Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: UNScum : Day 2
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:59 
ugvm'er at heart...

After a slow day in the meeting room, everyone retires to bed.

Morning dawns, the delegates ready themselves for another day of fruitless discussion, they gather, or at least most of them do...

<screams>

In rushes the cleaning lady, she has found something!

Craster is found, lying in a pool of blood, teeth broken and deformed. Beside him is a tray of tea and crumpets.
Craster was the Dutch Prime Minister!

After calming herself down, the cleaning lady moves to the room next door... funny, there is a peep hole from one bathroom to the next? Anyway...

<screams>

In rushes the cleaning lady, she has found something! And, to be honest, is not having a particularly good day.

LaceSensor is found. He has been decapitated and his head sewn onto the body of a pig! Obviously whoever did this cruel deed thought their job done, and left, but by some fluke of nature LaceSensor appeared to have survived... for an hour or two, then was wrapped in the flag of his country and burned as a human effigy. Not his lucky day either.
A note was found with the body. It reads:
"My lungs burn from breathing the same poisoned air as you corrupt power-hungry infidels in the main meeting room. I see you whispering in the corridors, plotting to take the fruits of our homeland for yourselves. You think you can come into our country whenever you want and that the Great Father Gaddafi will allow it! Of course, he will not! When the people of the fatherland see how you sons of dogs hurt the Father Muammar, they will take to the streets to show the world their anger at your behaviour. But the news media of the Western World will lie. You will take their drugs and get drunk then make up stories of our loyal people taking to the streets not to show their support for the wise and generous Father, but to try and overthrow us! you have made a mistake this time though. We will show the world the truth and will make any who stands against us regret their actions. I wish to send a message. The coward and fool LaceSensor offends us and our people demand action. He will be made an example of. Effigies to burn made of wood and paper are no longr enough.
Praise Muammar! Praise Libya! Praise Allah!"

LaceSensor was the American President!

[playerlist]
sinister agent
Grim...
Curiosity
KovacsC
gospvg
DavPaz
Bobbyaro
nickachu
Gilly
flis
Mr Russell
Slightly Green
Goddess Jasmine
joans
malc
Alberto
Alarm
[/playerlist]

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

Link to Ruleset: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7104

With 17 players alive, 9 votes are required for a lynch, and 13 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Day 2 Ends at 10pm Wednesday.

Remember, you are voting people off the council, not for lynching, but the principal stays the same!

Can a mod do the death thread access thing please

Post subject: Re: UNScum : Day 2
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:05 
Unpossible!

Is that 2 seperate hits on Lace? Ouch!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:06 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

People are dying?

Let's watch the security cameras.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:08 
Unpossible!

Grim... wrote:
People are dying?

Let's watch the security cameras.

There are cameras in the hotel rooms???

THIS IS A DISGRACE!

(but yes, let's watch)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:09 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Blimey Lace really got nailed then, so anyone want to confess?

I am as clueless as yesterday, anyone got any ideas?

*wanders over to the bar*

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:12 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Fuck the deaths, there's a bar?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:25 
Excellent Member

So Lace was hit by the Afgans and then the Lybians and Craster was bumped off by the USA/UK bumboys?

Hmmm. Day one, like night one, is always a stab in the dark so I'm not sure we can take anything from the killings other than 'yay, warmonger!' and 'nay, schmokey McPot!'.

I am certainly no more the wiser than I was yesterday. Although, in hindsight, Lace did have stars n stripes on his socks and cufflinks. Frightfully vulgar those Americans, they do with being a little more understated.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:26 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

*orders Grim... a double scotch on the rocks from DavPaz the Lybian Bartender*

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:32 

Ouch!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:36 
Sleepyhead

It definitely seems as if both sets of Infidels hit the president, and the Yanks got the Brits to off the Dutchie (on the left hand side?).

Which means the Frenchies are still French (good news... if any factions gets them on their side, they are well set for numbers!).

We may also have information in the hands of the Germans and the Dutch (unless they targeted the dead).

I hereby table a resolution to increase security.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:41 
Are the dutch out of the game now?

Are there no MP's (or equivalent) left?

Terrible news on both of these deaths.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:44 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Slightly Green wrote:

I would just like to point out that i am only assuming DavPaz is a Lybian Bartender, he could just be in disguise.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:46 
Sleepyhead

nickachu wrote:

#1 - What makes you assume the Dutch are out and the American Warmongers aren't? They have the same amount of potential delegates listed.

#2 - Whilst I find no joy in the death of anyone, the world is a safer place without the Chief Warmonger around.

[vote:nickachu]

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:50 
Unpossible!

Slightly Green wrote:

I see no need to throw around random accusations so early. Unless you feel the need to have fake roleclaim, natch

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 13:51 
Curiosity wrote:
nickachu wrote:

#1 - What makes you assume the Dutch are out and the American Warmongers aren't? They have the same amount of potential delegates listed.

#2 - Whilst I find no joy in the death of anyone, the world is a safer place without the Chief Warmonger around.

[vote:nickachu]

I take no joy in anyone being dead. That is why it is terrible news. I was hoping we'd come to a peaceful agreement in throwing out the nasties from the UN. Well the world may be safer without one of the Chief Warmongers but there are also 3 other chief warmongers (that includes UK, Libya and Afghan) that are trying to disturb the peace.

I assumed the dutch are out because I haven't read the rules properly. That is all.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 14:05 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

"you have had all weekend to read the rules"

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 14:07 
Bobbyaro wrote:

I've been working, and sleeping.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 14:13 
Sleepyhead

nickachu wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:

I've been murdering people.

Scandalous!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 14:50 
Ready for action

I was just reading the rules there to see why people were making such assumptions about the identity of the killers. I understand now, there are only three potential killers out there and two of the hits are blatantly belonging to a particular country (the tea for the the British and the Libya love for the, well, Libyans. I had hoped someone was making an assumption based on their role but no such luck!
Ok, so LS seems to have been a popular target, why? He didn't really say much yesterday. He was hit by the two craziest teams in the game though, surely that's not just luck? Did he reveal his id in some sort of covert way? Craster getting hit by the Americans/British is odd as well, was that a grudge hit or just a random pick? I'm going to go back and reread day one.
Hopefully the Germans have done an investigation and have some useful info, I think an investigative role must be really powerful in a game like this because everyone belongs to a group, even the Swiss! Oh, actually...what are the chances of one group deciding to vote for their teammate early on as cover later? "I can't be on his side, I started a vote for him on Day one when he isn't even at risk". Which would be a fairly good tactic since there wasn't ever really a chance of getting a consensu vote on day one.
Ok, I'm going to rereasd the whole day again!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 14:56 
Sleepyhead

Gilly wrote:
I was just reading the rules there to see why people were making such assumptions about the identity of the killers. I understand now, there are only three potential killers out there and two of the hits are blatantly belonging to a particular country (the tea for the the British and the Libya love for the, well, Libyans. I had hoped someone was making an assumption based on their role but no such luck!
Ok, so LS seems to have been a popular target, why? He didn't really say much yesterday. He was hit by the two craziest teams in the game though, surely that's not just luck? Did he reveal his id in some sort of covert way? Craster getting hit by the Americans/British is odd as well, was that a grudge hit or just a random pick? I'm going to go back and reread day one.
Hopefully the Germans have done an investigation and have some useful info, I think an investigative role must be really powerful in a game like this because everyone belongs to a group, even the Swiss! Oh, actually...what are the chances of one group deciding to vote for their teammate early on as cover later? "I can't be on his side, I started a vote for him on Day one when he isn't even at risk". Which would be a fairly good tactic since there wasn't ever really a chance of getting a consensu vote on day one.
Ok, I'm going to rereasd the whole day again!

...and breathe...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 15:06 
Excellent Member

Gilly wrote:

Partly, I knew there were 3 killing roles but who killed who was based on the fact that the Americans wouldn't send the Brits to kill the President so he must have been killed by the infidels. The Libyan rant thing gave them away and pigs are the big insult from a Muslim point of view so attaching the head to pig was the Afgans.

Like I said, for the first day/night it's usually a random stab in the dark. I don't think any of the bad guys need to worry about who they're hitting either do thay? As the chances of hitting a role block or IED are probably low enough not to worry about just yet. And hitting either of those tells their remaining members (if any) a lot more than what the neutrals know.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 15:07 
Excellent Member

flis wrote:
do thay?

:facepalm:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 15:13 
Ready for action

Oops, didn't realise I'd posted in the Day one thread after a few drinks the other night, sorry about that!
I forgot in all the excitement this morning, I was a bit curious about the reaction Alberto had to the end of day yesterday. the last post before the thread was locked, with a few people on two votes or so but no more and no way anyone was getting a lynch in time was Alberto posting about how we'd all find out when he was dead! Overreaction or what.
With a night like last night, I agree we can't be hanging about. I didn't realise we would be facing such a massacre today. Hopefully, the amount of different groups will work to our favour and if we want to pressure a couple of people there is less chance of a pile on and we can be a bit more measured about it. So since the only person so far who's posting has made me raise my eyebrows is Alberto
[vote:Alberto]

Sorry for the delay, been trying to get my head round some college work at the same time. Just spent about half an hour struggling with a PLC scenario and pulling my hair out when it wasn't working, only to find out the stupid practice board is gubbed :'(

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 15:15 
Ready for action

flis wrote:

Partly, I knew there were 3 killing roles but who killed who was based on the fact that the Americans wouldn't send the Brits to kill the President .

Lol, i hadn't even thought of that.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 15:20 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I'm guessing our killers went for quiet personages.

I would therefore like to sing the entire score of ... wait, if I name a musical or opera or something, you're all going to take it as a stupid roleclaim, aren't you?

Gah. Well anyway. La la la, I speak lots, la la, etc.

I've no idea who to vote for at this point. I do think a vote would be a good idea though. Gonna think about it some more.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 15:46 
Isn't that lovely?

Heads a bit fuggy at the moment, can't really remember what happened last night, throat's a bit sore too, I do remember feeling very happy though...

Malc

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 16:02 
Excellent Member

Malc wrote:
Heads a bit fuggy at the moment, can't really remember what happened last night, throat's a bit sore too, I do remember feeling very happy though...

Malc

Why feel the need to tell us that....? I believe there is absolutely no reason to get in there with a 'I was stoned' (therefore protected) claim at this stage. Especially following the death of a Dutch national last night, all you're doing is suggesting that there are more Dutch nationals left, alerting the bad guys to their continuing presence.

To what end....?

It just makes me suspect you.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 16:03 
Slightly Brackish

It does seem weird that Lacesensor was hit twice... there must be something to be seen in his Day 1 actions that I've missed. As for me over-reacting, I think Gill should know by now that I always over-react :p

And why is nikachu mourning the President's death exactly? Part of me thinks voting off people who blatantly don't understand the game is the way to go, because even if they are nice peaceful delegates they're probably just going to cock the whole thing up for us and are best gone... meh.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 16:06 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Alberto wrote:
Part of me thinks voting off people who blatantly don't understand the game is the way to go

[vote: everybody]

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 16:07 
Sleepyhead

I agree with Flis.

Malc's claim of being stoned last night (whilst not indicating there are more Dutchies - roleblocks before kills) seem to be an attempt to claim innocence since all teams got a kill in.

But it means nothing, really, since there are likely to be more than one player on most/all teams, so it doesn't indicate innocence at all!

Very suspicious.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 16:14 
Slightly Brackish

Also, what Flis said. Why jump to protest your innocence when nobody has pointed a finger at you? Makes no sense. Even if you're just being a berk, see my above post about berks doing more harm than good. Just don't get why you'd leap to make a claim like that with no prompt... to tell the truth, I hadn't even realised you were in the game :S

[vote:Malc] until he convinces me otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 16:32 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
But it means nothing, really, since there are likely to be more than one player on most/all teams, so it doesn't indicate innocence at all!

Very suspicious.

(Ooh, I hadn't fully digested the order of actions.)

Exactly. He has no reason to lie about being protected unless he's a bad guy but if he's innocent, he has no reason to say he was protected at all.

If he is a bad guy, he's either a US/UK bumboy or a Libyan. If he was Afgan, we'd have a dead Dutchie by IED splattered all over the walls.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 17:32 
Isn't that lovely?

For what it's worth I'm nothing special in the scheme of things, I haven't had too much time to join in so far, I thought I'd share with he group. Partly as an information gathering exercise, see who thinks what I did was a bad idea, and who thinks it was a good idea.

I also have a hunch (and it is just a hunch) of who I think one of the other (if there are more than 2) Dutchies is

I'm not going to say for obvious reasons...

Malc

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 18:30 
Sleepyhead

flis wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Very suspicious.

Exactly. He has no reason to lie about being protected unless he's a bad guy but if he's innocent, he has no reason to say he was protected at all.

If he is a bad guy, he's either a US/UK bumboy or a Libyan. If he was Afgan, we'd have a dead Dutchie by IED splattered all over the walls.

Huh? Not sure it works like that.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 18:33 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
flis wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Very suspicious.

What do you mean?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 18:35 
Excellent Member

Has anyone got the agenda for the next meeting? I've been busy this morning researching hotel rooms with my secretary.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 18:42 
Sleepyhead

flis wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
flis wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Very suspicious.

What do you mean?

The rules say (unless I'm reading them wrong) that the Afghan Hounds can either kill or set an IED. They appear to have knocked off the President of the US of A, so couldn't have planted an IED.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 18:49 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
flis wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
flis wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Very suspicious.

What do you mean?

The rules say (unless I'm reading them wrong) that the Afghan Hounds can either kill or set an IED. They appear to have knocked off the President of the US of A, so couldn't have planted an IED.

Ah, I read it as the 'IED will kill anyone who targets the Afgans'....I did not realise they had to set it first, in order for that to happen. Even re-reading it, it could still be construed that way, or am I just being thick....?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 19:47 
Excellent Member

I interpret it as they have to set it, and can only use it one time ever.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 20:13 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Hang on, why is everyone attacking malc for admitting he was beschmoked?

If he hadn't said anything, ten to one someone would have said that this was suspicious in a few days' time, when we're discussing whether or not people should come forward if they've been targeted.

If he were a villain, it would surely be in his best interests to keep quiet if he were targeted? That way the Dutch could only out him by exposing themselves (ooh er).

I am unsure of what to make of this.

For now, simply because of protesting too much about not understanding, [vote: bobbyaro].

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 20:19 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

I tend to agree more with Sinister's view on Malc's admission to being a dope addict rather than the gah! he must be evil, i don't see how him admitting it helps us but all information is good.(assuming it isn't a lie..now i am confusing myself :DD)

As to who to vote for today, i am not sure yet, will sleep on it and read through yesterday and today again in the morning over a coffee, my bump of trouble is itching though.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 21:04 

Alarm wrote:
Has anyone got the agenda for the next meeting? I've been busy this morning researching hotel rooms with my secretary.

Getting bust with the secretary then :)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:40 
Alarm wrote:
I interpret it as they have to set it, and can only use it one time ever.

This is how I interpret it as.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:48 
Best
Board Mother

I've had a read through yesterday and can't see anything from their posts that suggested whose side they were on. Also, neither of them voted for anyone.

Umm...

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:56 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Could it just have been a lucky guess?

On day one we did not have anything to go on to vote someone off the council, so the 'bad guys' would have little knowledge as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:03 
Best
Board Mother

I was looking for something in their posts, but couldn't see anything. So yeah, I think it was just a lucky guess.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:23 
Excellent Member

gospvg wrote:
Alarm wrote:

Getting bust with the secretary then :)

Yes, we ordered some melons on room service. At least I think they were melons.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:24 
Excellent Member

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I was looking for something in their posts, but couldn't see anything. So yeah, I think it was just a lucky guess.

I concur.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:27 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Yes, nothing jumps out does it? right am coffee'd up and going to have a proper re-read, expect a rambling post soon :)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:14 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Saying I don't understand too much, I have barely posted today, seems a strange reason to vote for me. I realise we all have to vote, but, just seems a bit of a none reason. Furthermore, I haven't been claiming I don't understand the rules, I have been claiming, I don't know who to vote for.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next