Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Night Five - Oniondead
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:13 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Gosh, that day just flew by.
Eugh, what's that odd green patch on the floor?
Oh dear. It's Bobbyaro.
Bobbyaro was Slimer.

Night five ends at midday tomorrow (Wednesday).

[playerlist]
Cpt_Droman
Joans
Kalmar
Malc
Mimi
Mr Chris
Mr Dave
Mr Dom
Mr Russell
Myp
Runcle
zaphod79
[/playerlist]

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, and 9 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Post subject: Re: Night Five - Oniondead
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:18 

Bobbyaro wrote:
Bobbyaro - Me, not a GB
Cpt_Droman - Not a GB
Joans -?
Kalmar -?
KovacsC - SK?
Malc - ?
Mimi - said very little of any substance, but there when called, GB?
Mr Chris -silent
Mr Dave - Ghost?
Mr Dom - has said a few sus things GB?
Mr Russell -not really said too much
Myp - arguing a bit, but logic is flawed. GB?
Runcle -Ghost?
zaphod79 -Ghost?

If Bobby was Slimer, then some of what he discovered is in this list.

[vote:mimi]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:22 
baron of techno

Oh for crap's sake.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:24 
INFINITE POWAH

I like Joans's reasoning, but as I FOS him I'm not voting for who he votes for, so I'm going with [vote: Mr Dom]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:27 

Mr Chris wrote:
I like Joans's reasoning, but as I FOS him I'm not voting for who he votes for, so I'm going with [vote: Mr Dom]

Fair enough, I only picked Mimi as that's who Bobby voted for (although I missed that bit out of the quote).
I'm going to have a read back and see if he's got anything to say about Slimer roleblocking a GB on night 1 and then changing to someone else.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:32 
UltraMod

[vote:kalmar]
Same reasoning as last night.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:36 

Ok, well I've read through day 2 to see if Bobbyaro gave any hints as to who he tried to block the previous night (which is the only time he might have actually blocked a GB), but I can't really work it out. He eventually votes for Mr Chris, but then changes to a no lynch.

Presumably 2 or the 3 that he labelled "Ghost?", were the ones blocked on nights 2 and 3, when there was still a GB kill so they're innocent. Maybe the other is the one he blocked on night one and has decided that the GBs just didn't try to kill anyone.
I'm not sure any of this really helps. :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:37 
Paws for thought

Joans wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

Fair enough, I only picked Mimi as that's who Bobby voted for (although I missed that bit out of the quote).
I'm going to have a read back and see if he's got anything to say about Slimer roleblocking a GB on night 1 and then changing to someone else.

But surely he would've just changed back if that were the case? I doubt Bobby would not block the all the GBs if he had a chance.

I also still think the group of six is going to be good hunting grounds for finding GBs.

Of those, we can discount Runcle, as Bobby seems to think he's safe so presumably he slimed him at some point, again leaving us with Joans (Keen to get another lynch, away from him going), Malc (says little except trying to get two lynches going.), Mr Russ (Still as dodgy as he was yesterday) and Kalmar ('attacked' by Craster)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:42 

On day 3 Bobby confirms that he stuck to whoever he blocked on night 1, so at the time he made his list he knew 2 confirmed non-GBs and er, that's it.
I've got no ideas.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:44 
What's this bit for exactly?

Joans wrote:
Presumably 2 or the 3 that he labelled "Ghost?", were the ones blocked on nights 2 and 3, when there was still a GB kill so they're innocent. Maybe the other is the one he blocked on night one and has decided that the GBs just didn't try to kill anyone.

I like that reasoning, tho they could be SKs - in which case the sliming could have saved us from Mr StayPuft.
I am kind of intrigued as to what I have said that is suspicious, but my money is still on Mr Russell for seeming to try & save Craster. He didn't vote yesterday either which looks to me like someone trying to lay low.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:50 
Paws for thought

Well, mainly due to his awesome lurking potential, [vote: malc]

Could be wrong, but he's been doing a good fly on the wall impression all game. Never really put his neck out, lay low and the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:50 

Mr Dom wrote:
Joans wrote:

I like that reasoning, tho they could be SKs - in which case the sliming could have saved us from Mr StayPuft.
I am kind of intrigued as to what I have said that is suspicious, but my money is still on Mr Russell for seeming to try & save Craster. He didn't vote yesterday either which looks to me like someone trying to lay low.

I think the odds of Mr StayPuft being in the game, especially that early on, are incredibly low.
I guess he could have blocked Dana or Louis successfully finding the other one, but he'd be none the wiser.

Actually, not that this is relevant now (I think), if Louis and Dana had found each other, would Slimer have prevented an SK kill if he'd roleblocked one of them (I'm assuming yes, but it doesn't specify like it does for the Ghostbusters)?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:52 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Joans wrote:
If Louis and Dana had found each other, would Slimer have prevented an SK kill if he'd roleblocked one of them?

Yes, as they 'become one'.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:53 
Paws for thought

Don't they become dogs?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:54 

Grim... wrote:
Joans wrote:
If Louis and Dana had found each other, would Slimer have prevented an SK kill if he'd roleblocked one of them?

Yes, as they 'become one'.

Ah yes, sorry, there was me expecting you to update the first post, rather than dot the rules throughout the thread. :p

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Joans wrote:
Ah yes, sorry, there was me expecting you to update the first post, rather than dot the rules throughout the thread. :p

Dull.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:57 

Grim... wrote:
Joans wrote:

Dull.

Resists urge to make a "Well, I wasn't reading more than one post" joke.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 13:04 
Isn't that lovely?

Mr Dave wrote:
Well, mainly due to his awesome lurking potential, [vote: malc]

Could be wrong, but he's been doing a good fly on the wall impression all game. Never really put his neck out, lay low and the rest.

I've had real death issues going on, so have not been able to participate as much as I would have liked, You're more than welcome to put me up for the possession, but nothing will be gained from it.

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 13:29 

Joans wrote:

Think about it, Joans. If Bobby suspected me with his roleblock powers, he would have roleblocked me. If the GBs were roleblocked, he now wouldn't be dead, would he?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 13:44 

Mimi wrote:
Joans wrote:

Think about it, Joans. If Bobby suspected me with his roleblock powers, he would have roleblocked me. If the GBs were roleblocked, he now wouldn't be dead, would he?

Well, I was working off the possibility that he'd blocked you on night one and decided you were a GB, but having read back over the previous days it looks like Bobby only managed to block non-GB targets each night, so apart from trying to work out who they were from his list, it's not much use.

Your point is an incredibly valid one though, so I can't really stick with you, can I.
[vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 13:54 

Umm...
Surely the same logic applies to anyone with GB? on it from that list?

I think the only thing we can guess at is that he would know who wasn't a GB from who he roleblocked when a kill happened. I guess these are the 'Ghost?' people in the list and are probably the closest thing we have to a safe list at the moment. It would be fair to guess that one of the ones Bobby suspected was roleblocked last night, but there's nothing to say it was you & not me or vice versa. Using it as 'strong proof' like you do suggests your clinging on to a power role - SK or GB...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 13:57 

Well, I don't think it would make much sense to insist I was a GB on the premise that it was what Bobbyarro thought when it has just been proven that he was targetting the wrong people.

I don't think that Bobby could have successfully roleblocked the GBs at any point, as it would make no sense for him to change who he was blocking once he was successful. If he knew he had a performed a successful roll-block on night one he would have just stuck with it, surely?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 13:59 

Mr Dom wrote:
Umm...

I think the only thing we can guess at is that he would know who wasn't a GB from who he roleblocked when a kill happened. I guess these are the 'Ghost?' people in the list and are probably the closest thing we have to a safe list at the moment. It would be fair to guess that one of the ones Bobby suspected was roleblocked last night, but there's nothing to say it was you & not me or vice versa. Using it as 'strong proof' like you do suggests your clinging on to a power role - SK or GB...

Bobby actually voted for Mimi yesterday, which would seem to suggest she was top of his suspect list, so you'd have thought he'd have blocked her in the night, which would have prevented a GB kill.

The problem is, that we have no idea what actually happened. He might have blocked Mimi, which means she's not a GB, but she could be one of the other human characters. Or he might have changed his mind and blocked somebody else.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:00 
UltraMod

I think we can dismiss most of what Bobby's put down as complete arse, to be honest.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:06 

myp wrote:
I think we can dismiss most of what Bobby's put down as complete arse, to be honest.

Well he must have known something, the problem is trying to work out what it was. It's all we have to go off for now.

Day 1 - he blocks someone
Day 2 - he blocks the same person again thinking it was a GB (presumably the GBs had hoped Slimer would reveal himself thinking he'd get a GB on the first day)
Day 3 - he blocks someone else (it's safe to assume he'd block another person now as he knows the first person wasn't a GB)
Day 4 - he blocks someone else, but is killed.

So when he made the list, he knew the identities of 2 non-GB characters (which makes it a pain that there's 3 "Ghost?"s on his list). If Mimi was his prime suspect for being a GB, then it would make sense for him to have blocked her last night, which would imply she's not a GB (assuming he did block her and not someone else).

Hmm, I'm going with [vote:myp] (what are the odds that the 3 mods are the ghost busters? ;) )

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:07 
baron of techno

myp wrote:

As much as I hate to agree, I was just about to say this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:07 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Okay a bad night for us (actually in the last 2 nights we lost both our power roles) we have 2xSK and 2xGB to discover out there

Mr Dave had a very good post yesterday of the '6'

Mr Dave wrote:
Mmm... my take on the six

joans - Posts a bit anonymously, but keen to point out why he didn't vote yesterday.
kalmar - Seems to be a safe bet judging by Crasters behaviour. Still seems a bit odd though. Potential SK.
kovacsc - For reasons already covered, I'm fairly sure not a GB.
malc - Quiet. I think these are all his posts
viewtopic.php?p=294926#p294926
viewtopic.php?p=295281#p295281
viewtopic.php?p=297714#p297714
viewtopic.php?p=297879#p297879
viewtopic.php?p=298243#p298243
viewtopic.php?p=300084#p300084
Good luck on deciding with those.
mr russell - Only person to vote for Gazchap. WIthdrew it quickly, and then got concerned by a bandwagon.
runcle - Voted for by Craster, on the first day, briefly. But Craster made absolutely no effort to push the vote, and dropped it readily enough. I'm usually really bad at reading Runcle, and have barely noticed him this time.

If we're sticking with the not voting for Craster is at least one of the other GB's then we have

joans, kalmar, kovacsc, malc, mr russell, runcle

Remember that they may have known of Craster's 'leaving on this plane' so could be bluffing us , and I'd say at the very least there was 1 GB who will have voted along with everyone else - we need to remember this.

I'm sure Bobby would not have switched his block so whatever happened on day 1 the GB's did not kill anyone for that day (possibly as cover)

From Bobby's list the ones he was most suspicious over are Mr Dom and Mimi and Myp , none of which are on the list of 5 remaining non Craster voters.

myp wrote:

Why ? - because he singled you out as a GB ? he will have been blocking each night , and the only way he can get his information to us would have been through his posts , i need to read back on what he's said at other times but what he and Gazchap have said are some of the most important posts on here because they were the only people (other than GB's) who had any solid information

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:12 
UltraMod

zaphod79 wrote:
Why ? - because he singled you out as a GB ?

Partly, yes. If he's wrong about that then I'm worried about what else he could be wrong about.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:19 

Joans wrote:
(what are the odds that the 3 mods are the ghost busters? ;) )

Are there no other frustrated conspiracy theorists reading at the moment? :ninja: :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:24 
INFINITE POWAH

myp wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Why ? - because he singled you out as a GB ?

Partly, yes. If he's wrong about that then I'm worried about what else he could be wrong about.

Yes, but we only have your word (such as it is) that Bobby's wrong. And Bobby's a confirmed One Of Us, whereas you're the Schodinger's Ghost for the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:28 
Paws for thought

zaphod79 wrote:
Remember that they may have known of Craster's 'leaving on this plane' so could be bluffing us , and I'd say at the very least there was 1 GB who will have voted along with everyone else - we need to remember this.

Mmm, but Craster could still have played had he not been voted out, but presumably not as much. He's still around, just has less time.
Regardless, they seem to have gone for confusion tactics, what with the day 1 inactivity, and Craster voting for himself, so it's hard to say.

For what it's worth, we're not only after the GB anyway, getting an SK before they activate would be handy.

Regardless, from where I'm standing, Mr Chris and Mr Russ are the best bad guy candidates, really.

[vote: Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:33 
baron of techno

Joans wrote:
Joans wrote:

Are there no other frustrated conspiracy theorists reading at the moment? :ninja: :(

That smells strongly like a red herring. Speaking as someone who is a mod and isn't a GB. Plus, you'll invoke the wrath of Grim... if you imply he's set things up like that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:37 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Okay so we're all over the place on votes :

VOTE UPDATE

myp: 1 (Joans)
mr russell: 1 (Mr Dave)
kalmar: 1 (myp)
mr dom: 1 (Mr Chris)

Not voted: 8 (cpt_droman, kalmar, malc, mimi, mr dom, mr russell, runcle, zaphod79)

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, and 9 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

Numbers wise we have :

2 GB's
1 Peck
2 Gatekeeper / Keymaster combo
7 Ghosts

At random chance of hitting
GB 17%
Peck 8%
Gatekeeper or keymaster 17%
Ghost 58%

Chance of us randomly lynching someone on our side is 66%

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:42 

kalmar wrote:
Joans wrote:
Joans wrote:

That smells strongly like a red herring. Speaking as someone who is a mod and isn't a GB. Plus, you'll invoke the wrath of Grim... if you imply he's set things up like that.

I just like the idea of it.
Quickly set up Mafiascum game
3 ghostbusters instead of 4
Craster playing even though he was going on holiday in the middle of it
I think it'd be pretty funny to set up a game like that and see if anybody worked it out.

Also, I'm supposed to be working, so my mind is doing anything but work at the moment :p

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:46 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Just to clarify, the selection of roles is random*. Although if all the mods were GhostBusters, they could discuss things in the mod forum which would be cool :)

*Sometimes I tweak things about if I know people live together or share a PC, to make sure they're on the same team, for obvious reasons

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:49 

Wait, do you mean the mods don't all share a house together? :p

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:50 
baron of techno

I'll [vote:Mr Russell] on the basis of dodgy lurking antics.

It's pretty annoying if we can't rely on the night 3 vote tally to rule out a few people though. Damn you Craster >:(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:50 
UltraMod

Ok, I'm going to throw something out there. I'm Walter Peck and I have no penis. I don't know who the GBs are, but I know that they won't off me during the day now, as it'll mean missing a turn.

I thought about waiting for a potential lynch situation before revealing, but then thought I might as well say it now, as it might look like a scummy roleclaim and if I had a few votes against my name then I may have got bandwagoned by the GBs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:51 
INFINITE POWAH

Mr Dave wrote:
Regardless, from where I'm standing, Mr Chris and Mr Russ are the best bad guy candidates, really.

You always say that, and it's never true.

Except for that time I was an SK, and that other time I was a Mafiosa, obv.

Anyway, explain pls.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 14:55 
baron of techno

myp wrote:
Ok, I'm going to throw something out there. I'm Walter Peck and I have no penis. I don't know who the GBs are, but I know that they won't off me during the day now, as it'll mean missing a turn.

Nice one myp!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 15:00 

Mr Dom wrote:
Umm...

Not really. Bobby was saying that it was me that was a GB at the end of last night, rather than anyone else. He could only have blocked one person for his day action, which, if he thought I was a GB would again have been me, as he seemed to have missed on his previous nights. He shold, though, have known a couple of people that weren't GBs as he had assumedly tried to roleblock people on nights when lynchings still happened, so if his roleblocks failed on those nights he would have known that the people he targeted on those nights were not GBs.

I think he must have missed at every attempt, because if he had managed to roleblock on the first night there would seem to be no reason not to keep sticking with that target, and he didn't role-block the GBs on other nights as lynchings still happened.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 15:00 

myp wrote:

I thought about waiting for a potential lynch situation before revealing, but then thought I might as well say it now, as it might look like a scummy roleclaim and if I had a few votes against my name then I may have got bandwagoned by the GBs.

Gnaargh!!!!
You were like a live landmine sitting around waiting to knock the GBs out of action for a night. Scummy role-claim be damned, but you have just thrown away what was effectively a bonus roleblock!
Where's a face-palm icon when you need it eh?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 15:02 
Isn't that lovely?

Now that's quite interesting, cos if myp isn't telling the truth, how do we know? He's dropped hints that he's human through the game, the only way we'd know if he was telling the truth would be if he was killed (he doesn't have any actions at all, he's just a human with a ghost win condition.

Malc

Mr Dom wrote:
myp wrote:

Gnaargh!!!!
You were like a live landmine sitting around waiting to knock the GBs out of action for a night. Scummy role-claim be damned, but you have just thrown away what was effectively a bonus roleblock!

:this:

Why on earth did you roleclaim?

Paws for thought

Things like Craster defending you, the way you've been generally backgroundy but then you seem to have perked up a little bit and got noiser now Slimer has died.

And I just don't like the cut of your jib.

It's hardly concrete evidence, certainly, but since noone here is capable of providing such a thing, we have to make do.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 15:04 
Paws for thought

Mr Dave wrote:
Things like Craster defending you, the way you've been generally backgroundy but then you seem to have perked up a little bit and got noiser now Slimer has died.

And I just don't like the cut of your jib.

It's hardly concrete evidence, certainly, but since noone here is capable of providing such a thing, we have to make do.

This is to Mr Chris, in case it wasn't obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 15:04 
Isn't that lovely?

I think that perhaps Mr Dom is on to something here, all that role claim does is prevent him from being lynched or killed by the GBs a personal victory, rather than a team victory. Which is a bit silly.

I think I might actually [vote:myp] because if he is actually telling the truth he's ruined the one thing his role was good for.

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 15:06 
UltraMod

Malc wrote:
Now that's quite interesting, cos if myp isn't telling the truth, how do we know? He's dropped hints that he's human through the game, the only way we'd know if he was telling the truth would be if he was killed (he doesn't have any actions at all, he's just a human with a ghost win condition.

Malc

Quite, you don't know 100% whether I'm telling the truth or not. Will the GBs take that chance, though?

I just felt that if the GBs were going to hit me, they'd have done it by now. I feel now that we need a new direction at this point in time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 15:08 
Paws for thought

Joans wrote:
Mr Dom wrote:
myp wrote:

Gnaargh!!!!

:this:

Also :this:

Ghostbusters can now plan around knowing who Peck is, before, they couldn't. I'm not sure havinga known townie who knows nothing is any better than having a unknown who knows nothing.

Quote:
Why on earth did you roleclaim?

Because he has no penis, mainly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 15:08 

myp wrote:
Malc wrote:

Malc

Quite, you don't know 100% whether I'm telling the truth or not. Will the GBs take that chance, though?

I just felt that if the GBs were going to hit me, they'd have done it by now. I feel now that we need a new direction at this point in time.

Well, if you're lying, you're most likely a GB, so they don't really have to "take that chance", do they?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next