Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Trek TNG Scum - Day Two
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 16:03 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

When people talk a lot and throw things together, it makes me FOS them rather than who they're talking about... but for now, I'm not going to vote yet and see what everyone else says. I would have made the same slip as ElephantBanjo did as I presumed everyone on the Enterprise is crew.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 16:07 
ugvm'er at heart...

TheVision wrote:
I would have made the same slip as ElephantBanjo did as I presumed everyone on the Enterprise is crew.

Same here, Starfleet or Civilian, everyone is crew aren't they?

Either way, I don't think that is significant.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 16:14 
UltraMod

It disgusts me how little some of you know about NCC-1701D.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 16:18 
ugvm'er at heart...

myp it wrote:

:shrug: I'm just a civilian, what do I know? My job is to ponce about in the background, wearing pastel colours.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 16:21 
UltraMod

Trooper wrote:
myp it wrote:

:shrug: I'm just a civilian, what do I know? My job is to ponce about in the background, wearing pastel colours.

You should surely know that there are passengers on board. Unless you've only just arrived, of course. FOS for now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 16:32 
Master of dodgy spelling....

myp it wrote:

Are we on the D or E.. I can't see the outside...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 16:38 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Trooper wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
My reasoning for Malc is that he was been saying a fair amount at the start, but not really being interacted with. I think the baddies would be less likely to interact with each other for fear of being seen together, so posting without interaction with others is a slight smell.

Thanks Trooper , and I agree although i'd point out thats only good for spotting Romulans not Borg (where I would hope the tell is a chance in the way the person is acting) , or Q (which we're not really going to get any tell for - that relies on a lucky hit or an investigation).

Today 'finishes' in a little over 24 hours and we've no real target here - anyone else want to throw out some ideas for who to go after and why ? (see my post above for who would have been my target but i dont feel right going after him today).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 16:40 
ugvm'er at heart...

myp it wrote:
Trooper wrote:
myp it wrote:

You should surely know that there are passengers on board. Unless you've only just arrived, of course. FOS for now.

Where has it been said that the civilians are just passengers, they have all been scientists so far, haven't they?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 17:13 
Legendary Boogeyman

As a dull civ I consider myself crew :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 17:15 
Legendary Boogeyman

Also, Hero of Excellence still being quiet is still too dull for me, so it's an easy vote imo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 17:16 
ugvm'er at heart...

zaphod79 wrote:

Thanks Trooper , and I agree although i'd point out thats only good for spotting Romulans not Borg (where I would hope the tell is a chance in the way the person is acting) , or Q (which we're not really going to get any tell for - that relies on a lucky hit or an investigation).

True, it is only good for pointing out Romulans at this point, but it's better than nothing... possibly! :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 17:41 
UltraMod

KovacsC wrote:
myp it wrote:

Are we on the D or E.. I can't see the outside...

It disgusts me that you don't know that the E only appeared in the films. This is obviously the series, due to its episodic format!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 17:41 
8-Bit Champion

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
Also, Hero of Excellence still being quiet is still too dull for me, so it's an easy vote imo.

I really do agree with you but my feeling is that HOE hasnt even looked at the threads so is not Q , unlikey to be Borg (although that could be a problem if they are) , and will not be a Romulan so we probably hit another civilian.

We need to push someone up to a high number of votes and see what they will say

Star Trek TNG Scum - Day Two
VOTE UPDATE

malc: 1 (Trooper)
elephantbanjognome: 1 (Bobbyaro)
nickachu: 1 (Joans)
mr russell: 1 (myp it)
bobbyaro: 1 (nickachu)
hero of excellence: 2 (KovacsC, ElephantBanjoGnome)

Not voted: 12 (mr russell, davpaz, zaphod79, flis, slightly green, malc, hero of excellence, thevision, nervouspete, mrdom, craster, gospvg)

With 19 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

We're all over the place - we need some targets and why - right now we have :

Malc - See troopers comments on the end of the last page
HOE - has not posted in any of the threads.

For those people voting on the others - Bobby / Joans / Myp / Nick - can you give some reasons why we should back you and vote for your choice ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 17:50 
UltraMod

Trooper wrote:
Where has it been said that the civilians are just passengers, they have all been scientists so far, haven't they?

She carried a combined crew and passenger load of 1,012.
http://www.startrek.com/database_article/enterprise-d

You should really read the manuals they hand out before boarding.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 17:52 
ugvm'er at heart...

myp it wrote:
Trooper wrote:

She carried a combined crew and passenger load of 1,012.
http://www.startrek.com/database_article/enterprise-d

You should really read the manuals they hand out before boarding.

It looks like I should have! I'd expect the infiltrators did, as they wouldn't want to stick out as not having any idea about the ship they are on...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 18:04 
What's this bit for exactly?

Had a few minutes to scan the logs, and I do have a couple of thoughts...
(This is train-of-thought btw, I don't have time for extensive editing)

The main thought being that I doubt the romulans would be being quiet.

There was a bit of a rush to finish, which is always scummy, so 1 point of suspicion to:

Mr Russell
Zaphod79
Nickachu
TheVision <- final vote. Crazy thing to do if you are scummy?

I would guess that 2 of these 4 are baddies (complete guess tho)

Shame Alarm didn't contribute any FoS's tho, as at least then we would have some targets that we knew would not be bridge crew...

Another thing I noticed yesterday but didn't want to comment is:
zaphod79 wrote:
There is no point waiting till the very end of the day - and we *need* people to talk , its the only way 'normal' townies can get any real info.

(My emphasis added).
Just struck me as an odd turn of phrase, as I would have said 'it's the only way we can get'. Also, I would have used the term 'civilian' instead of 'townie'... Seems to be a slip of the tongue?

Finally, there is the case that zaphod was shooting to the top of the list, which as a random on day 1 is par for the course, but then chucks in an excellent deflection into 'lynch the quiet ones', which worked.

Basically, despite him being very helpful (which is why I bit my tongue yesterday), I can't help but think Zaphod is behaving overly-nice, in a deflecty kind of way.

Now if he is one of our power roles, then fair enough. If, however, he is a Romulan, then his list of ones to pick provides a nice list of those not on his side:
Slightly Green, kalmar, Hero of Excellence, Gospvg

as well as those who voted for him:
nickachu, Trooper, Bobbyaro, Malc, NervousPete
& those he voted for:
mr russell, hero of excellence
(although chucking a vote at your own team early on is always good cover so this is a less authoritative list).

All in all, my gut feeling is that zaphod is a power role of some description from his behaviour & comments, and I don't know if the good power roles would really be this forthright on the first day. He is the only one that stands out for me atm.

Umm.. I'm reticent about posting that as zaphod has pointed at me above, but meh - better get my thoughts out in case I do go :)

Courage of my conviction, eh - [vote: zaphod79]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 18:08 
Legendary Boogeyman

I think it's erroneous to assume that just because HoE hasn't spoken, he therefore has no power role and can't be bad. In lieu of anything solid, better to take him out of the game. Modkill would also be fine if it persists.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 18:12 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Blimey, last night was a bit of a nightmare, too many Antaran Brandys and Jumja Sticks....then i wake up with the mother of all nerdovers and find the captn' and a civilian are gone :(

Having scanned all the logs for the time i have been comatose i have no idea who could be one of the evil ones, and i also agree that HoE is probably a civilian as if he were a Romulan then his team would have given him a kick, and if he is Q or the Borg Queen then he is just playing a very cunning game with us.

Mr Dom makes some interesting points about zaphod above, and since i know that i am a civilian (with a awesome futuristic taste in bland clothing) i am willing to take a punt on Mr Doms FoS and [vote: zaphod79].

Well that is until someone else sways me with a better argument ;)

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 18:50 
Unpossible!

Good reasoning for Zaphod being a power role.

Care to offer a retort?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 18:52 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

wrt the hoe being told to talk? Even had he turned up, he would still have been fossed as a "turn up when voted against, must have been told," He was in a no win situation yesterday, I actually think had he turned up he would be dead.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 19:00 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

DavPaz wrote:
Good reasoning for Zaphod being a power role.

Care to offer a retort?

:this: I did think about Zaphod but then back tracked myself in the fact that he's only talking lots which is ideal for the game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 19:12 
UltraMod

To be fair, I have seen Zaphod make guest appearances in The Original Series, and he was pretty helpful and talkative then. I don't think you can read too much into it, personally.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 19:25 

myp it wrote:
To be fair, I have seen Zaphod make guest appearances in The Original Series, and he was pretty helpful and talkative then. I don't think you can read too much into it, personally.

Umm.. my point was not that he was being helpful and talkative, it was that he was part of the bums-rush that Kalmar got (which admittedly the bridge crew would happily have joined too as they had no idea if he was scum or not, but they did know he wasn't bridge crew), he made a odd choice of language in one of his posts that hinted at him not being a normal civilian scientist, and he did a marvelous deflect when it looked like he could have been for the chop (probably with assistance of his team-mates).

Now your reply makes me think you glossed over my post and leapt to the defence, which puts a high probability of you being on the same team as zaphod, and or a high chance of not being on our side. I know that I pay very close attention to any posts - especially long ones, as I'm trying to ferret out the weasels. The baddies in general do not pay the same level of attention as they don't need to in order to win.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 19:40 
UltraMod

Mr Dom wrote:
a high chance of not being on our side.

I agree, if you're a Romulan, of course.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 20:21 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mr Dom wrote:
The baddies in general do not pay the same level of attention as they don't need to in order to win.

Errr... what? Previous experience on other episodes shows that the baddies are meticulous in their scouring of posts, looking for good power roles.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 21:37 
Isn't that lovely?

I think there is a lot of muddying the waters here, and I think some of it is deliberate.

I think some of the people doing this must be baddies.

Therefore I'm going to [vote:Mr Dom]

I think suggesting that baddies not paying much attention is a very odd thing to say!

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 21:40 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Baddies always pay attention... thatis really daft to say other wise...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 21:50 

Malc wrote:
I think there is a lot of muddying the waters here, and I think some of it is deliberate.

I think some of the people doing this must be baddies.

Therefore I'm going to [vote:Mr Dom]

I think suggesting that baddies not paying much attention is a very odd thing to say!

Malc

I'm not sure how I'm muddying waters by posting my thoughts on what went on yesterday.
From my own previous experience, of, um, holodeck versions of this scenario, when I have played the on the baddies side, the pressure of identifying people is much less, so they are more relaxed about the detail in the posts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 21:55 
8-Bit Champion

Nice - everything starts moving again - I really dont care too much if the attention is pointed at me as long as we get people talking.

I'm not making claims for any role and although i had votes yesterday I was at 5 when the target to lynch someone was 11 (later changed to 12) - hardly 'on the edge' , And i didn't say "no dont vote for me" , I simply asked why - and no-one had any real reason to.

My "list" that Mr Dom has referenced was people who had not posted at all in the thread - I did not say anything other than "why have these people not contributed" - its not as if I was saying "These people are bad" I was saying "these people are not contributing" which i don't think you can argue with.

As for my 'odd turn of phrase'

Quote:
There is no point waiting till the very end of the day - and we *need* people to talk , its the only way 'normal' townies can get any real info.

Reading it back I feel like I missed out a word - it should have said "us normal townies" and I regularly call the good side townies regardless of the background (apologies i'm really bad at playing a character in here).

As for the 'rush' on Kalmar , there were 6 votes for him in the last 30 minutes and yes I was one and stand by that - if your not taking part you need to be voted out or modkilled - before the swing in his direction HOE was on 10 votes and could easily have gone and given his lack of posts could well go today.

Bobbyaro wrote:
wrt the hoe being told to talk? Even had he turned up, he would still have been fossed as a "turn up when voted against, must have been told," He was in a no win situation yesterday, I actually think had he turned up he would be dead.

Quite possibly, however I really think that not posting *at all* should be cause enough to be chucked out.

Mr Dom wrote:
and he did a marvelous deflect when it looked like he could have been for the chop (probably with assistance of his team-mates).

Now your reply makes me think you glossed over my post and leapt to the defence, which puts a high probability of you being on the same team as zaphod, and or a high chance of not being on our side. I know that I pay very close attention to any posts - especially long ones, as I'm trying to ferret out the weasels. The baddies in general do not pay the same level of attention as they don't need to in order to win.

That really doesn't make sense the baddies have multiple people scanning the thread its "us townies" who typically miss things

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 21:56 
Isn't that lovely?

When we have the Romulans and the Borg to worry about, I think both sides will be worried about the other, initially I think the borg won't want to draw attention to themselves and will be more worried by the Romulans, but as the game goes on, and their numbers grow, the Romulans will start to fear the Borg.

I think both sides will be scrutenising the posts, looking for tells, the Borg don't want to waste their recruit, or be blocked, the Romulans will want to kill the officers and block the Bog.

MAlc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 21:58 
Unpossible!

So, HOE has had his chance...

[vote:Hero of excellence]

Maybe the Great Bird of the Galaxy* could give him a poke and let him know how to play?

*Curio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 21:59 
Isn't that lovely?

heh

"block the bog" - The Romulans are well known for their massive shits!

Malc

Post subject: Star Trek TNG Scum - Day Two
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 22:48 
Awesome
Yes

Zaphod speaks all of the sense, and people talking is the best way to catch people out.

I'll stick with my initial vote from yesterday and [vote:hero of excellence]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 23:26 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

hmmm Zaphod is making some solid points, which are making me doubt my illogical trust of Mr Dom, now my hangover is feeling better i think i will change my [vote:hero of excellence] as we do need people at least show willing.

Mr Doms comment with regards to the bad guys not reading the posts as much as us civilians is a tad odd looking back at it so a tentative FoS in his direction at the moment, but would prefer to keep communicative people around until we get more solid info than a gut feeling that he is 'muddying the waters'.

Ohh and is it too soon to say to the great beardy one that he is awesome and i look forward to the new regime and he is more than welcome to follow in the footsteps or the late great J T Kirk and rodger his way around the female population of the known and unknown universe, especially the lovely Deanna Troi :DD

I would also like to make clear that i am a male civilian scientist.

All hail Captain W Riker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 23:28 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Quote:
Star Trek TNG Scum - Day Two

VOTE UPDATE

zaphod79: 1 (Mr Dom)
hero of excellence: 5 (KovacsC, ElephantBanjoGnome, Slightly Green, DavPaz, Mr Russell)

Not voted: 9 (zaphod79, flis, malc, hero of excellence, thevision, nervouspete, mrdom, craster, gospvg)

With 19 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

G'night folks, i will try to keep a eye on how things go tomorrow but i am due to be in the holodeck enjoying the recreation of refurbishing a late 20th century house, so i may be a bit busy, but that shouldn't take all day i hope :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 23:31 

zaphod79 wrote:
Poor alarm - however he didnt really take part yesterday - i'm more unhappy that GJ is gone.

And I agree with Gospvg's last post yesterday - we may have got Kalmar to post something before the day ended :-(

I posted that & then counted up the vote's & thought sod it ignore me then :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 23:34 

Ok I said it yesterday & I'm saying it again don't rush lynch HoE, it is a long day to go yet & let's see what we can find out from the voting patterns from yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 23:39 
Excellent Member

Shit-fucks! That's a bit scary, Captain Yorkshireman dead!

Also, I note that upon the mighty beard of Riker has grown a full two settings to 'dystopia length'.

And poor Goddess Jasmine the civilian as well. Although somewhat cruelly, this being Star Trek the episode will dwell on the demise of Captain Guerney Halleck. Still, I was counting on her voice of reason to guide me. Damn. :(

I'm trying to read the posts for tells, but this being my first stab at this I'm somewhat bewildered. Mr Dom makes good points, and it seems a little harsh that Malc suspects on the strength of that. Is Malc being suspiciously hasty or just healthily paranoid? I'm not sure who to vote for yet, but as the silent ones are creeping me out, I may go for them.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 23:40 
Legendary Boogeyman

KovacsC wrote:
Baddies always pay attention... thatis really daft to say other wise...

Not unless the player is ignoring the game entirely for one reason or another. It's pretty daft to assume a human player can't be randomly assigned a baddie role and then fail to pay attention to the game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 23:41 

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:

I'm thinking if HoE is not taking part in the game and has a night action he can't perform or he has no power role & could be just another civilian.
I'm not keen on going after him but I'm going to take a look back at Day 1 to see how the snowball for Kalmar started & who finished it off.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 23:55 

Slightly Green wrote:
hmmm Zaphod is making some solid points, which are making me doubt my illogical trust of Mr Dom, now my hangover is feeling better i think i will change my [vote:hero of excellence] as we do need people at least show willing.

Your vote quote from yesterday

"Although i am agreeing that it is a good idea to vote off a quiet adventurer i am reluctant to vote for hero of excellence at the moment as it is his 1st game, so i will [vote:Kalmar] for now but since no actual evidence is around i will happily change my vote at a later time to make sure we do stick with our convictions and get a day one for for a change. "

Yet only a day later you are happy to vote for HoE?

I am also suspicious of Zaphod for the reasons Mr Dom has already posted, I think he was breathing a sigh of relief when the focus shifted off him towards the 'Quiet Ones'

[vote:Slightly Green]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 23:55 

VOTE UPDATE

zaphod79: 1 (Mr Dom)
slightly green: 1 (gospvg)
hero of excellence: 5 (KovacsC, ElephantBanjoGnome, Slightly Green, DavPaz, Mr Russell)

Not voted: 8 (zaphod79, flis, malc, hero of excellence, thevision, nervouspete, mrdom, craster)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 0:18 
Unpossible!

mindful of the stardate and scheduled end of this episode, I'm going to [vote:unvote] for now

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 0:41 
Excellent Member

Hmm, guess I'll heroically follow the crowd and vote against Hero of Excellence. He's too quiet for me to be entirely comfortable with. Also, if he dies this early in the episode he's got a tremendously ironic name.

[vote:Hero of Excellence]

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:02 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Hmmmm... NervousPete, your first time playing you say? And you are happy to "follow the crowd"? hmmmm.. I think you could be in cahoots and have been put up to that vote.

Encouraging HOE to be lynched would be an easy kill from a Romulan point of view leaving your night actions free to bump someone else off.

You've got my FOS pointing right at you!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:02 
ugvm'er at heart...

Hold on, lets not be too hasty. There are only a few options here.

1) HoE is purposefully saying nothing and is a good guy
2) HoE doesn't realise he is on a starship and hasn't woken up yet, and is a good guy.
3) HoE is purposefully saying nothing and is a bad guy
4) HoE doesn't realise he is on a starship and hasn't woken up yet, and is a bad guy.

What happens if we airlock him.
Option 1) Why would he do that, it makes no sense at all. Not really a viable scenario. Airlocking him hurts the town.
Option 2) A possible scenario. Airlocking him hurts the town.
Option 3) A possible scenario. Airlocking him helps the town.
Option 4) A possible scenario. He isn't playing a part in the game at the moment and while airlocking him will help the town in the long run, leaving him alive for now doesn't help the bad guys either.

There is only one possible option out of four that helps the town for certain if we airlock him today, as far as I see it. Doesn't sound the best odds.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:10 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

If HoE isn't playing then as annoying as it is, I think they should be left alone for now. We had a bad night last night and without the Captain, who's going to sit in the ready room?

We need to FOS someone who's talking and possibly putting their foot in it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:28 
Awesome
Yes

OK, [vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:29 
Awesome
Yes

[vote:myp it] instead, because he's also a massive tool.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:47 
After a long hypersleep and reading the logs of the days activites I'm still unsure on who the FOS is at. Zaphod, while talky doesnt seem to be a bad guy imo, I'm a little sus of Mr Dom and Slightly Green now, just by the way I've interpreted their comments. I'm still not convinced about bobby but I'll [vote:Mr Dom]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next