Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Blind Scum Town Square - Day Five
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 14:27 

[vote:unvote] I don't think there's a bandwagon coming, but I don't think we want one yet either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 14:31 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

there is also another thing, but I don't know if it is admissible or not, and it may be what you guys are alluding to.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 14:33 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Joans wrote:
The mafia have had a failed bandwagon before, and wanted to try and get it going again today (they probably won't now the message is out).

And this. This adds up.

Gilly wrote:
There wasn't really a bandwagon for anyone. Although, could it refer to another day?

I think it's pretty clear that it does refer to another day.

Alarm wrote:
Joans wrote:
Ok conspiracy nuts, time to go wild.
I'm still alive, I haven't been recruited, I investigated Trooper last night and he's a townie.

Yay for (somehow!) surviving the night. I find it hard to believe that you haven't been recruited, though.

I don't. Not only would the carnies not know if they'd even be able to recruit him, but they do know he's a prime target for a mafia hit. I would say it's far more likely that they went for Kovacs or me. They didn't get me (or something stopped them), so I'd imagine they got Kov, however I don't expect anyone to believe that, and even if they do, I don't think that the carnies are the bigger threat right now, although if we can somehow get the leader, that would be a great result.

Basically, I think Joans is on the level, but will cark it sooner or later, the mafia are going after the cult leader, and you should assume Kovacs and/or I are are carnies.

I am quite surprised that nobody has pointed this out.

Alarm wrote:
My thoughts:

Joans - probable carney recruit
Trooper - probably mafioso or possibly head carney

If he's mafia, why on earth would Joans say he's a townie? Even if Joans is in the cult, he would want the mafia dead more than anything.

Quote:
sinister agent - carney or mafioso

Sorry, what? How could I possibly be mafia? The only way is if Joans is lying.

Quote:
KovacsC - townie

And how come Kovacs escapes suspicion, when the reason he might be a carnie is the same reason I might be, and in fact it's statistically more likely that he is since Joans investigated him first?

Joans wrote:
Let's think about this. At the moment, we can only lynch, the carnies can recruit and the mafia can kill.
It's in the mafia's best interests to kill carnies, so, dear mafia people, tonight, you should probably look at Kovacs or Sinister, as it's a reasonable assumption both of those will have been recruited by tonight (unless, of course, you want to kill me, which I suppose would be understandable).

OH MY GOD, frickin' FINALLY. Yes, this is sensible. Annoying as piss for me, but sensible.

I'd advise against lynching Kovacs or I. First, it's 50:50 on which of us they'd have gone for last night (if they went for us at all, and hadn't already got one/both of us), and second, they'd just get the other one the next day, so their numbers will remain steady while ours dwindle. We have to take out the carny leader and the mafia, not the mooks.

For what it's worth, I suspect Malc, Alarm, and Lacesensor. The first two for dodgy claims and logic, and the third for not really saying very much and a hunch. But Zaphod is also vaguely concerning me.

I suspect APOD's box thing exhonorates him somewhat. Until tonight, anyway. Although it could be a thing the Carnies did instead of recruiting, I suppose, but I think that's unlikely as they've no reason to share the info.

I want to know whether Malc is mafia or carny. I think he must be one of the two. Which one he turns out to be (remember he claimed he was locked in last night) will reveal a lot if we look carefully. I'm hoping he's the leader.

[vote:malc]

Joans wrote:
"Need a real reason to push for <crackle> again tomorrow if Craster is lynched beacuse we couldn't get it moving last time...I'm pretty sure shes not one of them...Leave the detective for tonight and we'll hope that she is carnie"

Can we have some opinions on who is being referred to here please?

I think it's talking about Gilly on day two. Trooper voted for her, and then Malc and Russ jumped on quickly. I also voted, but she then talked me out of it, and Trooper unvoted.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 14:33 
Ready for action

Joans wrote:
[vote:unvote] I don't think there's a bandwagon coming, but I don't think we want one yet either.

Well, I've made a decision based on what I think. If Malc is part of a team and the opposing team want to bandwagon him then to be honest I don't mind and actually welcome it. Just because we want rid of both of them, doesn't mean we can't appreciate it when baddies are responsible for making our lynches possible. We need to make a decision at some point and i've made mine. Whoever we end up voting for, one of the two bad teams will join our vote.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 14:34 
Peculiar, yet lovely

In fact, the more I look at the push for Gilly, the more convinced I am that Malc and Russ are mafia. Lace and Alarm I'm unsure about, and Bobby and Zaphod too, but I would put money on Malc and Russ at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 14:46 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Okay, I had a pray and ... Zaphod appears to be the only person to refer to Trooper as "she".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 14:47 
Ready for action

Quote:
Blind Scum Town Square - Day Five
VOTE UPDATE

gilly: 1 (Malc)
alarm: 2 (Mr Russell, LaceSensor)
malc: 5 (Trooper, Gilly, Alarm, ApplePieOfDestiny, sinister agent)

Not voted: 4 (zaphod79, joans, bobbyaro, kovacsc)

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, and 9 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

Just in case we're getting close to a lynch, we want to have a record of who was voting and who wasn't. Zaphod, Joans, Bobbyaro and KovacsC not voting right now, while Mr Russell, LaceSensor and Malc(obviously) don't vote for Malc.

This is only useful if Malc turns out to be a baddy of course.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 14:57 

Fine, I'm reasonably convinced that he is a baddy of some description, so I'll [vote:Malc], see what happens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 15:00 
Excellent Member

Gilly wrote:
Quote:
VOTE UPDATE

alarm: 2 (Mr Russell, LaceSensor)
malc: 5 (Trooper, Gilly, Alarm, ApplePieOfDestiny, sinister agent)

Not voted: 4 (zaphod79, joans, bobbyaro, kovacsc)

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, and 9 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Just in case we're getting close to a lynch, we want to have a record of who was voting and who wasn't. Zaphod, Joans, Bobbyaro and KovacsC not voting right now, while Mr Russell, LaceSensor and Malc(obviously) don't vote for Malc.

This is only useful if Malc turns out to be a baddy of course.

Im happy to vote for Malc if it helps, but I thought (having just returned to base and caught up on local gossip) we were holding off ending today too soon.

Reading back there seems to be some concensus. Trooper has been talked about in terms of sitting with either of the bad bunches. Maybe we could apply some pressure there?

I think the locksmith (gluer) is mafia, but thats just a 50:50 hunch of course.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 15:02 
Isn't that lovely?

Oh well town loses.

Nevermind, I so did like this town, and my life, and my farm.

Any mafia or townies voting for me are insane, and will kick yourself when the Carney's win.

Old Macdonald

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 15:05 
Excellent Member

sounds of a desperate Farmer. Hmm.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 15:06 
Isn't that lovely?

The locksmith has to be neutral (unless the carney's have him now, and thought I was mafia - or vice versa) or why would they not protect one of their own?

Anyone who talked yesterday about not getting craster straight away is suspect, anyone who questioned today why we should target carneys over mafia is suspect too.

Remember that when I am dead (if there is any chance to redeem the town)

Old Maconald

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 15:08 

Malc wrote:
The locksmith has to be neutral (unless the carney's have him now, and thought I was mafia - or vice versa) or why would they not protect one of their own?

Anyone who talked yesterday about not getting craster straight away is suspect, anyone who questioned today why we should target carneys over mafia is suspect too.

Old Maconald

I took it to be more of a roleblock than a protection (although it might serve as both)?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 15:23 
Excellent Member

Malc wrote:

Old Maconald

If the lock person is a seen as a roleblocker, the Mafia wouldnt want to block their own roles which is kill, and possibly something else ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 15:31 
ugvm'er at heart...

Joans wrote:
Gilly wrote:
I think I see what Joans is hinting at and I'd suggest he looks through pages two and three of day three which would mean he could then confirm or deny if I have the right woman being targetted. If so, that message may have just handed us three mafia.

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I'm assuming, as has already been stated by several people, that the mafia were trying to get a push on our very own female librarian, Trooper, and that's who the "I'm pretty sure she's not one of them" refers to. It does kind of depend on how the message came to be, which is hugely meta, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

And they pushed for me because I got way to close with my analysis, but they couldn't kill me as that would make it obvious that I was correct and I was pointing at a mafia. I am 100% sure that Alarm is mafia, I was pretty sure that Russ was, but today has me thinking that maybe I was wrong and Zaphod is more likely. I would also be extremely surprised if Bobby didn't turn out to be mafia.

However we need to catch the carnies tonight, so as much as I want them to be lynched, I don't think they are our best bet for today. If they kill me tonight, then that will point the finger at them completely, so I think I'll be safe from that. Ironically, this is probably the last day anyone can trust what I say, as I expect to be recruited by the carnies tonight!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 15:33 
ugvm'er at heart...

<Oh, and I meant that to be posted ages ago, but came back and realised I hadn't pressed send>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 16:11 
Awesome
Yes

Gilly you say I'm not voting for Malc? I'm so enraged I'll cover myself in talc.
I voted this morning the same way as you, your logic convinced me that Malc smelled of poo.

I was also inclined to say I suspected Alarm, because of my suspected propensity of his to cause harm.
If you want I'll [vote:Malc] and I don't mind the switch; your logic is impeccable; today I'm your bitch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 16:13 
Sleepyhead

The denizens of Grumblington-on-the-Wold are wary. There are two factions aside from the Towniers, and it is hard to tell who might be a friend, and who an enemy.

It doesn't take long, though, for people to turn on the town's farmer, and he takes a short, sharp drop.

A quick ransacking of his house turns up only seeds, animal feed and the keys to a combine harvester.

Malc was a Farming Townie

Night actions by 11am Wednesday at the latest. Preferably before then though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 16:17 
Sleepyhead

For the record:

VOTE UPDATE

alarm: 1 (LaceSensor)
malc: 7 (Trooper, Gilly, Mr Russell, Alarm, ApplePieOfDestiny, sinister agent, Joans)

Not voted: 3 (zaphod79, bobbyaro, kovacsc)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4