Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ] 
 Post subject: MafPaz: Day 5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 17:44 
Unpossible!

A tense township face the grim dawn once again. It doesn't take long to discover the events of the previous evening.

A large figure lies, half buried in a hurried grave, face purple from strangulation, skin raw from the lime roughly scattered there upon. The instrument of the figure's death, a length of piano wire, is carelessly tossed next to the corpse.

Grim... was the Paranoid Doctor

[playerlist]
LaceSensor
Alarm
Bobbyaro
Flis
Christine
Trooper
gospvg
Joans
Sinister Agent
Goddess Jasmine
Gilly
Mr Dave
[/playerlist]

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

Link to Ruleset: viewtopic.php?p=538606#p538606

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, and 9 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Day 5 ends officially at 11am on Tuesday. If we go that long.

Post subject: Re: MafPaz: Day 5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 17:44 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Yes, so...[vote:trooper]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 17:49 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Oh - I guess if the mafia targetted Trooper for a kill on that night and it failed, they would know that he was protected, so they might not necessarily be in cahoots. Still, it's a better lead than any other that we have.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 17:51 
ugvm'er at heart...

Well...

Yay for the town!

Well played to Curio for guessing I was protected!

I am a townie, as you will no doubt see very soon, so for future reference my FOS is pointing at LaceSensor and Sinister at the moment.

Oh, and Grim protected me last night, cheers dude, at least someone believed in me...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 17:53 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

:DD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 17:54 

[vote:trooper]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 17:57 
ugvm'er at heart...

Oh, if you wanted to keep me alive, there are two good reasons to.

Firstly, I am a Townie, I've said from my very first post. I should have stuck with my first intuition as kept with Grim as the doc, as I mentioned, but Curio's "evidence' was just too good for me to ignore. So if you trust that at all, then lynch someone else, as offing me will only do the town more harm.
Secondly, if you think I'm mafia, then what harm is there in keeping me around? The mafia can only make one action a night, and we need all the lynches we can get to save the town, so lynching me just wastes one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 17:59 
ugvm'er at heart...

gospvg wrote:

:(

I spent the night in my house (No.1 Town Street, as mentioned on my business card, remember that?) carving this, please do the honourable thing when you are crying over my dead body...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:07 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Trooper wrote:
Well...

Yay for the town!

Well played to Curio for guessing I was protected!

I am a townie, as you will no doubt see very soon, so for future reference my FOS is pointing at LaceSensor and Sinister at the moment.

Oh, and Grim protected me last night, cheers dude, at least someone believed in me...

Sorry, what? What exactly did I do that's so suspicious? I voted for the same person you did, largely for the same reasons. Don't even try dragging me down with you; I'll have nothing to do with whatever you're scheming.

I can't imagine why Grim would have targeted you, unless it was because he thought you were mafia and so wanted to roleblock, not protect. You were a suspect yesterday - just look at the voting today already - so the last people the mafia would have wanted to kill.

Waiting for more input from other players before I very probably vote Trooper.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:10 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Trooper wrote:
Secondly, if you think I'm mafia, then what harm is there in keeping me around? The mafia can only make one action a night, and we need all the lynches we can get to save the town, so lynching me just wastes one.

Okay, on reflection, that seals it. [vote: trooper]. "Even if I'm mafia, you should keep me around"? Come on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:11 
ugvm'er at heart...

sinister agent wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Okay, on reflection, that seals it. [vote: trooper]. "Even if I'm mafia, you should keep me around"? Come on.

It's perfectly valid logic.

Once it is shown i'm a townie, then FOS should fall on you for that...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:16 
Peculiar, yet lovely

How is keeping a suspected mafia person alive sound logic? How in seven hells is that logical? Why should my pointing out a completely belming, desperate statement like that be suspicious, especially given that it follows you accusing me for no reason at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:21 
ugvm'er at heart...

sinister agent wrote:
no reason at all.

Apart from you being the other person gunning for a Joans kill? That's a perfectly valid reason after the outcome of yesterday and last night.
I know why I was pushing hard, because Curio guessed right, you didn't know that, yet you were pushing equally hard, if not harder, for a person we can safely assume is a Townie.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:24 
Excellent Member

Well seeing as Grim... was correct about Curio, I am wondering whether he intended to protect Trooper, or stop him doing Mafia work.

For now I am not sure enough to put my vote in. Id like to hear some other opinions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:30 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Trooper wrote:
sinister agent wrote:
no reason at all.

Apart from you being the other person gunning for a Joans kill? That's a perfectly valid reason after the outcome of yesterday and last night.
I know why I was pushing hard, because Curio guessed right,

I explained several times why I voted for Joans, and in fact I stand by that decision - it was the safest thing to do with the conflicting information we had. We got very lucky that Curio was the liar and not Grim, or we'd have lynched our only power role.

Quote:
you didn't know that,

Um, yes I did. You told everyone. I believed you, because it seemed more likely than not. The only reason you would admit it is if it was true, or you were mafia too. Joans, meanwhile, denied it. A townie wouldn't lie, so I pushed for joans because it was safer than risking a lynch on the doctor - which you yourself agreed on

Quote:
yet you were pushing equally hard, if not harder, for a person we can safely assume is a Townie.

We can safely assume he's a townie NOW. We couldn't yesterday. This is ridiculously clear.

Two possibilities:

1) Curio knew you were innocent but guessed on who was protected on night two.

2) Curio knew you were mafia and you played along.

I would personally be far more suspicious of the people throwing dodgy information around yesterday even though the situation and options had been explained pretty clearly. But most of all, I'm suspicious of you, because it's far more likely that you're mafia than that curio happened to gues right, and because this line of accusation against me is just ridiculously unfounded.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:35 
Ready for action

Wow, missed an exciting day in the town because I was posting letters of complaint to the mayor about all these mafia types. Then I was down the womens institute hosting a bake sale, but no one turned up. I'm guessing it was because of all the arguing and lynching you other townies were doing? Anyway, I have plenty of cakes left and have set them up in my kitchen so if you all want to come round for a cup of tea and a scone while we sort this out you're very welcome. Just take your shoes off at the door and don't mind the cats.
I have to say, that since Mr townie Trooper said he saw the doctor on night two and the Mafia Don knew that, with no information to help him guess it then I can only assume Mr Mafia Don and Mr Townie Trooper are closer than we realised. So I think I'd rather we got rid of this Mr Townie Trooper, it is our best guess and anyone else would be a shot in the dark. I suppose there is a chance it may have been luck but it would be daft to just let it go.
[vote:Trooper]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:35 
Paws for thought

Personally, I see little reason to do anything other than to Vote for Mr Russell.

Or his lover, Gospvg.

But I could be pursuaded to vote for the mafia floavour of the month, if someone can summarise quite what happened yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:46 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Mr Dave wrote:
Personally, I see little reason to do anything other than to Vote for Mr Russell.

Or his lover, Gospvg.

But I could be pursuaded to vote for the mafia floavour of the month, if someone can summarise quite what happened yesterday.

Grim pointed a worryingly doctor-like finger at Curio. Curio then claimed as the doctor. Grim counterclaimed. We asked who they blocked/protected, and found out that people visited by the doc are informed of it.

Curio said he blocked kalmar, Trooper, and Joans.

Trooper said he was visited on that night. Joans said he wasn't.

Grim said he blocked kalmar, then Trooper, then Curio.

Many people voted for Curio because, basically, he was first on the block and people are like that, plus he has a history of panicky fake roleclaims. Grim was apparently deemed more believable than Curio.

Curio, Trooper and I voted for Joans, reasoning that it was safer than the 50-50 chance between Grim and Curio of killing the doctor (or in Curio's case, because he was innocent and it's all the same to the mafia).

Others, bizarrely, tried to push for a vote on trooper. This didn't go anywhere, but was absurd yesterday given that it was more likely that Joans was lying than that Trooper was mafia.

However, with Curio's death, we know that Joans is quite likely to be innocent, as were he mafia, he would likely have played along with Curio.

Thus, Trooper is the only thing we have resembling a suspect, because either Curio correctly guessed by chance that the doctor blocked him on night two, or because he's mafia and he and Curio were trying to scam us.

Dave came in and voted, presumably at random.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:55 

I'm a bit torn really, it's blatantly obvious that Trooper is mafia, but if he is, then the whole thing about yesterday seems stupid because it exposed two mafia.
Basically, the only way Curiosity could have known Trooper was protected/roleblocked is if Trooper told him, because they're both in the mafia. There is the slim chance that Curiosity guessed correctly.
As the game goes on, we're going to have fewer people to suspect, and I can't see the mafia getting rid of Trooper because the fewer people there are remaining, the more likely we are to lynch him (or of course, he's mafia so they definitely won't get rid of him).
So, [vote:Trooper], because if we don't do it now, we might regret it later.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:55 

Trooper wrote:
gospvg wrote:

I spent the night in my house (No.1 Town Street, as mentioned on my business card, remember that?) carving this, please do the honourable thing when you are crying over my dead body...

Too late I said I would vote for if Curio was not the doctor. Thus I think you are a henchman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:56 

Christine wrote:
Oh - I guess if the mafia targetted Trooper for a kill on that night and it failed, they would know that he was protected, so they might not necessarily be in cahoots. Still, it's a better lead than any other that we have.

The mafia killed on the night Trooper was protected, that was his whole argument for how he couldn't be mafia (although it could just mean a different goon did the killing).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:58 

Mr Dave wrote:

Or his lover, Gospvg.

LOL

Why change the habit of a lifetime. Vote for me & then continue to sit in the corner.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 18:59 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Joans wrote:
Christine wrote:

The mafia killed on the night Trooper was protected, that was his whole argument for how he couldn't be mafia (although it could just mean a different goon did the killing).

Clearly, Nikachu's death meant nothing to you, Christine :'(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 19:00 

Joans is a townie I feel.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 19:04 
ugvm'er at heart...

Joans is absolutely a townie.

So am I, hopefully my death will tell the town something, might be best to try and work that out now while i'm still alive, assuming I am telling the truth.

Trooper wrote:
gospvg wrote:

I'm not going to waste any tears over a henchman. Just a shame we had to lose the doctor it's now the town vs you henchman.

ugvm'er at heart...

Joans wrote:
Christine wrote:

And it is now twice that I have been protected and the mafia have still acted.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 19:06 

Trooper wrote:

So am I, hopefully my death will tell the town something, might be best to try and work that out now while i'm still alive, assuming I am telling the truth.

Funny how you were so adamant that Curio was the doctor & now your head is in the blocks you are squirming.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 19:24 
ugvm'er at heart...

gospvg wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Funny how you were so adamant that Curio was the doctor & now your head is in the blocks you are squirming.

Hardly squirming, just trying to do all I can to help the town.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 19:35 
Paws for thought

gospvg wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Or his lover, Gospvg.

LOL

Why change the habit of a lifetime. Vote for me & then continue to sit in the corner.

I don't like your casualness

[vote: gospvg]

Mr Russell should feel lucky I'm not voting for him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 19:41 

Mr Dave wrote:
gospvg wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Or his lover, Gospvg.

LOL

I don't like your casualness

[vote: gospvg]

Mr Russell should feel lucky I'm not voting for him.

I don't see why you are in the game you have not made a useful post or vote. Now go back to your corner.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 19:43 
Excellent Member

can we get a vote update, and add [vote: trooper] to it.

If he is a townie, then Grim... was either right to *protect* or wrong to *block* with his last night action.
But seeing as Grim... has given us the best lead in previous days, and something to go on here, 50:50 it is.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 19:45 
Best
Board Mother

For all we know Joans and Trooper are both Mafia, the 'I wasn't visited' could have been a clever ploy.

2-3 Mafia goons, Trooper, Craster and Joans?

I don't know. ?:|

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 19:46 
Best
Board Mother

MafPaz: Day 5
VOTE UPDATE

gospvg: 1 (Mr Dave)
trooper: 6 (Christine, gospvg, sinister agent, Gilly, Joans, LaceSensor)

Not voted: 5 (alarm, bobbyaro, flis, trooper, goddess jasmine)

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, and 9 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 20:00 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
For all we know Joans and Trooper are both Mafia, the 'I wasn't visited' could have been a clever ploy.

2-3 Mafia goons, Trooper, Craster and Joans?

I don't know. ?:|

Could be but I think Trooper siding with Curio gives the impression of him being a henchman for sure. Joans I think is a townie.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 20:03 

It's the quiet ones that we have to be careful off.
The ones like Mr Dave who only post once a day to vote for me - doh!!

But I don't think he is Mafia because he is constantly voting for me - why not just top me off.

But not sure on
Alarm
Bobbyaro
Flis
Gilly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 20:05 
Best
Board Mother

Alarm - dunno
Bobby - has been quiet in general
Flis - also been rather quiet in general
Gilly - isn't she still waiting for her internet to be sorted?

I need to read back before I can make any real comments about anybody.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 20:06 
Best
Board Mother

Quick rule clarification question, if the Don is taken someone else become the Don correct? So can the stranger still target the replacement Don?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 20:08 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Mm. I was a little wary of Bobby the other day, too, but that was partly because I thought Gilly might be the doc. I dunno, Alarm has contributed a fair bit, I thought. Really not sure about anything beyond Trooper. I'd probably support a push for a quiet one, though.

It's true that Joans could be another goon... but a huge gamble for the mafia to out most of, if not all, their team. I don't think it's likely, and his posts haven't struck me as strange.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 20:09 
Unpossible!

The Stranger's intent is to take over the Mafia, even if there's only a single Mafioso left

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 20:11 

sinister agent wrote:
Mm. I was a little wary of Bobby the other day, too, but that was partly because I thought Gilly might be the doc. I dunno, Alarm has contributed a fair bit, I thought. Really not sure about anything beyond Trooper. I'd probably support a push for a quiet one, though.

It's true that Joans could be another goon... but a huge gamble for the mafia to out most of, if not all, their team. I don't think it's likely, and his posts haven't struck me as strange.

No I think Joans is a townie, he has been quite vocal this morning in defending himself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 21:03 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

sinister agent wrote:

Others, bizarrely, tried to push for a vote on trooper. This didn't go anywhere, but was absurd yesterday given that it was more likely that Joans was lying than that Trooper was mafia.

Aaaah that be a nice summary, however can you explaaaaaain your thinking here?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 23:11 
Excellent Member

I still have my suspicions about gospvg, but to get the day over with, [vote:Trooper]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:22 
Unpossible!

Another rope. Another neck. This time justice comes swift. The next victim is calmly walked to the tree with barely a struggle, his affairs in order. A resigned look is in his eyes as the sparkle goes out. As his hands go slack, something falls to the ground. A business card.

Trooper was a Townie.

Night actions to me by 10:30 if you could please.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]