Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ] 
 Post subject: Day 7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 19:45 
ugvm'er at heart...

Another day dawns, everyone gets out of bed and gather in the town centre to stare at each other for 4 days and not say anything.

But wait, what's this? A droning noise from above, everyone looks up, well almost everyone looks up...
There is a 747 screaming out of the sky! Engines aflame, it seems like a lunatic is at the controls and is aiming for the town! Everyone looks up in terror, they could move out of the way, but that would involve actually doing something...

ElephantBanjoGnome, the boy racer town lunatic is at the controls, he smashes the jumbo into the town!
The wing rips off the fuselage and spins across the courtyard, taking out the underground mob in one fell swoop! Eco warrior Bobbyaro, thieving Flis and and druggy Nickachu are dead!
An engine breaks loose and crashes into the boring town doctor, Goddess Jasmine. Sinister Agent, the town hooker with a massive head rushes over to try and help her, and gets crushed by an out of control wheel.

DavPaz, the town 10yr old girl has already lost her brother, the fireball means she joins him in heaven.

That only leaves townie ApplePieOfDestiny, whose last thought before being engulfed in flames is, they didn't even die in alphabetical order...

Nobody wins. Nobody deserved to.

A lone note flutters to the ground, if anyone was alive to see it, they would see that it says "This is what happens if nobody talks"

Post subject: Re: Day 7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 19:51 
Best
Board Mother

I'm sorry that there wasn't much contribution Trooper, and this was the first game for ages where I was around and keeping an eye on the posting so had a vague idea of what was going on. Anyway, I can't die - I was in my bunker! :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 19:54 
ugvm'er at heart...

:D I mod killed everyone for two reasons. Firstly i'm not going to be around much during the day for the next week, so can't devote much time to running it, and secondly because I was bored of nobody saying anything!

Worst mafiascum ever :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 19:55 
Best
Board Mother

Thanks for running it too, dead thread?

Peculiar, yet lovely

I could at least have died last! I was doing all the talking AND boning, dammit. >:|

Best
Board Mother

Trooper wrote:
secondly because I was bored of nobody saying anything!

:this:

Wtf was that all about???

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 19:56 
Best
Board Mother

sinister agent wrote:
I could at least have died last! I was doing all the talking AND boning, dammit. >:|

:D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 19:57 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I figured we might have several very quiet baddies after a day or two. Having a quiet element is fair enough, but having nobody talking at all is just boring. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 19:57 
Peculiar, yet lovely

(well, after three or four days, actually, rather than one or two :P)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 19:58 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Also

ALSO. I VOTED EXCLUSIVELY FOR MAFIA PEOPLE EVERY TIME, YOU BELMS.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 19:59 
Best
Board Mother

Yeah, unfortunately we lost most of our vocal players in the first couple of days.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 20:21 
Excellent Member

Worst. Scum. Ever. :DD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 20:41 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Yeah, sorry. Temporary forum rage quit, busy time at work, busy time in life. My passing posts were literally the only time that I had headspace to contribute.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 21:20 
Unpossible!

What. The. Fuck?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 21:26 
Unpossible!

I feel friend Trooper overestimated the intellect of the players :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 21:38 
Paws for thought

This town was even more staggeringly lame than the time Myp and Craster banded together and belmed their way to defeat.

Which is quite some feat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 21:42 
ugvm'er at heart...

DavPaz wrote:

:D Sinister was guessing and second guessing and triple guessing himself, skipping the easy answer in the search for crazier and crazier theories. Not helped in the slightest by him being virtually the only one putting anything out there to talk about!

A fake mafia who didn't know they were all fake, and a real mafia. That's all it was... :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:35 
Peculiar, yet lovely

It's true. I was going slowly mad by the lack of actual discussion, and ended up convincing myself of about seven mutually exclusive possibilities. THIS IS HOW TO DRIVE ME MAD. :'(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:39 
Sleepyhead

DavPaz wrote:

Weren't you the only Townie not to vote for the obviously outed bad guy?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:43 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Curiosity wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Weren't you the only Townie not to vote for the obviously outed bad guy?

He was also the only townie to vote for the cop. Which killed him. >:| :DD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:54 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

sinister agent wrote:

DavPaz wrote:
Day 4

VOTE UPDATE

alarm: 4 (ElephantBanjoGnome, KovacsC, ApplePieOfDestiny, Goddess Jasmine)
kovacsc: 6 (Curiosity, nickachu, Bobbyaro, DavPaz, flis, Alarm)

Not voted: 1 (sinister agent)

With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch, and 8 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Quite a bold move for the baddies at that stage - you have the blocker not voting , Loonie , cop , townie , doctor all voting to lynch a mafia and
SK / Mafia / Mafia / Townie / Mafia / Mafia voting to lynch the cop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:58 
ugvm'er at heart...

zaphod79 wrote:
sinister agent wrote:

DavPaz wrote:
Day 4

VOTE UPDATE

alarm: 4 (ElephantBanjoGnome, KovacsC, ApplePieOfDestiny, Goddess Jasmine)
kovacsc: 6 (Curiosity, nickachu, Bobbyaro, DavPaz, flis, Alarm)

Not voted: 1 (sinister agent)

With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch, and 8 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Quite a bold move for the baddies at that stage - you have the blocker not voting , Loonie , cop , townie , doctor all voting to lynch a mafia and
SK / Mafia / Mafia / Townie / Mafia / Mafia voting to lynch the cop

Yup, I thought that was going to snatch a win from the jaws of defeat for the townies the next day, they had their axis of evil signposted right there...
Luckily for the mob, nobody has ever listened to me when I say look at the voting patterns, so no chance they would start now ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 23:15 
Peculiar, yet lovely

And then gnomes went on a push for Davpaz (which was in character, so this doesn't apply to gnomes :P), the one practically guaranteed townie. And the BLATANTLY EVIL people who went along with it weren't voted for. :belm: :belm: :belm:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:53 
Ah shame it's over, I've been working too much so haven't really had time to post as much as I'd like.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:22 
Also I think that as sinister agent was doing all the talking, whenever someone said anything they we're assumed as being suspect... even when they were, but that's not the point...its quite hard to lynch someone if no-one is voting!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:47 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
its quite hard to lynch someone if no-one is voting!

Agreed , and its also quite hard to lynch someone when they dont even bother to talk

"yesterday" was a great example of that if you look at what was said and by who.

This isnt a dig at anyone but what you got was :

Flis - 0 posts
Nickachu - 1 single post voting for APOD and nothing else - not even a 'he's creepy and freaks me out'
Bobby - 2 posts , one "why do you want to out the doctor" , one "it wasnt me"
APOD -2 posts + vote update "I'm doing strange stuff (plus vote)" , "why vote for me" , Vote update
Davpaz - 3 posts "Who did we block" , "I'm going to be skipping" , "why vote for me"
EBG -4 posts "Something strange is happening (plus vote)" , Reply to Davpaz , "Why is nothing happening" , "I'll change votes then (vote)"
GJ - 6 posts "Good , no kills" , "we cant tell what happened last night" , "Is there a cult+vote update" (posted twice), "why are you voting for APOD Nick?","whats the vote" , "can someone else vote?"
SA - 10 posts "Theory on what happened last night" , "Vote + why" , "pause" , "unvote" , "questions of Bobby" , "I was trying to draw bobby" , "Vote" , "dispute Bobbys last answer" ,"Possibly cult - why shouldnt I" ,"why Davpaz and why dont you..." ,

That was from Friday 6pm until Monday 2pm - it read as if no-one really cared about what was going on , I can understand the Mafia trying to stay out of things

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:53 
8-Bit Champion

In the thread so cant edit but to finish where I was going :

zaphod79 wrote:
I can understand the Mafia trying to stay out of things
but just stopping everything shouldnt be the answer - and if the town were looking at things is a clear 'tell' of whats going on (the people with the lowest amount of posts were all baddies the only two who really seemed involved were the two remaining townie power roles) , also for a lot of this game no-one (apart from SA) seemed to be pushing for answers - why did you do that , why are you voting for this person , who died / what did they vote for / who voted for them - etc etc

The unusual role setup and the order in which people died did not help the town , but as a townie you need to be questioning whats going on and actually getting involved and for this virtually no-one did.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:03 
In my defence I work weekends so haven't really to time to think about what's going on at the moment, nor had time to explain my vote in gruesome last "day" I just wanted to make sure I got a vote. But as a mob we kinda agreed to jump on any bandwagon that someone else started to get a lynch, if that didn't happen just wait for the night to off someone until we had the majority. Which would have won us the game in the end if it had played out longer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:37 
Master of dodgy spelling....

sinister agent wrote:
And then gnomes went on a push for Davpaz (which was in character, so this doesn't apply to gnomes :P), the one practically guaranteed townie. And the BLATANTLY EVIL people who went along with it weren't voted for. :belm: :belm: :belm:

Yet you were the one that did not vote.. so that is a spectaular :belm: you were too busy asking the Doc to save your arse!!

And you insistence that I reveal the Don, which I did about 8 times it was Alarm, as I did not know about the 'underground' Mob

If you had voted, We would have been down a real Mafia sooner!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:55 
Unpossible!

I should explain my actions on the Kovacs lynch. I was very frustrated with the lack of lynching going on and could see the game sliding towards a very easy mafia win. The underground mob thing had completely passed me by for some reason. I could see the day timing out again with no lynch, so I decided to make a decisive move. The wrong move as it happens.

I'm a bit annoyed about the mod kill to be honest. If Trooper was unavailable, then fair enough, but complaining that no one was talking over a weekend is a bit silly. I've been away from my usual job for over a week (and away from computers completely yesterday) so was unable to do my usual waffling bit to keep the threads rolling over. I still think we could have played to a conclusion, even if it did mean crushing defeat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:21 
ugvm'er at heart...

It wasn't that no-one talked over the weekend, it was that no-one talked for pretty much the whole game. I was so bored, and I had a vested interest in the game.

I did the mass mod kill because i'm in workshops all week, so have little time, but also as an example. This is what happens if you don't play. Sure, everyone has a reason for why they didn't say much, and one or two of those is fine, but when no-one is saying anything it adds up to a whole heap of nothing.

It takes a lot of effort to run a game, as i'm sure you know ;) Add to that the amount of time it takes to create something new, with a twist or two, and if you were annoyed about the mod kill, look at it from my side :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:31 
Unpossible!

You could have asked a non-playing mod to take over or perhaps put your endless day idea into the game. Anything but the very disappointing axe chop that we got, especially as I'm back now and able to type loads!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:34 

I think the annoying part was, people were positing in the main forum but not in the game. So you can tell they were online but not bothering to post in the thread.

It had been like this for 7 game days. They only time it sprang into life is then I role claimed and then got lynched.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:35 
Unpossible!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: There's no incentive for power roles to say anything. None at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:39 
8-Bit Champion

DavPaz wrote:
I'm a bit annoyed about the mod kill to be honest. If Trooper was unavailable, then fair enough, but complaining that no one was talking over a weekend is a bit silly.

I think it was a lot more impression of apathy - and the weekend wasnt just 'no one talked over the weekend' , the 'day' started at 18:12 on the Friday night , and didn't end until 14:00 on the Monday afternoon , and during that whole time there were virtually no posts or communication.

I think that Trooper could have left the overnight stuff to happen and then played the final day out as a quick end - say start at the time of the starting post last night and run till 14:00 today then the town would have lost (he said APOD was the target so with him dead you had 7 players and 4 non mafia so a kill was possible but would anyone actually do something?)

I viewed the end wrap up as putting something out of its misery - rather than leave the thread going with no-one taking part.

(BTW I dont blame you for the Kovacs thing - that was just the way things worked out - however going back to that and looking at who was voting for what should have been something the town did - its easy with hindsight but there are all the baddies all lined up together)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:39 

If all games are going to be like this then, there is no point in playing is there?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:45 
8-Bit Champion

DavPaz wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: There's no incentive for power roles to say anything. None at all.

This is something that needs to change - and mod kills for silent players would work better than the town 'killing' them for not taking part - even if it means a quicker 'lose' state for one side or the other - I remember early games where people would ask "Person X hasnt posted in 3 days are you going to mod-kill him" and the person running the game either refusing to answer or saying no they wouldnt because that could play into who lynched who.

The incentive should be that you blend in with the crowd and dont get singled out. The risk is that you say something incriminating and its picked up - the other thing is I think we tend to rely too much on power roles and "the role claim" , its possible for someone to push things the way they want without actually coming out and saying "i'm the cop" , sometimes that could be just picking up a small bit of information and twisting it the right way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:53 
8-Bit Champion

BTW we might be better having this discussion in the dead thread because then you can edit posts - but the other thing is the lack of communication should be a tell for the town that someone is something 'unusual' - that can be both good and bad - they could be a townie power role trying to hide in the background or a baddie - the difficulty is we have a lot of normal townies doing the same thing.

And as for Kovacs comment above I dont think this is a typical game , and I dont accept that there is no point in playing any more.

For Trooper , yes as the person running the game you have an investment in things , and I can understand it would be hard to pass this onto someone else but I sorta agree with Davpaz that you would have been better letting it play out having someone else do it (although I still think a town lose and another day of inaction would have been the consequences)

In the past we always used to have 2 people running games which helps with availability - would it be better to go back to that type of model for the next time ?

I also think that the person running the game has the opportunity to try and turn round a dull game and I remember someone in the past (possibly Grim...) canvasing the dead thread for suggestions on what to do - I think there were things we could add in which would have kept people doing stuff - or face sterner consequences.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 
Excellent Member

DavPaz wrote:
I'm a bit annoyed about the mod kill to be honest. If Trooper was unavailable, then fair enough, but complaining that no one was talking over a weekend is a bit silly. I've been away from my usual job for over a week (and away from computers completely yesterday) so was unable to do my usual waffling bit to keep the threads rolling over. I still think we could have played to a conclusion, even if it did mean crushing defeat.

The trouble was, hardly anyone talked throughout the whole game, apart from one game day.

They just didn't seem that interested, or were too busy with real life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:15 
Legendary Boogeyman

I think the thing with Mafiascum is that it takes a lot out of you mentally if you're playing properly. I think the last game was very active and involved for all who played but it takes a while for the forum to recharge enough to play a game with the same intensity, if that makes sense?

I probably shouldn't have made it obvious that I was the loony early on, that was probably stupid. Mind you, desperately trying to convince SA that secret, unknown roles and powers were afoot was fun for an evening. All absolute chuffing gibberish, all of it.

I think the modkill was the right way to go. There was such little activity that we couldn't even get a response out of those who hadn't voted for the day, and it just wasn't going anywhere. Plus the deilghtful loonified explosion at the end does rather make me look like a successful nutter :hat:

Sorry Trooper :shrug:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:16 
Unpossible!

Why pick on the one confirmed townie though, you utter loon?

If you'd picked on *anyone* else, we probably would have got a lynch.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:54 
ugvm'er at heart...

I could have let the game carry on, but to be brutally honest, nobody in the game could be bothered to post, so I couldn't be bothered to let it continue :) Was it the right decision? Possibly not, but that was the consequence of nobody playing.

If one thing comes out of this, then hopefully we won't have a game like this again in the future...

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]