Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Night Seven - Quiet
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:10 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Hello again!

Night seven ends at midday tomorrow (Thursday).

[playerlist]
Cpt_Droman
Joans
Malc
Mimi
Mr Dave
Mr Dom
Mr Russell
Runcle
zaphod79
[/playerlist]

With 9 players alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch, and 7 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Post subject: Re: Night Seven - Quiet
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:13 
Isn't that lovely?

FFS Myp and Mr Chris are complete and utter Muppets!

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:19 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

A quick rule reminder - Dana now has the win condition GhostBuster. While Dana can't communicate with the GhostBusters (she doesn't even know who they are), she does count toward their numbers for working out the winners. So at the moment, it's 5 vs 3 in the towns favour.
Note that the GhostBusters don't know who Dana is either.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:23 
Paws for thought

So if we hit a ghost now, and the GB hit one tonight (guaranteed) it's 3v3, and we lose.

crap.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:42 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

[edit]Er... Actually I've counted wrong. It's 6 vs 3. Soz.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:47 

Cripes! I popped out to the bank and seem to have lost a day in the process. I don't know, I had a feeling that Mr Chris and myp had made bizare errors of judgement. Myp's role-claim did not help us oust a ghostbuster at all in the end, and now we are down two ghosts. What an absolute shambles.

The only good thing that has happened these last few in-game days is that half of Staypuft has been dispatched, but that was the Ghostbuster's doing. We, essentially, have been useless. More or less committing suicide as far as My and Mr Chris are concerned, and as Myp thought he trapped the two GBs (Kalmar and Mr Chris) and was wrong, it all seems a little in vain.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:54 
Paws for thought

To carry on from where we left off before myp and Mr Chris suffered simulataneous brain failure...

Me wrote:
joans - Posts a bit anonymously, but keen to point out why he didn't vote yesterday.
kalmar - Seems to be a safe bet judging by Crasters behaviour. Still seems a bit odd though. Potential SK.
kovacsc - For reasons already covered, I'm fairly sure not a GB.

malc - Quiet. I think these are all his posts
viewtopic.php?p=294926#p294926
viewtopic.php?p=295281#p295281
viewtopic.php?p=297714#p297714
viewtopic.php?p=297879#p297879
viewtopic.php?p=298243#p298243
viewtopic.php?p=300084#p300084
Good luck on deciding with those.
mr russell - Only person to vote for Gazchap. WIthdrew it quickly, and then got concerned by a bandwagon.
runcle - Voted for by Craster, on the first day, briefly. But Craster made absolutely no effort to push the vote, and dropped it readily enough. I'm usually really bad at reading Runcle, and have barely noticed him this time.

Since last posted, Kalmar died, Joans got fairly loud around the myp/chris brainfailure, Mr Russ has been quiet, and Malc voted for myp before Mr Chris roleclaimed, but after Myp had, which didn't sit overly well with me. Bobby thought Runcle was a ghost, which is good enough for me.

I'm still thinking Mr Russ is most likely.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 13:54 
What's this bit for exactly?

I'm still speechless...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 14:18 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Mr Dom wrote:
I'm still speechless...

:this:

One other thing - Dana is just as random as the rest of us - it could end up with a ghost / a GB / and Dana and she could vote the GB out :-)

We need to hit a GB , its the same names we've had before (lets not forget Bobbys list) as well as the Craster 6 4

joans, kalmar, kovacsc, malc, mr russell, runcle

Bobbyaro - Me, not a GB
Cpt_Droman - Not a GB
Joans -?
Kalmar -?
KovacsC - SK?
Malc - ?
Mimi - said very little of any substance, but there when called, GB?
Mr Chris -silent
Mr Dave - Ghost?
Mr Dom - has said a few sus things GB?
Mr Russell -not really said too much
Myp - arguing a bit, but logic is flawed. GB?
Runcle -Ghost?
zaphod79 -Ghost?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 14:52 

I'm gonna be AFK all tomorrow, so would be nice if we can come up with some sort of plan.
Mr Russell is still firmly on my FoS list for opposing the Craster lynch, so...
[vote: Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 15:21 
8-Bit Champion

BTW - one other thing from the end of day 4 which no-one else has commented on - people have mentioned "oh Myp did this to draw out the people he thought were GB's and Kalmar / Mr Chris were not"

myp wrote:
You silly people. I have changed my mind about kalmar now, btw. I believe the GBs to be Mr Chris and Joans. Mark my words!

So one of the early posts of the next day :

Joans wrote:
So Myp really was Walter Peck, and his plan was to try and draw out the GBs who he thought would publically celebrate his roleclaim, and his main suspect, who he had hoped to catch (and successfully caught) in this trap was Kalmar, who wasn't a GB.

8)

It's really late, and I've pretty much been working since about 10am, so if there was a good reason for that, that's why I can't see it.

So he's ignored the fact that Myp called him out.

Mimi wrote:
More or less committing suicide as far as My and Mr Chris are concerned, and as Myp thought he trapped the two GBs (Kalmar and Mr Chris) and was wrong, it all seems a little in vain.

Again ignoring Myp's "dying" words.

Its possible that Mimi read Joan's comments and took them as true , possible they missed this comment and its also possibly that they have 'spoken' about distancing them from this and making people think it didnt happen.

Of the two i'm more suspect of Joans so [vote:Joans]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 15:25 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

joans: 1 (zaphod79)
mr russell: 1 (Mr Dom)

Not voted: 7 (cpt_droman, joans, malc, mimi, mr dave, mr russell, runcle)

With 9 players alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch, and 7 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 15:30 
Awesome
Yes

Just to point out that Droman's win condition was ghost when gazchap died. He may be Dana, which would now give him a GB win condition, correct? Just pointing it out, as either way we still need to hit the actual ghostbusters first as they're the ones who can do the killings.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 15:32 
Awesome
Yes

Mr Dom wrote:
I'm gonna be AFK all tomorrow, so would be nice if we can come up with some sort of plan.
Mr Russell is still firmly on my FoS list for opposing the Craster lynch, so...
[vote: Mr Russell]

Oh, and I didn't oppose the Craster lynch. Neither did i approve though, because like most of everyone else, I had no idea who he was. I was just miffed that after zaphod posted up a load of good info nobody wanted to listen to it, and instead said "well i'll go with the majority".

Of course, that info was about how kalmar may look dodgy, so it's academic now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 15:41 
Paws for thought

Mr Russell wrote:
Just to point out that Droman's win condition was ghost when gazchap died. He may be Dana, which would now give him a GB win condition, correct? Just pointing it out, as either way we still need to hit the actual ghostbusters first as they're the ones who can do the killings.

Err.. Before Danas win condition was Ghostbuster, it was Zuul/SK.

Droman is still just a ghost.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 15:46 
Awesome
Yes

Mr Dave wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Oh OK, that's alright then. It just made me think with zaphod's list when it said "not a GB."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 15:47 
Paws for thought

zaphod79 wrote:
BTW - one other thing from the end of day 4 which no-one else has commented on - people have mentioned "oh Myp did this to draw out the people he thought were GB's and Kalmar / Mr Chris were not"

myp wrote:
You silly people. I have changed my mind about kalmar now, btw. I believe the GBs to be Mr Chris and Joans. Mark my words!

So one of the early posts of the next day :

Joans wrote:
So Myp really was Walter Peck, and his plan was to try and draw out the GBs who he thought would publically celebrate his roleclaim, and his main suspect, who he had hoped to catch (and successfully caught) in this trap was Kalmar, who wasn't a GB.

8)

It's really late, and I've pretty much been working since about 10am, so if there was a good reason for that, that's why I can't see it.

So he's ignored the fact that Myp called him out.

Mimi wrote:
More or less committing suicide as far as My and Mr Chris are concerned, and as Myp thought he trapped the two GBs (Kalmar and Mr Chris) and was wrong, it all seems a little in vain.

Again ignoring Myp's "dying" words.

Its possible that Mimi read Joan's comments and took them as true , possible they missed this comment and its also possibly that they have 'spoken' about distancing them from this and making people think it didnt happen.

Of the two i'm more suspect of Joans so [vote:Joans]

It is a good point. Where is Joans anyway? He was quite vocal last night, when you could vote for Myp without suspicion. He's gone quiet again. There's certainly something to be answered there, so let's hope he appears and answers it, although his answer is fairly predictable.

Still undecided. Don't want to be too hasty.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 15:52 
Excellent Member

Mr Dave wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Yep, still a ghost i'm afraid.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 16:02 
Awesome
Yes

Right. I've gone back and read through a lot of Joans' posts. He seems to be quite thorough but not giving anything away.

You know how when people have a role condition, they mention it more than they should? eg. gazchap revealing he is Vigo (viewtopic.php?p=298603#p298603)

Well Joans does seem to mention the GBs by putting words into Slimer's mouth (viewtopic.php?p=300655#p300655) "Maybe he decided the GBs decided not to kill anyone on the first night."

[vote:Joans] but I'm also suspicious of Mimi and Zaphod. And Mr Dom. Heh.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 16:23 

Heh, no - it was Joans that was trying so hard to push for me to be lynched over the two days when Slimer was killed. Bobbyarro (Slimer) was convinced I was a GB, and he and Joans were pushing for me to be lynched. If Bobby thought I was a GB he would have role-blocked me that night, but he was killed by the GBs. If I was a GB and they were blocked, he couldn't have been killed, naturally. Joans somehow overlooked for this and started the very next day re-gunning for me. I have no affiliation with Joans, he has tried too hard to 'off' me. i do not know if he is a Gb or a ghost, but we certainly aren't both GBs and colluding. I didn't take Joans at his words, actually, I didn't recall Myp's dying words to include Joans. I know he called out Kalmar and Mr Chris, but the day was wrapped up whilst I was still posting, I just didn't see.

Anyway, Just because Myps dying words were about Hoans doesn't mean that he is right. He's hardly been accurate with his other two assertions, has he?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 16:30 

Sorry, that was in reply to Zaphod, up the page.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 16:30 

Hello, I've been out all day and now I'm on a (ghost) train home. Yes, myp's dying words were that I was a GB, which in fairness should be enough to convince you all that I'm a ghost. However, if you do decide to lynch me, then this may be the most hilariously inept town performance ever. :p

(I accept that this may be seen as arrogant, and you'll probably decide to lynch me anyway)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 16:47 
8-Bit Champion

Mimi wrote:
Heh, no - it was Joans that was trying so hard to push for me to be lynched over the two days when Slimer was killed. Bobbyarro (Slimer) was convinced I was a GB, and he and Joans were pushing for me to be lynched. If Bobby thought I was a GB he would have role-blocked me that night, but he was killed by the GBs. If I was a GB and they were blocked, he couldn't have been killed, naturally.

That was your previous answer and is valid , however we dont know who slimer slimed for his last night , you seem to have been top of his list , however someone may have done something closer to the end which caused him to target them - so i dont treat this as 'your not a GB' , just i think your slightly less likely to be than other people (which is why although i mentioned your comments i had voted for Joans)

Joans wrote:
Hello, I've been out all day and now I'm on a (ghost) train home. Yes, myp's dying words were that I was a GB, which in fairness should be enough to convince you all that I'm a ghost. However, if you do decide to lynch me, then this may be the most hilariously inept town performance ever. :p
(I accept that this may be seen as arrogant, and you'll probably decide to lynch me anyway)

I'm not saying that because Myp's dying words were 'joans is a GB' you should be targetted , I was saying that because you sorta re-wrote those to say something else (or ignored them totally) that your suspect.

Now this :

Mr Russell wrote:
but I'm also suspicious of Mimi and Zaphod. And Mr Dom. Heh.

At the end of Mr Russell's post is also suspicous for me , not that he's accusing me , but he's not really backing this up with anything at all , what have I / Mimi / Mr Dom done to make you suspicous ?

We know there are 2 GB's out there , if you've seen something in a post to make you think twice over someone then tell us what it is - dont just go "they look dodgy"

I think we should take our time over this - and since i'll probably not be on again for a few hours i'm going to [vote:unvote] but its a close game right now and we need to agree on who we target.

We should also remember that the GB's can communicate and at this stage of the game they are probably not too worried about both voting for the same person - so if we see things which seem to match up between 2 players then shout them out !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 16:53 
Paws for thought

Mr Russell wrote:
You know how when people have a role condition, they mention it more than they should? eg. gazchap revealing he is Vigo (viewtopic.php?p=298603#p298603)

Err... you may well be the only person who noticed that, I certainly didn't. And you know the group who'd have been particulary on the lookout for it.

And having apparently spotted this, who did you vote for, while everyone else was piling on Craster? Gazchap.

Sorry, but between worrying about Craster being 'bandwagoned', and apparently knowing why the Ghostbusters decided to kill GazChap, you're not looking all that convincing a ghost.

I know it may be hindsight, and I don't want to kill a friendly person for spotting something in hindsight, with us having managed to get ourselves into this crap position, but this is ringing several alarm bells in my head.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 16:53 
Awesome
Yes

zaphod79 wrote:
Now this :

Mr Russell wrote:
but I'm also suspicious of Mimi and Zaphod. And Mr Dom. Heh.

At the end of Mr Russell's post is also suspicous for me , not that he's accusing me , but he's not really backing this up with anything at all , what have I / Mimi / Mr Dom done to make you suspicous ?

We know there are 2 GB's out there , if you've seen something in a post to make you think twice over someone then tell us what it is - dont just go "they look dodgy"

Oh right, well in that case: Mimi because of her "I'm not really sure" routine. Yourself, Zaphod, because of how uberhelpful you're being in explaining out the stats and stuff, in the same way that Craster plays, and Mr Dom because of his mentions of GB tactics (search.php?author_id=379&sr=posts)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 16:55 
Awesome
Yes

@Mr Dave: Yep, sorry. I only noticed the bit about Gazchap being Vigo on reading back. I did mention in that very post that I had been reading back.

Unless you think I'm that good of a player, in which case thank you. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 17:01 

I'm not sure I really "rewrote" anything. I just brought up the fact that myp had said that his plan was to try and prove that kalmar (who he had suspected for a while) was a GB. A brilliant plan, with the only flaw being that kalmar wasn't a GB. Then he changed his mind and accused me and Mr Chris of being the GBs. Another brilliant plan, with the only flaw being... you get the idea.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 17:18 

zaphod79 wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Heh, no - it was Joans that was trying so hard to push for me to be lynched over the two days when Slimer was killed. Bobbyarro (Slimer) was convinced I was a GB, and he and Joans were pushing for me to be lynched. If Bobby thought I was a GB he would have role-blocked me that night, but he was killed by the GBs. If I was a GB and they were blocked, he couldn't have been killed, naturally.

That was your previous answer and is valid , however we dont know who slimer slimed for his last night , you seem to have been top of his list , however someone may have done something closer to the end which caused him to target them - so i dont treat this as 'your not a GB' , just i think your slightly less likely to be than other people (which is why although i mentioned your comments i had voted for Joans)

It is true, that it is not provable that Bobbyarro targeted me on his final night, but he seemed quite determined that it was me and so I can't see why he wouldn't. Anyway, that wasn't the point I was making. I thought you were suggesting that Mr Russell and I were in cahoots somehow, and I was just pointing out that, actually, that is extremely unlikely due to just how strongly Mr Russell was trying to push to knock me out of the game.

@ Mr Russell: I don't have an 'I don't know 'routine'', I am just able to admit that I am uncertain. Those that have declared that this or that person is such and such a role haven't been very accurate, have they? I don't buy the idea that admitting that things don't add up and, actually, being right not to jump the gun is as bad as those people that have kept on pushing for the lynching of ghosts, but it seems at the moment that certain people are just wildly flailing around trying to point the fingers at anyone but themselves.

The only person we know is innocent is Droman, I'd say I was pretty much the next least likely because I am pretty sure that Babbyarro would have targeted me with his role-block. His words all show him to be pretty certain about thinking that I was his main suspect at the close of that day.

I think there are a couple of people who are now just trying to draw the attention away from themselves by just throwing names around and pointing at everyone else. I don't know if what Myp said at the end has much baring on anything, as the other two people he accused of being GBs weren't, but everyone rushed in and lynched them and now Mr Chris is dead (which is partly his own fault, anyway), but then, Myp gave three names, so even giving three names at random has a decent likelyhood of hitting one GB at those odds.

The reason we have had the recent deaths is because people didn't stop and think things through - just went with their anger at the two role-claimers and the people that they have taken down with the. We've lost Myp, and Mr Chris because of that nonsense, Kalmar (who was an Sk so best out of it anyway, but that's not who Myp thought he was, was just a lucky hit from his wild flailing and misjudged actions).

Joans seemed pretty determined to want me out of the game, and as I know that I am a ghost, and as I do think that it is as close to certain as possible that Bobbyarro did use his roleblock choice on me the night I was killed, I do still wonder what it was that Joans seemed so desperate to want me out for.

I think people use how 'quiet' people are as a premise to have them lynched', I think Joans might have seen me as a target because of that and thought it an easy way to get the other ghosts to turn against me, but then he might also just have a case of the stupids.

I don't know how people are compiling their lists of 'I think it is _________, __________ and __________' due to things like posting statistics and frequency, when surely it is the things that people say relating to the game that we should be looking at? We need to look at the alliances between players, not post stats.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 17:36 
Awesome
Yes

Mimi wrote:
It is true, that it is not provable that Bobbyarro targeted me on his final night, but he seemed quite determined that it was me and so I can't see why he wouldn't. Anyway, that wasn't the point I was making. I thought you were suggesting that Mr Russell and I were in cahoots somehow, and I was just pointing out that, actually, that is extremely unlikely due to just how strongly Mr Russell was trying to push to knock me out of the game.

I'm sure you didn't mean to type my name there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 17:41 

No, I meant Joans. I keep thinking it was you that was trying to push for me to be lynched the other day, but it was the bald one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 18:42 

Mimi wrote:
Joans seemed pretty determined to want me out of the game, and as I know that I am a ghost, and as I do think that it is as close to certain as possible that Bobbyarro did use his roleblock choice on me the night I was killed, I do still wonder what it was that Joans seemed so desperate to want me out for.

I think people use how 'quiet' people are as a premise to have them lynched', I think Joans might have seen me as a target because of that and thought it an easy way to get the other ghosts to turn against me, but then he might also just have a case of the stupids.

Everyone else seems to have had a case of the stupids, so why can't I? :p

Anyway, I'm not too happy about this - "Joans seemed pretty determined to want me out of the game" - I voted for you because Slimer had voted for you the night before and I assumed he had an idea about you. You pointed out that if he had suspected you, he probably would have roleblocked you. I agreed and unvoted, so I really don't see how I was "desperate to want you out"

Mimi wrote:
No, I meant Joans. I keep thinking it was you that was trying to push for me to be lynched the other day, but it was the bald one.

:DD >:| :kiss:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 18:56 

Well, it seemed like that to me because you seemed quite adamant on the night that Bobbyarro was all for lynching me and then started the next day off in exactly the same way, despite it seeming quite obvious that he must have been wrong about me. I guess I just couldn't understand why you and Bobbyarro had singled me out to begin with as there seemed to be little to no evidence, but then I could understand even less why you might have thought the same thing the next day as it seemed to pretty much clear me, so either you were purposefully trying to knock me out of the game anyway (which I had thought by the speed by which you voted for me, I thought you were trying to trigger some kind of rush... you've seen how quickly players have acted in haste because someone went 'it's him!') or because you just hadn't thought it through.

You say it is the latter, which is cool, though I can only trust you as much as I trust anyone else at the moment (not at all). There is also the thing with what Myp said, but again, he also said it was Mr Chris, so how reliable his last thoughts were is debateable, I guess it just comes down to what we have to go on, though at at the moment I am more suspicious of those that seem desperate for a quick lynch to draw attention away from themselves and so are just pointing at everyone and anyone. It just seems like some people are trying to carry on the momentum of quick (and incorrect) lynching because they know that things benefited them in the last few deaths and so a 'quick, get ________' might get unnoticed in light of all the previous similar lynchings.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 19:01 

Mimi, you've lost me now. Apart from the start of night 5 after Bobbyaro was killed I don't think I've mentioned you at all? ?:|

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 19:19 
Excellent Member

Right then.
Any ideas??

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 19:21 
Awesome
Yes

Cpt_Droman wrote:
Right then.
Any ideas??

I think it's best if you pick a name at random if you cannot deduct anyone from reasoning, as at least we know that you don't have an agenda.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 20:13 

Joans wrote:
Mimi, you've lost me now. Apart from the start of night 5 after Bobbyaro was killed I don't think I've mentioned you at all? ?:|

hehe, no, it doesn't matter. i thought you were trying to get me lynched just befror bobbyarro was killed but i am watching the ghostie tv and seeing england play whilst having a nice taoffee apple cider (nom nom) and so am too lazy to g and see if I remember correctly.

Cpt. Droman, we know 100% you are innocent, do you have any ideas? i don't remember anyone suggesting that you were a ghostbuster at any point so teh clues, where are they in your head?

Mr Russell, I do not think that captain droman has an agenda as if you remember he was invesitgated and he is a ghost :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 20:17 

I'm happy to go with the Captains choice - he's the only bugger we can trust any more :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 20:17 

i should remember to edit things before I press reply on here. My typing is OK, I have only just opened my cider a little while ago (about ten minutes) I was just watching tv, I am not a drunkard :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 20:18 
Awesome
Yes

Mimi wrote:
Joans wrote:
Mr Russell, I do not think that captain droman has an agenda as if you remember he was invesitgated and he is a ghost :)

That's what I said. So my meaning was that if he is the one who picks a name out the hat at random at least we know he is not a ghostbuster with an agenda of offing townies.

Of course, if he is able to try and work out who is a baddie based on some deductive reasoning then all the better, but if not it will have to be name in a hat.

Anyone else who offers up a name just seems suspect otherwise, because they *might* be a GB.

As a complete aside, I went back to the very first mafia game we played and read through most of it. When it was in General Discussion and we didn't have a vote counter and that. It was very fun, and people were throwing shit all over the place. Great times.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 20:19 
Awesome
Yes

Um, I fucked up my quotes. Mimi said that, not Mimi quoting Joans.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 20:42 
Excellent Member

Right,
We've just managed to get Isabelle to sleep so i'm going to bed ASAP...so tired.
I'll have a think and most likely be posting at 4.30am or summat stupid like that.
i'll have a read through and see whats what.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 20:45 
8-Bit Champion

I'm happy with Cpt_Droman choosing who to off , as , and it pains me to say this , he's almost certainly gone after today.

For the GB's they just need to reduce the number of ghosts , and he's a confirmed one so no chance of hitting the other remaining human.

Your swansong Cpt_Droman so vote and say anything else you want to today , because its probably your last :-(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 22:29 
Isn't that lovely?

zaphod79 wrote:
I'm happy with Cpt_Droman choosing who to off , as , and it pains me to say this , he's almost certainly gone after today.

For the GB's they just need to reduce the number of ghosts , and he's a confirmed one so no chance of hitting the other remaining human.

Your swansong Cpt_Droman so vote and say anything else you want to today , because its probably your last :-(

um why? unless you are planning to off him overnight?

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:13 
Paws for thought

Eh. I've just started coughing up copious and unpleasant amounts of red ectoplasm again. Which means I'm probably going to have to spend a day or two in a hospital getting poked and jabbed (Used to it by now, happens a few times a year.). It also means that internet will be phone only. So unless the game continues past the weekend, posts will be limited to only a vote. (typing more than that on a keypad? No thanks. Chances are I'll be feeling very weak even past the weekend.)

So yeah probably my final post of the game, votes aside, so information drop:

You can pretty much take me as innocent - Bobby was suspicious of me on day 2, he thought I was a ghost on day 4. I presume roleblocking had something to do with that.

My bets are Malc and Russ. Could be entirely wrong, but what else is new?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:00 
8-Bit Champion

Sorry to hear that Dave - hope things go well for you.
Malc wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

um why? unless you are planning to off him overnight?

Malc

Okay +1 on suspicious meter , why would i have to explain this to you , you know how the game works - right now out of 9 players 2 are GB's and know who each other are , 1 is the Gatekeeper and doesnt know who the GB's are (and they dont know who they are) , and the other 6 are ghosts (Cpt_Droman is a 'known' ghost).

As a GB , if they pick someone at random they have a 1 in 7 chance of hitting a human and blocking themselves for the next day , if they pick Cpt_Droman thats a zero % chance , they dont need to worry about investigators / blockers / SK's / anything else , they just need to outnumber the ghosts

As such it really doesnt make sense for them to choose anyone other than Cpt_Droman , as they gain a kill and we lose a known trusted person.

So again I expect after today finishes that the next day will start quite quickly and we'll be more people down.

As far as I can see the only real info we have apart from some fumblings over words on certain days is that there were some players who did not vote for Craster (who was a GB and i believe at least one of the non voters is going to be a GB) and Bobbyaro's list which will include solid information from people he investigated.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:42 
8-Bit Champion

Okay we have 3 and a bit hours I will be around at times this morning and will be here at the end but i'll be out for times as well.

Still no comments from Cpt_Droman who is probably trying to sleep at the moment and although it would be good to have his input we *cannot* let the day timeout

What i have so far :

putting together the non votes for Craster

joans, malc, mr russell, runcle

Matching them up with Bobbyaro's list

Joans -?
Malc - ?
Runcle -Ghost?

So i'm going to remove Runcle from this list given Bobby's seeming trust of him

Adding in Mr Daves comments for those 3 :

joans - Posts a bit anonymously, but keen to point out why he didn't vote yesterday.

>snip<

mr russell - Only person to vote for Gazchap. WIthdrew it quickly, and then got concerned by a bandwagon.

I think as a group we need to go for one of these 3.

I am concerned that i had to 'prompt' Mr Russell to explain his reasoning yesterday , as a Ghost you need to share this stuff in the thread you should not need someone sitting there asking you "why".

Malc has been very quiet for the whole game , if he's not going to take part is he doing this to "hide" ?

Joans has at least been taking part but i'm not sure of him - despite the fact he's not done anything specifically to stand out (some selective quoting aside)

Thats my take on things right now - who else has any comments suggestions - we need to do something this morning and from what i can see these are the most likely targets.

I think it would be bad for us is to lynch the Gatekeeper because that then gives the GB's free reign to just go after everyone else - however they are on the GB side so we do need to identify and get rid of them at some point (ideally we want the GB's to hit them)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:20 
Isn't that lovely?

zaphod79 wrote:
Okay we have 3 and a bit hours I will be around at times this morning and will be here at the end but i'll be out for times as well.

Still no comments from Cpt_Droman who is probably trying to sleep at the moment and although it would be good to have his input we *cannot* let the day timeout

What i have so far :

putting together the non votes for Craster

joans, malc, mr russell, runcle

Matching them up with Bobbyaro's list

Joans -?
Malc - ?
Runcle -Ghost?

So i'm going to remove Runcle from this list given Bobby's seeming trust of him

Adding in Mr Daves comments for those 3 :

>snip<

I think as a group we need to go for one of these 3.

I am concerned that i had to 'prompt' Mr Russell to explain his reasoning yesterday , as a Ghost you need to share this stuff in the thread you should not need someone sitting there asking you "why".

Malc has been very quiet for the whole game , if he's not going to take part is he doing this to "hide" ?

Joans has at least been taking part but i'm not sure of him - despite the fact he's not done anything specifically to stand out (some selective quoting aside)

Thats my take on things right now - who else has any comments suggestions - we need to do something this morning and from what i can see these are the most likely targets.

I think it would be bad for us is to lynch the Gatekeeper because that then gives the GB's free reign to just go after everyone else - however they are on the GB side so we do need to identify and get rid of them at some point (ideally we want the GB's to hit them)

I was quiet at the beginning of the game for sure, but I don't think so the last few nights. I was off preparing for ghostlings to go to ghost school and tarting up my ghost house whilst on holiday so didn't have much access to my ghost pc.

As for your reasoning about droman, I can see that logic now, but it wasn't readily apparent before, and you do realise that if the GBs were as naive as me, then you've just told them what to (assuming you're not a GB yourself) hmm....

I'm really quite confused as to what to do next to be honest, completely thrown that 2 ghosts would roleclaim as the same character in such an idiotic way like that.

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:31 
8-Bit Champion

Malc wrote:
As for your reasoning about droman, I can see that logic now, but it wasn't readily apparent before, and you do realise that if the GBs were as naive as me, then you've just told them what to (assuming you're not a GB yourself) hmm....

The GB's are doing well in this game , they know whats going on and i cant believe that they need someone to tell them how things work.

Malc wrote:
I'm really quite confused as to what to do next to be honest, completely thrown that 2 ghosts would roleclaim as the same character in such an idiotic way like that.

Malc

As stupid actions go this was right up there with Mr Russell's fake claim of a mafia boss , however the game isnt over , we can still win this (looking at the overall odds and the fact that the SK needs both 1/2s to connect this should have been quite an easy ghost win)

Its 6 vs 3 but their 3 is fragmented , if we can hit a GB tonight its just two lone people (1 with a killing role) against the rest of us - but a bad choice today , and them hitting a ghost tonight (almost certain) then its 4 vs 3 and we're pretty much stuffed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:43 

I was hoping Cpt Droman might have had a brainwave before I had to leave but he must have been able to get to sleep after all, and nobody can blame him for though (though, sleeping at night, what kind of ghost is he, eh?), but I have to leave soon and I am not sure I'll be back in time for midday, and as we are down to the last few and probably need as many people to vote as possible had better stick my vote into the pot.

I have doubts about Mr Russell and Zaphod - they both seem to be producing lists of people that we should all suspect, with flawed reasoning. Bobbyarro's list... I am not sure if it is that much help as I don't think he found a GB on any of his sliming nights, otherwise he'd have given us there name, though maybe 'Runcle - ghost?' means that he'd investigated him and found him to be a ghost and was leaving a clue. Still, if it was just his gut-feeling I think they have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Malc... I don't know, your last couple of posts have made me a little suspect of you. The GBs obviously need to make a kill and try to avoid hitting the keymaster as that is the only role that is of use to them to keep alive as far as I can see, so it would make sense to go for the one of the remaining non-GBs that they know is a ghost, which is what I think zaphod was suggesting last night. Maybe you genuinely didn't think it thorough, but it just seems to be a little too much like 'now why would we want to target Droman', and 'keymaster, what keymaster? That's no asset to us, really'. It might have been you not thinking things through, though as even I had worked that out and I have to leave in a few minutes, I am going to have to go for

[vote:malc]

I am sorry if I am wrong, but at the moment everyone is suspicious apart from Droman, and what you said just seemed odd.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:43 

I was really hoping the Capt would have made a choice by now, as I have to go haunt an airport till this afternoon.
Zaphods list is looking pretty close to mine at the moment (except I am totally unconvinced by Mimi's 'well Slimer would have blocked me, ergo I'm innocent' line), so I shall leave my vote for Mr Russell to stand for now.

Tbh, getting Cpt-Droman to pick is by far the best tactic we have, but in keeping with the level of incompetance we have shown so far - that's going titsup too :S

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next