Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blind Scum Town Square - Day Three
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:08 
ugvm'er at heart...

Alarm wrote:
Perhaps wait until the evening to see if most people are active?

That is exactly what I was was trying to say :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:29 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Slightly Green wrote:
With very little to go on i am hoping that Flis was trying to pass on information on who she spent the night with on night one with her comment about coffee, so [vote:KovacsC] since it is such a short day. If the town has any better ideas i am happy to change my vote.

My mix tape is nearly ready, i hope that it will be appreciated.

Sorry, there is an amazing amount of people (from out of town) wanting tattoos today, could you quote, flis' comment, please?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:32 

zaphod79 wrote:
Trooper wrote:
I think if there are a lot of people who haven't woken up in the next few hours, we should continue talking throughout the night to try and come to a decision.

If Joans shows up we could spend longer in the bar , however i'd prefer to be in my own home overnight - and we cant let another day go past without at least trying to reduce the enemies of the town - a no-lynch would be bad right now.

? I got here ages ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:32 
Awesome
Yes

Here you go, bobbyaro:

Quote:
Might I suggest a spritz of the finest French perfume to take the edge off the smell of death that is lingering over our town? As if things weren't bad enough I learn the townie full of carny folk!? Selling knock-off eau de toilette that they've probably made from horse piss or stolen from Boots....it's NOT perfume, do not be fooled!

I need a coffee, I had a very restless night I was tossing and turning right through. I think I may need a lie down soon to recover, if you don't hear from me for a few hours it's because I'm napping.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:39 

That is very subtle if it is anything. She would have lost nothing by saying she was going to get a coffee off him. Still, it may be something.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:43 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Joans wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Trooper wrote:
I think if there are a lot of people who haven't woken up in the next few hours, we should continue talking throughout the night to try and come to a decision.

If Joans shows up we could spend longer in the bar , however i'd prefer to be in my own home overnight - and we cant let another day go past without at least trying to reduce the enemies of the town - a no-lynch would be bad right now.

? I got here ages ago.

Sorry its all the black your wearing (I assume its mourning for your best customer) - do you think it would be good to keep the bar open a little longer tonight - it seems sundown is at 16:00 , which means we have a very short day (around 3 hours left)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:45 
Ready for action

Just on lunch, I'm working in the basement (of my hat shop) today so I don't get mobile signal. Although that has.nothing to do with a town square so I have no idea why I mentioned it.
I think the flis coffee comment was inncoent, and too weak to start a lynch on. I think SA is looking ok, I won't vote him. I am pretty sure Craster is a goody, I can just visualize him spending evenings at home watching telltale after a hard day washing clothes.
I'm really surprised more people haven't jumped on trooper, he was blocked night one by his own admission and then there was an extra kill on night two?I haven't read about any of the dead peoples roles on the newspaper and can't remember who's said they've been blcoked today but the person I'm most suss of right now is trooper.
I'll try and get back here about half two to vote.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:47 
ugvm'er at heart...

Bobbyaro wrote:
That is very subtle if it is anything. She would have lost nothing by saying she was going to get a coffee off him. Still, it may be something.

I don't think it is anything really, and itwas just a comment. But in the spirit of needing to do something, and as KovacsC is on my list of possible mafia, as I mentioned at the start of the day, and it could be a message, however slim that chance, then [vote:KovacsC]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:47 

zaphod79 wrote:
Joans wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Trooper wrote:

? I got here ages ago.

Sorry its all the black your wearing (I assume its mourning for your best customer) - do you think it would be good to keep the bar open a little longer tonight - it seems sundown is at 16:00 , which means we have a very short day (around 3 hours left)

With all the alcohol I now have in stock (and on order) I might have to stay open 24/7.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:48 

okay, what have I missed:
sinister Agent wrote:
And sorry, can I just ask the town why, exactly, it's okay to instantly vote for me when I was bloody right about nickachu being dodgy as fuck? He was lying to us, and would only continue to lie with every passing day. Now we know the 'incompetent cop' thing was bullshit, we're better off.

Why was nick lying to us, and how is it proven?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:51 
Awesome
Yes

Bobbyaro wrote:
sinister Agent wrote:
And sorry, can I just ask the town why, exactly, it's okay to instantly vote for me when I was bloody right about nickachu being dodgy as fuck? He was lying to us, and would only continue to lie with every passing day. Now we know the 'incompetent cop' thing was bullshit, we're better off.

There's a bulletin board in the town square, initially set up by our own town mayor.
There's a section on rules and roles, especially useful to us town proles.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:51 
ugvm'er at heart...

Gilly wrote:
I'm really surprised more people haven't jumped on trooper, he was blocked night one by his own admission and then there was an extra kill on night two?I haven't read about any of the dead peoples roles on the newspaper and can't remember who's said they've been blcoked today but the person I'm most suss of right now is trooper.

The main reason I am rightly deemed above suspicion, is that if I was in a killing role, admitting to being roleblocked on a night where a kill didn't happen is an epically stupid thing to do. I would like to think people are giving me more credit than that.

The fact you can't, or don't want to see that, is very interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:08 
Unpossible!

Trooper wrote:
Gilly wrote:

The main reason I am rightly deemed above suspicion, is that if I was in a killing role, admitting to being roleblocked on a night where a kill didn't happen is an epically stupid thing to do. I would like to think people are giving me more credit than that.

I suspect out local hatter smells a double bluff, friend librarian.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:14 
ugvm'er at heart...

DavPaz wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Gilly wrote:

I suspect out local hatter smells a double bluff, friend librarian.

She possibly thinks so, but a bluff like that is an extremely risky game to play, especially when everyone appears to have a hidden agenda that we had no idea about to start with.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:15 
Awesome
Yes

Maybe our second killer has a dual role... one night he killed, but on the first night an investigation was his role?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:16 
Unpossible!

Mr Russell wrote:
Maybe our second killer has a dual role... one night he killed, but on the first night an investigation was his role?

That would be a scarily empowered individual.

Also, rhyming role with role? Not cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:18 
Awesome
Yes

DavPaz wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Not cool? Shut up fool.
Perhaps he could only kill those who are good, or something he shouldn't and something he should.

I'm merely speculating, as is my wont, if it's not captivating stick your head in your font.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:19 
Isn't that lovely?

Mr Russell wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Not cool? Shut up fool.
Perhaps he could only kill those who are good, or something he shouldn't and something he should.

I'm merely speculating, as is my wont, if it's not captivating stick your head in your font.

You sound like you might know something about this person?

Old Macdonald

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:20 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Russell wrote:
stick your head in your font.

:luv:

Unpossible!

As much as I resent the threatening nature of your comments (I'll pray for you. Anyone care to join me?) the rhyme was delightful.

Level 6 Laser Lotus

Mr Russell wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Not cool? Shut up fool.

LMAO that is fucking brilliant :DD

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:23 
ugvm'er at heart...

DavPaz wrote:
As much as I resent the threatening nature of your comments (I'll pray for you. Anyone care to join me?) the rhyme was delightful.

Why do you keep asking people to pray with you...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:23 
Awesome
Yes

Trooper wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

He's a vicar.

Are people getting thicker?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:27 
Unpossible!

Trooper wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

I have to try. This town needs help.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:28 
ugvm'er at heart...

DavPaz wrote:
Trooper wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

I have to try. This town needs help.

Then I will pray with you.

(awaits tonight with interest...)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:29 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Russell wrote:
Trooper wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

He's a vicar.

Russell's in the fucking zone.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:33 
Awesome
Yes

Craster wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Trooper wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

He's a vicar.

Russell's in the fucking zone.

My fucking zone should be left well alone.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:34 

Mr Russell wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
sinister Agent wrote:

There's a bulletin board in the town square, initially set up by our own town mayor.
There's a section on rules and roles, especially useful to us town proles.

Got it, I missed the secondary statement. OTOH, his lie might have been
nickachu wrote:
Would you like some bread for that bacon sarnie Grim... it's freshly baked. Best bread in town.
:D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 14:06 

Okay, I am catching up, and posting stuff as I come across, so some of it may have been answered already:

People are saying:
sinister agent wrote:
Craster may be right about the mafia being the ones causing all these lockins. I don't think it's likely we had two people in town who like to keep people occupied all night.

This suggests to me that Craster is not mafia, else it'd be in his interests to just keep quiet about it.

apart from the fact that the phantom lock fiddler knows they locked craster in, if he hadn't come forward after Trooper did that would look very dodgy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 14:09 
Sleepyhead

The Town huddle together against the coming night. It's getting dark out, but practically all of the people living in Grumblington-on-the-Wold have spoken, so to stay talking throughout the night is deemed too much. As a brief concession to the talkative, when it gets really dark at 4.30pm, and not a minute later, people will have return to their abodes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 14:15 
Awesome
Yes

I think I've decided that I will trust Craster, so [vote:Slightly Green] for smelling of pasta.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 14:20 

Slightly green is tingling my radar also, but I am still not trusting of any of you bastards. Trooper. Also, Craster isn't off the hook either. I am around the town square all afternoon, so will see what people say.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 14:21 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Bobbyaro wrote:
Also, Craster isn't off the hook either.

Oh, of course not. But you voted to hang a good guy yesterday and I told you not to. Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 14:25 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Mr Russell wrote:
I think I've decided that I will trust Craster, so [vote:Slightly Green] for smelling of pasta.

Are you seriously voting for me because Craster can rhyme with Pasta?

There is not a huge amount i can say in my defence as no one has actually said why they think i am Mafia other than i had the last vote yesterday, but since most of us were saying that we had to be proactive and oust someone yesterday i switched my vote (as i said all along i was happy to do from SA to Nic) as the time was running low.

The only hunch i have is to trust that Flis was being very smart and dropped hints about who her customers were, but i have stated that previously.

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 14:28 
8-Bit Champion

One other thing to remember going forward is trusting people now is all fine and good , however we know there is a group out there who can recruit so trusting people going forward needs to be looked at.

(i.e I agree with the thinking that Trooper being blocked on night one and saying she was is positive but for all we know she was recruited last night by the carnies)

Also as far as I'm aware no-one has came forward to say they were visited by Flis on either night (if she got a visit in yesterday) , and although I understand the potential shame of visiting a lady of the night , I find this lack of information puzzling , it suggests that she may well have blocked a killer on night 1 (who then killed her on night 2) , and blocked someone else on night 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 14:55 

I agree with Butcher Zaphod (say do you use any of your butcher skills anywhere else?). I thin kit must be the case flis was shacked up with the killer night one, otherwise they would have come forward.
Can we guess at double lives people are leading, and does it help?

Mafia:
Don -1

The mafia are reknowned for having leaders, you would think there was one here

Killer - 1 - ?
sometimes called a goon, I believe

A locksmith 1
unconfimed mafia, but the general thinking, and I agree with it, is flis was our best chance of stalling for the town, so the locksmith is not a town fan. Could be a carnie, but I can't see what they wold have to gain by locking people in?

It would appear that the lock smith and the killers are able to perform at the same time

Carnival folk
err, carneys(ies?) 1 - ?

I would assume they would start with 1 or 2, but they appear to be able to brainwash people into following into their carnival ways. We know that EBJ was brainwashed, I think it is safe to assume they brainwashed some one last night.

No other known roles.

A random killer - 1
apparently role blockedon night one
alternatively, has multiple abilities which can't be used at the same time.
affiliation unknown.

Town folk:
Gambling townie (turned carney)
Teacher
Hooker
Egotistical

So what does that give us:
3 confirmed Mafia
1 confirmed carnie (probably 2)
1 random killer
4 townies (dead :( )

So out of 16 people in the town square, 5 (prob 6) are leading lives which are to the detriment of the town.

Do these figures add up?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 14:59 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
Do these figures add up?

They seem to make sense - we probably also have some other hidden 'good' roles for the town (some type of investigator at least I would assume).

Also we asked for people to stay behind tonight to try and extend things and yet everything seems to have gone quiet - we have 90 minutes to take action today - a no lynch is bad for us as the mafia will kill , the carnies will recruit and (probably) a serial killer will strike - thats another 3 'non townies' left for tomorrow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:05 

well, I wandered by that machine in the square, and I think I figured out how to use it:
Quote:
VOTE UPDATE

applepieofdestiny: 1 (sinister agent)
slightly green: 2 (Craster, Mr Russell)
trooper: 2 (Bobbyaro, Malc)
sinister agent: 2 (LaceSensor, ApplePieOfDestiny)
kovacsc: 2 (Trooper, Slightly Green)

Not voted: 7 (zaphod79, davpaz, joans, goddess jasmine, alarm, gilly, kovacsc)

With 16 players alive, 9 votes are required for a lynch, and 12 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:08 

Incidentally, we have had 3 people who have only come out of their homes once today, Gilly, GJ and KovacsC. It is entirely possible they missed the time that the sun sets.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:15 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
well, I wandered by that machine in the square, and I think I figured out how to use it:

It looks as if my previous vote didnt count

Trying again with no spaces - but we're spread too thinly right now to get a lynch

[vote:LaceSensor]

We need to switch things around - so i'm going to switch to Kovacs - on the 'flis sorta suggested him' theory

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:16 
8-Bit Champion

[vote:kovacsc]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:18 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

zaphod79 wrote:
i'm going to switch to Kovacs - on the 'flis sorta suggested him' theory

I have no view of Kovacs one way or the other, but that quote from Flis is the weakest suggestion of a hint that I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:18 
8-Bit Champion

Although I should also say I'm happy to switch again for any of the current people with votes - of them trooper is probably the one i suspect the least but I'm worried that the carnie people may have looked at her as a 'safe' recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:19 
8-Bit Champion

Craster wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

I have no view of Kovacs one way or the other, but that quote from Flis is the weakest suggestion of a hint that I've ever seen.

Okay - your voting for Slightly Green , can you help convince me why to switch to them ? (happy to do so but i dont see the reasoning right now)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:20 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

There's a long way to go in 75 minutes. I can't turn a tax return around in that time.

I recall a comment about Kovacs and knives at some point yesterday. Was it Gilly who said that? I think thats shooting in the dark though.

In terms of who has been voted for, I think the the votes for LS are flimsy, but could be well founded. I've still not seen anything by SA to change my mind that there is 'something not quite right about him' but ask me whether he is Mafia. Carnie, SK, or even other and I couldn't guess. The angle on Trooper because of the roleblock is convincing on one hand, but too easy on the other. Unless he has a compulsion to disclose his night actions. :shrug:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:21 
ugvm'er at heart...

Craster wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

But if you add that into my mafia block vote theory on nickachu...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:23 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

zaphod79 wrote:
Craster wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

Okay - your voting for Slightly Green , can you help convince me why to switch to them ? (happy to do so but i dont see the reasoning right now)

He voted to kill Nickachu, but when Trooper compiled a list of people that did, he missed SG off the list. That's more than we've got to go on with anyone else. Also, it then points us right at Trooper if SG does turn out to be a bad guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:26 
8-Bit Champion

zaphod79 wrote:

Looking back your vote for SG seems to be because he FOS'd bobby for not picking up on Flis's expertise ... 'distracting' people from their more usual nightly activity (which is on the bit of paper in the town square) , I can only assume you had not read it either - SG always tends to be a bit under my radar but I cant see anything odd there right now ?

We're running out of time here and need an action - No lynch is just a terrible result for the town at this stage - we need to agree on a target and vote - 7 votes is going to be difficult to pull together with the number of people we have around.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:26 
ugvm'er at heart...

Craster wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Craster wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

He voted to kill Nickachu, but when Trooper compiled a list of people that did, he missed SG off the list. That's more than we've got to go on with anyone else. Also, it then points us right at Trooper if SG does turn out to be a bad guy.

So I missed one, sue me.

<do we have a lawyer in town?>

You cant be seriously suggesting that something as easily checkable as that was an intentional ploy?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 15:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

No, I think it's more likely to be subconscious - which is an even bigger tell.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next