Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Day 5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 18:10 
ugvm'er at heart...

The town rejoices, they finally acted and did something, even if they did kill one of their own like a bunch of belms!
Happy and content they head off to bed...

Death 1
Curiosity is dead! Oh no!
Curiosity was a midget Serial Killer!

Death 2
Alarm is dead! Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!
Alarm was the mafia don!.... No wait, that isn't right, sorry sorry... Alarm was a chav member of the Underground Mob!

Who the hell are the underground mob?

[playerlist]
ApplePieOfDestiny
Bobbyaro
DavPaz
ElephantBanjoGnome
flis
Goddess Jasmine
nickachu
sinister agent
[/playerlist]

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

Link to Ruleset: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7446

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Day 5 Ends at 2pm Friday

Don't forget the dead thread mods...

Post subject: Re: Day 5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 18:26 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Sorry, I was washing my hands.

Eek!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 18:44 
Peculiar, yet lovely

FYI, I didn't roleblock alarm.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 18:48 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Oh, and note that Alarm's win condition isn't town, but the "mafia don!" line is still there.

So, I still think we have a don-hunter and a don in play.

Curio played bloody well, I have to say. I was fairly sure he was one of us.

Anyway. Bobbyaro, Flis, EBG: speak up, eh? And let's be careful with the votes today all, because we may still have several villains left, and it's pretty likely we'll lose someone important tonight if we're not careful.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 19:23 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Fuck careful. LOGIC

[vote:bobbyaro]

*twitch*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 19:23 
Excellent Member

Ha! Cheeky Curio....

I'm not really sure what is going on...? Except it looks like there are even more bad guys! Jesus, do we even stand a chance?

Did the Dr. visit anyone? What about you, SA?

What does the fact there have never been any more than 3 deaths overnight (mafia, SK, SK?) mean? Did our roleblockers ever target Joans or Curio, that might explain the reduced deaths. And apparently, the mafia couldn't kill the other night because Kov was the Cop, so that's -1 death accounted for that night.

I suspicious of APOD....Only someone with something to hide would wash their hands so much, maybe he's trying to wash his sins away. And he keeps all his valuables locked in a safe.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 19:31 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I haven't received any messages. If the doctor protected me at any point, I don't know about it. I doubt we'd know if we'd been protected by him to be honest.

I have not roleblocked Joans or Curio at any point. The nights where there were two kills suggest that the doctor protected people who were targeted on those nights (and/or Kov's cop thing is true).

I'd imagine Curio killed Alarm. It would be the sensible thing to do in his situation, as he knew I wouldn't protect him and the mafia were the biggest threat to him. Happily it looks like they got him, too.

But we still have someone out there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 19:32 
Peculiar, yet lovely

sinister agent wrote:
I'd imagine Curio killed Alarm. It would be the sensible thing to do in his situation, as he knew we wouldn't protect him and the mafia were the biggest threat to him. Happily it looks like they got him, too.

Correction.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 19:40 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Oh, can I have another rule clarification please? If the don is roleblocked, is the kill prevented?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 19:41 
ugvm'er at heart...

sinister agent wrote:
Oh, can I have another rule clarification please? If the don is roleblocked, is the kill prevented?

no, unless they chose to do the kill themselves

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 19:49 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Okay, thanks. Can I have another clarification?

Who is the mafia don?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 20:18 
Best
Board Mother

Okay, day ends 2pm Friday, so no need to rush.

Do we need to find out who The Underground Mob are now then?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 20:21 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

okay, so what do we have?
APOD voting in alphabetical order, no use there - although this may not be an "assigned" action, and as such is a good way to go under the radar.
sinister roleblocking, and I assume protected last night. Dr, don't be tempted to even hint if this is the case.
EBG - loony? maybe - again, loony's win cond is to get ynched, telling everytone you are the loony is not a great way of doing that.
and a doctor somewhere.
And apparently someone else killing people - seem to be targetting mafia dons, so maybe SA is correct with his role idea, or maybe just a "helpful" SK.

I am mostly fossing EBG.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 22:47 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Okay. Alarm was a membe of the underground mob. We need to figure out what their agenda is.

I'm sure there must be at least one more of them out there as we haven't seen anyone else with that role dead, and Alarm wouldn't have come clean otherwise. Perhaps even two more.

So. Davpaz is town. EBG is the loony (Kov outed him and however weird Kov's roleclaim was, he was the cop after all. Plus EBG didn't deny it, so there's that). I'm the hooker.

I roleblocked GJ and there was still a kill, but that doesn't mean she's innocent. She did come forward to say she'd been visited, but given that Malc had already done so, this doesn't really prove much either way.

APOD: You're hiding behind this OCD thing a bit much for my liking.

The rest of you have been fairly quiet.

So. Bobby. Why are you suspicious of EBG? Kov outed him as the loony, and we know kov was a cop.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 22:57 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Gah, this is going to drive me mental.

Kov said he was mafia and that there were 4 of them to start with. Once he was ordered to kill, he defected to the town.

For his story to add up, these "he was mafia! Oh wait, no he wasn't" messages must be people who WERE mafia (Joans, Zaphod). This is weird because Joans was also a SK, but I don't see why Kov would have lied.

But then, if he was telling the whole truth, then we've got them all. But then, why did Alarm's role come up as underground mafia, but the others were town?

I think the only thing that fits is that (a) Alarm was both mafia AND underground mafia, which might explain the weird extra killings we've had - gang war?

But I still don't understand why Kov didn't tell us who the don is. He must have known who the don was - how else would they communicate?

So maybe Alarm was the last mafia person, and the only villain left is our mystery third killer?

Gah. I don't knoooow.

Alright, fuck it. If we have any other cop/investigate roles, I say they should come forward now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:07 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Sorry, I was washing my hands.
Bobbyaro wrote:
APOD voting in alphabetical order, no use there - although this may not be an "assigned" action, and as such is a good way to go under the radar.

Are you suggesting that I would be clever enough to bring something to the town that was not actually part of my role, but that I could play it so well, everyone would believe it was true? Thats as ridiculous as me leaving my pens on the desk in a pile, rather than absolutely perpendicular to the edge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

sinister agent wrote:
So. Bobby. Why are you suspicious of EBG? Kov outed him as the loony, and we know kov was a cop.

Firstly, I forgot kov had confirmed him, secondly given what we have seen so far, it is possible kov was misled (or even not telling the truth, we have seen one hidden win condition, there could be more).
So, although EBG is probably the loony (see point 1) there is a chance he isn't and I think we should be careful not to ignore that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:21 
Unpossible!

I'm so sorry I lynched Kovacs. *cries*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 
I was visited by a last of the night last night. I hope she liked my drug den.
[Vote: ApplePieOfDestiny]
I'm torn between you and EBG got looney, and since you seem a bit more dodgy, always washing your hands I'm going for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:51 
Legendary Boogeyman

sinister agent wrote:
EBG: speak up, eh?

I did speak up, yesterday, when I told you to fucking well lynch Alarm. You dumb fucking bastards then went and lynched the cop. The sheer idiocy of that means this stupid town deserves to lose.

[vote:DavPaz]

Doesn't take a genius to realise that the mafia/other evils all voted for Kovacs, and the person most keen to see him going (a mafioso) would be the one quickest to make a vote-counter update and close out the day.

Now, stop fucking around and lets lynch this evil bastard. Jesus.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:52 
Unpossible!

You have a potty mouth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:54 
Legendary Boogeyman

sinister agent wrote:
Alright, fuck it. If we have any other cop/investigate roles, I say they should come forward now.

Why the fuck would they do that? You lynched the last poor bastard that did. Sheesh.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 
Excellent Member

Yeah, it was Curio who kept making the seemingly good argument to lynch Kov....And now it's obvious why, he was the guy doing all other killings and when Kov asked who we wanted him to investigate, Nick asked for Curio.

Anyway, what's done is done and we've lost the cop. I'm almost inclined to agree with EBG about DavPaz. It is strange for a little girl to come in and cast the hanging vote, also, I've seen Orphan and The Ring, I know that what seems like a little girl is more than capable of murder. And what a good cover that would be, too.

[vote:DavPaz]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:06 
I'll jump on this wagon.
[Vote: davpaz]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:19 
Unpossible!

Pwease don't kill me. I don't want to go to the dark place :(

Also... your bandwagons are showing your true colours you scummers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:22 
DavPaz wrote:
Pwease don't kill me. I don't want to go to the dark place :(

Also... your bandwagons are showing your true colours you scummers

Well no, due to the way the game has been, lots of strange roles, it's entirely plausible that the little girl is the head of the Underground mob. And EBG if he was the looney would be doing his best to get himself voted off, rather than suggesting someone else to lynch. It adds up in my mind.

Just who else/ how many others are in your mob Little Miss Paz?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:25 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Anyway!

Bobby Couldn't Do Everything For Gilly? His Initiative? (Joking). Killing/Lynching Murderous Nikachu Obviously Possible - Quite Reasonably. So, Talk Up, Verifiably X-Ray You Zaphod.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:25 
Unpossible!

Well, it seems we've passed the tipping point for a scum win.

I'm pretty convinced I am the only vanilla townie left. It might be safer for me to lynched!

Are you really gonna hang a 10yr old girl?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:26 
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Anyway!

Bobby Couldn't Do Everything For Gilly? His Initiative? (Joking). Killing/Lynching Murderous Nikachu Obviously Possible - Quite Reasonably. So, Talk Up, Verifiably X-Ray You Zaphod.

You're making less sense than Alarm!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 13:30 
Unpossible!

Since I'm a sad orphan who's flying blind and I still think that EBG is the loony...

[vote: ElephantBanjoGnome]

I think his voting for me was an attempt to get people to turn on him, since I'm a proven townie, as stated by Kovacs (the proven cop)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 13:31 
Unpossible!

KovacsC wrote:
Night 1 I investigated DavPaz as he was acting odd, he has a town condtion.

Night 2 I investigated SA his win condition was town, but he has said he is the hooker, so I can back his win condition up.

QED (I learned that in school)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 13:47 
Proven cop and mafioso. Can we trust what he said?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 14:04 
Legendary Boogeyman

DavPaz wrote:
I think his voting for me was an attempt to get people to turn on him, since I'm a proven townie, as stated by Kovacs (the proven cop)

If that's the case why did you vote for him?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 14:29 
Unpossible!

He admitted his Mafia role and claimed to be a cop. At the time, I thought he was bluffing. Time has told the truth. I was wrong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 15:35 
Legendary Boogeyman

Dead wrong! Down with DavPaz!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 15:42 
Legendary Boogeyman

Day 5
VOTE UPDATE

bobbyaro: 1 (ApplePieOfDestiny)
elephantbanjognome: 1 (DavPaz)
davpaz: 3 (nickachu, ElephantBanjoGnome, flis)

Not voted: 3 (bobbyaro, goddess jasmine, sinister agent)

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 18:04 
Peculiar, yet lovely

You cannot be serious. You're voting for the one person we can be pretty sure is a townie, based on the advice of the person we know is the loony?

[vote: flis]

Bull. Shit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 20:18 
Legendary Boogeyman

Consider, Sinister, that since the subtle and potentially confusing nature of Kovac's role wasn't stated in the rules, things may not be what they appear. You yourself expressed confusion as to Kovac's motivations, and what he really knew.

Don't be so sure that you know anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 20:32 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I know more about Davpaz, Kov and you than I do about Flis, even if I don't know the whole picture. Sure, everyone might have two roles, but if that's the case, than the odds of Flis (or Bobby or GJ or Nickachu, for that matter) having a bad one are twice as great as yours, Dav's, or Kov's, because I at least know one of theirs.

If even a player dying doesn't tell us their role, I think we may as well have followed APOD's method from the beginning, because we've no bloody chance anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 20:38 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

sinister agent wrote:
I know more about Davpaz, Kov and you than I do about Flis, even if I don't know the whole picture. Sure, everyone might have two roles, but if that's the case, than the odds of Flis (or Bobby or GJ or Nickachu, for that matter) having a bad one are twice as great as yours, Dav's, or Kov's, because I at least know one of theirs.

If even a player dying doesn't tell us their role, I think we may as well have followed APOD's method from the beginning, because we've no bloody chance anyway.

EXACTLY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 20:45 
Peculiar, yet lovely

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
sinister agent wrote:

EXACTLY

Careful, mate. If we follow your method, you're next.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 21:06 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

EXACTLY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 22:17 
Best
Board Mother

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
EXACTLY

Are you saying you are a/the lunatic then?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 22:40 
Legendary Boogeyman

Look... nothing is what is seems. Are you getting me?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 22:56 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I'm not buying this. My role is simple and we've only been given one role for everyone who's died so far (ignoring that 'mafia boss' stuff). If everyone's been given crazy, impossible to know extra roles, then (a) how would you know, EBG? And (b) we might as well not bother, because we never had a chance anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 22:59 
Legendary Boogeyman

It is critical that we lynch DavPaz. He's evil.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 23:11 
Peculiar, yet lovely

How do you know? What role does he have? How many others are there?

If he's the last one, I can just roleblock him, and the doc can protect me, and we're all safe. And if you're the loony, we can still arrange to do this, lynch you, and then get the last evil one. The offer still stands.

I just don't see how you can know this, nor why you're telling us now after saying nothing of use all week. Unless you're the loony. Which the cop said you were. Why would Kov lie? And if he was lying, then why did he say Dav is innocent but you're the loony?

Doesn't add up.

Quote:
“He who will determine against that which he knows because there may be something which he knows not; he that can set hypothetical possibility against acknowledged certainty, is not to be admitted among reasonable beings."

So yeah, sure, there might be magical secret roles out there... but we already know Kov was the cop, Russ was Dav's counterpart, and you've been tagged as the loony by someone who had no reason to lie.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 23:24 
Legendary Boogeyman

So why no mention of Kov being an undercover cop? If he had no reason to lie why would he make up the stuff about being initially mafia until he was ordered to kill?

Consider:

1) You say Kov wasn't lying. Therefore, what he said was true?
2) Kov said he was an undercover cop.
3) His death reveals nothing about being undercover. A lie, or a secret role?
4) If he wasn't lying, there *are* secret roles that aren't uncovered even in death.
5) If he was lying, was else did he lie about? We'd have been able to question more had the town not lynched him. Muppets.
6) You were the only one not to vote that day. Why?
7) If there *are* secret roles, nothing may be what it seems. Is the loony a real loony? Cassandra was considered mad too...

Help me out here SA.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 0:20 
Peculiar, yet lovely

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
So why no mention of Kov being an undercover cop? If he had no reason to lie why would he make up the stuff about being initially mafia until he was ordered to kill?

He said that he was mafia until he was ordered to kill, at which point the kill failed and he became town. He therefore had no reason to lie from that point. And he was right about Alarm.

Quote:
6) You were the only one not to vote that day. Why?

I was asleep. Either way, it was better than lynching the cop, and letting the SK do his thing worked out as the best night we've had so far.

Quote:
7) If there *are* secret roles, nothing may be what it seems. Is the loony a real loony? Cassandra was considered mad too...

Help me out here SA.

If there are secret roles and nothing is as it seems, there's absolutely no point in us even discussing anything, because we don't stand a hope in hell, and may as well just lynch the first person on the list.

I'd rather go with what we do know, and that says to me that Dav is innocent, you're the loony, and everything else is a crapshoot (although Nickachu is less likely to be evil as I blocked him last night and there was no kill. The mafia don would be a fool to use Alarm to kill last night).

This is partly why I keep asking you (or if it turns out I'm wrong, whoever the loony is) to come forward and help us out - we can cut a deal. Without a cop we're pretty much picking at random, so taking the loony of the list tips the odds in our favour.

I'm sticking with Flis for now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:38 
sinister agent wrote:
(although Nickachu is less likely to be evil as I blocked him last night and there was no kill.

Erm... there was a kill. You seem to be getting yourself confused.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next