Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: -=[ALIENS SCUM]=- Day 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:29 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

DavPaz you belmer :)

[vote:Mr Russell]

About time some other people started to agree with me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:30 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Woah, Rev! Cabin fever getting a bit too much?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:31 

You played me, DavPaz. You played me like a fool. [vote:DavPaz]

Perhaps my third "idea" as to your actions is correct and you're just a bad guy messing us all about. If it turns out you're a DAC, then it's unfortunate but (being pragmatic about it) at least it stops someone from being so outrageously loony that it confuses everyone else and makes it harder to sort the wheat from the chaff, as it were.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:38 
That Rev Chap

Bobbyaro wrote:
Woah, Rev! Cabin fever getting a bit too much?

I'm just getting a bit frustrated with it all, to be honest. I actually thought there was some useful info coming out of all this, but I don't think there is.

DavPaz is just looking like a loony DAC, GazChap seems reasonable enough that he looks innocent and fuck knows whether Craster's actually good or bad after all this.

Maybe Mr Russell's slip up this morning was a sign of badness, maybe it wasn't.

I have a feeling that things will looks clearer tomorrow, based on who dies today, but we really need to kill an alien today, not tomorrow, and all my hunches and gut feelings have just fallen away.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:40 
Unpossible!

or maybe that embryo growing in your chest had shortened your tme frame somewhat...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:41 
Best
Board Mother

Craster wrote:
I enjoyed it. A bit of attack and repost. Made the day a little more interesting, and made me decidedly more suspicious of Gazchap.

:this: It's what I've been trying (and failing) to get going from day one!

I was going to vote for Mr Russ, but only because he was quite and he seems to be joining in a bit now. I'm not sure about DavPaz at all.

:S

Will have another read through after the school run.

SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

GazChap wrote:
You played me, DavPaz. You played me like a fool. [vote:DavPaz]

Sorry to swap votes around but there's no way that Russ has behaved anywhere near as stinky as the posting Gazchap has done today.

[vote:GazChap]

SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Eugh. Riposte, not repost.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:42 
Ready for action

Jeez-oh, every time I pop out for a while things get crazy in here. I dont really understand DavPazs actions. At first I thought it looked like a very good attempt at muddying the waters and getting GJ or Mr Russell out of a sticky spot. But then I wondered why it would be necessary to do so-if one of them is a bad guy, then surely it would be best for their team mates to lay low and hopefully outlive them to carry on their evil work. I suppose that DavPaz could be an Alien Warrior or something though, trying to protect his queen? I am unsure.
I am still quite happy with the votes for Mr Russell and GJ though. Quite a few people have voiced suspicions over both of them so I think it would be a bit foolish not to vote for them. Hopefully our suspicions are correct and we remove another baddy today. If whomever wins the vote turns out to be a good guy then I guess we are back at square one.
I voted Mr Russell ages ago and I'm sticking with it, his comments at the start of the day were just to weird and seemed like a mistake from a bad guy to me and if he's bad I'm 99% convinced he's an Alien.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:46 

Craster wrote:
Sorry to swap votes around but there's no way that Russ has behaved anywhere near as stinky as the posting Gazchap has done today.

Would you care to explain what has been stinky about my posting? I've given clear and well reasoned arguments for everything I've posted, or so I thought anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:51 
Ready for action

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I was going to vote for Mr Russ, but only because he was quite and he seems to be joining in a bit now.

He's not posted since page two. Interesting that you feel he is joining in a bit now, when at the start of day three you were agreeing with me that he should post more, presumably so as he might incriminate himself further and get you off the hook? Have you changed your mind now and decided that he should be the alien that you and your company associates keep alive?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:53 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

GazChap wrote:
Craster wrote:

Would you care to explain what has been stinky about my posting? I've given clear and well reasoned arguments for everything I've posted, or so I thought anyway.

Your reasons have sucked. Immediately leaping onto a lynch for me, then claiming you were just gulled into it. Stinky.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:59 

When did I claim I was just gulled into it? If you're referring to "You played me, DavPaz..." up there, that's just a figure of speech and wasn't intended as an "excuse" or anything. Not that that's going to matter to you, of course.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone else think my reasoning today has sucked? I'm assuming not, otherwise I'd have been thrown to the wolves by now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 15:59 
Excellent Member

Well it is much more important to get a alien and if anything i think GJ is company. So guess i will have a shot with [vote:DavPaz] since he seems to have lost his mind.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:00 
Best
Board Mother

superdupergill wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I was going to vote for Mr Russ, but only because he was quite and he seems to be joining in a bit now.

He's not posted since page two. Interesting that you feel he is joining in a bit now, when at the start of day three you were agreeing with me that he should post more, presumably so as he might incriminate himself further and get you off the hook? Have you changed your mind now and decided that he should be the alien that you and your company associates keep alive?

I did agree with you, I don't think that non-posters bring anything to the game. I've read this day through a couple of times now to try and get clues as to who to vote for because I honestly don't know, maybe that is why it seemed like he has been posting more. Not posting for 4 pages in a thread that has been moving pretty quickly this afternoon doesn't count at 'not posting much' to me when others like Terimahkaseh for examle have been much quieter.

Why do you think he is an alien?

I wish I did have some associates. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:02 
Ready for action

I think he is an alien because he didn't realise company were bad. To me that says he is alien and viewed every other faction as being against him. If that is the case then he would know he is the main bad guy so to him everyone else is an enemy, or good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:04 
Best
Board Mother

superdupergill wrote:
I think he is an alien because he didn't realise company were bad. To me that says he is alien and viewed every other faction as being against him. If that is the case then he would know he is the main bad guy so to him everyone else is an enemy, or good.

By that reckoning couldn't he be marine too then?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:04 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

GazChap wrote:
When did I claim I was just gulled into it? If you're referring to "You played me, DavPaz..." up there, that's just a figure of speech and wasn't intended as an "excuse" or anything. Not that that's going to matter to you, of course.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone else think my reasoning today has sucked? I'm assuming not, otherwise I'd have been thrown to the wolves by now.

Like I said, I think you jumped on DPs accusation far too quickly, and on such a flimsy premise, that it looks like you wanted to vote for me because you know I'm not 'on your side'.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:07 
What's this bit for exactly?

Muchos wierdness...
Posting this slowly as I'm gonna review how I see the start of today went...

Ok. we started with Mr Russell cocking up about what happened overnight, who was bad etc.
That to me sounds very much like alien thinking - they don't care about the details of who is who, everyone to them is bad so they can ignore half of what goes down. This is a glaring mistake on their part.
Gaz joins in for Mr Russ

Various flapping occurs, GJ doth protest too much, and then DavPaz comes out with random attack on Craster...

So Dav - mad or bad? Well, the tactic that most fits to my mind would be as a distract/protect for Mr Russell, who by now is looking likely for the chop. Looks like Dav is for the chop instead...

Now why would someone on the team take a bullet like that?
Unless..
Mr Russell is queenie, and DavPaz is an ickle spindly drone/warrior who is trying to deflect, and in the worst case sacrifice himself.

Gaz.. swaps immediately with Dav. Hmm.. dodgy, but then he did vote for Mr Russ early too, so more likely clueless than an alien imo.

So, upshot is - I reckon Russ is the queen, and Dav is a standard alien, and the best way to test (i.e. method with the most to gain if right) would be:
[vote: Mr Russell]
However - I would reccommend that you run through the last 2 days & check what Russ/Dav have been up to. I will be doing that shortly when I get a spare moment :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:08 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

goddess jasmine: 1 (Morte)
gazchap: 1 (Craster)
mr russell: 4 (Grim..., Mr Dom, superdupergill, Curiosity)
davpaz: 6 (Bobbyaro, Mr Dave, Terimahkaseh, Joans, The Rev Owen, GazChap)

Not voted: 4 (davpaz, goddess jasmine, mr russell, zaphod79)

With 16 players alive, 9 votes are required for a lynch, and 12 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:08 
Ready for action

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

Well if he were a marine, he wouldn't be viewing every other faction as being against him since he would know the DACs were on hs side and when any other power roles were discovered he would automatically assume they were bad since he as a marine he would be a good power role and so al other power roles are against them. does that make sense?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:10 

Fair enough. I didn't think it was a flimsy premise at the time (I mean let's face it, lying so brazenly as a DAC is pretty silly) so I joined in the vote.

I voted for you because I thought that DavPaz knew you weren't on his side, and as I (mistakenly) assumed DavPaz was not stupid enough to put himself in the firing line without good reason, thought it was a safe vote.

Clearly this was wrong, hence me withdrawing my vote for you when DavPaz's lunacy started to become clear.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:11 

That was meant in response to Craster's post, obv.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:20 

Footnote to stuff above:
Gaz's behaviour (pushing the current target early) is consistent with defending GJ (who I think we can safely leave for now as we know who she is, she knows who she is, she knows we know who she is, etc.), so company flavoured FoS pointing Gaz's way atm.
(This just occurred to me as I was making some toast)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:37 

PS, if anyone else wants some toast, there is half a loaf in the community food locker - you know the one - it has 'Mr Dave's rations - Keep Out!' on the outside, the combination is 1234
I think there's a wagon wheel in there too...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:51 
Best
Board Mother

superdupergill wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

Well if he were a marine, he wouldn't be viewing every other faction as being against him since he would know the DACs were on hs side and when any other power roles were discovered he would automatically assume they were bad since he as a marine he would be a good power role and so al other power roles are against them. does that make sense?

I think this is where we disagree. I don't see the DACs as a faction because we can't comumincate with each other, so although we ARE a group, we're not in the same sense at the aliens and the company. So that's what I was getting at.

Just two different ways of looking at the same thing I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:51 
Best
Board Mother

Grim... wrote:
DavPaz you belmer :)

About time some other people started to agree with me.

Can you elabourate on why?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:59 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

It's on the first page.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:04 
Ready for action

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
superdupergill wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

I think this is where we disagree. I don't see the DACs as a faction because we can't comumincate with each other, so although we ARE a group, we're not in the same sense at the aliens and the company. So that's what I was getting at.

Just two different ways of looking at the same thing I think.

If Mr Russell was a DAC he would know that our job is to eliminate the company and the Aliens for a win. Therefore when kalmar was revealed as company he would know this was a bad faction immediatly.

If Mr Russell was a Marine he would know that his job is to eliminate the company and the Aliens for a win. Therefore when kalmar was revealed as company he would know this was a bad faction immediatly.

If Mr Russell was a Company man he would know all about the company and the slip up at the start of day three wouldn't have happened.

If Mr Russell was an Alien he would know that EVERY other faction was against him. Since it is fair to call the Aliens the 'big bad' in this game, every other faction when viewed from the Alien perspective as an enemy, on the opposing side. So for an alien it would be easy to mistake the company for good just because they are against them.

I would also agree with Mr Doms train of thought when he says Mr Russell could be queen with DavPaz protecting him, I suggested the same thing myself earlier.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:04 
Best
Board Mother

Grim... wrote:
It's on the first page.

Actually, I do think I see where you're coming from. Mr Russ only has four votes though to Pazz's six, so voting for him today might not be very helpful.

I'll see how it goes for another hour or so, has everyone going out with you tonight voted?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:06 

I am a bit more tempted by voting for Russ (possible alien), than voting for DavPaz (possible loon).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:07 

VOTE UPDATE

gazchap: 1 (Craster)
mr russell: 5 (Grim..., Mr Dom, superdupergill, Curiosity, Joans)
davpaz: 5 (Bobbyaro, Mr Dave, Terimahkaseh, The Rev Owen, GazChap)

Not voted: 4 (davpaz, goddess jasmine, mr russell, zaphod79)

With 16 players alive, 9 votes are required for a lynch, and 12 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

For the new page.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:08 
Paws for thought

Joans wrote:
I am a bit more tempted by voting for Russ (possible alien), than voting for DavPaz (possible loon).

Nooooo, avenge my biscuits. They need avenging. Eaten in the prime of life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:11 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

[vote: Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:13 
Best
Board Mother

Yes, I think I agree. [vote: Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:15 
Excellent Member

We need to hit a alien tonight, Mr Russ does seem suspect as people have discussed above. So i will [vote:Mr Russell] if he is the alien queen then we can grab davpaz tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:18 
Best
Board Mother

Quick question: Can Bishop be face hugged? Him not being of flesh and blood.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:18 
Best
Board Mother

VOTE UPDATE

davpaz: 4 (Bobbyaro, Mr Dave, The Rev Owen, GazChap)
mr russell: 8 (Grim..., Mr Dom, Terimahkaseh, superdupergill, Craster, Curiosity, Joans, Goddess Jasmine)

Not voted: 3 (davpaz, mr russell, zaphod79)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:19 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Quick question: Can Bishop be face hugged? Him not being of flesh and blood.

One would assume not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:20 

Actually, why do you ask? Seems an odd question to come out with at this stage.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:21 
Best
Board Mother

I was just reading through the rules again and it occured to me when I read his role.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:24 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I would have thought not, but the rules don't say.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:25 
Unpossible!

[vote:mr russell]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:26 
Best
Board Mother

Lock please!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:26 
Excellent Member

Thats it

VOTE UPDATE

davpaz: 4 (Bobbyaro, Mr Dave, The Rev Owen, GazChap)
mr russell: 9 (Grim..., Mr Dom, Terimahkaseh, superdupergill, Craster, Curiosity, Joans, Goddess Jasmine, DavPaz)

Not voted: 2 (mr russell, zaphod79)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 20:02 
Excellent Member

At the end of a tense day, and much deliberation, Gorman, was busy working on what he deemed "a solid fall ball back plan".
Irrational in the face of disrespect of the rescue team he was supposed to be leading ("I've got 38 simulated combat drops" he mused to himself over and over) Gorman was now verging on suicidal, knowing the Aliens were probably going to kill them all. He had a fall back plan though. 3 barrels of CN-20 nerve gas!

A subset of the survivors, Bishop, and Burke, approached his quarters.
Bishop spoke first.
"Mr Burke has a proposition to make to you...acquiring an Alien Embryo for the Bioweapons division".
Burke was next "Play your part right in this and we could both be heroes".

Gorman, shocked, was reeling. "Your fudge crazy man - these things are gonna kill everyone - I wont let you do it"
Hearing the commotion, Ripley joined the fray. A fight had started to break out.
Gorman, sensing defeat, grasped for a remote detonator and -= BOOM =- an explosion of CN-20.

Mr Russell was Leiutenant Gorman, a Dumb-Ass Colonist
GazChap was Ellen Ripley, a Dumb-Ass Colonist
Grim... was Bishop, a Dumb-Ass Colonist
Goddess Jasmine was Burke, Carter. J. of The Company

Night actions please.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4