Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wedding Scum Rules
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 17:09 
Sleepyhead

Disclaimer - I've not 'tested' this by running through a few mock games as I will do before running it. This is just to give a feel of the game, etc. Feel free to chip in with queries, balancing issues, etc.

Wedding Scum Rules

1 Bride
1 Groom
1 Best Man
0-1 Wedding Planner
0-1 Photographer
1 Vengeful Ex
1-4 Wedding Crashers
0-1 Reckless Guest
6-12 Guests

It's a beautiful day and we're all gathered for a delightful wedding. The Bride's parents have really rolled out the boat and there will be a fantastic 6 Course Menu served. During the meal, squabbles might break out and someone may be removed from the wedding for being unpleasant. Also, between courses everyone will stretch their legs and go see the entertainment being provided outside. During this time, certain people may have beneficial or nefarious activities that they can carry out, thus removing people from the wedding breakfast.

Let's hope that no Wedding Crashers ruin the big day!

Quote:
1 Bride

You are the Bride, and this is your special day. You know that the Groom is ________, and the Best Man is ________. You can talk to them freely throughout the day via any means you care to mention. Your primary win condition is Happy Couple, and secondary is Wedded Bliss.

Quote:
1 Groom

You are the Groom, and this is your special day. You know that the Bride is ________, and the Best Man is ________. You can talk to them freely throughout the day via any means you care to mention. Your primary win condition is Happy Couple, and secondary is Wedded Bliss.

Quote:
1 Best Man

You are the Best Man. You know that the Groom is ________, and the Bride is ________. You can talk to them freely throughout the day via any means you care to mention. Your loyalty to your friend, the Groom, knows no bounds, so you act as both a bodyguard and a food taster for him. If the Groom is removed between courses, you will give him your spot at the table and leave the wedding. Your primary win condition is Happy Couple, and secondary is Wedded Bliss.

Quote:
0-1 Wedding Planner

You are the Wedding Planner, and you're a little scatterbrained. You can't remember exactly who should be at the wedding and who shouldn't, but between courses you can slip out and check the guest list. PM the person running the game between courses and you will be told if the guest you're checking out has been invited, or if they are a Wedding Crasher. Your win condition is Wedded Bliss.

Quote:
0-1 Photographer

You are the Photographer, and it's your job to make sure that there are lovely pictures of the event. Between courses, you can follow someone and take a photo of them, thus finding out if they were up to something or not. Your win condition is Wedded Bliss.

Quote:
1 Vengeful Ex

You are the Vengeful Ex. You used to date the Groom, who is ________, and dammit, it should have been you marrying him! All that you can think of is revenge, and ruining the big day for the Bride. Between courses, you can poison the food of a person of your choosing, and they will be removed from the wedding as they seek medical attention. Your primary win condition is There Goes The Bride.... Your secondary win condition, activated if the Bride is disposed of, is I Will Survive, as you quite fancy getting drunk, causing further mayhem and having a party once she's gone.

Quote:
1-4 Wedding Crashers

You are Wedding Crashers, and you're intent on having a good time. You've crashed this little shindig, and are intent on sticking around long enough to find someone hot to take home with you. Between courses, you MUST nominate one of your group to subdue a guest of your choice and remove them from the meal. This instruction must be sent to the person running the game via PM. If the person you pick is the Groom, and the Best Man is around to act as his bodyguard, the Groom will be told the name of the Wedding Crasher responsible. Your win condition id Party On!.

Quote:
0-1 Reckless Guest

You've been invited to the wedding, but to be honest it's a bit boring for you. Between courses you're going to snoop around and try to catch a Wedding Crasher performing a heinous activity. Between courses, PM me the name of the person you think is a Wedding Crasher. If they have subdued a guest at that time, you've found a friend and will join the Wedding Crashers. If you fail to do so, you are just going to have to get as drunk as possible and hope other people do fun things. Your primary win condition is Party On!, but only if you join the Wedding Crashers. Otherwise your win condition is I Will Survive.

Quote:
6-12 Guests

You're here for the wedding, and you want to have a good time, free from the clutches of nasty Wedding Crashers and the Vengeful Ex. Your win condition is Wedded Bliss.

Win conditions:

Happy Couple – All Wedding Crashers and the Vengeful Ex are disposed of, and both Bride and Groom are around to finish their meal.

Wedded Bliss – All Wedding Crashers and the Vengeful Ex are removed from the meal before it finishes.

There Goes The Bride... - The Vengeful Ex eliminates the Bride from her own wedding.

I Will Survive – You stick around long enough to finish the whole meal.

Party On! – At least one Wedding Crasher finishes the full 6 course meal.

Post subject: Re: Wedding Scum Rules
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 17:17 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Excellent. You haven't detailed the "There goes the bride" win condition, though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 17:28 
Sleepyhead

Craster wrote:
Excellent. You haven't detailed the "There goes the bride" win condition, though.

Cheers. Fixed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 21:02 
UltraMod

Good stuff! Will digest and comment later.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:00 
baron of techno

I keep reading it as 1-4 Wedding Crasters

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:05 
Sleepyhead

kalmar wrote:
I keep reading it as 1-4 Wedding Crasters

The horror! The horror!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 15:14 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

1 Vengeful Ex

You are the Vengeful Ex. You used to date the Groom, who is ________, and dammit, it should have been you marrying him! All that you can think of is revenge, and ruining the big day for the Bride. Between courses, you can poison the food of a person of your choosing, and they will be removed from the wedding as they seek medical attention. Your primary win condition is There Goes The Bride.... Your secondary win condition, activated if the Bride is disposed of, is I Will Survive, as you quite fancy getting drunk, causing further mayhem and having a party once she's gone.

clarification: does that mean the VEx knows who the groom is?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 15:31 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

Curiosity wrote:
There Goes The Bride... - The Vengeful Ex eliminates the Bride from her own wedding.

Does this run concurrently with the other win conditions, or does the game end when it is fulfilled? Because I don't see anything to stop a successful first night poisoning of the bride, and it would be a shame if the game ended after just one day.

WARNING!!! DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU CAN HANDLE THE SIGHT OF MAXIMUM PWNAGE!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 16:14 
Sleepyhead

Clarifications:

1 - The Vengeful Ex does indeed know who The Groom is. She doesn't want to poison him though, she wants to poison The Bride.

2 - Should the Vengeful Ex poison The Bride, the game continues, with that sub-plot resulting in a win for the Ex. This gives the Ex a feasible chance of a double win.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 22:36 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Wouldn't the vex know who the bride was, as she was invited to the wedding?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 22:49 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

KovacsC wrote:
Wouldn't the vex know who the bride was, as she was invited to the wedding?

You might as well say the guests should as well :-)

It looks as if it'll work

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 22:59 
Sleepyhead

In all the games you have to accept that people should know shit that they don't. Do the Ghostbusters look like Slimer? :DD

The main thing I am unsure on is that it's 7 'days'. Is that enough or too much for a good balance? I like the idea of having a time limit like that, just not sure if it should be 7... but AFAICT it seems right.

Plus I'll get a massive kick out of the game, as I'm getting married in October.

:)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 23:51 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
The main thing I am unsure on is that it's 7 'days'. Is that enough or too much for a good balance? I like the idea of having a time limit like that, just not sure if it should be 7... but AFAICT it seems right.

I think that 7 looks about right - i suppose the only thing that i can see throwing things is if as the 'guests' we're dumb enough to vote out the bridge and groom at the start :-)

You'll also need to be careful around the numbering of roles e.g. as a guest you need to get rid of the ex and all the wedding crashers in 7 days - thats potentially 5 'good' votes out of 7 ? , isn't going to happen.

I think the wedding crashers have the best chance of a win since they just need to stick around

Do you want a bouncer character in there as well to eject rowdy guests (if they can find them?)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 23:54 
8-Bit Champion

zaphod79 wrote:
I think that 7 looks about right - i suppose the only thing that i can see throwing things is if as the 'guests' we're dumb enough to vote out the bridge and groom at the start :-)

Should of course be Bride :-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 0:20 
Sleepyhead

zaphod79 wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

You'll also need to be careful around the numbering of roles e.g. as a guest you need to get rid of the ex and all the wedding crashers in 7 days - thats potentially 5 'good' votes out of 7 ? , isn't going to happen.

I think the wedding crashers have the best chance of a win since they just need to stick around

Do you want a bouncer character in there as well to eject rowdy guests (if they can find them?)

The Ex will eliminate someone each turn, so effectively we've got twice the number of votes. Plus if the Planner finds them... but yes, maybe move to 8.

I'll try to run a few dummy runs via Excel and see how it turns out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:31 
Sleepyhead

Please note - based on numbers this is now a 6 course meal.

:)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:43 
UltraMod

WTF? I'm totally not giving as much as a wedding present now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:06 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Will the game stop early if the guests are in a no-win situation?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:22 
Sleepyhead

It will stop early if every win condition is non-alterable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:24 
Master of dodgy spelling....

can we have teh folder changerd from mafia scum to wedding scum?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:24 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

No.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:25 
UltraMod

KovacsC wrote:
can we have teh folder changerd from mafia scum to wedding scum?

You mean the sub-forum name? It includes all the old games, though. We don't usually change it for themed games.

I tried to change the dead zone name before we started, but it appears that only Grim... can do stuff like that now.

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]