Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cylon Scum 3: Flies
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 17:37 
Paws for thought

zaphod79 wrote:
<about to leave to travel home - will not be able to read the thread for a while>

Dave , what role do you think Lace has ?

I don''t know. Chances are 1/3 that he has a role which is deleterious to the groups health. There are good reasons we need to sort this out now the situation has arisen, but I don't think it wise to spell them out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 17:39 
Excellent Member

isnt that the same odds as everyone else...but maybe with a bit of bias in my favour considering I:
1 - havent remained effectively mute
2 - have stated my role since the outset, which seems acceptable for the scientists, but somehow not for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 18:03 
Awesome
Yes

LaceSensor wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
I'm not shifting my vote. I think, quite strongly, that doing so would be a mistake.

Leaving it on me isnt helping either, really, but there you go...

Problem is, now we've had a chance to realise that one of either you or zeppo could be a liar. And liars muddy the waters far too much for people to be able to make decisions properly. I came down on your side earlier and voted for Zeppo, but as the Doc and Mr dave have pointed out, it would be too brash for mr dave, curiosity AND mr chris to all be cyclons hiding in plain sight, so I'm most trusting of them as a group right now.

To that end [vote:lacesensor]. And if you're good then the biggest FoS on Zeppo, followed my dave, chris and curio.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 18:12 
Excellent Member

I am good.

Look at my hollywood smile and flight suit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 18:15 
Excellent Member

Mr Russell wrote:

mr dave, curiosity AND mr chris to all be cyclons hiding in plain sight, so I'm most trusting of them as a group right now.

erm

Mr Chris and Curiosity ARENt voting for me.
FOS on you, dude.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 18:38 
Paws for thought

LaceSensor wrote:
isnt that the same odds as everyone else...but maybe with a bit of bias in my favour considering I:
1 - havent remained effectively mute
2 - have stated my role since the outset, which seems acceptable for the scientists, but somehow not for me.

No. We have a group of 3 people, we know for sure one of them is lying. I'm fairly sure Curio isn't, because not only would it be terribly risky to expose yourself, along with another one of your party (At least half the party, if not every one in it) but I don't think that such an audacious scheme was either needed or probable.

So we have a group of 2. The second one exposing himself apropos of nothing, with plenty of hinting before hand, and nothing to gain - in that it was in doing this that he first aquired votes. It could be that his hinting backfired.

Which leaves you.

And seriously? Point number 2? That's because Scientists are the majority role, and so gives away nothing. Did you not claim to be a scientist, before deciding to claim you were a pilot?

And this is a situation which needs sorting out quickly. Leaving it until the next day is a really bad move, even if we get the wrong person today.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 18:44 
Excellent Member

I thought you meant 1/3 across all players not between iceman / me / goose

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 19:03 
What's this bit for exactly?

Hmm.. sooo much flapping, I think LS will take off without a plane...

Ah man... Zeppo or Lace... Zeppo or Lace... Well, tbh, neither seem to have been following the plot particularly well (but as Bobby proved, that could just be gibbonry, not scummery). Lace.. I can see why you would role claim to be something else at first, and I can even see how 'Avian Parasitology' would be a plausible cover for a military pilot.

I can also see how Zeppo would be lying low as a pilot (& a newbie), but it also seems a bit like desperation given the lack of any previous hints about a role - so maybe was prompted to roleclaim by fellow Cylons when it looked like he was getting fingered.

So it boils down to:

Case A), LS is a Cylon who decided earlyish to cover as a pilot, and Zeppo is a real aviator who has been laying low. this shows 2 people with cunning and smart thinking..

Case B) LS is a Pilot who ham-fistedly revealed it, and Zeppo has been hiding out, until getting fingered and has leapt up (possibly from prompting) with a 'no, I'm good, honest mate', which suggests all round gibbonry & straw-clutching.

Case C) Curio & Mr Kissy have us all going the wrong way and they are both Cylon scumbags. (World class shenanigans if true, and thoroughly deserving of epic winnings)

Or, a totally random poke at Joans... Hmm.. I need booze to get to the bottom of this.
Is there any 'medical alcomohol' in the first aid box on this thing?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 19:19 
Awesome
Yes

LaceSensor wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

mr dave, curiosity AND mr chris to all be cyclons hiding in plain sight, so I'm most trusting of them as a group right now.

erm

Mr Chris and Curiosity ARENt voting for me.
FOS on you, dude.

Yes but look at who I quoted in my last post. I trust mr dave's judgement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 19:51 
Excellent Member

against 66% of your other most trusted opinion helpers.

hmmm.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 19:52 
Excellent Member

Mr Dom wrote:

Case A), LS is a Cylon who decided earlyish to cover as a pilot, and Zeppo is a real aviator who has been laying low. this shows 2 people with cunning and smart thinking..

It would be awesome if that was true but at least half of it isnt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:11 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Mr Dave wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
<about to leave to travel home - will not be able to read the thread for a while>

Dave , what role do you think Lace has ?

I don''t know. Chances are 1/3 that he has a role which is deleterious to the groups health. There are good reasons we need to sort this out now the situation has arisen, but I don't think it wise to spell them out.

I've been thinking about this on the way home and before I got here I decided that it would be better to be rid of him - so

[vote: LaceSensor]

Cylon Scum 3: Flies
VOTE UPDATE

zeppo: 1 (Squirt)
joans: 4 (Curiosity, LaceSensor, Mr Kissyfur, Malc)
lacesensor: 6 (Doctor Glyndwr, Mr Dave, Zeppo, Mr Russell, Joans)

Not voted: 2 (kalmar, mr dom,)

With 13 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, and 10 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:26 

Ok, that's decided me. Looking at who is voting for lace makes me fairly sure he is innocent (of being a colon at least).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:29 

colon?
Dammit, last time I try posting from my phone (and I couldnt work out how to get square brackets either to vote with)

[vote: Joans]
Join us Kalmar..
Look at who is voting for Lace - Joans, Russ, Zeppo - those are your cylons right there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:29 
INFINITE POWAH

Mr Dom wrote:
he is innocent (of being a colon at least).

Are you ... hang on, what?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:30 

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Mr Dom wrote:
he is innocent (of being a colon at least).

Are you ... hang on, what?

I am fairly certain LS is a massive colon, if that helps ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:31 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dom wrote:
Ok, that's decided me. Looking at who is voting for lace makes me fairly sure he is innocent (of being a colon at least).

I should point out as I was voting in the same post I edited that and managed to miss my name of the list so a corrected one

Cylon Scum 3: Flies
VOTE UPDATE

zeppo: 1 (Squirt)
joans: 4 (Curiosity, LaceSensor, Mr Kissyfur, Malc)
lacesensor: 6 (Doctor Glyndwr, Mr Dave, Zeppo, Mr Russell, Joans, zaphod79)

Not voted: 2 (kalmar, mr dom)

With 13 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, and 10 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

Of those voting

Joans and the Doc have been pretty much silent
Mr Dave = Mr Dave
Zeppo has counterclaimed at an odd time but as a newb he doesnt have the same taint as Lace so i'm trusting him
Mr Russell = Mafia Don.
Me = Confused , however I'm going with the thought that one of the 3 are bad , Lace is higher up my suspect list , getting rid of the Psycho cuts down the overnight kills.

Also assuming he's the psycho why trust him to even attempt to kill a Cylon overnight - he could just as easily kill a Scientist again - he's no reason for trying to 'help' one side or the other.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:35 

zaphod79 wrote:
Also assuming he's the psycho why trust him to even attempt to kill a Cylon overnight - he could just as easily kill a Scientist again - he's no reason for trying to 'help' one side or the other.

Not entirely true...
The main 'threat' top the psycho is getting offed by the Cylons, so taking out them is generally good for him, plus it gives more 'innocents' to hide behind. When it gets down to 6, 4 of which are cylons, the odds of him making it through a night are not looking good.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:36 
Excellent Member

any takers to jump on the bandwagon?!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:37 

With Doc, Zeppo, Russ & Joans already on you, I dont think there are any scum left to do the push ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:39 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dom wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

Not entirely true...
The main 'threat' top the psycho is getting offed by the Cylons, so taking out them is generally good for him, plus it gives more 'innocents' to hide behind. When it gets down to 6, 4 of which are cylons, the odds of him making it through a night are not looking good.

If Lace is the psycho , and we dont vote for him but let him live "trying" to kill a Cylon tonight , then he knows he cant win and doesnt have any reason to try and help.

While hes anonymous - Yes - he wants to keep both sides battling each other but once he's outed he's dead.

BTW - remember , if there is a single innocent kill tonight the epic win conditions for Scientists and Military changes.
The Military should do everything in their power to stop the ship taking off (by taking out Pilots?)
The Scientists just want to get on the ship - doesn't matter who with - at that point I don't care if your a Cylon or not I just want to get on the ship.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:40 
Excellent Member

hmmm

but wise old mr dave thinks even a mistake like killing me is ok just to unravel some mystery, who am i to dispute.

I am a pilot. Kill if itll make the chances of finding the cylons easier (I dont think it will).

If I was the psycho id have kept my head so far down you wouldnt have heard from me. Cos I would very much enjoy to be the serial killer (again)

Anyway, make a choice, its getting tedious knowing my innocence.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:40 
8-Bit Champion

[vote: unvote]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:42 
8-Bit Champion

LaceSensor wrote:
Anyway, make a choice, its getting tedious knowing my innocence.

Why are you trying to push this ?

If you are innocent why are you not making more of a go at going after Zeppo or Curio ?

Why did you decide to vote for Joans for 'not taking part' ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:44 
Excellent Member

I did vote for Zeppo. I think he is lying. Ill happily see him walk, but on 1 vote its a bit futile at present.

I voted for Joans cos I think he is hiding under the radar, I dont beleive him basically. And even if he is innocent, doing nothing doesnt help us. We need to chat to figure stuff out. No talk = no help, and/or makes you look dodgy, just as much as talking too much.

Im trusting Curio to be who he says he is.

Im the kinda person that once it looks like im done for, id rather it was over and done with. Then I can speculate from the dead thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 21:00 
8-Bit Champion

LaceSensor wrote:
I did vote for Zeppo. I think he is lying. Ill happily see him walk, but on 1 vote its a bit futile at present.

Of the 3 people that are up , I'm backing Curio because he's got Mr Chris to verify him - but Zeppo could just be doing this all for a bit of fun , all you've done is vote for him and say "well i'm good cause i'm making all these Top Gun references" , why are you not putting any more in , the lack of fight makes me think your one of these people that thinks "i've been found out and its a fair cop i'll go quietly"

Voting for Zeppo is one thing - why are you not questioning him ?

If you put youself in someone elses shoes you just look guilty right now and thats probably one of the reasons you have the votes you do.
And 2 of those are from Joans - self confessed will not even be looking at the thread for days and the Doc who's done nothing all game - gathering votes up from 'silent' players is a great skill - one i'm glad i dont have right now - why are you not shouting about this more ?

(The only reason i'm picking up on this right now was Mr Dom's comments about look who's voting for you - and that *one* comment in your last one about 'get it over with then'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 21:02 
INFINITE POWAH

[vote:MrDave]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 21:25 

Mr Kissyfur wrote:

Why?

Anyway.. part of my point of 'look who is voting for Lace' is 'look who isnt voting for Lace' & why..
Essentially, most of the people we are pretty sure of being 'good' are voting for Joans. those who are already loking dodgy are piling on LS (who I admit has looked suspect). This looks to me very much like they are trying to save their fellow Cylon.

So, to sum it up...

Joans is a Cylon.
So are Mr Russell, Zeppo, and probably Doc G.

I rest my case!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 21:26 
Excellent Member

zaphod79 wrote:
think your one of these people that thinks "i've been found out and its a fair cop i'll go quietly"

nah Im one of those people that thinks "you've got the wrong guy and I now will find it funny if you off me"...

I cant think of a decent thing to ask Zeppo really. Its obvious one of me curio and zeppo is lying.
If we trust our curious scientist that Curio is legit, then its gotta be Zeppo, like has been said about 10 times, unless there is an amazing double bluff going on.

So far I trust Curio, trust Mr Chris.
Dunno what Zeppo is playing at.
Wary of anyone voting for me (docg, mr dave, russ, joans, yourself...)

when I got my role, being a genuine 80s movie fan, the term Navial Aviator always reminds me of when Maverick meets Charlie in TopGun, and tries to impress her in the bar. Hence I just rolled with it, to amuse myself, cos I am on a shit trip for work on my own, and its kept me amused for hours waiting round airports and stations. The scientist role was a kneejerk thing, and genuine tentative attempt to set up the "ride on silver dove" pun (lyrics to Mighty Wings off the TopGun soundtrack)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 21:28 
INFINITE POWAH

Mr Dom wrote:
Mr Kissyfur wrote:

Why?

Anyway.. part of my point of 'look who is voting for Lace' is 'look who isnt voting for Lace' & why..
Essentially, most of the people we are pretty sure of being 'good' are voting for Joans. those who are already loking dodgy are piling on LS (who I admit has looked suspect). This looks to me very much like they are trying to save their fellow Cylon.

So, to sum it up...

Joans is a Cylon.
So are Mr Russell, Zeppo, and probably Doc G.

I rest my case!

He's one of the people going for LS, and he's a shifty so and so. Always is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 21:29 
*lurk*

Alright, this umming and aahing is getting a little silly I think.

I am the military psycho. You pilots can sleep easy tonight. I can't see myself living much longer, so I figure I'll try a different tack. If the human players spare me tonight, I will do my best to kill a Cylon (and whoever said it before, I have been quite poor at guessing who was who, but hey, psycho!) because it seems to me to be my best course of action (and feel free to carry on calling me a gibbon or whatever it was...!)

How does this sound? Point out the cylon and I will murder them. Where we go from there, I know not. All I do know is, running round with a knife like a loony is a lot more fun! Woop!

Dibs on the momma's corpse.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 21:31 
Excellent Member

[vote: Zeppo]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 21:34 
Paws for thought

Yes, and I don't see any reason not to go for Lace Sensor, apart from him going "Bullshit. I'm innocent. This is aids"

Which I don't find sways me overly much.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 21:35 
Excellent Member

Mr Dave wrote:
Yes, and I don't see any reason not to go for Lace Sensor, apart from him going "Bullshit. I'm innocent. This is aids"

Which I don't find sways me overly much.

we have a role claim of the PSycho, who you earlier said we needed to get rid of, as its best to lose 1 person per night not 2, and you are still voting for me?

love it :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 21:35 

Doc G, Russ, Joans, & possibly Malc are on the Cylon list, so pick one of them.

I don't reckon you'll live through the night if you do make it through today.

Mr Dave, I am fairly certain is a root scientist. Tbh, its not a very hard discipline so its a good one for those who are a little on the daft side. ;)

Anyway, vote for Joans, he's a cylon!
He SO is!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:07 
8-Bit Champion

Okay i'm conflicted.

Mr Dom's assertion that Joans is bad is very compelling.
My earlier reasoning (and Mr Dave's) was that killing an outed Psycho would be better than letting him live (Zeppo that claim of Pilot was very odd - it virtually guaranteed you would die over the next day or two - i cant see the reasoning behind it)

I've flipped backwards and forwards and my gut at the moment is telling me to off joans and then see what happens overnight - if we manage to hit a Cylon in any way (Psycho overnight or the vote now) then the Psycho needs to go tomorrow - even if he could target the other Cylons we cant 'trust' him to do that.

And when i think like that I think , we cant trust him to live tonight - because he *knows* he's dead tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:09 
Paws for thought

I'll only vote for Zeppo/Lace.

I don't see any reason to choose Joans over any other person.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:10 
INFINITE POWAH

Mr Dave wrote:

Explain please, in light of Zepp's roleclaim.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:10 

So at the moment, we have a confirmed psycho, who has promised to kill someone we think is a Cylon if we leave him alive, and our other option is to kill someone we think might be a Cylon?

[vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:12 
Excellent Member

it would be good to know which kill action came first, psycho or cylon

Im pretty anit Mr Dave right now, unless he changes his vote.
FWIW the remaining military have to vote for the Psycho really, because its in their win condition that he/she be neutralised.
Therefore, despite many people worthy of a vote, I have to stick with Zeppo.
That and I agree with Mr Dave that losing 1 overnight is preferable to a 'mistake' by the Psycho doubling our losses.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:12 
Excellent Member

Mr Dave wrote:

So you might as well vote for the claimed Psycho then huh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:13 
INFINITE POWAH

LaceSensor wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

So you might as well vote for the claimed Psycho then huh

That was rather my point.

Unless you're a ridiculous blagger and got lucky that military pilot was 1 not 2.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:14 
Isn't that lovely?

Wow, things have certainly moved on whilst I've been collecting wood...

I'm with whomever it was that says that Zeppo's action are odd for a psycho (although is such a thing possible?)

I don't know what the frack to do now...

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:15 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dave wrote:

So your asking Mr Dom to role claim as the other investigator , say he investigated Joans at some point and found he's a Cylon ?

LaceSensor wrote:
it would be good to know which kill action came first, psycho or cylon .

In previous games they both happened at the same time , so 'double' kill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:16 
Paws for thought

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Explain please, in light of Zepp's roleclaim.

Well, clearly, I didn't see it what with the "Argh, you've missed a post while typring", and also that I'm playing Gears of war, while typing between horde rounds, so it's taking a while to type

[vote: unvite]

Still not sure we can trust a Zeppo, mind. Such deals have generally not gone well in the past but we can at least be sure of what the cylons will do tonight (Kill one and block the other of him and Chris)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:17 
Isn't that lovely?

There seems little point in anyone voting for Lace or Curio now tho, the attention, imo, has to turn to Zeppo and/or Joans

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:18 
*lurk*

So I made a silly claim, I wouldn't say it guarenteed a lynch. Only time will tell! In the meantime, those who shout loudest have a gun for hire, if you will... Of course, anarchy is what the psycho is really all about :D

[vote:joans]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:19 

Still not really sure why me? It started out as being because I was too quiet, but because I "rushed to defend myself" (or, maybe I just actually got a chance to post), I'm guilty of talking too much.
Why is nobody suspicious of the other quiet people?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:29 
Paws for thought

Joans wrote:
Still not really sure why me? It started out as being because I was too quiet, but because I "rushed to defend myself" (or, maybe I just actually got a chance to post), I'm guilty of talking too much.

:shrug:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 22:31 
8-Bit Champion

Joans wrote:

Partly because none of them turn up to defend themselves when they are called.

You've done that a few times today , almost as if your Cylon buddies are suggesting you put your face in view

I remember your earlier post today said you would not really be around for the next few days and when things look as if they might turn to you again your here ?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next