All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: I see dead people
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:33 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
I probably won't play the next game anyway (the complexity probably didn't affect my participation), however, I would suggest an absolute, plain vanilla game next time around, with no special rules so that people can get back to the principles of the game without second guessing role attributes.

We did that a couple of games ago :)

Did we? I've hunted back to May last year and Craster ran an almost vanilla game, but didn't tell us how many of each thing there was.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:36 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

zaphod79 wrote:
(I think in one of the previous games Grim... was really disappointed when he died early on because it was the first time he'd been a plain vanilla player in ages).

I remember being happy to be vanilla, but I don't think I died that early.

Oh, night two. Yeah I did :(

ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
I probably won't play the next game anyway (the complexity probably didn't affect my participation), however, I would suggest an absolute, plain vanilla game next time around, with no special rules so that people can get back to the principles of the game without second guessing role attributes.

Did we? I've hunted back to May last year and Craster ran an almost vanilla game, but didn't tell us how many of each thing there was.

Davpaz ran a vanilla game recently, didn't he?

Peculiar, yet lovely

Craster wrote:
Also, apologies, SA, for doubting you when you asked if Bobby was the doctor!

haha, no worries. I didn't expect it to work, but I was banking on Bobby replying quickly without thinking (particularly if he was the only baddie left). Seemed worth a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:40 
Peculiar, yet lovely

By the way, thanks for running it Trooper. For all my moaning, it was still fun or I wouldn't have played.

I think the dual roles thing needs work, but it might have worked on its own but for (a) the lack of posting and (b) the fact that even on death, people's roles weren't revealed.

I think that last point is quite important, because if even the admin's word after a death can't be trusted, the town are fucked.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:43 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

April. The ruleset was close to, but the hyper-fast 10pm ending days were a bit out of the ordinary :D

Anyway, blah.
I've got a good idea, but I a) don't have any time, and b) I'm not sure how many people would be up for it.

But basically, £1 each, and the winning team gets the cash monies. I'd be interested to see what the difference was.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:44 
Sleepyhead

I think the clear solution is just to let me run all the games.

;)

I jest.

I had fun being a Serial Killer, and got 4 of my 5 kills.

Once I found out there was an underground mob I called the people in it pretty well. The only one I wasn't sure about was APOD, as it might have been a good cover story.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:46 
ugvm'er at heart...

zaphod79 wrote:
Trooper wrote:
I think the most successful game of recent history was the blind scum game, which was all second guessing roles! :D

Yes , however everyone know that was the conditions going into that - a lot of people thought this was a basic game , and it took a long time for the fact that it wasnt to become clear - I think even having my death which was the first of the dual role things explained a bit better may have helped (this isn't a dig at you but a lot of people just took that as a joke "oh he's the mafia don .... whoops no he's not")

The other thing which i think needs to come back in a little is balance , on a basic game I think the proportions were something like 3 or 4 mafia to 20 players ? , some of these themed and special games throw that right out with one side or another really overpowered - although even if this one was perfectly balanced it still would not have made a difference for the town - just not lynching was suicide.

Mr Dave hasnt done one of his stats things in a while but the other thing to consider is that not all players of the game are equal , in general i'm a pretty bad player (for a long time I was statistically the worst) , having a split of good players vs bad and a split of power roles seems to work better (I think in one of the previous games Grim... was really disappointed when he died early on because it was the first time he'd been a plain vanilla player in ages).

All good points. I'm not saying this game was in any way perfect, and I enjoy making complex and interesting games which does mean that they may well be unbalanced. Plus, as I mentioned before, I enjoy running a game so it is as much for my enjoyment as it is for anyone else, maybe more so :D

I do accept that this was a very confusing game, and I intended it to be, just maybe not quite as confusing as it turned out in the end. If there had been more action to start with, things would have come out earlier while the town still had time to do something about it (whether they would have is another question :D) By the time the underground mob were found out, it was pretty much too late and all they had to do was wait for timeouts, which totally killed the game.

One thing is for certain, if you want a bog standard game, i'm not your man, I can't help but play around with the format :D

It doesn't help that we don't repeat games. Looking back I think there are a lot of good games that weren't as successful as they could have been, through circumstance or balance issues, which with a few tweaks could be really excellent. Maybe we should do a "greatest hits" of Beex Mafiascum, and pick our favourite game or two to replay?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:47 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Curiosity wrote:
I had fun being a Serial Killer, and got 4 of my 5 kills.

I can't decide whether being SK or a vanilla is my favourite role. SK is mucho fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:48 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Yah, APOD actually played in character really well. I was never suspicious enough to push for it, but couldn't quite shake the possibility that it was a clever ruse, either.

What happened with the protecting stuff, doc?

I roleblocked Malc, GJ (sorry!), Malc again, then Nickachu, Bobbyaro, and Bobbyaro again. In other words, I was almost completely useless :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:49 
ugvm'er at heart...

sinister agent wrote:
I think the dual roles thing needs work, but it might have worked on its own but for (a) the lack of posting and (b) the fact that even on death, people's roles weren't revealed.

I think that last point is quite important, because if even the admin's word after a death can't be trusted, the town are fucked.

I think that is what is causing the most confusion. People didn't have dual roles, they only had one role and one win condition. When they died their true role and win condition was revealed. The fake mafia didn't have two roles, they just didn't know what role they other people in the fake mafia had...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:50 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

April. The ruleset was close to, but the hyper-fast 10pm ending days were a bit out of the ordinary :D

Anyway, blah.
I've got a good idea, but I a) don't have any time, and b) I'm not sure how many people would be up for it.

But basically, £1 each, and the winning team gets the cash monies. I'd be interested to see what the difference was.

:D forgot about the random day lengths! :DD

I'd be up for it, for sure, but baggsie on a team by myself... ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:52 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Trooper wrote:
sinister agent wrote:

I think that is what is causing the most confusion. People didn't have dual roles, they only had one role and one win condition. When they died their true role and win condition was revealed. The fake mafia didn't have two roles, they just didn't know what role they other people in the fake mafia had...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 22:53 
ugvm'er at heart...

sinister agent wrote:

What happened with the protecting stuff, doc?

GJ protected Zaphod, Apod, Curio, then herself for the rest of the game, the snivelling coward :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 23:10 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Trooper wrote:
sinister agent wrote:

Hang on , i had two - one was my real role and the other was my 'fake' role

Trooper wrote:
Mafia Boss

Win condition : Mafia

You run the shop, you talk, goons listen.
Each night you can choose who to send out to make a kill.
You can communicate with the mafia goons

------------------------------
You are the Mafia Boss

Your Mafia Buddies are Alarm, Joans and KovacsC

Your role is the local Aristocrat, play it well.

Trooper wrote:
Wait! What's this?

A new day is dawning and you wake up groggy from a night of heavy drinking. Your phone has a message on it…

"We both know your whole life is a lie, I know everyone thinks you are the Mafia Boss, but I know you actually are a Townie, you can fool them, but you can't fool me. You've got yourself in over your head here, just because you look a bit like someone's cousin Vinny…

I will keep your secret, however If anyone investigates you, or if you die, you will be found out, so you need to stay under the radar. I will keep your secret if you play by my rules.

Your real win condition is "Town" You will only win the game if you meet that win condition.

If you decide to personally make any kills, I will stop them happening. I know you don't want to kill anyone really.

I won't tell… I promise"

There were 2 hours between those 2 messages , and to the rest of the mafia I was their don , the only person who knew that was false before I died was me (or possibly Alarm as i'm not sure what the underground mafia got told)

So i was a townie - but had a secondary role as a fake mafia don who knew and could communicate with some people outside of the game - so its a bit more than "your a townie"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 23:14 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

I'm beginning to think that this is actually a ruse, no one has actually died yet, and we are just waking up on the island.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 23:14 
ugvm'er at heart...

zaphod79 wrote:
Trooper wrote:
sinister agent wrote:

Hang on , i had two - one was my real role and the other was my 'fake' role

Trooper wrote:
Mafia Boss

Win condition : Mafia

You run the shop, you talk, goons listen.
Each night you can choose who to send out to make a kill.
You can communicate with the mafia goons

------------------------------
You are the Mafia Boss

Your Mafia Buddies are Alarm, Joans and KovacsC

Your role is the local Aristocrat, play it well.

Trooper wrote:
Wait! What's this?

A new day is dawning and you wake up groggy from a night of heavy drinking. Your phone has a message on it…

"We both know your whole life is a lie, I know everyone thinks you are the Mafia Boss, but I know you actually are a Townie, you can fool them, but you can't fool me. You've got yourself in over your head here, just because you look a bit like someone's cousin Vinny…

I will keep your secret, however If anyone investigates you, or if you die, you will be found out, so you need to stay under the radar. I will keep your secret if you play by my rules.

Your real win condition is "Town" You will only win the game if you meet that win condition.

If you decide to personally make any kills, I will stop them happening. I know you don't want to kill anyone really.

I won't tell… I promise"

There were 2 hours between those 2 messages , and to the rest of the mafia I was their don , the only person who knew that was false before I died was me (or possibly Alarm as i'm not sure what the underground mafia got told)

So i was a townie - but had a secondary role as a fake mafia don who knew and could communicate with some people outside of the game - so its a bit more than "your a townie"

Yes, your role was the townie head of the fake mafia. You only had one real win condition :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 23:15 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Way to go me. That's a brilliant game idea ruined as a revealed concept.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 23:18 
ugvm'er at heart...

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
I'm beginning to think that this is actually a ruse, no one has actually died yet, and we are just waking up on the island.

Heh, I was actually going to do a Lost type ending! But I thought that would just confuse things even more.

To be absolutely clear how the game was setup, everybody was given a role to start with.
Right before the game started, the mafia were all told that they were living a lie, their mafia life was fake and what their real role was.
Also, right before the game started, 3 townies were told they were actually a member of the underground mob, along with one of the fake mafia.

That was it, nothing more than that, anything else is just theories you have have made up yourself :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 23:18 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Hang on. Surely the mafia don actually being a townie would mean that you should immediately tell the town who all the mafia are? You're the 'don', so they can't stop you. You could even off the other mafia overnight.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 23:20 
ugvm'er at heart...

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Way to go me. That's a brilliant game idea ruined as a revealed concept.

Nah, too confusing, we won't have any of that sort of subterfuge in our scum games! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 23:21 
ugvm'er at heart...

sinister agent wrote:
Hang on. Surely the mafia don actually being a townie would mean that you should immediately tell the town who all the mafia are? You're the 'don', so they can't stop you. You could even off the other mafia overnight.

That was precisely what Zaphod was thinking of doing, but decided not to. I wonder what would have happened if he did. Zaphod didn't know about the underground mob at that point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 23:29 
Excellent Member

I possibly had one of the best roles, fake mafioso and real mob member. The mob knew all the mafia's moves.

The only downside was the chav role, which twice nearly got me lynched.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 23:30 
Excellent Member

Oh, and thanks for running the game, Trooper you clart. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 0:23 
8-Bit Champion

sinister agent wrote:

That was something i was struggling with - the problem was my 'mafia' was Kovacs , Alarm and Joans , if for example we lynched Kovacs then its the cop because the mafia part roles were fake if we went for Joans then 'he's not mafia he's a SK' so that would also have got me killed because i'd have been proved wrong.

(oh and Kovacs basically did that later on and still wasnt believed despite having even more real information because he'd investigated.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:03 
Unpossible!

Reading back, I agree that the big reveal of the hidden mob died on it's arse. I read it and re-read it, but it just seemed like you were messing around. If you're going to do something like that, it needs to be explicit.

"A body is found. He is wearing a pinstripe suit and fedora. In his hand is a tommy gun and bowl of pasta. How could this man be anything but Mafia? But maybe, just maybe, he was trying too hard. A search of the body reveals a note: "I can no longer live the lie! I am not Mafia! I am a townie!". The townspeople look shocked! What madness is this??"

... for example.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:20 
Excellent Member

DavPaz wrote:
Reading back, I agree that the big reveal of the hidden mob died on it's arse. I read it and re-read it, but it just seemed like you were messing around. If you're going to do something like that, it needs to be explicit.

I agree with that. The reveal, such as it was, just seemed like a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:27 
8-Bit Champion

Trooper wrote:
I could have let the game carry on, but to be brutally honest, nobody in the game could be bothered to post, so I couldn't be bothered to let it continue :) Was it the right decision? Possibly not, but that was the consequence of nobody playing.

It was always your decision to make , and I thank you for taking the time to run this - I understand the sheer amount of work going into these things.

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
I think the thing with Mafiascum is that it takes a lot out of you mentally if you're playing properly.

So very much :this:

Mind you, desperately trying to convince SA that secret, unknown roles and powers were afoot was fun for an evening. All absolute chuffing gibberish, all of it.

A lot of the game is the bluff and double bluff (or to put it another way the "Curiosity Roleclaim") and as a loon if you were even partially responsible for some of the 'don hunting' stuff that went on then congratulations :-)

I think the last game was very active and involved for all who played but it takes a while for the forum to recharge enough to play a game with the same intensity, if that makes sense?

Which I think is why it was limited to once a month , there is also the lingering suspicion around certain people because of what they did in the past , this often plays into those little moments where people who should be working together dont simply because at some point in the past one of them was on the other side or did not listen to what the other person said (ref me backing up Mr Dave in that one game to the towns loss and then not really trusting anything he said for the next few games even when he *was* just a townie).

A gap between games is important - I actually think as part of the post mortem for this game we could come up with a list of suggestions which we could use in the future - things like

1) Days (at the start of the game) need to last at least 24 hours and ideally should end at the same time (end of lunchtime seems to work well because a lot of people can check the forums at this point?)
2) Silent players who are not taking part should be mod-killed regardless of their role (possibly some caveats for people who are legitimately away) *OR* they should be swapped out with people who were unable to make it into the game (I remember a role swap in an early game which worked).
3) Hidden roles and concealed things have their place , but when they are revealed it needs to be clear whats revealed (again I think back to a game where Grim... placed the hidden roles in the description thread as [hidden role] and then revealed them and the information when things happened)
4) There should be a gap between games , even where one starts late - I think at least 2 weeks between the end of one game and the start of the next
5) Even when doing a blind game , talk to someone else not taking part about the balance and the way you expect the roles to work - when doing a non-blind game take on the feedback from others about where characters seem over or underpowered.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 13:15 
ugvm'er at heart...

DavPaz wrote:

"A body is found. He is wearing a pinstripe suit and fedora. In his hand is a tommy gun and bowl of pasta. How could this man be anything but Mafia? But maybe, just maybe, he was trying too hard. A search of the body reveals a note: "I can no longer live the lie! I am not Mafia! I am a townie!". The townspeople look shocked! What madness is this??"

... for example.

You are correct, but I was losing interest and patience at that point, so didn't put as much into the underground mob reveal as I could have.

I would have thought, that information provided by the GM is never a joke, certainly if it is part of the overnight actions, and is in a repeatable style and format, and there is obviously something weird going on in the town... Everything means something, maybe if people had talked a bit more this would have come out. That was the intention at least. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 13:18 
Unpossible!

Aye, there's the rub.

Thanks for running the game, Trooper. Sorry for my diminished contribution.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 13:25 
ugvm'er at heart...

zaphod79 wrote:
Trooper wrote:
I could have let the game carry on, but to be brutally honest, nobody in the game could be bothered to post, so I couldn't be bothered to let it continue :) Was it the right decision? Possibly not, but that was the consequence of nobody playing.

It was always your decision to make , and I thank you for taking the time to run this - I understand the sheer amount of work going into these things.

I think the thing with Mafiascum is that it takes a lot out of you mentally if you're playing properly.

So very much :this:

Mind you, desperately trying to convince SA that secret, unknown roles and powers were afoot was fun for an evening. All absolute chuffing gibberish, all of it.

A lot of the game is the bluff and double bluff (or to put it another way the "Curiosity Roleclaim") and as a loon if you were even partially responsible for some of the 'don hunting' stuff that went on then congratulations :-)

I think the last game was very active and involved for all who played but it takes a while for the forum to recharge enough to play a game with the same intensity, if that makes sense?

Which I think is why it was limited to once a month , there is also the lingering suspicion around certain people because of what they did in the past , this often plays into those little moments where people who should be working together dont simply because at some point in the past one of them was on the other side or did not listen to what the other person said (ref me backing up Mr Dave in that one game to the towns loss and then not really trusting anything he said for the next few games even when he *was* just a townie).

A gap between games is important - I actually think as part of the post mortem for this game we could come up with a list of suggestions which we could use in the future - things like

1) Days (at the start of the game) need to last at least 24 hours and ideally should end at the same time (end of lunchtime seems to work well because a lot of people can check the forums at this point?)
2) Silent players who are not taking part should be mod-killed regardless of their role (possibly some caveats for people who are legitimately away) *OR* they should be swapped out with people who were unable to make it into the game (I remember a role swap in an early game which worked).
3) Hidden roles and concealed things have their place , but when they are revealed it needs to be clear whats revealed (again I think back to a game where Grim... placed the hidden roles in the description thread as [hidden role] and then revealed them and the information when things happened)
4) There should be a gap between games , even where one starts late - I think at least 2 weeks between the end of one game and the start of the next
5) Even when doing a blind game , talk to someone else not taking part about the balance and the way you expect the roles to work - when doing a non-blind game take on the feedback from others about where characters seem over or underpowered.

1) completely agree, 24 hours days at least, and end lunchtime finishes. The evening ends didn't work too well.
2) not too sure about this, ironically considering the end of this game I don't actually like to modkill unless I can help it. I'd prefer a way for the town to sort it out themselves if possible, but I don't know what.
3) Agreed. Apart from when not knowing there is a hidden role is an integral part of the game. The hidden spy passing notes in the UNScum worked really well.
4) Yup, and there always is, I don't think we have run a game with less than at a least a 2 week gap, have we?
5) Agreed, and this already happens a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 13:45 
8-Bit Champion

Trooper wrote:
2) not too sure about this, ironically considering the end of this game I don't actually like to modkill unless I can help it. I'd prefer a way for the town to sort it out themselves if possible, but I don't know what.

I would hope the 'threat' of Modkilling like this would be enough to stop it - the alternatives I think are a post in the game thread that in-active players may be removed or a PM warning them ?

The difficulty is that if you say you will modkill inactive players then the town will not vote for them because they think they will 'waste' their vote / lynch

I think the threat that this would happen should be clear , however in a 'good' game it would never get to this stage because the town should be policing itself for this.

Trooper wrote:
3) Agreed. Apart from when not knowing there is a hidden role is an integral part of the game. The hidden spy passing notes in the UNScum worked really well.

I could go for that - However I'd add that when the hidden role is revealed it should go onto the rules post and show everyone what the hidden role was - if that happened here it may have lessened the confusion over the 'fake mafia' deaths (Curio did this recently with the blind game where after each kill there was the characters description / special abilities posted)

Trooper wrote:
4) Yup, and there always is, I don't think we have run a game with less than at a least a 2 week gap, have we?

Possibly one of the early ones - it was more down to someone (I think Alarm) mentioning that the next game could start as early as next week and the comments that both could be running at the same time.

Trooper wrote:
5) Agreed, and this already happens a lot.

I may have missed that happening somewhere visibly with this one and although there was some balance in that even at the end the town could still have won I think things were slightly stacked against them.

I remember reading somewhere that the odds should work out pretty much even .... actually I couldn't remember where so went to wikipedia to find a large section on the probability :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_%28party_game%29

Oh and this line "Therefore, not lynching anyone (even at random) will typically favor the Mafia." needs to be carved into some peoples foreheads :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 14:40 
Excellent Member

zaphod79 wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that the odds should work out pretty much even .... actually I couldn't remember where so went to wikipedia to find a large section on the probability :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_%28party_game%29

Oh and this line "Therefore, not lynching anyone (even at random) will typically favor the Mafia." needs to be carved into some peoples foreheads :-)

Quote:
Quantum Werewolf

This variant was developed by Steven Irrgang and used for a puzzle in the 2008 CISRA Puzzle Competition. He later published more formal rules so that it could be a fully playable variant. The difference from a standard game of Mafia is that players are not initially assigned roles, but rather on each day are given the probabilities describing the game's current quantum state. Each player with a non-zero probability of being a seer or a werewolf performs the appropriate night actions (which may not be effective if it is later determined that the player did not have that role). When a player is killed, the wave function collapses and the players are given updated probabilities.[71]

That... sounds fun. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 14:52 
8-Bit Champion

Alarm wrote:
That... sounds fun. :)

I think it sounds slightly less confusing than this one turned out :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:37 
Peculiar, yet lovely

EBG wrote:
I think the thing with Mafiascum is that it takes a lot out of you mentally if you're playing properly. I think the last game was very active and involved for all who played but it takes a while for the forum to recharge enough to play a game with the same intensity, if that makes sense?

I agree with this, and I'm not angry or anything with people who weren't talking much - we usually have a player or two who's unexpectedly distracted or busy with other things (I think we've all been there). It seems that we just got unlucky this time with so many people in that situation. Typical, too - first time I've ever roleclaimed and nothing comes of it :(

Quote:
I probably shouldn't have made it obvious that I was the loony early on, that was probably stupid. Mind you, desperately trying to convince SA that secret, unknown roles and powers were afoot was fun for an evening. All absolute chuffing gibberish, all of it.

Ha, you did really well with that, though, considering you'd been outed. You had me doubting everything even more than I already was.

Davpaz wrote:
Why pick on the one confirmed townie though, you utter loon?

Because he's a loon! He was basically siding with the mafia, so we'd have had to kill him because he was causing so much trouble. If we'd have a few more players it would probably have worked, because he'd have been such a liability we'd have to get rid of him.

How about this: Instead of modkilling quiet players outright, each day that they're too quiet means they get a PM from the admin adding an extra condition on their role, as though their isolaton is driving them mad and making them more likely to do crazy, lynchable things.

Let's say a quiet day means that they get a random message from a list, like "loneliness is making you babble - you must post at least 200 words tomorrow". Or "it's making you paranoid - you MUST vote for, and argue with, [player x]". Or "your delusions are taking over. You must tell the world you are a famous detective, here to save the town!"

Or you could give them fake "you were roleblocked" messages, imaginary PMs from another player - just screw with them, basically, forcing them to play the game rather than killing them off.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 21:33 
Soopah red DS

DavPaz wrote:

... for example.

I was just thinking exactly the same thing. Even just a slight wording change - "He thought he was the mafia don, but now the truth can be revealed... How many others are in the same bag?" Still confusing, but at least the reality is revealed. With the second death from the fake mob you could have explicitly said "But the real mob are still out there," too. Though people reading things bizarrely is one of the most amazing things I see in most games, so who knows what would have been made of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 19:04 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Thanks for running trooper. I think the problems here were a lot of people were busy in real life coupled with multiple power roles, and two groups of people who could talk out of the game. Even between the four of us we didn't really talk too much, although thankfully alarm didn't use chav speak on his emails!

Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6