Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Scum Wars Post-Mortem
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 23:23 
Excellent Member

sinister agent wrote:
Well played everyone, especially Trooper! Brilliant roleclaiming by Gilly there, too.

I'ma catch up on this thread, but first, I feel I owe Flis, Gilly and Zaphod an apology, as I was needlessly SHOUTY AND RUDE with my arguing on my last day. I hope I didn't bother anyone.

Right, catching up now.

Not at all, the reasoning/logic was flawed and I did go into it half cocked :) I wasn't intending to be "The Worst Jedi Ever"....And you were bad, and the rebels won in the end. So shut yer face! Nerrr!! :p

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
:kiss: :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 23:33 
Master of dodgy spelling....

I was just awful at kidnapping. I tried Grim, lacesensor and Gill before i nailed two. :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 23:40 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

KovacsC wrote:
I was just awful at kidnapping. I tried Grim, lacesensor and Gill before i nailed two. :(

We thought you'd gone for Lace at least , since you kept up your vocal distrust of him even after everyone else seemed to accept he was Jedi and leave him alone.
(and if you were another role that would have been good - 3 power characters).

I'm interested to know who Jabba suicided on , me or Gilly ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 23:54 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Curiosity wrote:
On Night One:
Empire tried to kill Mr Russ (aka Stormtroper Heads)
Empire used Sinister to do this (I flipped and got tails)
Empire Sith Gripped Yoda, so he found nothing out
Luke attacked the Emperor, which was deflected on the toss of a coin to Sinister, who was already being protected.
R2 tried to investigate Sinister, but he was being Ackbarred and so couldn't find anything out
The Jawa also went for Sinister Agent, but was foiled by Ackbar
Boba went for Yoda, and so he also failed.

So at the end of Night One, everyone had failed their night actions and nobody knew anything particularly useful.

Which amused me greatly.

Ahahaha, you tried to use me to kill russ on night one? That's hilarious :facepalm:

Cheers Dav! I thought being blocked was just a huge bother, not a lifesaver and investigate-o-block. You kept us from wiping out all our stormies on the first night :D

And I thought I'd finally escaped the curse of the day one death :(

I do think Grim has a point about the Jedi, though - their combination of skills is bloody powerful, the only way a game won't end in an invincible roleclaim is if Obi Wan dies early on. Maybe Yoda's investigate power should be given to the Sith? Or the Jedi with investigate should also have roleblock or kill, so both can't be used?

Quote:
Stupid Lando was supposed to betray Han too. Boo Lando!

Maybe the Lando person should be able to speak to a sith player AND a rebel player? If not, it might make it a ahrder choice for Lando if he could speak to more than bobba fett - fett has a different priority, and being able to talk to two rebels is better than talking to one sith.

Malc's idea is a good one - maybe Lando could switch back and forth? Or be given the choice at an unknown point in the game? Perhaps the opposite team could PM Curio on a given night, and that could be passed on to Lando for him to decide?

Gilly wrote:
Most stressful game. EVER.

:this:

You had powers and people to talk to. All I had was my violin.

DavPaz wrote:
Paranoid? PARANOID!

Imagine being *forced* to reveal your role to someone *every night*.

I was considering just blocking SA every night just to minimise exposure.

*narrows eyes*

I was paranoid you'd do this, as you'd then have me pegged as ST or (more likely) Palpatine. I assumed that when there was no attempt at a Sith kill for a few nights, they were scared of hitting their own again, as they'd have known they only had one left.

Grim... wrote:
Unless I'm going blind, no you didn't.

Also, and this is nothing to do with this game specifically, but we need to figure out a mechanism for making people want to talk.
While I understand people can't be online all the time, the way I avoided being lynched on day (whatever) is simply because I shut the fuck up and didn't say a word.

:this: I knew I was doomed when I'd been so vocal on one day (so compounded it further), but there were about six players who I honestly forgot were even in the game. That's one reason I picked on Gos (sorry, I'm sorry, I was playing evil, ok?), but I couldn't do that every day or it'd look well dodgy.

Grim... wrote:
What was the thinking behind asking about two people each time?

:this:

The madness of this was a major reason I genuinely thought Flis was faking, and got so pissy with the Jedi the next day.

zaphod wrote:
Because of the err 'twisted' logic being employed at other points and the fact that people were rather forcefully saying what they would be asking as well (i'd have to go back and check but SA i think and Malc - all this "is X han" which sounds like a rubbish question to me)

That's the opposite of what I was saying. Flis had made it sound in her first claim posts like you'd asked two questions a night, which isn't possible (hence extremely suspicious). Then she said you knew who han was, and I pointed out that the only way you could know this was is you asked "is X Han?", which is a terrible strategy as (a) who cares who Han is? and (b) It would take about 200 questions before you had half a chance of finding half the Sith.

The only sane question to ask is "Is [X] a rebel?". If so, they're a mate. If not, chop. No doubts, no confusion, no follow-up questions needed.

Also I call foul on my having "faith in the dark side". s'just a job, like. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:08 
Master of dodgy spelling....

zaphod79 wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

We thought you'd gone for Lace at least , since you kept up your vocal distrust of him even after everyone else seemed to accept he was Jedi and leave him alone.
(and if you were another role that would have been good - 3 power characters).

I'm interested to know who Jabba suicided on , me or Gilly ?

I did not like the way he popped up and voted, then went :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:13 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

sinister agent wrote:
I do think Grim has a point about the Jedi, though - their combination of skills is bloody powerful, the only way a game won't end in an invincible roleclaim is if Obi Wan dies early on. Maybe Yoda's investigate power should be given to the Sith? Or the Jedi with investigate should also have roleblock or kill, so both can't be used?

Just stop them from being able to communicate - that's what makes them so powerful. A combination of Yoda investigating with Obi-wan protecting, and Luke being the 'voice' while Akbar protects him would make them pretty close to indestructible, but if they had to do the talking during the day the Sith would see who Yoda was and, like Curio says, roleblock away.

Not that we ever run games twice ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:15 
Sleepyhead

Grim... wrote:
Not that we ever run games twice ;)

Well, no, but we often take roles and/or situations from one game and whack 'em into another, so it's always good to see how things could be improved.

:D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 18:31 
Awesome
Yes

If you read the mafia rules there's an amazing wealth of roles that we still have yet to use in any game.

They become mighty complicated, naturally, but they look exciting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 18:35 
ugvm'er at heart...

Can we unlock the upcoming games thread again? Work is slow at the moment, I have a game i'd like to run at some point, the timing seems impeccable. The game needs some feedback before it gets played though as it makes my head hurt...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 18:47 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Yaarp.

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3