Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Course 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:39 
Sleepyhead

... or a vegan alternative.

Everyone sits down to start their meal, but where oh where is The Rev Owen???

NEE-NAW! NEE-NAW!

Why, that's the sound of an ambulance! The Rev Owen has been duffed up by dastardly wedding crashers!

Old Uncle Neville rouses briefly from his drunken slumbers to pronounce that, "Oh dear... there goes another Guest."

But hold the ambulance, for there flies Joans! He's running towards it at speed, vomiting as he goes! The poor blighter looks like he's been poisoned!

As he flees, a table plan falls out of his pocket.

Joans was the Wedding Planner.

The wedding crasher(s) must be pretty smug right now.

This course commences NOW and finishes at 7pm tonight.

[playerlist]
superdupergill
myp
Craster
KovacsC
Grim...
kalmar
Malc
TheAlbin0Kid
Morte
Mr Chris
Mr Dom
Mr Russell
zaphod79
Runcle
[/playerlist]

Post subject: Re: Course 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:40 
Sleepyhead

Can a mod please do the honours for Joans and Owen?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:40 
Master of dodgy spelling....

oh bugger!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:45 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Arse. So was Dave only able to speak in four word sentences, or was he just being odd?

Also, if we're really unlucky, there are five wedding crashers now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:47 
baron of techno

Oh man, this is going to be over pretty quickly..

What the hell was up with Mr Dave speaking in 4 word sentences?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:49 

We need to pick well today..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:55 
baron of techno

I was all ready to accuse the last-minute voters of being crashers bandwagoning, and then they turn up dead and good :S

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:21 
Ready for action

Well that was the worst that could have possibly happened. Why does no one ever listen to me. I'll be back later I'm busy just now but I wanted to come and give you all a stern look.
*stern look*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:23 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

superdupergill wrote:
Well that was the worst that could have possibly happened. Why does no one ever listen to me. I'll be back later I'm busy just now but I wanted to come and give you all a stern look.
*stern look*

You obviously have a different idea of 'worst' , you do know what happens if we vote out the bride or groom dont you ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:25 
8-Bit Champion

zaphod79 wrote:
superdupergill wrote:
*stern look*

You obviously have a different idea of 'worst' , you do know what happens if we vote out the bride or groom dont you ?

Actually scratch that - we're fine even if they are out :-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:35 
Ready for action

Ok, so Dave didn't have any hard facts yesterday since there is no way he could have known anything however he did suggest some things that he thought could be useful. He suggested that the bad guys would be voting if the person voted out was innocent since they would know this would be the case and he suggested that the early voters should be looked at. I'm going to see if I can have a look through yesterdays posts with this in mind before I get called away, so if I don't reply to this in a while then don't worry, I'll be back eventually.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:40 
Ready for action

Ok, Dave voted for kalmar. kalmar then voted for Dave but not immediatly as if to avoid being accused of it being a retaliatory vote. kalmar left his vote for Dave in throughout the game and was also the first person to vote for Dave. For these reasons, I am going to
[vote:kalmar]
I don't really know if I will change that vote because I don't think anyone can have any info to help us unless there is a photographer, so unless someone makes an inspired speech or is able to convince us that they have a better idea who to go for, I'm sticking with my vote.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:43 
Ready for action

If there is a photographer and they take a picture, does everyone see the picture between courses of who was chosen or is it only revealed to the photographer? This might help us figure out if we have one or not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:44 
baron of techno

I'll save you the trouble, I was the first to vote for Mr Dave!

The question is, really, whether the crashers would risk voting at all on the first day - of course they know who is innocent and who is not (as in every game), but would they chance it?
Remember that they don't need to get rid of some number of people to win, so they don't need to influence the vote. On the other hand, it was Dave, so maybe they did anyway...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:45 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

As there's nothing for us to see, I can only guess "no".
Not going for the quiet people any more, SDG?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:45 
baron of techno

Oh, too late...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:46 
8-Bit Champion

superdupergill wrote:
If there is a photographer and they take a picture, does everyone see the picture between courses of who was chosen or is it only revealed to the photographer? This might help us figure out if we have one or not.

Typically they are the only ones who are aware - it would be unusual (and very powerful) to have a photographer who 'published' their pictures for all to see.

Given that there were a reduced number of players for this I'm not sure we will have been lucky enough to have both the wedding planner and the photographer characters in play.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:50 
Ready for action

Grim... wrote:
As there's nothing for us to see, I can only guess "no".
Not going for the quiet people any more, SDG?

If there is a run on one of the quiet people then I will consider changing but I don't want to be influenced by other people suggesting targets since I don't know who is doing the influencing, so I thought I'd get my vote in early. I am aware that Mr Dave is a good guest to have at a wedding and so I am going to see if what he said is any help to us. We have lost what may have been our only role to help us so any pick right now is a shot in the dark, as I said yesterday voting for Mr Dave and Albino meant that it didn't give us any info because the obvious targets were Mr Dave and albino. So i think today we are in the same place info wise as we were yesterday except minus a couple of goodys.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:52 
baron of techno

superdupergill wrote:
Ok, Dave voted for kalmar. kalmar then voted for Dave but not immediatly as if to avoid being accused of it being a retaliatory vote. kalmar left his vote for Dave in throughout the game and was also the first person to vote for Dave. For these reasons, I am going to
[vote:kalmar]

I'm not ashamed to say it was mainly a retaliatory vote, but also for the fact that Mr Dave was acting very weird, not making any sense, accusing the wrong person, didn't defend himself and continued to speak in riddles right until the end and thus managed to convince everyone else he should be lynched too.
The idiot.

I assume his idea was to make people think he had a good power role, or something? In the last few minutes when the "4 word sentences" thing was mentioned, that caused me to have second thoughts and I would probably have unvoted, but there just wasn't time. And in any case, that was wrong too, as he was a plain guest.

Meh.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:53 
baron of techno

superdupergill wrote:
, so I thought I'd get my vote in early.

By your own logic doesn't that make you a crasher?! :p

Don't make me retaliatorily vote for you!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:53 
UltraMod

Bit busy scoffing down this lovely chicken, but I'll have a lot at the aperitifs again in a moment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:54 

How could Mr Dave know who people were? Just beacuse him and Joans were good does not make them right does it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:54 
baron of techno

It was so nice of them to provide a non-chicken alternative! *scoff*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:57 
Ready for action

If other people are thinking like me then I can appreciate they might want to ignore everything I have said since obviously the only person they know they can trust is themselves. I don't have a clue who anyone is and I don't know if you (kalmar) are a baddy so there is a chance you are not and I could make myself look guilty as hell for voting for you. I am hoping that people realise I'm not a baddy simply because I was being sensible yesterday and not voting for someone just because everyone else was. If I was a baddy, I would have known Dave was not a baddy and therefore it would have been best for me to just keep my mouth shut and vote for him. Obviously it could have all been a clever ruse to use today as evidence of innocence but if that was the case then why would I then stick my ehad above the parapet again today?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:59 
Ready for action

KovacsC wrote:
How could Mr Dave know who people were? Just beacuse him and Joans were good does not make them right does it?

I'm not saying he was right, I'm just voting this way because he spoke sense and I don't want to wait til later and then have to choose someone just because they are one of two people with a few votes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:03 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

superdupergill wrote:
If other people are thinking like me then I can appreciate they might want to ignore everything I have said since obviously the only person they know they can trust is themselves. I don't have a clue who anyone is and I don't know if you (kalmar) are a baddy so there is a chance you are not and I could make myself look guilty as hell for voting for you. I am hoping that people realise I'm not a baddy simply because I was being sensible yesterday and not voting for someone just because everyone else was. If I was a baddy, I would have known Dave was not a baddy and therefore it would have been best for me to just keep my mouth shut and vote for him. Obviously it could have all been a clever ruse to use today as evidence of innocence but if that was the case then why would I then stick my ehad above the parapet again today?

I need more wine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:05 
baron of techno

superdupergill wrote:
If I was a baddy, I would have known Dave was not a baddy and therefore it would have been best for me to just keep my mouth shut and vote for him. Obviously it could have all been a clever ruse to use today as evidence of innocence but if that was the case then why would I then stick my ehad above the parapet again today?

FWIW I think you are probably not a baddy either, but again by your own argument, if I was a baddy why would I be so quick to stick my head above the parapet yesterday? I thought he was bad, and I'm sorry that turned out wrong, but you have to admit he kind of brought it on himself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:05 
Ready for action

Craster wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

I need more wine.

Of course, it could be a doubly clever ruse and all of what I just said could be a ruse as well and I could be a baddy.

Oh hang on. I need more wine as well ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:06 
UltraMod

Right. Someone who was here, but wasn't here, and put in a really unimportant vote. If anyone looked like Vince Vaughan, it's...
[Vote:Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:14 
Awesome
Yes

As that's three good guys gone can we even lynch any more without losing?

And are we allowed to have a look at the wedding planners list to see if there was a name that had been ticked off or something. Seeing as how it's just lying there on the ground.

As far as the voting of Dave goes, it's likely that wedding crashers voted for him, but this isn't as solid info as it could be because of the fact that they don't need to eject anyone to survive.

And poor rev owen. Killed early again. Who will perform the ceremony now?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:17 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mr Russell wrote:

I think so - it's not so much that we have a lack of people, we have a lack of chances to lynch, and we need to get rid of a (hopefully not) maximum of five people. Losing a power role is shit, too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:18 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Grim... wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

I think so - it's not so much that we have a lack of people, we have a lack of chances to lynch, and we need to get rid of a (hopefully not) maximum of five people. Losing a power role is shit, too.

Exactly - we'll probably run out of opportunities before we get into a situation of being outnumbered. Unless we keep losing 3 good guys a night like last night.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:27 
Isn't that lovely?

Well, I did try and stop Mr Dave's lynch, granted I was quite late with it, so it was perhaps a lost cause at that time. I think it's a bit suspect to push him over the edge though, especially as I tried to put forward a reason for it.

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:36 
baron of techno

Malc wrote:
Well, I did try and stop Mr Dave's lynch, granted I was quite late with it, so it was perhaps a lost cause at that time. I think it's a bit suspect to push him over the edge though, especially as I tried to put forward a reason for it.

Malc

It was your argument that caused me to have second thoughts. It was wrong, he didn't have a role, but it sounded plausible at the time.
I agree it was a bit odd for people to continue to tip the balance after that, but as I said, those people actually turned out good, and are also now out. So, so much for that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:49 
Awesome
Yes

Malc wrote:

Malc

But the last two votes in for Dave were Rev Owen and Joans, and both of them were good, so they didn't 'push him over the edge'.

The vote before that was from Grim... and he spent most of the day saying he DIDN'T want to vote for Dave.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:50 
INFINITE POWAH

Bloody hell - do you guys never learn? Mr Dave is AN GOOD GUY. Man, I was hoping to noogie him in the toilets later.

I'm unsure of who to FOS at the moment, except 111010010101010, perhaps, who has been a bit suss like. But no more so than usual.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:15 
What's this bit for exactly?

Food, at last! Feels like I've been waiting days for this...
*NOM NOM NOM*
*BuuuuURP*

I have to wonder about Morte tho.. very quiet yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:20 
Ready for action

I was just wondering about Morte there as well, he hasn't posted since his one post yesterday.
[FOS:Morte] (still)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:22 
UltraMod

superdupergill wrote:
I was just wondering about Morte there as well, he hasn't posted since his one post yesterday.
[FOS:Morte] (still)

Yeah, I had a look at the two people who didn't vote yesterday and thought they might be suspicious, but sadly neither of them were around for the end of the entrées, so I didn't read too much into it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Chris wrote:
Bloody hell - do you guys never learn? Mr Dave is AN GOOD GUY. Man, I was hoping to noogie him in the toilets later.

Except last time, of course, when he was AN BAD GUY. And the other times that he's been AN BAD GUY.

Today we're blindly shooting in the dark as much as much as we were yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:28 
Isn't that lovely?

Craster wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

Except last time, of course, when he was AN BAD GUY. And the other times that he's been AN BAD GUY.

Today we're blindly shooting in the dark as much as much as we were yesterday.

For a pattern to emerge you need more than 1 data point.

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:31 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

We need useful data points. We also don't have enough time to wait for sufficient data points. Get it wrong today, and we could lose immediately.

We have no idea whether yesterday's lynch was instigated, helped along, or ignored by the bad guys. We know the last minute pile-on wasn't a bad-guy bandwagon, because they both were good guys. If the entire lynch went by without a single crasher getting involved, we've got nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:34 
UltraMod

Craster wrote:
We need useful data points. We also don't have enough time to wait for sufficient data points. Get it wrong today, and we could lose immediately.

We have no idea whether yesterday's lynch was instigated, helped along, or ignored by the bad guys. We know the last minute pile-on wasn't a bad-guy bandwagon, because they both were good guys. If the entire lynch went by without a single crasher getting involved, we've got nothing.

Unfortunately the odds are stacked against us quite heavily this time out. We sit around and hope that we find out some information: we lose; we wildly stab in the dark hoping to get a bad guy: we probably still lose.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:34 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Craster wrote:
If the entire lynch went by without a single crasher getting involved, we've got nothing.

What do we have if it didn't?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:36 
8-Bit Champion

All those saying "We shouldnt have voted for Dave" , who should we have voted for then ? - its no good sitting here saying "well thats s**t"

A vote for no-one would have been worse , the only other 'close' yesterday was 12345678 and if we had voted him out (and he was a guest) would you be saying "oh we shouldnt have done that" ?

The numbers dont really matter for who we lynch , what matters to most of us is getting the Ex and the crashers out , to do that we need to either vote them or have them take each other out (unlikely) and we only have a limited amount of courses to vote for.

The Ex knows who the groom is , so they will latch onto a vote for him but thats about the only thing we'll get - for the rest i think sitting in the background is a good tactic for them - I know Morte was quiet yesterday but I havent had the chance to look back and see who else was

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:39 
Awesome
Yes

The other thing we can look for is a wild changing of posting styles, for example a loud poster becoming a quiet poster, because of them originally being the reckless guest, but now being a wedding crasher?
[FOS:AlbanianFlid]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:50 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

Jesus fucking Christ, I just wrote a damned essay and it disappeared when I clicked post >:(

The abbreviated version is:

1) Why is Gill changing her mind over voting for a quiet one? The only reason we couldnt do it yesterday is because we were running out of time, we have loads of time to do it today if we choose, and it makes some sense.

2) Myp's call of Mr Russell seems reasonable to me, although that is based on no more than hunches really. Also Gill is now coming across as very (deliberately?) muddled and is firmly on the radar, although I am giving her the benefit of the doubt for now.

3) Our target for today should be Mr Chris. He was one of my unnamed suspects yesterday, because his approach of "turn up early and make noise, then vanish" is exactly how a crasher would play this... make sure your presence registers in everyone's minds so that when we draw up a list of "quiet ones" your name isn't on it, but not actually post that much or say that much. It seems he has turned up to FOS me too, which no doubt will confuse you over my intentions, and I'm sure he will also come up with a very reasonable sounding "real life" reason why he couldn't post much yesterday afternoon or evening, and didn't even get round to putting a vote in. But I trust you all to see through this and join me in saying [vote: Mr Chris]

WARNING!!! DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU CAN HANDLE THE SIGHT OF MAXIMUM PWNAGE!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:50 
Isn't that lovely?

I would imagine they are not block voting, so there's probably 1 who voted for Dave, 1 who voted for someone else and 1 who didn't vote at all.

probably.

Aside, I started this post about 10 minutes ago, so if the conversation has moved on. sorry. and the server crashed too... (luckily by the power of cut and paste I can bring you these pearls of wisdom)

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 13:02 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Grim... wrote:
Craster wrote:
If the entire lynch went by without a single crasher getting involved, we've got nothing.

What do we have if it didn't?

Well, we don't know whether they did or not, I mean. What I'm saying is that it was a fairly easy lynch, and not one that would have needed to be 'helped along'.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 13:03 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Malc wrote:
I would imagine they are not block voting, so there's probably 1 who voted for Dave, 1 who voted for someone else and 1 who didn't vote at all.

I remember reading a book about ghosts, and all the ghosts took a sentence like this as gospel, and it cost them the game.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next