Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Night Nine - Tension
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 13:13 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

We're down to the wire, then.
It's getting tense!
Malc won't be feeling the tension, though - he's not here. He was a Ghost.

Night nine (!) ends at midday Monday.

[playerlist]
Mimi
Mr Dave
Mr Russell
Runcle
zaphod79
[/playerlist]

With 5 players alive, 3 votes are required for a lynch, and 4 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Post subject: Re: Night Nine - Tension
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 13:20 
Awesome
Yes

Wooh yeah!

We'll have to be bloody unlucky to lose now. 3 ghosts, a gb, and Dana left but Dana doesn't know who the other gb is so can still lynch them

also I would just like to point out how incredibly awesome I am for fingering mr Dom actually as Egon when I said he was a gb. Thank you very much!

So who was in cahoots with craster and mr Dom then?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 13:35 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Okay - a good day yesterday for us but i think we had our 4 ghosts all voting out the GB , so its down to two :

Runcle
Mr Russell

*dont* vote for them please - just in case i'm wrong - i'd like to sort this out today but we have time (although i expect little to happen over the weekend)

I'm going to look back to see who voted for people in the past but i think one of them is the Gatekeeper and the other is the other GB , if we hit the GB , I take it we dont have to hit the other human because things could just sit there forever ?

If we hit the wrong one , the GB kills overnight and tomorrow its 2 ghosts against 1 buster.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 13:39 
Awesome
Yes

But the gb could hit Dana. Which would inactivate them for another night

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 13:41 
8-Bit Champion

From yesterday

Mr Russell wrote:
joans you suspicious acting idiot.

[vote:mr Dom] for being Egon

I'd like to say congratulations (i'm now going back to raking through the previous threads)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 13:45 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Russell wrote:
But the gb could hit Dana. Which would inactivate them for another night

See the thing is the buster is more likely to hit me or Mr Dave as I think its pretty obvious we're ghosts (if Mr Dave is actually the other buster he deserves to win - he gave us the clues to get one of them yesterday)

*if* you are not the buster (and your post yesterday suggests your not) , then you are either the gatekeeper (possibly) , or Mimi is (hard to buy but why would she even vote - if yesterday timed out her side won)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 13:49 
Time Out for Fun

zaphod79 wrote:
From yesterday

Mr Russell wrote:
joans you suspicious acting idiot.

[vote:mr Dom] for being Egon

I'd like to say congratulations (i'm now going back to raking through the previous threads)

I found that vote a bit suspicious yesterday with russell actually naming MrDom's character which made me think he could possibly be the other GB. I dont think it would be that far-fetched, he would be seen as looking innocent for rest of the game because of it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 13:54 
Awesome
Yes

But at the time I was initiating the vote which would be damn stupid if anyone had taken me up on it

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 13:56 
Awesome
Yes

Zaphid you say mr dave gave us the clues to get the other buster

what clues please?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 14:00 
Time Out for Fun

Mr Russell wrote:
But at the time I was initiating the vote which would be damn stupid if anyone had taken me up on it

Actually read back the day and mr dom voting for you does suggest your innocent, although I guess the two GB's could vote for each other to cause confusion. Anyway I know Im a ghosty, and mr doms voting suggests you and mimi are ghosties which leaves mr dave and zaphod, who zaphod claims are most ghostly around.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 14:05 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Russell wrote:
Zaphid you say mr dave gave us the clues to get the other buster

what clues please?

He was the one that saw that there were enough votes for Mr Dom , that if he was a simple ghost then the two GB's could have both voted for him (we're down a ghost) then if they had killed anyone but the Gatekeeper last night they would have won (i think they have ample people they have marked as ghosts to do that)

By spotting it you could work out that one of the three people there (Mimi / Mr Dom / Malc) was a buster , Malc was that confused that he obviously wasnt one so it came down then to either Mimi or Mr Dom.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 14:10 
Paws for thought

Runcle wrote:
I know Im a ghosty

Any particular evidence? Or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 14:15 
Time Out for Fun

Mr Dave wrote:
Runcle wrote:
I know Im a ghosty

Any particular evidence? Or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

Not really except for bobbyaro thinking I was a ghostie, which possibly means he role-blocked me one night.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 14:15 
Awesome
Yes

No. I think runcle might be the other gb now. Reading back yesterday after knowing mr Dom is a gb anyway

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 14:16 
Time Out for Fun

[vote:mr dave]

mr doms voting suggests mr russell and mimi are ghosts, whilst I think zaphod has been way too helpful to be anything but a ghost so it only leaves mr dave.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 14:22 
Paws for thought

Runcle wrote:
[vote:mr dave]

zaphod79 wrote:
*dont* vote for them please - just in case i'm wrong - i'd like to sort this out today but we have time (although i expect little to happen over the weekend)

Sigh.

Do I really need to spell out my case that I'm not a ghostbuster? Really? Ok. Will do.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 14:27 
Paws for thought

Ok. Day 3, Voted for Craster long before he got near the end.
Day 4, Bobby said I was probably a ghost, having already said on day 2 that I was suspicious. That's quite a u-turn.
Day 8, I provide the information that we must have at least one GB in 3. Which transformed the day into a search through 3 rather than 6.
Day 8, I vote for Mr Dom to kill him despite the day being so close to timing out, where were I a GB, I could've won by letting it

So yeah, I look really guilty.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 14:31 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dave wrote:
Do I really need to spell out my case that I'm not a ghostbuster? Really? Ok. Will do.

I dont think you need to spell out your case to Runcle

I'm looking at it thinking Runcle is the GB , but i'm confused over the gatekeeper , it *could* be Mr Russell , or Mimi (if its Mimi then yesterday was quite a big mistake from her - so that makes it more likely that its Mr Russell since he didnt vote in the end)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 14:38 
Time Out for Fun

I can only say I really am a ghost and were fucked if you go for me.
I've been swayed by MrDave, again part of my proof of being a ghost is bobbyaros list.

[vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 14:40 

I knew (Ok, highly suspected) he was a GB. He was too determined to try and off me because he could see that I had the most solid alibi after that of Cpt. Droman and knew he wanted to off me for that. Will check back in a little later when I have a wee bit more time, just wanted to say good going.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 15:38 
8-Bit Champion

So despite all my previous concerns over Mr Russell - i've went through Mr Dom's posts since Day 3:

From yesterday

Mr Dom wrote:
It is strangely quite... like a ghost town...
Anyway - Mr Russell not only didn't vote for Craster, but also intimated that we were bandwaggoning, which I see as trying to get one or two people to drop their votes. I have been muttering this for the past few days...

Day before :

Mr Dom wrote:
I'm gonna be AFK all tomorrow, so would be nice if we can come up with some sort of plan.
Mr Russell is still firmly on my FoS list for opposing the Craster lynch, so...
[vote: Mr Russell]

Day 5 :

Mr Dom wrote:
I like that reasoning, tho they could be SKs - in which case the sliming could have saved us from Mr StayPuft.
I am kind of intrigued as to what I have said that is suspicious, but my money is still on Mr Russell for seeming to try & save Craster. He didn't vote yesterday either which looks to me like someone trying to lay low.

Day 4 :

Mr Dom wrote:
Bugger...
but on the other hand - we got a GB! yay!
My FoS is pointing at Mr Russell, who complained that 'the last people bandwagoned' when it was getting close to dawn & cras was the only suspect close enough to lynch, like he was trying to scare some people into backing off Cras...
[vote: Mr Russell]

Day 3 :
Mr Dom wrote:
Grrr.. dunno what Ive done to look like a GB.
Runcle - I wasn't around for most of day 3, and when I did get back there were only a few hours to go and it looked close to noone getting possessed. I have to confess I have no particular reason to suspect Craster, in fact there are a few others I suspect more - most notable Mr Russell for seemingly trying to stop the Craster lynch.

Only other thing I'm reasonably sure of is that Runcle is a ghost as the coins came quick this time ;)

So i'm convinved he's not the buster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 19:21 
Awesome
Yes

Ooh and the last line of that is support for Runcle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:25 
Time Out for Fun

Again, its late, and I can see why people think I'm the last GB but really im not. Im not the gatekeeper or whatevers left.
Come on, on day 2 or 3 I was asking people what the roles of the baddies were because I hadn't been arsed to read them since I had no actions myself.
I think thats the reason I might of looked suspicious to bobbyaro, and hence why he reckoned I was a ghost, probably through role block.

I always thought I would look suspicious mainly because I never voted for either of the GBs. But I never really voted for anyone because I was never sure of voting for them. But Mr Russell never voted for either as well, and I also think I was after Mr Dom for the lynch at one point as well so if Mr Russell is innocent for voting for mr dom surely I've the same case.

I'm putting all this out now because I know I'll miss the morning, (actually I've just checked and it says the day ends midday monday but fuck it I've typed it now). but anyway I know we'll lose the game probably if I get lynched here and I am really trying to show you shouldn't do it.

Also I miss most the action and thus quiet (well apart from being disllusioned by Mr Chris taking the game into his own hands and being gobsmacked.) because you do most of it during the morning, I haven't seen before half 10 in over a fortnight.

But anyway lynch me and we lose the game unless the GB busts the gatekeeper.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:01 
8-Bit Champion

I have a long post to go up in a minute but i thought i'd answer some of this first :

Runcle wrote:
Again, its late, and I can see why people think I'm the last GB but really im not. Im not the gatekeeper or whatevers left.
Come on, on day 2 or 3 I was asking people what the roles of the baddies were because I hadn't been arsed to read them since I had no actions myself.

Not good for a ghost , with no actions you need to know whats going on and what might happen , so your saying your just an incompetent ghost ?

Runcle wrote:
I think thats the reason I might of looked suspicious to bobbyaro, and hence why he reckoned I was a ghost, probably through role block.

Bobbys list of ghost? was too many for him to actually have blocked some of those were his own guesswork

Runcle wrote:
I always thought I would look suspicious mainly because I never voted for either of the GBs. But I never really voted for anyone because I was never sure of voting for them. But Mr Russell never voted for either as well, and I also think I was after Mr Dom for the lynch at one point as well so if Mr Russell is innocent for voting for mr dom surely I've the same case.

See the thing is , yesterday was right down to the wire , and you didnt even take part , i suppose thats again comming back to you saying your an incompetent ghost, for both the busters and the gatekeeper a timeout was better for them

Runcle wrote:
I'm putting all this out now because I know I'll miss the morning, (actually I've just checked and it says the day ends midday monday but fuck it I've typed it now). but anyway I know we'll lose the game probably if I get lynched here and I am really trying to show you shouldn't do it.

If you are a ghost and we lynch you - your correct , the game is over *if* your the Gatekeeper then it isnt over as tomorrow there will be 2 ghosts and 1 buster and it still might go the wrong way but it isnt the end

Runcle wrote:
Also I miss most the action and thus quiet (well apart from being disllusioned by Mr Chris taking the game into his own hands and being gobsmacked.) because you do most of it during the morning, I haven't seen before half 10 in over a fortnight.

Most of the days timed out at 12 not 10 and a lot of them went to the last few minutes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:04 
8-Bit Champion

Okay , I'd like to get the votes sorted out at the weekend , because for all i know i'll get into work on Monday morning and find loads of problems which i have to deal with which could keep me away from here .

We have 5 players left

3xghosts
1xgatekeeper
1xbuster

if you just went randomly the odds of hitting

Buster = 20%
Gatekeeper = 20%
Ghost = 60%

Most of the real information here comes out of yesterday , I'm certain Mr Dave is a ghost , he's posted his comments earlier in the thread , and as far as i'm concerned he didnt need to come back at all yesterday , he was gone , he could even have came in and posted 'i'm not feeling great but i'll have a look' and nothing else , the day times out and the busters win

For the other ghost right now my moneys on Mimi because she took part yesterday , voted (for the right person) and when it came down to it was there.

Its very hard for me to prove my Ghostlyness however , if you look over the end of yesterday i'm sure i could have voted for Mimi and i think Mr Dave would have gone along with me , I was also an early voter for Craster.

For the other two

Mr Russell , I've been suspicious off for a lot of the game (so have a number of other people although they are mostly dead now) , but he voted early for Mr Dom yesterday (and then backed off when i said it would be better to wait) , slightly suspicious that he didn't join in at all at the end and then didn't vote , that makes me think he's probably the gatekeeper (if all 4 ghosts didn't vote for the same person yesterday then the day would timeout and the busters would 'probably' win) , its also possible he is the other buster and Mr Dom's continual harassment of him over the previous days was just building up a defense since there wasn't any time that he was actually in danger of a lynch (i dont buy one of the busters being that negative towards the other but i suppose its possible)

Runcle, has been quiet for most of the game , didn't vote for Craster at the start of the game , and didnt vote for Mr Dom yesterday , he did vote yesterday for Mr Dave which given what he did seems really odd (Vote Mr Dave because no-one suspects him) then came straight on here and voted for him again today - hes the most suspicious just now and if we were putting votes in mine would be for him.

Separate thing , Mimi you posted about how i've said at times "this must be the way things were" when you couldn't see why this was any more than a guess - for most of those posts i'm simply trying to work things out and if you take the first part of things as 'true' then the others all logically follow on , as an example yesterday i realised that the chances are that Runcle or Mr Russell was the other GB because everyone else was accounted for , however when Malc challenged me for why , i then realised the part that worked for me (i know i'm a ghost) doesn't work for everyone else - hence the 'trust me' part of that thread , for you (since i think your the other ghost) you need to decide who to back between me / Runcle / Mr Russell.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 13:32 
Time Out for Fun

zaphod79 wrote:
Runcle wrote:

Most of the days timed out at 12 not 10 and a lot of them went to the last few minutes

Oh I know that I was just saying I haven't been awake before then, actually thats a lie I was a couple of times for work. But usually I wake up at 12ish. I would say I have been a very incompetentghost but a ghost nethertheless. You really need to go for someone else from me because Im one of them 3.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 14:22 
8-Bit Champion

Runcle wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Runcle wrote:

Oh I know that I was just saying I haven't been awake before then, actually thats a lie I was a couple of times for work. But usually I wake up at 12ish. I would say I have been a very incompetentghost but a ghost nethertheless. You really need to go for someone else from me because Im one of them 3.

So if your one of them three , why didnt you take part yesterday , and why did one of the GB / the gatekeeper vote for a buster when they could just not have voted and the day would have timed out ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 15:34 
Time Out for Fun

zaphod79 wrote:
Runcle wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Runcle wrote:

So if your one of them three , why didnt you take part yesterday , and why did one of the GB / the gatekeeper vote for a buster when they could just not have voted and the day would have timed out ?

Because I woke up at half 12 yesterday, because I went to bed late as hell.

This is based on the gatekeeper knowing who the GBs are, which Im not sure about, in the rules it says their win condition changes and they cant communicate with the GBs but it doesnt say that they find out who the GBs are. As for why they would vote Im really not sure but it would make sense if the gatekeeper doesnt know the identities and had voted for Mr Dom.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 18:59 
Awesome
Yes

Fuck yeah zaphod you've cracked it!!!

If a gb or Dana voted to kill mr Dom yesterday that would have been stupid because otherwise the day times out

the only people not to vote for mr Dom at the end of the day were me and runcle so either me or him are a gb. I wasn't around to cast a vote by that point but previously had voted for mr Dom but that's all you have to go on to trust me

that must mean then that runcle is a gb!

Unless! It was another super cunning bluff and the gbs decided to sacrifice mr Dom thereby removing suspicion for the rest of the game and letting them pick us off at night

in the former case though super FOS at runcle.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 19:13 
8-Bit Champion

Runcle wrote:
This is based on the gatekeeper knowing who the GBs are, which Im not sure about, in the rules it says their win condition changes and they cant communicate with the GBs but it doesnt say that they find out who the GBs are. As for why they would vote Im really not sure but it would make sense if the gatekeeper doesnt know the identities and had voted for Mr Dom.

I appreciate given the rest of the game i'm taking a big step here , but can we assume the gatekeeper can count ? , if they can their best action yesterday was not to vote , voting just means theres a chance they may have sided with the ghosts against a buster , if they didnt vote then *all* the ghosts needed to line up against the right person.

Mr Russell , yes its possible that one of the GB's sided against the other , again though whats the point , they could have both voted for any ghosts - or for no-one they didnt need to risk things yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 19:16 
Awesome
Yes

Exactly. There was no point in a gb voting the other off so the last gb must be either me or runcle. Squee!

[vote:Runcle]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 19:20 
Time Out for Fun

But that would suggest your the gatekeeper mr russell.
Looking back to see if MrRussell was playing yesterday morning shows he was also absent.

I also saw a sentence where MrDom is suspect with me and mr russell. Which is apparently one of the reaons mr russell is innocent.

Can we find out if the ghostbusters and the gatekeeper knew who each other are?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 19:35 
Time Out for Fun

Right Im going out.

Theres two scenarios to me, and one is based on the ghostbusters knowing the gate keeper, and the other is where they dont.

I think the first one is highly unlikely since there would have been 3 of them and none would of voted for each other. Which would suggest me and Mr Russell are the last two bad guys. Although for 2/3 days I wanted to lynch MrRussell which doesnt make sense in the slightest.

I think the later scenario makes more sense, mainly because I know I'm a ghost and it makes no sense for the bad guys to vote for each other. This would mean that the gatekeeper is within the voting for MrDom, which Zaphod thinks isn't plausible but the gatekeeper may have thought MrDom was a ghost, getting a ghost yesterday would have killed the game and the gatekeeper had about a 57% chance of getting a ghost.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 20:40 
8-Bit Champion

Runcle wrote:
Right Im going out.

Theres two scenarios to me, and one is based on the ghostbusters knowing the gate keeper, and the other is where they dont.

I think the first one is highly unlikely since there would have been 3 of them and none would of voted for each other. Which would suggest me and Mr Russell are the last two bad guys. Although for 2/3 days I wanted to lynch MrRussell which doesnt make sense in the slightest.

I think the later scenario makes more sense, mainly because I know I'm a ghost and it makes no sense for the bad guys to vote for each other. This would mean that the gatekeeper is within the voting for MrDom, which Zaphod thinks isn't plausible but the gatekeeper may have thought MrDom was a ghost, getting a ghost yesterday would have killed the game and the gatekeeper had about a 57% chance of getting a ghost.

I agree with your logic , however we dont need to hit the gatekeeper we need to hit the buster :-)

The Busters *DO NOT KNOW* who the gatekeeper is , and the Gatekeeper *DOES NOT KNOW* who the busters are.

Our choices today :

If we lynch a buster we win.
If we lynch the gatekeeper we have another go tomorrow (there will be 2 ghosts left plus 1 buster).
If we lynch a ghost we've lost.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 20:42 
8-Bit Champion

Runcle wrote:
This would mean that the gatekeeper is within the voting for MrDom, which Zaphod thinks isn't plausible but the gatekeeper may have thought MrDom was a ghost

I've said previously that Mimi might be the gatekeeper , however it does not matter , even if we knew 100% who the gatekeeper is we need to go for the buster.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 23:48 
Awesome
Yes

Have we definitely lost if we hit a ghost? Maybe not because the last gb could hit the gatekeeper overnight

even if they then hit a ghost the remaining ghost and gatekeeper could still lynch the last gb the next day

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 23:55 
Paws for thought

Yes - the required majority would be met, and so no night would occur.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 0:02 
Awesome
Yes

That seems a shame being that Dana and the gb don't know each other and so could lynch the gb by accident

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 0:21 
Paws for thought

Think about it for a moment. If they can't be lynched without either voting, why would they vote?

It's so obvious, I'm wondering why you're asking.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:11 
Time Out for Fun

zaphod79 wrote:
Runcle wrote:
This would mean that the gatekeeper is within the voting for MrDom, which Zaphod thinks isn't plausible but the gatekeeper may have thought MrDom was a ghost

I've said previously that Mimi might be the gatekeeper , however it does not matter , even if we knew 100% who the gatekeeper is we need to go for the buster.

I know that and I'm not the buster hence why I said the gatekeeper is probably within the voting for Mr Dom because it makes no sense for the buster to vote for him.

Also you mention mimi as a possible gatekeeper, I wouldnt rule out Mr Dave.
Again Im sure Mr Russell is the GB because Im a ghost.
As for Mr Dave logic to why he is a ghost doesnt mean he cant be the gatekeeper.

Ok. Day 3, Voted for Craster long before he got near the end. (Craster was a GB he wouldnt have known this.)
Day 4, Bobby said I was probably a ghost, having already said on day 2 that I was suspicious. That's quite a u-turn. (If bobbyaro did investigate him nothing would have happened)
Day 8, I provide the information that we must have at least one GB in 3. Which transformed the day into a search through 3 rather than 6.
Day 8, I vote for Mr Dom to kill him despite the day being so close to timing out, where were I a GB, I could've won by letting it. (These two together, you may have been worried about voting for Mr Dave because you were unsure yourself if he was good or not, and gambled for a quicker win.)

The latter seems less likely but I know the gatekeeper must be within the four that voted for Mr Dom.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:18 
Paws for thought

Runcle wrote:
As for Mr Dave logic to why he is a ghost doesnt mean he cant be the gatekeeper.

Actually, you'll find it works perfectly well for that too.

Quote:
Ok. Day 3, Voted for Craster long before he got near the end. (Craster was a GB he wouldnt have known this.)
Day 4, Bobby said I was probably a ghost, having already said on day 2 that I was suspicious. That's quite a u-turn. (If bobbyaro did investigate him nothing would have happened)

Correct and correct, neither day 3 or 4 rule me out being the gatekeeper. Still not the gatekeeper thought, because...

Quote:
Day 8, I vote for Mr Dom to kill him despite the day being so close to timing out, where were I a GB, I could've won by letting it.

If I were the gatekeeper, then by voting for Mr Dom, I threw away a certain win - If the game timed out, the only way I could lose if I were the gatekeeper was to have the GBs target me. If I were gatekeeper, I'd announce who I was as the game timed out, rather than voting.

Quote:
(These two together, you may have been worried about voting for Mr Dave because you were unsure yourself if he was good or not, and gambled for a quicker win.)

You're quite right, I would be worried about voting for Mr Dave. But I am sure I know if I'm good or not. :P

See, regardless of anything, you'd have to consider me a complete cretin to believe I'd vote for a ghostbuster as the day was about to time out if I wanted them to win.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:48 
Paws for thought

Ok, the way I see it:

Mr Russ

Reasons for innocence:
Mr Dom went for him, and he voted for Mr Dom.

Proof for guilt:
Spat could've been staged in order to provide some alibi for whichever died, seeing as it was becoming increasingly hard to find a place to hide. Neither of them kept their vote afterall, and a vote that early in potentially the deciding day is never going to lead to a quick lynch.

Mimi:

Reasons for innocence:
Voted for Mr Dom.
Bobby thought she was GB, and yet no GBs were ever blocked. Possibly blocked on his final night.

Reasons for guilt:
Not much, really. Only possible reason is that voting for Dom gives an alibi, but that's really weak.

Runcle:

Reasons for innocence:
Bobby thought he was a ghost/Gatekeeper. Roleblocked?

Reasons for guilt:
Never voted for a GB.
Never targeted by a GB.

Me:

Reasons for innocence:
Voted for Mr Dom at a time where not voting would've meant a win.
Bobbys U-Turn about me being suspicious. Roleblocked?
Useful information about how to catch a ghostbuster.

Reasons for guilt:
Never targeted by a ghostbuster.

Zaphod:

Reasons for innocence:
Voted for Mr Dom at a time where not voting would've meant a win.
Generally ghosty in finding and using information.
Bobby thought Ghost. Roleblocked?

Reasons for guilt:
Never targeted by a ghostbuster (Only thing I remember is Craster being miffed that Zaphod had added in an incorrect "Kalmar" to his list of votes)

This is hard - everyone has some kind of reason for innocence, some more convincing than others.
I know I can rule out myself, and I'm currently 100% sure Zaphod can't be a bad guy, for the same reason that he'd have to be monumentally stupid to vote for Mr Dom as the game was about to time out if he was, and he clearly isn't.
Futhermore, Malc said "I think I'd rather go for Mr Dom, but might switch to Mimi if needed" so had either of us wanted to change to Mimi, or at least to confuse matters by trying to change, it was possible.
Mimi, as noted, doesn't really have a decent reason to think her guilty, and fairly good reasons for innocence.
Russ has what would normally be a convincing reason for innocence, but given the way the GBs have played, and that the amount of unknown ghosts was dwindling fast, I wouldn't rule out staging a spat to give an alibi, just in case one of them died.
Runcle has by far the weakest case on the face of it. But even then it's tricky. Of the 3 people Bobby said were 'ghost?', Both me and Runcle didn't really look all that ghosty from what was going on publicly, whereas Zaphod did.

if we hit the GB, we've won, ('Ghosts possess all the GhostBusters and at least one of Dana or Louis' )
if we hit a ghost, we lose, as there's no longer a way for us to kill the GB or GK, and they can still kill us.
if we hit the GK, we get another turn, but with only 3 people remaining.

So my guesses for GK & GB are Russ and Runcle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:18 
Awesome
Yes

Well obviously I'm not going to say any other, but I'm neither the ghostbuster nor the serial killer. I'm the ghost of christmas future.

I've still held off voting all today though because like you say, we can't hit a ghost

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:35 
8-Bit Champion

I agree pretty much with Mr Dave's post above , so to check :

Runcle , your happy to vote for Mr Russell ?
Mr Russell , your happy to vote for Runcle ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:43 
Awesome
Yes

I'm happy to vote for Runcle IF we can get something definitive that he's a ghostbuster.
We can't take the risk that he's actually a ghost.

I'm going to be going and reading some archives now. I have McDonalds WiFi and a fast connection for once. Wooooooo!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:56 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Russell wrote:
I'm happy to vote for Runcle IF we can get something definitive that he's a ghostbuster.
We can't take the risk that he's actually a ghost.

Interesting , what proof do you think is out there (other than Runcle coming on and saying "I'm a buster") , and as for "we cant take the risk" , its going to be a risk whoever we vote for but we need to vote - Mr Dave missed out on one other set of permutations which is

Day times out , Buster hits a ghost - we lose
Day times out , Buster hits the Gatekeeper (so is blocked next night) we get 2 more goes to try and pin them down.

However the Buster is going to take out either me or Mr Dave (I'm surprised Mr Dave made it through last night - i'd have though he was more obvious to go for than Malc) - so a no-lynch for today is a loss for the ghosts.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:17 
Awesome
Yes

Well looking back at voting patterns, Mr Dave was nearly always in the majority group at the end of each day, but he did help nail Mr Dom yesterday wen a timeout would have been better.

Maybe you're playing the best bluff in history Zaphod.

I am fucking clueless basically, but I'm going to have to [vote:Runcle] and really, really apologise if that loses us the game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:22 
Paws for thought

zaphod79 wrote:
However the Buster is going to take out either me or Mr Dave (I'm surprised Mr Dave made it through last night - i'd have though he was more obvious to go for than Malc) - so a no-lynch for today is a loss for the ghosts.

I have to admit a certain amount of surprise too. I figured it was due to Malc being the first and therefore most 'ghosty' of the four people who voted for Mr Dom, wheras I was the last. On face value, that makes me quite vulnerable to accusations of just voting to cover up guilt, whereas Malc would never be suspected of being anything other than a ghost after that.

I'd guess the GB didn't consider the implications of the timing of the vote.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:53 
Time Out for Fun

Mr Dave wrote:
Runcle wrote:

Actually, you'll find it works perfectly well for that too.

Quote:

Correct and correct, neither day 3 or 4 rule me out being the gatekeeper. Still not the gatekeeper thought, because...

Quote:
Day 8, I vote for Mr Dom to kill him despite the day being so close to timing out, where were I a GB, I could've won by letting it.

If I were the gatekeeper, then by voting for Mr Dom, I threw away a certain win - If the game timed out, the only way I could lose if I were the gatekeeper was to have the GBs target me. If I were gatekeeper, I'd announce who I was as the game timed out, rather than voting.

Quote:
(These two together, you may have been worried about voting for Mr Dave because you were unsure yourself if he was good or not, and gambled for a quicker win.)

You're quite right, I would be worried about voting for Mr Dave. But I am sure I know if I'm good or not. :P

See, regardless of anything, you'd have to consider me a complete cretin to believe I'd vote for a ghostbuster as the day was about to time out if I wanted them to win.

But one of the 4 who voted is the gatekeeper, Im positive, I just can't work out why they would vote other than they really thought MrDom was a ghost.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 13:01 
Time Out for Fun

zaphod79 wrote:
I agree pretty much with Mr Dave's post above , so to check :

Runcle , your happy to vote for Mr Russell ?
Mr Russell , your happy to vote for Runcle ?

Yes, I really cant stress enough Im a ghost.
MrRussell is so eager hes even voted for me twice.

Anyway really please vote for Mr Russell, Im really positive hes the GB. If he ends up as the GK you can lynch me the next day because there'd still be 3 characters left.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next