Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Day five
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 13:52 
Master of dodgy spelling....

I can see Malcs point.

If we have another cop left they should investigate Flis, or Davpaz or oneof the quiet ones!!

I don't think we will have many days left..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 13:53 
Isn't that lovely?

KovacsC wrote:
I can see Malcs point.

If we have another cop left they should investigate Flis, or Davpaz or oneof the quiet ones!!

The other cop is surely the rubbish one, the one that thinks everyone is townie?

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 13:55 
Isn't that lovely?

Shit, now I don't know if that was Kovacs being rubbish, or another deliberate ploy!

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 13:55 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

KovacsC wrote:
I can see Malcs point.

I also see Malcs point about trying to look ignorant to hide

[vote:malc]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 13:58 
Unpossible!

Ah, right, cheers for the explanation Malc, you manly man, you.

No deliberate fudging, just me being a huge thicko. Not a useful attribute, to be sure :)

For what it's worth, I'm a townie. Your logic and frankly ballsy tactics have won me over, so I reckon you're a goody. And on that note... [vote:flis]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:00 
Isn't that lovely?

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
I can see Malcs point.

So you think I am playing some sort of elaborate bluff where I explain what I am doing by accusing someone else of doing the same thing?

It's the sort of thing I might do, but I'm not doing it here.

I am a Male townie, and I'm sure we're getting pretty close to the tipping point, so I'd make pretty sure you want me to go before voting for me.

We do have 22 hours (or more likely 4-5 hours today and 2 hours in the morning) before a decision is made, so at least consider that when making your mind up.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:02 
Isn't that lovely?

Also it's almost the end of my lunch hour, so posting from now on is going to be hard, I will try and keep an eye on the thread, but all I've said is all I really have at the moment.

If I had the time I might go back through the other days, and spot patterns, but alas I don't.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:07 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Malc wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
I can see Malcs point.

So you think I am playing some sort of elaborate bluff where I explain what I am doing by accusing someone else of doing the same thing?

It's the sort of thing I might do, but I'm not doing it here.

I am a Male townie, and I'm sure we're getting pretty close to the tipping point, so I'd make pretty sure you want me to go before voting for me.

We do have 22 hours (or more likely 4-5 hours today and 2 hours in the morning) before a decision is made, so at least consider that when making your mind up.

Malc

Interesting. We're potentially nowhere near tipping point. We could have only one Mafia and one SK. They could potentially hit each other on the same night. They could also hit the gun owner which is why I think the Mafia chose to recruit a pro last night rather than kill. They don't know who that is, and at this point they don't want to take the risk - with a prostitute they can send them in to establish whether it is the gun owner before taking a hit. No need to kill the townies off quickly if they don't think they are under suspicion. Hence, I think you argument to 'think hard' is flawed, as we could afford to lose a townie, we caught a break last night in only losing Kalmar.

I simply do not buy the fact that your actions are that of a townie, you've been too high profile throughout the early stages of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:10 
Isn't that lovely?

One more thing before I disappear for a bit

Flis questioned if they were mod kills, but in the signup thread grim... said this:

As an admin, I've never minded how much people post. It's up to you.

This could be more genuine ignorance, but flis doesn't strike me as the ignorant sort.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:22 
Isn't that lovely?

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Interesting. We're potentially nowhere near tipping point. We could have only one Mafia and one SK. They could potentially hit each other on the same night. They could also hit the gun owner which is why I think the Mafia chose to recruit a pro last night rather than kill. They don't know who that is, and at this point they don't want to take the risk - with a prostitute they can send them in to establish whether it is the gun owner before taking a hit. No need to kill the townies off quickly if they don't think they are under suspicion. Hence, I think you argument to 'think hard' is flawed, as we could afford to lose a townie, we caught a break last night in only losing Kalmar.

I simply do not buy the fact that your actions are that of a townie, you've been too high profile throughout the early stages of the game.

Well we're not as close as I thought we were, (I thought there were about 10 people left alive) but you are highlighting the best case scenario for the town.

There are 13 people alive, assuming 1 gets lynched and it's a townie, that's down to 12, the guy looking for the loony is running out of options, and he might find his man, that could have us down at 10, and then if the SK and mafia kill townies too, that's 8, which could be 5 the night after. Now I fully admit that what I've said is a worse case scenario, unlike APOD who has omitted any qualifying statements as he wishes to lead you where he is thinking (which is what I just did there, but by pointing it out, I have redeemed myself! or maybe I haven't)

That to me is close to tipping, not at tipping, just close to it, and if, like I did, you start from the assumption there are 3 fewer people left alive than there actually are, it's even closer to that point

Now, I really must go, I promise I won't be Columbo like (not a role claim by the way) and do "just one more thing"

Although now I think of it APOD had it in for me early on (was it day 1 or day 2?) if it was day2, I wonder if he is the "gotta catch the loony guy" accused me, and got it wrong and is holding a grudge (doesn't matter if he is or isn't, if he is though, it makes me look good when everyone is dead) :P

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:31 
Sleepyhead

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
They could also hit the gun owner which is why I think the Mafia chose to recruit a pro last night rather than kill. They don't know who that is, and at this point they don't want to take the risk - with a prostitute they can send them in to establish whether it is the gun owner before taking a hit.

Recruiting a ho runs the same risk of getting killed in the face by the gun owner, with the added drawback that you might not even be successful.

So that point does not stand up to scrutiny.

I would imagine they would go searching for a whore just because they are low on numbers (1 or 2 left pre-hooker) and wanted to try to get someone else on board.

Which means maybe we were starting to look in their direction?

*peers at Wullie*

I can't decide if you're evil or the gun nut. I'd be thoroughly shocked if you were neither.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:39 
Excellent Member

I keep trying to post in this thread and then get interrupted by work…stupid work. Although, the MD is around so it’s probably a good thing I’m not sat on my phone trying to play online games on a forum! This might not make much sense, it's literally taken me about 2hrs and at least 10 separate visits to write!

Anyway!
Wow, poor kalmar getting killed twice :( Shit, we really needed to keep him around.

So, what do we know? I think we can safely assume he was the ‘real’ cop from his FoS at TheVision, we also know he wasn’t under the care of our good Dr. last night. I would guess that the Mafia tried to recruit last night, perhaps to use the prozzie as a moving target for the gun nut….? At least they’d then know who to avoid without risking themselves, especially if there was only one of them left?

Who was the Dr. with last night? Is anyone willing to claim his protection?

Kalmar was (first) killed by the gun nut, I don’t really want to speculate as to who that could be because we need them alive for as long as possible (before we lynch them, natch) as they will kill any mafia/SK who comes for them. If we look at what Kalmar said yesterday, there are 2 maybe 3 people there who he was most likely to target for investigation. And he was seemingly more suspicious of KovacS……..

Malc, I was as confused as anyone else about the kills that happened yesterday, I really did think that the nature of the deaths, i.e. suicide, was Grim… mod killing them as they hadn’t really joined in at all. Obviously once he cleared it up, it was apparent the murders were made to look like suicides. This is my first game so I don’t know what it takes for the Grim… reaper to intervene! Heh, I didn’t really read the sign up thread other than to say I wanted to play, kalmar and Curio and DavPaz weren’t sure about how those people had died either :(

Gah, I can’t find when Kalmar said “It’s not Malc.” What day/page is that?

I think Kalmars investigations were thus:

Night 1: TheVision
Night 2: Malc or Kissyfur
Night 3: Protected
Night 4: Killed! After being shot by the gun nut… :S

Night 2, I’m not so sure about. On Day 2 he was thinking Malc was a red herring but was determined Kissyface was a SK, on Day 3, he doesn’t think it’s Kissyface anymore and when I suggest Kissy is a SK, he gently persuades me otherwise. Fair enough, he no longer mentions Malc but if I had to put money on it, I’d say he investigated Kissyface on night 2.

[Vote:Wullie] because I don’t think he’s the gun nut but he’s most probably something baaaaad.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:41 
Unpossible!

There's a fair chance that Kalmar was protected on night 2 also. He had made himself a big target. Hang on. I'll go and see if he mentioned it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:43 
Unpossible!

Kalmar wrote:
Curio, I'd assume I was protected. OR, maybe everyone else assumed I would be protected and didn't waste an action on me. Or maybe Trooper died before he could order a hit on me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:45 
Excellent Member

He said he'd made it through the night without being a target because there were 3 deaths on day 3.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:48 
Excellent Member

flis wrote:
He said he'd made it through the night without being a target because there were 3 deaths on day 3.

Heh, that doesn't mean he wasn't protected though! lol

Good point, DavPaz! :p

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 15:34 

It has gone quiet again...

Come on folks more chatter!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 16:03 

Re: The slurs against my character, at least flis has the conviction to go for it & vote, however misguided her decision is. Compare that with Curiosity who's merely pointing people out, much like ApplePie was doing a few days ago until he was noticed.

Plus, if you remember from yesterday;
Kalmar wrote:
The SK is either kovacsc or LaceSensor, has to be. I just can't decide which.
Did one of those two decide to shut him up before he could investigate them? One's being quiet & the other's playing dumb to "make people talk".

I'm struggling a bit. I don't trust ApplePie, but it's Curio who's making me a bit suss today & I can't figure out the SK :S

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 16:06 

I am definately not the SK, that I am 100% sure of.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 16:15 
Sleepyhead

Wullie,

I've already voted for 2 people today... hardly a wallflower, am I?

I can vote for you if you want me to, though.

I just want there to be a lynch today. If there are 3 Mafia left it might get bandwagonned or gain no traction... if there's only 1 or 2 left then even if we go in randomly we've got a bigger upside than downside. With no cop info any more, the ONLY thing we can do is lynch, and it's in our interests to hear as much from as many people as possible in the time we have available.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 16:28 

Curiosity wrote:
Wullie,

I've already voted for 2 people today... hardly a wallflower, am I?

I can vote for you if you want me to, though.

I just want there to be a lynch today. If there are 3 Mafia left it might get bandwagonned or gain no traction... if there's only 1 or 2 left then even if we go in randomly we've got a bigger upside than downside. With no cop info any more, the ONLY thing we can do is lynch, and it's in our interests to hear as much from as many people as possible in the time we have available.
Aye, you're right. I never counted your vote for KC as it seemed more jocular than anything, but I missed your vote for Malc. I'm just running through possibilities/stuff I've noticed & seeing how people squirm on the end of a hook. I agree it's in our interests to lynch but I'd like a bit more to go on than a gut feeling & we do have until 11am.

PS. I'll pass on your kind offer to vote for me :DD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 17:25 
Excellent Member

In the interest of gaining a lynch I'm happy to go with a majority. For now I'm going to [vote: applepieofdestiny]
Same reason as previous something odd about him.

Shame we lost Kalmar but it was in hindsight at least obvious he was a cop.
At least his services netted us the vision.

I'm on bb at present, and can't trawl pages forever on 3g
Is there anyone that is consistently not voted?

Apologies for being quiet, I've been in norwich.
Maybe that is good reason to cull me before I bring in a pandemic of norwichitis to our beloved village

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 17:30 
Excellent Member

Where’s Squirt…? He’s mighty quiet. So is Runcle though, dammit!

I actually think APOD is mafia and Wullie is the SK (sorry Wullie, your defensiveness and reactionary comments to Curio make me think you’re trying to hide something big....like a body in your freezer or something). I’m unsure whether or not there is a 2nd mafia dude but I’m fairly sure who the gun nut is and that Malc isn’t a prozzie or a bad man.

I still don’t think Kalmar was protected on night 2, I think he looked at Kissyfur, which would make him someone we can ignore too. Erm, have we considered that whoever the Dr. was with last night could be mafia….? They could have been roleblocked? It’s unlikely we’re going to get the Dr. to come forward and confirm anything though as that would most certainly get him killed, not like he can protect himself is it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 17:36 
Time Out for Fun

Hello, I've had a hella busy day.

I was just going to plead my innocence by saying the doctor protected me last night so I couldn't be a baddy. Until I noticed that the doctor is a roleblock aswell.

Although I've been quiet much of the game, which has led suspicions to me being a bad guy. But being quiet has been a common feature to many people with good power-roles, so I think I've been targeted by the bad guys because they suspected I was an asset to the town. Surely the bad guys would also try to lynch a suspected power-role during the day as well. So I think applepie or curiosity could be scum.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 17:38 

Flis you are assumign that Kalmar was not the idiot cop..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 17:48 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

applepieofdestiny: 1 (LaceSensor)
mr kissyfur: 1 (KovacsC)
wullie: 1 (flis)
flis: 2 (Malc, DavPaz)
malc: 3 (Curiosity, Alarm, ApplePieOfDestiny)

Not voted: 5 (mr kissyfur, runcle, sinister agent, squirt, wullie)

With 13 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, and 10 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 17:57 
Excellent Member

Runcle, Curio and Riles voted for Malc, this makes me think Malc is the Don and you are a goon and that might be why there was no kill last night, you were supposed to be doing yor masters bidding but were roleblocked.

In which case [vote:malc]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 18:15 
Excellent Member

KovacsC wrote:
Flis you are assumign that Kalmar was not the idiot cop..

Well there is good evidence he was the smart cop as we have thevisions head!
There's little else to suggest this isn't a good assumption.

Mr kovacs is making me suspicious today...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 18:26 
Time Out for Fun

flis wrote:
Runcle, Curio and Riles voted for Malc, this makes me think Malc is the Don and you are a goon and that might be why there was no kill last night, you were supposed to be doing yor masters bidding but were roleblocked.

In which case [vote:malc]

I've never voted for malc.
I've only voted once.
Which was for bad guy thevision.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 18:29 
Isn't that lovely?

posted from my mobile...

I have changed my mind about flis....

but this phone doesn't have square braces....

shit... don't for flis, I'd rather you didn't vote for me, but I think I'd be a better bet than her... give me until 19:30 and I'll unvote her...

[vote:unvote] - Love Grim... x

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 18:38 
Unpossible!

[vote:unvote]

That was an impassioned plee, Malc :)

Also: Get a better phone!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 18:48 
Excellent Member

Sod it won't be around much tonight so [vote: kovacsC]

On account of plenty misinformation, intended or otherwise

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 18:54 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Hello

After it being PLAINLY BLOODY OBVIOUS that Kalmar was the cop, and our being incredibly lucky that he'd lived so long, I came home yesterday and after catching up, was about to ask anyone if they had been roleblocked or targeted (and ask if you know if the mafia tries to recruit you and fails) to find that a bunch of muppets had strung someone up without even looking back at what had happened the day before.

My suspicions had been raised by LaceSensor and Kovacs, and slightly by applepie. Based on today, I'm saying [vote: KovacsC], because really, if you're not guilty mate, you're still acting like a liability. I am faaaintly suspicious of Curio, as he's doing some fairly subtle pointing, but then, that's not necessarily a bad thing at this point, and it's certainly preferable to having three days of nothing happening.

Also, today there are several possibilities - has anyone been approached by the good doctor yet? If so, consider piping up, yeah? It'll give us a clue as to what's going on.

Don't forget that the mafia can be roleblocked, or their target protected, by the doctor. So, it's entirely possible that the doctor has found a mafioso or their target already - of course, they won't know which.

Or we have a prozzie. Or the mafia tried to recruit a table or something.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 20:47 
Isn't that lovely?

Thanks Grim...

I'm really at a loss as to what to do now.

Need to to think about this, I'll post later (after the football)

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 21:06 

I am definatley not a villan of any sort... what misinformation have I been given?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 21:29 
Time Out for Fun

I'm going with curiosity out of my two suspects.

[vote:Curiosity]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 21:42 
Unpossible!

This will probably be my last chance to vote as I'm busy tomorrow. So I'll have to abstain. Spineless, I know

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 22:45 
Excellent Member

Malc wrote:
but this phone doesn't have square braces....

For a week or so, I thought mine didn't. It is hidden away by choosing numbers/symbols then pressing shift to show the lesser-used symbols.

You've no doubt tried this, but just in case, I thought I'd mention it. My previous 'phone didn't have square brackets. A way around it is to click on (say) the italics icon and use the square brackets it puts in your post. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 22:59 
Isn't that lovely?

There is a way to do it, I mentioned it on twitter, and some n900 nut @replied me to tell me how to do it, but that was about 9 months ago and I've forgotten, I don't really use my phone much for typing (although it does have a real keyboard) and rarely need to use [ and ] symbols in any other context.

Anyway, time for me to do some research...

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 23:37 
Isn't that lovely?

OK,

I have made my mind up about who is whom

I think I know who the doctor and the gun nut are, but for obvious reasons I'm not going to share, just in case I am right.

I also think I have spotted 2 baddies.

Sinister Agent and ApplePieOfDestiny

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 23:51 
Isn't that lovely?

I suppose I should explain a bit.

I've been looking through the posts wrt to days 1, 2 and 3 when the baddies would have been at their most naive.

Sinister Quotes:

Note, no mention that the mafia might kill, he doesn't want to associate his name with the mafia wrote:
Also the town are always at a massive disadvantage to start with, anyway. Still, it's kind of moot now that the Bus Driver is dead. 'tis very unlikely, but what if two kill roles happen to target each other? Would both serial killers end up simultaneously fisting each other to death or whatev...

Association by disassociation wrote:
Oh, and for the record, I'm busy for most of this week and weekend, hence why I didn't sign up for this :(

Despite this, I would imagine that at least one of the mafia has kept quiet, and will likely continue to do so.

Full of sus stuff wrote:
I'm wondering why Thevision voted for Kalmar for two days running.

Voting for one's own is a useful trick for the mafia (chaaaaaains - The ghost of Jacob Gazchap), however doing it consistently seems curious, and doing it that early on seems a needless risk.

On the first day, sure, the mafia may as well vote randomly among the town and see what happens. So voting for your own on day one seems a bad idea. Doing it again the next day seems worse. Especially for the Don.

So. I'm probably risking both my and Kalmar's neck for this, but I'm willing to consider Kalmar innocent. Or at least, not mafia, and prooobably not SK, as they've no reason to be consistent, or even vote this early on. At the risk of sounding like the cop, I strongly advise the doctor to protect him tonight, and keep doing it.

I have a vague hunch that nickachu is the lunatic, too. Sorry if so and this gets you caught - the loony sounds like a fun role to play - but the lunatic causes confusion in the town, which we need to remove. It is largely a hunch, though.

I don't know if this helps us much, but it's about all I can really pick up on.

We're at a point where we're more likely to hit a power role than a bad guy, and most of the power roles are useful. So I'm thinking we need them to stick their necks out a little if they know something, before they get offed. Our best chance is, I think, the cop and gun nut.

Longer term, if a cop finds one of the mafia, I suspect it's worth their roleclaiming if it bags us a bad guy - particularly if the gun nut then roleclaims, because as soon as the mafia are down to one person, the gun nut becomes our hero - nobody can kill them without losing the game. In fact it may even be worth the gun nut coming forward now to prevent the doctor or cop setting them off, as either we have one mafioso left, in which case the nut is laughing, or we have two, in which case taking the nut out will still probably cost them the game. Either way, the scum are only slightly more of a threat than the SKs to us now - one extra vote isn't a major advantage, and if they're too obvious about colluding, they're screwed.

I would probably be planning on recruiting a prostitute tonight if I were the mafia, and leave the SKs to do the killing - a roleblocker would be handy, could be easily replaced, could be used as a canary to root out the gun nut, and could lend them a much needed extra vote.

I'm normally quite anti-roleclaim, especially this early on, but we seem to have a quite unusual situation in that no major power roles are dead, but the mafia are down two, and we face a potential massacre every night. This will probably be the decisive day/night of the game.

None of this really leads me to any conclusions about who is who, unfortunately.

Incidentally, I am a female townie.

[vote: sinister agent]

with FoS at APoD and poss curio too

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 0:11 
Excellent Member

Oh bloody hell, we're looking at another no lynch tomorrow guys.

Only 5 players left to vote.

For me, it's a toss-up between Wullie as SK and APOD as at least one of the mafia. The way he jumped on kalmar on day 2, he did hint pretty strongly towards being the cop and I'd be very surprised if APOD didn't pick up on that. Unless, of course, he did but his mate was in the spotlight for a lynch so had to try and turn it around. Bloody kalmar, getting killed! If there's another member of the mafiosa hanging around, I'd say he was one of the quiet ones, APOD isn't going to put his neck on the line on day two for a goon, surely.

Like Malc, I'm pretty sure of who the gun nut is and I have a good feeling about who the Dr. is. Strategically, we need the gun nut alive for as long as possible because with him in play, the SK and mafia cannot win. Obviously, roleclaiming as the gun nut is going to get you lynched at some point so that's probably not wise. We also need the Dr. for obvious reasons, I'm pretty sure he has paid attention and won't target the gun nut for protection.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 0:33 
Excellent Member

Malc wrote:

[vote: sinister agent]

with FoS at APoD and poss curio too

Malc

Dude, I think you might be wrong here and I'm not sure we can turn this in to a lynch. However, with so many others having FoS on them, we're probably in enough danger of dying tonight as it is! I also have no reason to doubt your motives, I wouldn't let my vote against you stand because I don't want the morning people coming in at the last minute and deciding to vote you because you already have the most votes and we need to lynch someone.

So.....Seeing as no-one seems to want anyone else dead (anyone who, IMO, deserves to be dead).

[vote:sinister agent]

DavPaz, use your vote, man.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:00 
Peculiar, yet lovely

"When the baddies might have been at their most naive"? Naive? You reckon if I were mafia, I'd be naive?

Not mentioning that the mafia might kill someone means I'm trying to distance myself from them?

Association by disassociation? What? All I said was "I'm busy", which is patently true, and which is the reason I not only didn't sign up for this town, but my opening post pointed this out. Why stick my neck out when we had half a dozen people saying absolutely nothing?

"full of suspicious stuff"? Any particular bit? I don't see how making the insinuation as vague as possible helps your case.

Also:

Malc wrote:
So,

I've just gone back to check and the three people that didn't pickup on it are:

DavPaz
flis
kalmar

Now I know Kalmar was obviously the police. (which is a big flaw in the plan) but I still think there might be something in this, so

[vote:flis]

Malc

So you accuse these three people for quite weak reasons, and yet suddenly flip and go for me instead? What?

I don't want to change my vote, Malc, but you're going to have to give me a good reason not to before I go to bed, because you're acting seriously dodgy here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:06 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Oh, also, if you're reading my posts that intently, why didn't you answer when I asked what you were thinking?

And why did you drop the 'acting deliberately weird' act? It's a nice cover story - be the harmless nutter and nobody will suspect you, right?

If you really were trying to get the cop's attention, how does wasting the cop's time help us? And why would the mafia bother trying to recruit when they had a full troupe and nothing to lose by offing people instead?

You didn't bring up your supposed suspicions of me until two days later. Why not? I wasn't even in yesterday's game - you could have voted for me then and got me killed before I even knew what was happening. Why didn't you?

Dodgy. Very dodgy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:02 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Hokay, I'm sticking with my vote, because I reckon Kovacs is mafia. Malc is showing every sign of a sudden switch to mafia-dom, but since the prozzie can't kill, she's less of a threat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:12 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

WHOOOOOO! GUESS WHO'S DRUNK WHOOOOOOO!

VOTE UPDATE

curiosity: 1 (Runcle)
mr kissyfur: 1 (KovacsC)
kovacsc: 2 (LaceSensor, sinister agent)
sinister agent: 2 (flis, Malc)
malc: 3 (Curiosity, Alarm, ApplePieOfDestiny)

Not voted: 4 (davpaz, mr kissyfur, squirt, wullie)

With 13 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, and 10 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:13 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

My fucking avatar is awesome . Fuck Mr Chris and Craster. Check that shit out. Fuc yeah.

WHEOOOOOO OOO O!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:55 
Isn't that lovely?

sinister agent wrote:
"When the baddies might have been at their most naive"? Naive? You reckon if I were mafia, I'd be naive?

Not mentioning that the mafia might kill someone means I'm trying to distance myself from them?

Association by disassociation? What? All I said was "I'm busy", which is patently true, and which is the reason I not only didn't sign up for this town, but my opening post pointed this out. Why stick my neck out when we had half a dozen people saying absolutely nothing?

"full of suspicious stuff"? Any particular bit? I don't see how making the insinuation as vague as possible helps your case.

Also:

Malc wrote:
So,

I've just gone back to check and the three people that didn't pickup on it are:

DavPaz
flis
kalmar

Now I know Kalmar was obviously the police. (which is a big flaw in the plan) but I still think there might be something in this, so

[vote:flis]

Malc

So you accuse these three people for quite weak reasons, and yet suddenly flip and go for me instead? What?

I don't want to change my vote, Malc, but you're going to have to give me a good reason not to before I go to bed, because you're acting seriously dodgy here.

Dude, ignorant more than niaive then...

I accused those three based on thinking that it was suspect they thought there was only 1 proper kill. That's all, sometimes people pretend to be ignorant to further their cause.

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:03 
Isn't that lovely?

sinister agent wrote:
Oh, also, if you're reading my posts that intently, why didn't you answer when I asked what you were thinking?

And why did you drop the 'acting deliberately weird' act? It's a nice cover story - be the harmless nutter and nobody will suspect you, right?

If you really were trying to get the cop's attention, how does wasting the cop's time help us? And why would the mafia bother trying to recruit when they had a full troupe and nothing to lose by offing people instead?

You didn't bring up your supposed suspicions of me until two days later. Why not? I wasn't even in yesterday's game - you could have voted for me then and got me killed before I even knew what was happening. Why didn't you?

Dodgy. Very dodgy.

I wasn't reading your posts that closely, I went back and re-read the 5 threads (along with the rules) looking for patterns, looking at who said what, who kalamar was sus off, who voted for whom, etc. I did explicitly say that,

As for why I changed, I mentioned that, I didn't manage to post yesterday, so my narative was blown, so no point in continuing it, as it was too late. And I wasn't trying to waste the cops time, more the jailers time.

I didn't expect the mafia to recruit me on day 1 or 2, but to think about it if their numbers where down, I don't know if they tried to recruit me, but I suspect that the doctor tried to block one of them last night, wether he succeeded or not (or blocked the target instead) we won't know unless they block the same person tonight.

Malc

Malc

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next