Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Day one
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 18:07 

kalmar wrote:
[vote:Wullie]
Pourquoi?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 18:09 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Warhead wrote:
I still feel as though I'm missing something ... like players are communicating in some other place that I'm not privy to.

They are.

If your in a special group you can (in this game the mafia - in previous games there could be inner circles on the good team as well) , if your not you just have your wits to go on :-)

Seeing some 'hidden communication' is actually a good tell at times that something is going on , and since the only people who can communicate like this are the mafia spotting that (and calling people out on it) is good for the town.

Remember as well there is a 'loony' out there who wants to make it look as if he's bad in some way to get killed (but not that obvious that he'll be caught by the jailer)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 18:11 
Sleepyhead

Wullie wrote:
Idk, Nick's resigning to his "inevitable" fate a bit too easily, but...?

He's just an emo.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 18:11 
Best
Board Mother

I always hate the first day, you need to lynch someone, but just guess and everytime it's a townie. :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 18:12 
Best
Board Mother

Warhead wrote:
I still feel as though I'm missing something ... like players are communicating in some other place that I'm not privy to.

Double bluff guys?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 18:12 
Sleepyhead

TBH, there are so many people and so many roles that I don't care much whether or not we lynch anyone today.

Would like to hear something from the people who haven't said anything yet, even if it is apparently meaningless chatter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 18:16 
Best
Board Mother

Yeah, I've been waiting until everyone has had a chance to stick their head in. I'm certainly not going to vote until the morning, we have the evening crowed to consider yet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 18:27 
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
nickachu wrote:
me by the looks of it :(

Is this the first time you've played?

Yes. I still don't know what Im doing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 18:32 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

The fact that no-one trusts each other , and that we need so many people to gather together for a vote probably means today will time out with no one person being killed.

We then have the night actions which with the bus driver / gunman / good cop / bad cop / prossies / mafia and who knows what will happen then.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 18:45 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Waaah! I go to sleep, minding my own business, and then the next thing I know I'm dragged off to some town full of weirdoes in the middle of nowhere.

I didn't sign up for this :'(

Estimate a 25% chance I will be dead before I get home from the pub, rising to 65% overnight.

Woeee.

Anyway, given the sheer number and confusingness of roles, I'd imagine that the various nutters will have a higher success rate at killing mafia/etc. than randomly offing one of our own and, as usual, suggest we leave it at a no vote, and then see what happens.

Also how much will the prozzers set us back? Are they free? I dunno about you, but I can think of worse places to live than Freeprozziemafiaborough.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 18:57 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Only one prozzie. So it's knackeredprozziemafiaborough.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 19:31 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

wullie: 1 (kalmar)
lacesensor: 1 (Mr Kissyfur)
malc: 1 (Warhead)
sinister agent: 1 (nickachu)
superdupergill: 1 (Wullie)
kalmar: 2 (Craster, TheVision)
nickachu: 3 (Curiosity, ApplePieOfDestiny, Trooper)

Not voted: 15 (alarm, bobbyaro, davpaz, flis, goddess jasmine, joans, kovacsc, lacesensor, malc, mr russell, runcle, sinister agent, squirt, superdupergill, zaphod79)

With 25 players alive, 13 votes are required for a lynch, and 19 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 20:30 
Ready for action

I think the couple of days are going to be quite confusing with the volume of people that live in this town but as has been said, hopefully we can figure something out based on the events of the first night. I'm not going to vote for anyone right now and actually think we could learn a lot without voting. If we get a couple of people up though then I might considering voting based on reactions, but I'm not going to jump on a bandwagon just because it's there.
I would echo the sentiment that I would like everyone to post at least once before tomorrow though, and hopefully more than once really.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 20:40 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

superdupergill wrote:

I would echo the sentiment that I would like everyone to post at least once before tomorrow though, and hopefully more than once really.

Are you saying it's quiet? A little... too quiet?

Sounds like the opinions of the police to me! :o

Post subject: Day one
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 21:10 
baron of techno

Oh, great idea, out the po-leece. /sarcasm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 21:41 
Ready for action

I was having a wee think during dinner, wouldn't it be funny if all the bad guys were the likes of Nick and Warhead? It would certainly be interesting, seeing as how people so new to the town acted in that situation! Just an idle thought really, partly inspired by the comment Warhead made about conversations in secret and Nick feeling like he was the target of the main vote after attracting one or two votes in the first stages. Probably nothing to it but it would be brilliant if that were the case :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 21:52 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

superdupergill wrote:
I was having a wee think during dinner, wouldn't it be funny if all the bad guys were the likes of Nick and Warhead? It would certainly be interesting, seeing as how people so new to the town acted in that situation! Just an idle thought really, partly inspired by the comment Warhead made about conversations in secret and Nick feeling like he was the target of the main vote after attracting one or two votes in the first stages. Probably nothing to it but it would be brilliant if that were the case :D

What you do now, is type [vote:nickachu] ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 21:58 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
TBH, there are so many people and so many roles that I don't care much whether or not we lynch anyone today.

Would like to hear something from the people who haven't said anything yet, even if it is apparently meaningless chatter.

The pigeon is recharging his cheese album thrice daily, Bob.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 21:59 
Ready for action

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

It's a bit early to vote for them based on that very crap reason! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 22:03 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

superdupergill wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

It's a bit early to vote for them based on that very crap reason! :)

To be honest, I don't plan on voting for him in the end. Other than him being a bit chatty for someone who has never played.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 22:47 
Isn't that lovely?

What a workout at the gym, I am such a man, a macho man, and I've been working out in my man's gym, doing manly stuff like pumping iron and running on the man's treadmill, and all sorts of man stuff. Oh yes, I am a man, and, hey, what happened to Grim... and I suppose I better work out what's been going whilst I've been a man doing man's things.

Malc the man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:00 
Excellent Member

Hi guys :)

So, the big man is dead, there's a loony on the loose and we're building up to lynch an emo?

I think Nick has been so 'active' in here because he's nobody, if you haven't played the game or followed the game, it's quite hard to know how to go about it. If he was a bad guy, I think he'd be quieter because you wouldn't want to single yourself out.

I'd rather not blindly lynch anyone, the chances of getting a bad guy are pretty remote. And I have absolutely no idea about any of you at the moment. I'd like to see what happens tonight, what if we end up lynching a townie purely because we wanna hang someone? Something might happen that gives us a better idea of who's who?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:01 
Isn't that lovely?

Well, as a man I found it easy to catch up with all that has been going on in our lovely town, I love this town, it's very manly, a manly town, for a manly man to live in.

I think Warhead is a bit suss to be honest, I know he is a bit new to this, but I wonder if he has blurted out with something he shouldn't. Don't think he is mafia, but I do think he might be one of the SKs or the nutter with the gun or something.

I see some of the other men are proudly showing off thier beards. Good on you men! It's good to be a man. I am a man you know. Did I tell you I was a man?

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:09 
Isn't that lovely?

flis wrote:
Hi guys :)

So, the big man is dead, there's a loony on the loose and we're building up to lynch an emo?

I think Nick has been so 'active' in here because he's nobody, if you haven't played the game or followed the game, it's quite hard to know how to go about it. If he was a bad guy, I think he'd be quieter because you wouldn't want to single yourself out.

I'd rather not blindly lynch anyone, the chances of getting a bad guy are pretty remote. And I have absolutely no idea about any of you at the moment. I'd like to see what happens tonight, what if we end up lynching a townie purely because we wanna hang someone? Something might happen that gives us a better idea of who's who?

No, we always need to hang someone, men hang people, so that is what we should do, hang someone, anyone, yes, the chances are we will hit someone innocent, but as men we need to see voting patterns, who's defending whom, who is atttacking whom, etc We shouldn't rush into it, we should act like men, and we should try and get two people up over 10 votes, and see what they have to say for themselves, and then choose from them, have a debate about them, then hang one of them so we can have a man's party afterwards if we chose correctly, or period of mourning, if we chose incorrectly. Either way it is important to act like men. For that is what we are, or at least I am. I am a man

Malc the man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:12 
Awesome
Yes

Malc you're bloody brilliant.

Your mum's a man.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:17 

I think we should be paying more attention to Malc's posts, I think he's trying to tell us something.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:19 
Awesome
Yes

Joans wrote:
I think we should be paying more attention to Malc's posts, I think he's trying to tell us something.

He's talking a lot while I'm trying to watch telly...

like a female woman!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:25 
Isn't that lovely?

Joans wrote:

Are you simple? It's quite obvious what I'm trying to say. I am a man, and men speak plain. We need to get 2 people under the threat of the rope.

We need to let it happen organically, like men would do, but we need to encourage it, and as such, I am going to put my money where my mouth is, like a true man, and say [vote:warhead].

Sorry dude, but I am sure you understand. Take it like a man

Malc the man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:30 
Isn't that lovely?

Mr Russell wrote:
Malc you're bloody brilliant.

Your mum's a man.

You are not a man, men don't talk about other people's mum in that way, I am not sure I can hang around with you...

Mr Russell wrote:
Joans wrote:

He's talking a lot while I'm trying to watch telly...

like a female woman!

How dare you. I am not a woman, I am a man, I think that should be quite obvious from the way I look and act, and the things I say. I shall no longer be associated with you. I am going to hang around with the other men, Lke SDG and her beard. Yes, she and I shall be male friends together. Nothing sexual, just good old fasioned male bonding

Malc the man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:32 
Excellent Member

Admire my beard. A pigeon likes to nest, ensconced in rough hair.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:49 
Excellent Member

Methinks She-Malc overfloweth with rodomontade.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:58 
Ready for action

*strokes Malcs beard*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 0:10 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Malc wrote:
Joans wrote:

We need to let it happen organically, like men would do, but we need to encourage it, and as such, I am going to put my money where my mouth is, like a true man, and say [vote:warhead].

Sorry dude, but I am sure you understand. Take it like a man

Malc the man

If you were a man, you'd be a cad and possibly a bounder to boot. But I contend it's a big girly thing to voe for a chap just because he voted for you.

So, ner!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 0:13 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Meh, I fucked up the quotes in that post, but there seems to be no [Edit] button available, not doubt to prevent the kind of cheating that a BIG GIRL (no names, no pack drill) would attempt to perpetrate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 0:39 
Isn't that lovely?

Right enough of this, I am going back to my man's gym to do more man's stuff in a manly way.

Laters non-men.

Malc the man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:13 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I dunno, I was tempted to think that actually, Malc, with his girlish ways, had a point - we do need something to go on, and voting patterns etc. are better than nothing. But then, I'm not sure that at this stage voting patterns will tell us anything. There could easily be a massive vote for an innocent with no villains involved (I think - I should really go back and check the numbers, but I'm far too drunk), which wouldn't tell us anything except that we are all morons.

So um. In conclusion.... fuck knows. I'ma put the kettle on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:36 
Excellent Member

I'm off to bed in the middle of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:44 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Vampire!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:08 
Sleepyhead

Alarm wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

The pigeon is recharging his cheese album thrice daily, Bob.

*Masonic handshake*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:20 
baron of techno

I'm going to [vote:Malc] on the basis that he is protesting too much about being a Man to divert us from the fact that he is not even a townsfolk!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:21 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Oh No Grim.. is dead...

(Sorry I was not abotu yesterday)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:24 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

kalmar wrote:
I'm going to [vote:Malc] on the basis that he is protesting too much about being a Man to divert us from the fact that he is not even a townsfolk!

He is either protesting about being a townsfolk woman, or,
He is double bluffing to let us think he is townsfolk.

I say lynch him in case it is a double bluff, or, because as a woman, he's not hot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:26 
INFINITE POWAH

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
kalmar wrote:

He is either protesting about being a townsfolk woman, or,
He is double bluffing to let us think he is townsfolk.

I say lynch him in case it is a double bluff, or, because as a woman, he's not hot.

Or he really, really wants to get laid with a prozzie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:41 
ugvm'er at heart...

I thought in this town we were all liberals? So being a lady doesn't reduce the chance of getting some prozzie action does it?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:48 
baron of techno

Of course not! How could you even entertain such a thought!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:05 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

warhead: 2 (Malc, LaceSensor)
malc: 2 (Warhead, kalmar)

Not voted: 13 (alarm, bobbyaro, davpaz, flis, goddess jasmine, joans, kovacsc, mr russell, runcle, sinister agent, squirt, superdupergill, zaphod79)

With 25 players alive, 13 votes are required for a lynch, and 19 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

[edit]Maybe I should have refreshed the page from last night before copying it :S

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:05 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Two hours to go, folks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:10 
baron of techno

Erm

VOTE UPDATE

warhead: 1 (Malc)
malc: 2 (Warhead, kalmar)

Not voted: 14 (alarm, bobbyaro, davpaz, flis, goddess jasmine, joans, kovacsc, lacesensor, mr russell, runcle, sinister agent, squirt, superdupergill, zaphod79)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:15 
Unpossible!

Buh? Why the difference?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:35 

Someone's having case issues.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next