Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Night Eight - Crunch Time
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:47 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Zap. Bang. No more Cpt_Droman, who was a Ghost. No real surprise.
Rise and spook, Ghosties!

Night eight ends at midday tomorrow (Friday).

[playerlist]
Malc
Mimi
Mr Dave
Mr Dom
Mr Russell
Runcle
zaphod79
[/playerlist]

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch, and 5 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Post subject: Re: Night Eight - Crunch Time
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:50 
Awesome
Yes

joans you suspicious acting idiot.

[vote:mr Dom] for being Egon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:51 
Isn't that lovely?

We Need to get a GB this lynch, I think it's fair to say that at least one of them voted for Joans, so someone with more time than me cross reference that to the "6" (I know I'm in both of those camps)

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:58 
Time Out for Fun

[vote:mr russell]

pretty sure hes something.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:03 
Awesome
Yes

Runcle wrote:
[vote:mr russell]

Yeah, I'm the mafia don. Fuck off.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:04 
What's this bit for exactly?

HMmmm.. this is going close to the wire...
Now we've lost the last reliable ghost, I gotta stick to my guns:
[vote: Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:06 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Holdon holdon --- STOP !!!

There are 2 people who can chain onto some mis-placed votes - we have until tomorrow - stop voting for people - FOS or talk or say you want to vote but stop voting !!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:06 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

mr dom: 1 (Mr Russell)
mr russell: 2 (Runcle, Mr Dom)

Not voted: 4 (malc, mimi, mr dave, zaphod79)

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch, and 5 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:07 
8-Bit Champion

Grim... wrote:
VOTE UPDATE

mr dom: 1 (Mr Russell)
mr russell: 2 (Runcle, Mr Dom)

Not voted: 4 (malc, mimi, mr dave, zaphod79)

So if Mr Russell is a ghost - and 2 of the others come along he's gone - we cant let that happen because we kill a ghost today they kill a ghost overnight and we're out

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:12 
Time Out for Fun

[vote:unvote]

fair enough.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:13 
8-Bit Champion

Malc wrote:
We Need to get a GB this lynch, I think it's fair to say that at least one of them voted for Joans, so someone with more time than me cross reference that to the "6" (I know I'm in both of those camps)

Malc

Votes for Joans : Mr Russell, zaphod79, Malc, Cpt_Droman, Mr Dom

The ones who didnt vote for Craster : joans, kalmar, kovacsc, malc, mr russell, runcle

Its you and Mr Russell that are in both lists , he's at the top of my suspects list (i had voted for him yesterday) , but i'm not voting right now because that could end the whole game.

Remember as well the GB's have now got to take a risk and may hit the Gatekeeper (depending on what else happens this might just be our get out of containment free card)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:19 
8-Bit Champion

Runcle wrote:
[vote:unvote]

fair enough.

Thank you , okay - your going for Mr Russell , why ?

Runcle wrote:

You have been pretty quiet this game (although the coins came out early normally a good sign : :) )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:24 
Isn't that lovely?

zaphod79 wrote:
Malc wrote:

Malc

Votes for Joans : Mr Russell, zaphod79, Malc, Cpt_Droman, Mr Dom

The ones who didnt vote for Craster : joans, kalmar, kovacsc, malc, mr russell, runcle

Its you and Mr Russell that are in both lists , he's at the top of my suspects list (i had voted for him yesterday) , but i'm not voting right now because that could end the whole game.

Remember as well the GB's have now got to take a risk and may hit the Gatekeeper (depending on what else happens this might just be our get out of containment free card)

I'm begining to wonder about Craster, he topped himself, he knew he was going away, and that perhaps presented the ideal opportunity for both GBs to vote for him.

I wonder then if we've been going about this the wrong way, afterall, there's surely a 50/50 chance we should have hit a GB by now (possibly flawed logic there, not sure)

I wonder if all 3 GBs were in the people that voted for craster.

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:27 
Isn't that lovely?

If that were the case then that would leave: zaphod79, Mr Dave, Mr Dom, Mimi

2 out of those...

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:28 
Isn't that lovely?

I have no idea which one to go with out of them tho...

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:32 

Fair enough :)
[vote: unvote]
FoS Mr Russell from me for the Craster incident.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:33 
Isn't that lovely?

I think Mr Dave, as he's the one been pushing this whole "six" thing as if it was the most important thing in the game.

So yeah, Mr Dave, I chose you!

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:49 
Awesome
Yes

[vote:unvote] while we work stuff out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 13:47 
8-Bit Champion

Malc wrote:
I think Mr Dave, as he's the one been pushing this whole "six" thing as if it was the most important thing in the game.

So yeah, Mr Dave, I chose you!

Malc

I think i'm also guilty of that , the craster stuff is important but it shouldnt be the only thing we're looking at here.

While i'm typing we also need to be looking at the end game right now - there are 7 players left and its a 4 / 3 split in favour of the town.

If we lynch a ghost tonight , the GB's kill a ghost then we've 5 players and 3 of them are on the GB's side so a winning vote is impossible

If we lynch the Gatekeeper , the GB's will kill a ghost and we've 5 players 2 of them are GB's :
- next day if we get the GB / they kill overnight leaves 3 and its 2 against 1 but the wrong choice means the GB's win
- next day we lynch a ghost / they kill overnight and leaves 3 players 2 of GB's

If we lynch a GB tonight , the GB's kill a ghost and we've 5 players 1 gb and 1 gatekeeper it can all get messy :-)

If we lynch a GB tonight and the GB's kill the gatekeeper then we've 5 players 4 x ghosts and a single buster who cannot kill the next night (our best option)

I know i said we shouldnt throw votes around but we should not be sitting here doing nothing until 11:30 tomorrow when its a "oh sh8t we've got to vote now - quick pick someone" - some people had to go off and do things but we need to keep things moving

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 16:19 
8-Bit Champion

So 2.5 hours later - nothing.

I dont expect to see anything here from Mr Dave (and i do believe his reasonings behind that) , Mimi was going out and i'm sure will be around tonight but what about the rest of you ? - is this it ?

Everyone was jumping in earlier to get their votes in for Mr Russell and Mr Dom , why those 2 ? , what have they done which makes them dodgy ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 17:11 

It is strangely quite... like a ghost town...
Anyway - Mr Russell not only didn't vote for Craster, but also intimated that we were bandwaggoning, which I see as trying to get one or two people to drop their votes. I have been muttering this for the past few days...

As to the list business.. I would seriously doubt both other GBs voted for craster. If they did then they managed to screw it up pretty well - as without their votes it probably wouldn't have been a lynch (this is ignoring Crasters vote as the good Captain was there at the end with the last one anyway). So best guess is one GB did, and one didn't.

So on that basis, my pick from each list - Mr Russell and probably Mimi:
I don't buy her 'I was probably slimed' business, as there is no proof Slimer did slime her, and it does not stop her being the SK anyway - and so it is a bit of a thin excuse to repeatedly hide behind.
It's the repeatedly part that is getting my ectoplasm all twitchy...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 17:19 
Isn't that lovely?

Mr Dom wrote:
Anyway - Mr Russell not only didn't vote for Craster, but also intimated that we were bandwaggoning, which I see as trying to get one or two people to drop their votes. I have been muttering this for the past few days...

As to the list business.. I would seriously doubt both other GBs voted for craster. If they did then they managed to screw it up pretty well - as without their votes it probably wouldn't have been a lynch (this is ignoring Crasters vote as the good Captain was there at the end with the last one anyway). So best guess is one GB did, and one didn't.

I don't buy her 'I was probably slimed' business, as there is no proof Slimer did slime her, and it does not stop her being the SK anyway - and so it is a bit of a thin excuse to repeatedly hide behind.

As you seem to be ignoring what I said about why 2 GBs would vote for craster, I think this post makes you quite guilty.

The reason why 3 GBs would vote for craster is to establish innocence, if Craster was going to be out of the game essentially anyway, why not deliberatly kill him, and then point and say: "well I must be innocent, I helped kill a GB"

and if one you gets caught anyway, you can then say: " well there is no way all of the GBs voted for one of their own, and most people would agree, but I think it's the fact that craster cast the deciding vote, that sets my alarm bells ringing that this perhaps could be something they would have done.

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 17:22 
Isn't that lovely?

Mr Dom, Mimi and craster were the last 3 to vote for craster, I would suggest they are the GBs.

As such [vote:Mr Dom]

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 17:53 

Hullo folk. Sorry about having to leave earlier.

Right, I have only had a cursory glance, but a couple of things:
Quote:
Mr Dom, Mimi and craster were the last 3 to vote for craster, I would suggest they are the GBs.

I don't think that makes any sense. There were only a couple of seconds left of the day. I cannot fathom why Craster voted for himself when it was literally the last minute, but why, three votes away from a lynch, would three ghostbusters all say 'I know, if we all sit back and do nothing, Craster will get off, but no lets all lynch him'. Your reasoning there is flawed. Also, Mr Dom says this:

Quote:

I doubt he'd be trying to convince people to vote for me if he were on the same side as me. His whole "I don't buy her reasoning bit because she has repeated it' is lame. Of course I have repeated it, it makes total sense, and he seems to be trying to lessen its worth by basically saying that I have said it too many times. Can we prove that Bobbyarro role-blocked me for his day action? No, but his adamance that I was a ghostbuster at the end of his day, repeated and completely unretracted over and over makes it as close to a certainty as you are ever goign to get in this game. I have said it a few times, yes, because it so pretty obvious yet some people (GBs?) keep handily glossing over it, so really 'Mr Dom's pick from each list' carry about as much water as a sieve. I can reason that Bobbyarro as close to certainly as possible role-blocked me, Mr Dom is relying on what reasoning that he is not a GB?

I was suspicious of Mr Russell because he kept on providing long lists of people he 'thought' might be GBs selectively picking out bits of evidence and ignoring what seemed to me to be more obvious points, but then I think it is natural to suspect people that seem to be trying to have you voted off when you know you're innocent and think that it should be pretty obvious to others that you are as well. So, with that in mind I am going to put a vote in now in case things change before I get back. I will try and pop back on later in the evening, but I have a busy evening and when I get some free time I want to play a bit more Beatles Rockband with George Harrison and John Lennon.

[vote: Mr Dom]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 18:06 

Hmmm... so much for the discuss it before throwing votes around..

My defence - don't really have one. I have tried my best to be helpful, and I would rather we didn't cock this up by possessing a ghost today.

I'm gonna have to upgrade my fos to a FoS on Mimi now.

& Malc... reading back over your post I see what you are getting at, it gives a decent motive to Craster voting for himself. I thought it was a 'sod it I'm going anyway' stroppy vote as he went but yeah, if it was planned earlier to give alibis at this stage then it makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 19:17 
Awesome
Yes

On the basis that I can never sniff out a bad guy I would have to suspect Runcle as he has not appeared suspicious to me one bit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 19:24 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

mr dom: 2 (Malc, Mimi)

Not voted: 5 (mr dave, mr dom, mr russell, runcle, zaphod79)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 20:19 
8-Bit Champion

We really are the dumbest bunch of ghosts possible - no wonder the GB's caught us in the first place.

Voting for Mr Dom

paraphrasing :

Malc wrote:
First post of the day vote Mr Russell , then 'hang on' maybe Crasters's lynch was actually thought up and backed by the GB's themselves , yes that must be it , and Mr Dave has been pushing that - FOS Mr Dave - Mr Dom might be ignoring a post i made earlier the last 3 people to vote for him are the GB's and one of those is Mr Dom so - vote Mr Dom

So congratulations , your saying to me you are a ghost and are hopelessly confused - fair enough - I dont see a case for Mr Dom in your wanderings but he is a target and one we should look at

As for Mimi that looks almost like a simple "he's voting for me therefore i'll vote for him" , apart from the fact he doesnt believe her slimer story is there anything else in here which says he's a GB ?

Okay - alternative thought - whos *not* a GB ?

From Malc's meanderings above i dont suspect him.
Mr Dave has always been sensible in this , and has not said anything out of turn so i'm inclined to believe him

And thats about it for me , the others in order : Mr Russell / Runcle (too quiet) / Mimi (possibly slimed but just dont know - very controlled throughout although that could just be her :kiss: / Mr Dom

Who do you trust around here ? , what makes you not trust others ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 20:21 
8-Bit Champion

Sorry to clarify this is reverse order - so first person most suspect - last person least suspect but still a suspect

And thats about it for me , the others in order : Mr Russell / Runcle (too quiet) / Mimi (possibly slimed but just dont know - very controlled throughout although that could just be her :kiss: / Mr Dom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 23:09 

Mr Dom wrote:
Hmmm... so much for the discuss it before throwing votes around..

Sorry Mr Dom, I'm not throwing my vote around, but as I said, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it back on this evening, and I'm heading to bed now and will have to scoot out early in the morning so I wanted to put down my contribution in case I couldn't back on tonight or in the morning, and now there are so few of us it would be stupid of me not to vote in those circumstances, and as much as I am far from certain:

Quote:
My defence - don't really have one.
I at least have a fairly solid reason for people to either believe me or at least look at the evidence and chain of events with Bobbyaro. I have a pretty solid alibi, and you (and a number of others) do not. Though nothing is certain I think it is pretty obvious that Bobbyarro had absolute intent to block me, so though I wouldn't suggest that it is as cut and dry as 'well, you can't vote me out because of this' I think that on balance I am a far safer bet as a ghost than those who we don't have any reason to trust but their own words. My own defence comes not in my own words or suggestions but the actions of someone else, a proven good guy. I am suspicious of you because you seem to be suggesting that this doesn't hold much impotrance, when it clearly does, so you are personally suspicious to me because as I know I am just a ghost it just naturally makes me wonder why someone would want me out of the game when all evidence points towards my innocence, and I can't think who but a Ghostbuster would want to promote lynching me.

I will absolutely try and log on to check any progress in the morning but I am going to let my current vote stand in case anything happens and I can't make it on and because I think to not vote at all would be worse. I don't think I am throwing my vote around, though ?:| I have thought it through.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 23:50 
Awesome
Yes

For what it's worth I believe zaphod to be ghostly now, because he got everyone to stop voting when there were votes already in. If he was a GB he could easily have piled onto a vote there to help drive in a nail, as only four votes are needed today

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 23:54 
Time Out for Fun

[vote:mr dave]

Because no one suspects him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:33 
8-Bit Champion

okay 3 and a bit hours , and we need to hit a GB

Mimi - thanks for at least trying to say what your doing - Runcle is that really it ? - Mr Dave because no one suspects him ? , thats quite flimsly reasoning , and for someone who normally participates a lot in these games you have been *very* quiet all the way through.

Although Mr Dom mistrusts Mimi i cant see anything else he's doing to say 'bad' , right now Mr Russell and Runcle are my two picks

However , I've just hit one other bad thought ..... which i'm not going to type because its too depressing and in case the gatekeeper cant work it out it would go in our favour :-)

Mimi if not Mr Dom , who else would you vote for ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:29 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

mr dave: 1 (Runcle)

Not voted: 4 (mr dave, mr dom, mr russell, zaphod79)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:33 
Paws for thought

Back, feel like shit, exhausted and need sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:59 
8-Bit Champion

2 hours to go , the 2 people who currently have votes are at the bottom of my list , Mimi / Malc / Runcle - can you give me any reason why i should vote for the people you have selected ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:01 
Paws for thought

Yeah, I reiterate my "Reasons I'm not dodgy" which I put in my last post. Getting the feeling noone read it.

Still no reason to change my thoughts from yesterday. The only things to change are that Malc went for a retaliatory "No, you're bad" having been anonymous all game, and Mr Russ got fingered by Droman.

I take the point that all 3 GBs may have voted for Craster. It's possible. I just assumed he did it to confuse people, given that in so doing he'd reveal his identity and in so doing apparently invalidate any information gained from a kill. So ignored the implications of his vote, as it's probably it's dirty information. Given there are only 3 Ghostbusters - already a fairly weak position - to kill the third just seems unlikely, given the game would've surely timed out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:08 
Paws for thought

Ok, some thoughts on voting:

We have two votes for someone, which is significant.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:13 
Paws for thought

Bugger, didn't mean to hit submit:

Two possible cases:

Mr Dom is Innocent/SK: Those voting for him have to include at least one GB. As if there were none, both could vote and probably win the game, assuming Mr Dom isn't Dana.
Mr Dom is Guilty: Both those voting are likely to be innocent.

So we have a pool of three to choose from.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:13 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dave wrote:

I agree - so one of those 2 is a GB / or the target is a GB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:16 
Isn't that lovely?

Mr Dave wrote:

I would say that if it were a ghost under the cosh the GBs would be able to lump their vote in quite easily, and get rid of the ghost (before we changed our minds and chose one of them instead).

I guess the other option would be that the 2 people who have voted for the same person would be GBs, but as I know (and I know everyone else doesn't have the same conviction as I do here) I'm a ghost I'm going to rule out the option.

I think we might have hit the nail on the head. On the head of a ghost buster that is!

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:19 
Paws for thought

Malc wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

I would say that if it were a ghost under the cosh the GBs would be able to lump their vote in quite easily, and get rid of the ghost (before we changed our minds and chose one of them instead).

I guess the other option would be that the 2 people who have voted for the same person would be GBs, but as I know (and I know everyone else doesn't have the same conviction as I do here) I'm a ghost I'm going to rule out the option.

I think we might have hit the nail on the head. On the head of a ghost buster that is!

Malc

Or... one is a GB and one isn't, with another waitng in the wings should someone take the bait.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:20 
Paws for thought

(Or, of course, that both GBs aren't around, and so can't jump in. The only real flaw in the plan)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:25 
8-Bit Champion

Okay of the 3 people - i'm pretty sure that Malc is a confused ghost - i really dont know about the other 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:31 

I like the logic, and as a confused ghost myself that means one of the two must be a GB.
Of the two, I would definately FoS Mimi, so:
[vote: Mimi]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:34 
Paws for thought

I don't know. I still think Malc has been acting strangely all game, only really bursting into life when I started accusing him. Then again it's entirely possible they've found the target.

Hard to make a choice knowing how close we are to losing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:34 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

mimi: 1 (Mr Dom)
mr dave: 1 (Runcle)

Not voted: 3 (mr dave, mr russell, zaphod79)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:36 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dave wrote:

I can answer that - "Very" :-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:39 
Paws for thought

Very hard or very close? Or both?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:43 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dave wrote:
I don't know. I still think Malc has been acting strangely all game, only really bursting into life when I started accusing him. Then again it's entirely possible they've found the target.

I think Malc's actions for this day which i posted earlier :

"First post of the day vote Mr Russell , then 'hang on' maybe Crasters's lynch was actually thought up and backed by the GB's themselves , yes that must be it , and Mr Dave has been pushing that - FOS Mr Dave - Mr Dom might be ignoring a post i made earlier the last 3 people to vote for him are the GB's and one of those is Mr Dom so - vote Mr Dom"

Doesnt sound anything like a GB , it is possible he's latched onto one , but I really cant see this as the actions of the people who are winning the game

Mr Dave wrote:
Very hard or very close? Or both?

We are on the brink of losing the game - even a correct choice today may not save us.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next