Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Superscum 2 : Day 2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 15:56 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Slightly Green wrote:
conjugal visit

NO TOUCHING.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 15:59 

Trooper wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
I HAVE JUST POSTED IN THE JAIL THREAD.

WHAT DO WE PAY YOU MODS FOR?!

Are you the only one who can, can anybody else?
Shout if you can!

As I just posted in the jail thread, while I can't see it, I can see the post that Russ made (and presumably Slightly Green's as well, and can get into the thread that way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 16:10 
Awesome
Yes

Maybe I'm an admin now?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 16:46 
ugvm'er at heart...

I have pinged Cras... Jesus, hopefully he can fix it.

Please carry on regardless and avoid tunneling into the jail through the Rita Hayworth poster, if at all possible.

Please keep your hands inside this thread at all times.

No heavy petting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 16:47 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
pinged

WHO FUCKING CARES ABOUT HIS ROUND-TRIP TIME ARRRRGH FUCK!

/pet hate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 16:50 
Awesome
Yes

Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:
pinged

WHO FUCKING CARES ABOUT HIS ROUND-TRIP TIME ARRRRGH FUCK!

/pet hate

Pinged, but no pong.

Well....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 16:53 
baron of techno

tracert Grim...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 16:57 
Unpossible!

*checks string on cups*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 16:58 
baron of techno

Get your hands off my cups! Dirty toucher.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:02 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Screw it. [vote: davpaz]

Banking on someone's having investigated him and found guiltyingness.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:05 
Peculiar, yet lovely

arrgh.

[vote:unvote]

No. Bad agent. Don't vote to hurry things through boredom. I'ma wait till I get home and can see who's been all quiet, like. There's always a quiet bad'un.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:06 
Excellent Member

Joans wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
I HAVE JUST POSTED IN THE JAIL THREAD.

WHAT DO WE PAY YOU MODS FOR?!

Are you the only one who can, can anybody else?
Shout if you can!

As I just posted in the jail thread, while I can't see it, I can see the post that Russ made (and presumably Slightly Green's as well, and can get into the thread that way.

As have/can I.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:08 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Will everyone just fu*k off and leave me alone in my cell please, either that or at least bring me some tools to help a innocent lad get out.

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:10 
Excellent Member

sinister agent wrote:
[vote: Jon.J]

Lots of noise, little signal. Pretending to not understand why an early roleclaim is a Bad Idea in a game with three evil killing roles is more than a little silly.

Somewhat suspicious of Davpaz, but I don't want to tip a lynch on him so early as we had a whole day to go, and also I suspect he only started voting for me because it's quite funny watching me spaz out.

Where did I say I thought an early roleclaim was a Good Idea? I merely suggested we talk about it, not that we do it. It was early day 1 and I wanted to spark some conversation. And while we do have 3 evil kill roles we also technically have 3 good protecting roles - Superman, Batman and policeman [would protect as arresting comes before kills].

I'm really not sure what you mean by "Banking on someone's having investigated him and found guiltyingness.", are you looking for someone to come out and say that they investigated davpaz?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:11 
Unpossible!

I know that I'm a goodie, if that helps

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:12 
Excellent Member

I can get to the Jail thread as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:12 
baron of techno

I'm probably more suspicious of gospvg to be honest. He's been playing the "I'm a clueless n00b" card a bit too much.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:17 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Jon.J wrote:
sinister agent wrote:
[vote: Jon.J]

Lots of noise, little signal. Pretending to not understand why an early roleclaim is a Bad Idea in a game with three evil killing roles is more than a little silly.

Somewhat suspicious of Davpaz, but I don't want to tip a lynch on him so early as we had a whole day to go, and also I suspect he only started voting for me because it's quite funny watching me spaz out.

Where did I say I thought an early roleclaim was a Good Idea? I merely suggested we talk about it, not that we do it.

You've made it pretty clear that there's no reason not to roleclaim. Which there clearly is.

Quote:
It was early day 1 and I wanted to spark some conversation.

I'm talking about today.

Quote:
And while we do have 3 evil kill roles we also technically have 3 good protecting roles - Superman, Batman and policeman [would protect as arresting comes before kills].

Arresting people renders them powerless. We don't want good people arrested - even if they're innocent, that means it's more likely that the villains will attack a power role instead.

Quote:
I'm really not sure what you mean by "Banking on someone's having investigated him and found guiltyingness.", are you looking for someone to come out and say that they investigated davpaz?

No. If I wanted someone to roleclaim I would say that. I would then slam my head in the fridge for suggesting such a stupid thing.

I meant that I voted for Davpaz banking on the possibility that the reason there's been a sudden drive to lynch him is that someone investigated him last night and found guilt, therefore kicked off or encouraged votes for him. I reconsidered because jumping on the bandwagon out of boredom is usually a bad idea, and in keeping with my earlier comments, I want to see who's been very quiet, because if anyone's been very quiet, the villains will probably off them like they did with the quiet people yesterday. Which gives us nothing to go on, so is Bad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:19 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Oh, and also I forgot:

Quote:
And while we do have 3 evil kill roles we also technically have 3 good protecting roles - Superman, Batman and policeman [would protect as arresting comes before kills].

Forcing all of our power roles to protect random innocents every night renders them practically worthless. This is a terrible strategy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

sinister agent wrote:
Oh, and also I forgot:

Quote:

Forcing all of our power roles to protect random innocents every night renders them practically worthless. This is a terrible strategy.

And yet you started yesterday by saying "Good guys, please protect me!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:28 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Key word: "Random".

Move on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:28 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Joans wrote:

FFS. Who tries to get into jail?!

Should be fixed now. I've said that a lot recently.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:31 

kalmar wrote:
I'm probably more suspicious of gospvg to be honest. He's been playing the "I'm a clueless n00b" card a bit too much.

Um this is after all only my second game, I think that still classes me as the noob.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:32 
baron of techno

(jail admin chat)
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I think I've just fixed it too!
"Registered users" had "can see forum" = yes for Jail forum.
I've taken a screengrab of what I changed just incase I've fucked the entire forum.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:32 

kalmar wrote:

Also I've not said anywhere I'm a noob in this game?
Have I?

I understand the game much better from the previous game played ... i think

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:33 
Excellent Member

Quote:
You've made it pretty clear that there's no reason not to roleclaim. Which there clearly is.

Eh? Double negative here is confusing, are you saying that I've made it clear that there is a reason to roleclaim? Because yeah, I'd agree with that, there is always a good time to roleclaim.

Quote:
Quote:
It was early day 1 and I wanted to spark some conversation.

I'm talking about today.

I don't have problems with people roleclaiming on day 2 if it's helps us find evil people.

Quote:
Quote:

Arresting people renders them powerless. We don't want good people arrested - even if they're innocent, that means it's more likely that the villains will attack a power role instead.

To say that it is more likely the the villains will attack a power role if innocents get arrested is scaremongering worthy of the Daily Fail. Yes, having one less person to kill increases the chances of other people getting killed, the evil side do not become guaranteed to kill a power role. The evil killers can't talk to each other, they could even kill each other.

Quote:
Quote:

No. If I wanted someone to roleclaim I would say that. I would then slam my head in the fridge for suggesting such a stupid thing.

I meant that I voted for Davpaz banking on the possibility that the reason there's been a sudden drive to lynch him is that someone investigated him last night and found guilt, therefore kicked off or encouraged votes for him. I reconsidered because jumping on the bandwagon out of boredom is usually a bad idea, and in keeping with my earlier comments, I want to see who's been very quiet, because if anyone's been very quiet, the villains will probably off them like they did with the quiet people yesterday. Which gives us nothing to go on, so is Bad.
That I can agree with.

Quote:
Where did I say they should protect random innocents? Don't go putting words into my mouth.

Mods: You did good, I can't get there any more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:35 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

kalmar wrote:
(jail admin chat)
I've taken a screengrab of what I changed just incase I've fucked the entire forum.

The spec I was given required Registered Users to be able to see the Jail. That's why I've gone with setting the villagers group to "Never" instead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:37 
Sleepyhead

I note that gazchap has been suspiciously quiet...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:39 

Craster wrote:
kalmar wrote:
(jail admin chat)

The spec I was given required Registered Users to be able to see the Jail. That's why I've gone with setting the villagers group to "Never" instead.

Seems to work ok now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:46 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Jon.J wrote:
Quote:

Eh? Double negative here is confusing, are you saying that I've made it clear that there is a reason to roleclaim? Because yeah, I'd agree with that, there is always a good time to roleclaim.

You have repeatedly asked why people shouldn't roleclaim, implying (and I think outright saying) that there's no reason for good people not to. There clearly is at least one very good reason not to roleclaim: it makes them a target. There are more reasons, but everyone knows them, I don't have to explain this.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

To say that it is more likely the the villains will attack a power role if innocents get arrested is scaremongering worthy of the Daily Fail.

What? It's basic statistics. e.g:5 people out of jail = 5 targets, 2 of which are heroes. 3 people out of jail = 3 targets, 2 of which are heroes. It's a basic logical deduction, and calling it scaremongering is absurd.

Quote:
Yes, having one less person to kill increases the chances of other people getting killed, the evil side do not become guaranteed to kill a power role. The evil killers can't talk to each other, they could even kill each other.

The fewer targets the villains have, the more likely it is they will hit one of our heroes. Yes, they might accidentally hit each other, but relying on this is insane. Plus the more people arrested, the more likely that the jailor will be hit, which would undo all the arrests anyway. Having everyone roleclaim, then arrest all the good people and hope the bad people kill each other off before they kill our heroes is face-eating mentalness.

Quote:
Quote:
Where did I say they should protect random innocents? Don't go putting words into my mouth.

Um. Here:

Quote:

While we're discussing having random people claim they're good, you suggest that having all of our power roles tied up in protecting people will make this a good idea. It's not.

I'm done with this. Either you're innocent and clueless, or you're trying to distract people from the nearly-lynched Davpaz by trolling me because I voted for you and you know how people will pile onto anyone talkative.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:46 
ugvm'er at heart...

Craster wrote:
kalmar wrote:
(jail admin chat)

indeed, the non-players wanted to see the jail thread too, which didn't seem an unreasonable request... at the time :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:47 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Argh, cocks. I screwed up my quoting in my last post, sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 18:22 
Excellent Member

Quote:
Um. Here:

Quote:

Then you entirely misunderstood me. I was trying to outline that us having 3 evil killing roles should not be used as a reason to not claim.

Quote:
The fewer targets the villains have, the more likely it is they will hit one of our heroes. Yes, they might accidentally hit each other, but relying on this is insane
I'm not saying we rely on it, I'm saying it could happen.

I couldn't care less that you voted for me. The whole "Don't ask me questions, move on" rubs me the wrong way and I think it's a terrible way to play. Everyone should be willing to be asked on anything. Either don't bring stuff up in the first place or answer the questions put to you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 18:23 
Excellent Member

Oh and before anyone suggests it, I am not advocating that we all claim now. I'm just saying that people should not be afraid to claim if they feel they need to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 18:29 
Unpossible!

Jon j has no reason to protect me from a lynch, unless he knows something I don't. Please tldo protect though. I'd rather not be lynched if it's all the same

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 18:37 
Awesome
Yes

[vote:davpaz]
I'm willing to take the risk.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 18:59 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Superscum 2 : Day 2

VOTE UPDATE

goddess jasmine: 1 (Curiosity)
sinister agent: 3 (Jon.J, Slightly Green, DavPaz)
davpaz: 8 (Grim..., Bobbyaro, kalmar, flis, KovacsC, Alarm, gospvg, Mr Russell)

Not voted: 5 (craster, gazchap, goddess jasmine, joans, sinister agent)

With 17 players alive, 9 votes are required for a lynch, and 13 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 19:02 
Sleepyhead

Hmmm... tempting.

I'm still wary of the quiet ones though, such as gazchap.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 19:03 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Fair enough. I realised not long after posting (but was at/coming from work, sorry) that I was being shouty and unpleasant again earlier. Sorry about that, it's not called for.

And yeah, I meant to add that my silly false dichotomy wasn't fair, either. It's just as likely that we simply misunderstood one another.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 19:08 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Erk. One vote from a lynch. In case the day ends before I can post more (am looking back over threads) I'm still not sure we should be disregarding the many quiet people.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 19:16 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Mr Russell wrote:
I'm willing to take the risk.

okay, I know I voted, but what is this??? Why are you voting for him? Very VERY suss Mr R.

[fos:Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 19:18 
Sleepyhead

Oh fuck it, I'm bored.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 19:20 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

VOTE UPDATE

sinister agent: 3 (Jon.J, Slightly Green, DavPaz)
davpaz: 9 (Grim..., Bobbyaro, kalmar, flis, KovacsC, Alarm, Curiosity, gospvg, Mr Russell)

Not voted: 5 (craster, gazchap, goddess jasmine, joans, sinister agent)

With 17 players alive, 9 votes are required for a lynch, and 13 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Thats it i think

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 19:25 
ugvm'er at heart...

With one final vote, the throng drag DavPaz to the nearest tree and pull out the... kryptonite rope!

Oh no!

Oh, that's ok, turns out a normal rope would have worked just as well.
DavPaz was a Henchman

Night actions to me by 10am tomorrow please.
Day 3 is likely to be super long however and not finish till Monday 2pm regardless, as i'm away from Friday morning till Sunday, sorry people!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4