
Also, for what its worth, my original feelings were DavPaz because I suggested voting for people who hadn't voted and DavPaz reacted immediatly by voting (for me!). When the tide seemed to turn later and a couple of people had said they thought I was innocent, not only did his vote change but it turned 180 degrees and became a vote saving me and condeming lace.

Davpaz threw another vote in between condemning you and Lacesensor - a vote for KovacsC. I don't know if that has any baring on things, whether Davpaz votes like a scattergun, hoping to hit something or if it is a tactic to throw people off the scent by voting for people he has no intention of offing before settling on an actual target.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 16:21 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

There’s quite a few quiet people and I think I’ve been one the past few days... sorry, I’ve been resting my vocal chords for my big break!

(Either that or I’ve been working, I forget now...)

Anyway, I have a few suspicions but I’m going to go to my dressing room to have a think.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 16:45 

Hey guys, guys! My old business pal and chum, God rest his soul, was very good at updating his spreadsheets daily, and without fail. I'm looking at the information I compiled yesterday, and adding in the fate of that Lacesensor chap. And who's going to pour me a drink whilst I compile this new info now that the bartender's gone and been locked up? What's wrong with everyone?!

Why does it look like the bad guys are staying quiet? Probably because they are content to let the rest of us sit back and slowly throw each other into the slammer. Pass me my special Excell pen and let me think a moment...

Slightly Green, Craster and KovacsC voted for Lacesensor, along with a last minute vote from Davpaz, who suffered another change of heart.

Gilly and Lacesensor semed to be arguing against each other for some of yesterday, and I don't know who is more suspicious, Gilly, or the one who swung the vote from one suspicious person to another. And then ther's Mali, who voted for the locked up Gospvg, the murdered Alarm and the almost-arrested Gilly. I'm interested to know why those who voted for Lacesensor did so. I'm slightly weary of Craster, who like Mali has voted for someone who when they weren't locked up, was killed in the night. Why did the night action holders want Alarm dead, and did they try to get the townspeople to lock up one of their own first.

I'm going to vote for [vote:MaliA] on the basis that He voted for Gospvg on the first night, an innocent person now in jail, then alarm - innocent, and though not thrown in jail, brutally murdered that same night, and then Gilly. Gilly, MaliA, Davpaz and Craster are at the top of my spreadsheet of suspicion right now. Someone please release the bartender from jail. This is thirsty work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 17:22 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mimi wrote:
I'm slightly weary of Craster

:'(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 17:35 
Best
Board Mother

Mr Russell wrote:
Is it worth the hooker coming forwards to say who was blocked each night, because with no kill last night they must surely have blocked a baddie?

I agree with this. Also, the Craig theory.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 17:45 

Craster wrote:
Mimi wrote:

oops. Hehe, wary :P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 18:17 
Sleepyhead

Mimi wrote:
Craster wrote:
Mimi wrote:

oops. Hehe, wary :P

I'm pretty weary of him too.

If some of our quieter members have not piped up then I suggest we hand them over to the police tomorrow, unless further info comes to light.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 20:38 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Morning fellas, what a night i had, now i am guessing that this may not put me in the best of lights but i just have to share my realisation with the world! I got laid last night by another woman, and it wasn't too bad. <ooc- i have requested pics as obviously no pics or it didn't happen :DD>

Now i realise this may at first glance make me look more guilty than a cat with a budgie feather stuck to her top whisker but please try to look at it from my point of view.

I am a simple townie, this is the first time anything has happened to me in the night recently (this game). It seems to me to be better to be straight up about me being visited by a very enthusiastic lady of the night, than to keep my beautiful little mouth shut and get implicated if she is forced out of hiding by the nefarious people in this room, which i strongly believe would be a very bad thing for us innocents.

The fact that nothing else happened last night wasn't due to me being shacked up with the lady of the night, so what else could have stayed the hands of the crazed killers?

<Saunters off to tidy up make up>

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

Post subject: Beex Noire : Day 4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 21:08 
Awesome
Yes

Slightly Green wrote:
Morning fellas, what a night i had, now i am guessing that this may not put me in the best of lights but i just have to share my realisation with the world! I got laid last night by another woman, and it wasn't too bad. <ooc- i have requested pics as obviously no pics or it didn't happen :DD>

Now i realise this may at first glance make me look more guilty than a cat with a budgie feather stuck to her top whisker but please try to look at it from my point of view.

I am a simple townie, this is the first time anything has happened to me in the night recently (this game). It seems to me to be better to be straight up about me being visited by a very enthusiastic lady of the night, than to keep my beautiful little mouth shut and get implicated if she is forced out of hiding by the nefarious people in this room, which i strongly believe would be a very bad thing for us innocents.

The fact that nothing else happened last night wasn't due to me being shacked up with the lady of the night, so what else could have stayed the hands of the crazed killers?

Cunning double bluff?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 21:09 
Ready for action

I am torn between for Craig (to see what happens), DavPaz for the reasons I gave earlier, or maybe slightly green after her revelation of woman on woman loving last night (i that even legal?!). I'm not going to jump in and vote just to edge someone in front and take me out of joint first place though. I really would rather more people try and talk it out. I have been trying to do that since day one and this seems to have made me suspicious in some peoples eyes. I guess becaunot that many people are really offering opinions and so its easier to day you are suspicious of a louder person.
Obviously I think I've been quite genuine and some others here seem to agree although I can't know if they are baddies pretending to be on my side so I don't name them, meaminf when I die and am provwd to be a townie they can point to their support of me as being a point in their favour.
Mainly, I am still most suspicious o quiet people. Not saying much and not voting has been n excellent tactic fro some people so far bad or good since none of them have gone. As Mimi pointed out, they've bot even been killed overnight. I think that's a real worry and so looking at some of them should be a priority.
In fact, going against what I said at the start of this post, [vote:craig]
I think its the most sensible thing to do and I only target Craig because Curio has already got the ball rolling a

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 21:31 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

What the shit is going on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 21:38 
Unpossible!

Hey partner, I saved your ass last night and you repay me with barely concealed threats? Why I outghta....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 23:17 

Slightly Green wrote:

I bought you all those drinks and you ended up with another woman. I should've known.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 23:23 
Best
Board Mother

Er, I don't really know what to make of all this.

SG is looking pretty dodgy now and that could be a pre emptive post.

I'm not sure about voting for Craig, could be he's keeping quiet so we don't suspect him, could be he's just a townie that got bored.

Craster? Curio? What say you guys?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 0:00 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Davpaz makes me suspicious, his early posts in this thread even more so. Craig's been pretty much silent, which is no help. I go either way, toots.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 0:03 
Unpossible!

#It seemed that my crude attempts at humour earlier had turned a spotlight into my eyes. Like the proverbial rabbit, I froze#

Which 'posts' would they be, chum.... p?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 0:30 

I don't bloody know what the heck is going on in my club but I don't like it one bit.

I'm gonna have to vote for Craster, there's just somethin' funny about that guy. Been actin' squirrelly all day. Where's the basis for sayin' that DavPaz was entertained by a lady of the night? I don't see nothin' to suggest that.

[vote:Craster]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 0:49 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

He said he was, yesterday, you gonk.

I said (obviously before SG spoke up) that if the hooker visited someone and there was no mafia kill, it would make sense for the hooker to visit the same person the next night, no? And no mafia kill once again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 
Sleepyhead

I suspect all three of those blocked by the hooker. It seems implausible that they would all be innocent.

Equally, if people are going to sleep in their chairs, and not even appreciate good jazz, then I also suspect them.

There's about half a dozen people I wouldn't mind sending to the Big House.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 
Best
Board Mother

Hmm, I'm really not sure either way about Davpaz.

I have to leave for band practise in a minute, so I'll [vote: Craig] while I can get one in.

*please correct that if need be, I'm on my phone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:27 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

I know me admitting being visited by a lady of the night puts me in the frame but my reasoning for being up front about it is more info for the town is good. That was the only time I have been visited so I have no idea why there was no other action in the night.

Maybe I should have kept quiet but I think in the long run that would only help the nasty people.

(am on my phone today but will try to keep a eye on what's happening)

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:03 
ugvm'er at heart...

Beex Noire : Day 4

VOTE UPDATE

malia: 1 (Mimi)
davpaz: 1 (Craster)
gilly: 1 (MaliA)
craster: 1 (GazChap)
craig: 3 (Curiosity, Gilly, Goddess Jasmine)

Not voted: 10 (squirt, davpaz, mr russell, thevision, kalmar, kovacsc, craig, slightly green, joans, flis)

With 17 players alive, 9 votes are required for a lynch, and 13 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

5 hours to go

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:25 

Craster wrote:
He said he was, yesterday, you gonk.

Bah, I was outta town for most of yesterday. [vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:34 
Ready for action

I'll pop back at lunchtime but very briefly, I'm willing to change to DavPaz and my early suspicions of goddess jasmine are bugging me again although I can't really explain why, its just a juggling feeling based on her pattern and seeming to vote with popular opinion rather than on her own mind. O street this is merely a feeling that I can't verify due to my communication method, its just th general impression I've receives.
In fact, to prevent one person racing ahead with votes
[Vote:davpaz]
Could all other voters who decide to contribute please explain why they decide to vote how they do. (future votes o mean, I think everyone so fat gas explained?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:36 
Unpossible!

I'd like you to explain why me saving you from the noose is worth me getting nabbed?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:10 
Unpossible!

Well, I'm going to even up the votes with a [vote:gilly]

Let's hope sanity prevails, partner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:29 
Sleepyhead

At the moment we have had 7 votes out of 17 people in this nightclub. That's poor form. Without voting patterns, accusations and chatter we don't have a lot to go on. Let us play jazz, and not instead play in to the hands of killers.

I am willing to switch if needs be to get a majority.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next