Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Day three
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 13:00 
Excellent Member

Joans wrote:
Sorry, I was out all day yesterday and didn't realise when the deadline was so I didn't check in to see what was going on in time.
It looks like we've got 1-2 goons left, 2 SKs and 0 prostitutes (if I'm reading the rules correctly).
From the voting yesterday, as we now know that Trooper was Mr RussellThe Mafia Godfather, I'd have a guess that if there were two more goons, there's probably one each in the "voted for the Vision" pile and the "didn't vote at all" pile. If there's only one, they might have tried to put in a vote for the Vision to look innocent (so maybe someone that voted near the end when it was pretty inevitable), or they may have gone for the keep quiet altogether option (as they didn't know that Trooper was going to get killed). Of course it's probably option 3, and it's someont that voted for somebody else.

Anyway, the real question is, who shaved Malc?

His mum?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 16:30 
Noob as of 6/8/10

DavPaz wrote:
Result!

I tend to disagree.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 16:31 
Noob as of 6/8/10

DavPaz wrote:
Erm, apart from the tragic loss of 2 townies.

So sad.

I should bloody well think so.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 16:32 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 16:35 
Awesome
Yes

Some votes are gathering for Nickachu but I can't decide whether he's just throwing suspicions on everyone so his mates can then jump on to someone who gets a couple of votes, or just enthusiastic.

Proper suspicions as always on the quiet ones. Has alarm posted any pigeon stuff yet?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 16:36 
Noob as of 6/8/10

God point, well made. I'll shutup now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 18:10 
Excellent Member

Mr Russell wrote:
Some votes are gathering for Nickachu but I can't decide whether he's just throwing suspicions on everyone so his mates can then jump on to someone who gets a couple of votes, or just enthusiastic.

Proper suspicions as always on the quiet ones. Has alarm posted any pigeon stuff yet?

Yes, at least twice. I wouldn't say I'm that quiet. Some folk haven't even spoken.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 18:19 
Best
Board Mother

Sorry I haven't been around, by the time I got home yesterday the thread was locked and I've not been home long today. I'll put my pc on tomorrow and have a proper read through stuff instead of trying to do it on my phone, the long day means there is certainly no reason to rush things.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 18:34 
I still think Kalmar is something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 18:44 
Excellent Member

nickachu wrote:
I still think Kalmar is something.

Well, we are all something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 19:05 
Excellent Member

Right, things I have thought about today......

Kalmar, do you mind confirming whether or not you had the company of the good Dr. last night? We know you weren't targeted as everyone who could kill someone, did. So that's good but it does leave you open to killage over night, of course :S

If I was the jailer, I would definitely have investigated Malc and Nick first as they are proper weird. The fact they are still in the game suggests, therefore, that they are not as loonyish as I suspected. If they're not loonies, what is their game?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 0:36 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I'm wondering why Thevision voted for Kalmar for two days running.

Voting for one's own is a useful trick for the mafia (chaaaaaains - The ghost of Jacob Gazchap), however doing it consistently seems curious, and doing it that early on seems a needless risk.

On the first day, sure, the mafia may as well vote randomly among the town and see what happens. So voting for your own on day one seems a bad idea. Doing it again the next day seems worse. Especially for the Don.

So. I'm probably risking both my and Kalmar's neck for this, but I'm willing to consider Kalmar innocent. Or at least, not mafia, and prooobably not SK, as they've no reason to be consistent, or even vote this early on. At the risk of sounding like the cop, I strongly advise the doctor to protect him tonight, and keep doing it.

I have a vague hunch that nickachu is the lunatic, too. Sorry if so and this gets you caught - the loony sounds like a fun role to play - but the lunatic causes confusion in the town, which we need to remove. It is largely a hunch, though.

I don't know if this helps us much, but it's about all I can really pick up on.

We're at a point where we're more likely to hit a power role than a bad guy, and most of the power roles are useful. So I'm thinking we need them to stick their necks out a little if they know something, before they get offed. Our best chance is, I think, the cop and gun nut.

Longer term, if a cop finds one of the mafia, I suspect it's worth their roleclaiming if it bags us a bad guy - particularly if the gun nut then roleclaims, because as soon as the mafia are down to one person, the gun nut becomes our hero - nobody can kill them without losing the game. In fact it may even be worth the gun nut coming forward now to prevent the doctor or cop setting them off, as either we have one mafioso left, in which case the nut is laughing, or we have two, in which case taking the nut out will still probably cost them the game. Either way, the scum are only slightly more of a threat than the SKs to us now - one extra vote isn't a major advantage, and if they're too obvious about colluding, they're screwed.

I would probably be planning on recruiting a prostitute tonight if I were the mafia, and leave the SKs to do the killing - a roleblocker would be handy, could be easily replaced, could be used as a canary to root out the gun nut, and could lend them a much needed extra vote.

I'm normally quite anti-roleclaim, especially this early on, but we seem to have a quite unusual situation in that no major power roles are dead, but the mafia are down two, and we face a potential massacre every night. This will probably be the decisive day/night of the game.

None of this really leads me to any conclusions about who is who, unfortunately.

Incidentally, I am a female townie.

and it's everything I ever dreamed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 0:42 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Oh, and for the record, I'm busy for most of this week and weekend, hence why I didn't sign up for this :(

Despite this, I would imagine that at least one of the mafia has kept quiet, and will likely continue to do so.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 0:50 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Oh wait, the doctor is also a roleblocker, isn't it? Arse. That changes things. Gaah, damn this game!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:52 
Master of dodgy spelling....

I appoigise for not posting in the last two days properly..

I think Nik and Kalmar ar the most vocal, does that mean anything..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 14:18 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

The problem with role claiming is that the town is split into two halves, those who are quiet and those who are not. Everyone who is vocal has had the fos pointed but also, there is a general suspicion over the silent ones. Any role claim is going to look defensive at the moment, when there are no significant serious suspicions with anyone.

It's an impasse and no mistake. If the day ended in an hour only a bandwagon could give a lynch.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 15:40 
Long old day this...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 16:47 
Peculiar, yet lovely

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
The problem with role claiming is that the town is split into two halves, those who are quiet and those who are not. Everyone who is vocal has had the fos pointed but also, there is a general suspicion over the silent ones. Any role claim is going to look defensive at the moment, when there are no significant serious suspicions with anyone.

It's an impasse and no mistake. If the day ended in an hour only a bandwagon could give a lynch.

Yeah, I'm not exactly saying "hey guys, roleclaim now!", but I wouldn't say it was a bad idea either, whereas it's usually a very bad idea to roleclaim this early. It's certainly worth considering, if only to get the long game in perspective.

I dunno if this'll work so well online, but what are you thinking, Malc*? Any ideas?

*highlighted purely to get his attention in a possibly long thread, not as some kind of hint.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 19:42 

After reading through the last two days I'm going to [vote:ApplePieOfDestiny] for the moment.

First day he was encouraging others to vote, second he was still sowing the seeds of confusion & seemed to be looking out for his master. That said, it seems a bit too obvious to me & smells a wee bit like a trap which is why I think he might be the nutter or someone who wants us to believe he's a nutter :S

Would there be any disadvantages if we lynched the nutter? Other than missing a mafia type/serial killer I mean. It seems like a positive move as there'd be one less source of confusion or am I missing something?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 22:04 
It's all gone a bit quiet now....

I blame Kalmar.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:19 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Wullie wrote:
After reading through the last two days I'm going to [vote:ApplePieOfDestiny] for the moment.

First day he was encouraging others to vote, second he was still sowing the seeds of confusion & seemed to be looking out for his master. That said, it seems a bit too obvious to me & smells a wee bit like a trap which is why I think he might be the nutter or someone who wants us to believe he's a nutter :S

Would there be any disadvantages if we lynched the nutter? Other than missing a mafia type/serial killer I mean. It seems like a positive move as there'd be one less source of confusion or am I missing something?

No, it seems to me that the nutter should a be low-priority target, but a target nonetheless. Their aim is to get killed, so they have no reason to care if the town win, and in fact it's in their advantage to keep a few villains alive if they can.

That said, if we lynch the nutter, they technically win, so if we have a consensus about the nutter, it might be best to simply let them get on with it and hope the jailer catches them. That means we lost two people, but neither has a 'town' win condition, so it's not a major loss.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 19:56 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Jesus. If this is how it's going to play, fuck it.

[vote: Goddess Jasmine]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 21:05 
Excellent Member

There are far too many quiet people in this game......Is this how it usually is?

I don't really want to vote for someone quiet just because they're quiet but then it might flush some of the others out but there's only 4 or 5 of us who are saying anything at all so it stands to reason that one of the quiet people must have a killing role, as there's only 2 of you (vocal people) I suspect of anything at this stage.

Would spreading the votes about a bit bring the others into the game? I'll be a little fed up if we get to the end of the day without lynching someone (not because I'm bloodthirsty, I just think sitting here waiting for someone else to win the game is a bit rubbish and not really how I anticipated this game played).

[vote:Joans]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 21:58 
Excellent Member

My first vote. The pigeon is perturbed, but I have my suspicions re. whom I'm voting for. He or she seemed very pleased with the deaths yesterday, then hurriedly posted saying how sad it was more of us townies had died. Also, not too long until the sun sets.

[vote:DavPaz]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 0:58 
Sleepyhead

It's always quiet on the weekend. Chances are enough people might not be on board by the morning for to make a good case for a lynch. I have meetings to prepare for and might not be able to post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:35 

Sorry was abusy weekend (bought an xbox).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:36 

Day three
VOTE UPDATE

davpaz: 1 (Alarm)
joans: 1 (flis)
goddess jasmine: 1 (sinister agent)
applepieofdestiny: 3 (nickachu, LaceSensor, Wullie)
nickachu: 3 (kalmar, Curiosity, Malc)

Not voted: 9 (applepieofdestiny, davpaz, goddess jasmine, joans, kovacsc, mr kissyfur, mr russell, runcle, squirt)

With 18 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:42 

My FOS is Kalmar and Nick.. but it could just be teh roles they are playing..

I take it the investigators have not found Mafia yet?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 

As I think he is up to something [vote:nickachu]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:41 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

This is mighty late for a bandwagon.

I don't think there would be anything to gain from lynching the nutter. The only benefit would be if the person who looks like one is actually masquerading as such to hide his serial killer or mafia status in plain view I also don't think nick is the nutter. For clarity, I am not the nutter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:44 

we have a good 16 mins..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:45 
baron of techno

Hello again! I trust everyone had a pleasant, erm, siesta during this day and is now refreshed and ready to rout out the evildoers in our midst?

Having reviewed what everyone has said today, I'm now inclined to think that Nickachu is the nutter.

I still think that the mafia are still the main threat, and we have the most chance of picking up on them (if they contribute at all) due to unguarded comments or teamwork tactics showing through.

However we could be in the situation where the remaining goons have said little, or possibly nothing at all, which is a bit of a nuisance.

Anyway for the moment I'll go with flis's suggestion and [vote:Joans].

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:47 
baron of techno

Oh, dammit, 10AM?

Sigh, day over then.

See you in the morning, or not, most likely.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:59 
*does laundry and ironing*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:39 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

After assuring yourselves you could go on for ages, you suddenly feel super-tired and head off to bed, with yet another decision unmade.

Night actions by 10am tomorrow (Tuesday), please!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:19 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Final vote count:

VOTE UPDATE

goddess jasmine: 1 (sinister agent)
davpaz: 1 (Alarm)
joans: 2 (kalmar, flis)
nickachu: 3 (Curiosity, Malc, KovacsC)
applepieofdestiny: 3 (nickachu, LaceSensor, Wullie)

Not voted: 8 (applepieofdestiny, davpaz, goddess jasmine, joans, mr kissyfur, mr russell, runcle, squirt)

With 18 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2