Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Politics Scum day 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:27 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Runcle wrote:
And again he voted for me on the base the coins hadnt made an appearance, a fruitless assumption if I had heard one.

Lies and Slander !

I had not voted for you , mearly flagged you as suspicious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:28 
8-Bit Champion

FYI - what i can see of the votes right now :

Politics Scum day 2
VOTE UPDATE

zaphod79: 1 (Runcle)
mr dom: 1 (kalmar)
curiosity: 1 (Mr Dom)
runcle: 1 (myp)
myp: 2 (Curiosity, The Rev Owen)

Not voted: 6 (malc, mr chris, superdupergill, morte, zaphod79, plissken)

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, and 9 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:54 
Time Out for Fun

zaphod79 wrote:
Runcle wrote:
And again he voted for me on the base the coins hadnt made an appearance, a fruitless assumption if I had heard one.

Lies and Slander !

I had not voted for you , mearly flagged you as suspicious

Apologies, But I've still got nothing else to work on, Im leaving the house at half 9, so you've got 30 odd minutes to persuade me to vote for someone else.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:02 
Isn't that lovely?

Myp and Curio are piquing my Curiosity (do you see what I did there?) too, I also wouldn't be surprised if SDG was involved as well.

so for now [vote:Myp]

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:07 
Time Out for Fun

I think curiosity is an innocent member, when I was looking over yesterday, he seemed to start the rush on joans when MrDave was looking to be expelled and MrDave was innocent so I'd like to think Curiosity is.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:22 
8-Bit Champion

Runcle wrote:
Apologies, But I've still got nothing else to work on, Im leaving the house at half 9, so you've got 30 odd minutes to persuade me to vote for someone else.

<sharp intake of breath> , you *must* the the journo , no way would a politition *apologise* !

I dont have much time during the day normally to post or do much on the thread but will be checking in at lunchtime and before the deadline , i dont really have anything to go on and cant give you any real pointers for who else to target , Myp seems to be in the lead to be expelled at the moment but as someone (was it Mr Dave?) mentioned yesterday its often good to get 2 people close to the tipping point and see who squirms with what and who backs them up.

As i mentioned in my post earlier we do need to be careful because the way the numbers play out if there are 3 rebels one bad day today could end it for the faithful

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:43 
Time Out for Fun

Thing is with the two people getting to the tipping point I would say that would have been me and Mrdave yesterday. Although it only works if one of the two people are actually a rebel. MrDave was found out innocent but I can only vouch for myself that Im a loyalist to the bone.
Anyway I have to go now, keeping my vote so I can actually have some kind of impact today.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:29 
Excellent Member

I am not happy about the actions of Myp or Zaphod, right now.

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:31 
UltraMod

Plissken wrote:
I am not happy about the actions of Myp or Zaphod, right now.

I would like to address the Rt Hon gentleman and ask why?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:36 
Excellent Member

I think that we can put your little spat with Curio down as vying for the position within the Party. People know that you two have a long history, dating back to when you were on opposite sides during the English Civil War. (Ah, great times. My great-great-great-great-great grandfather, God rest his soul, was criticially wounded in the Battle of Widdicombes Gash. Splendid chap by all accounts.)

However, your immediate vote for Runcle this morning seemed a little out of character.

As for Zaphod, he says much, without saying anything, as soon as the finger points his way.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:46 
UltraMod

Plissken wrote:
However, your immediate vote for Runcle this morning seemed a little out of character.

I concede that you are correct, and I have been rightly chastised for this by the Speaker. However, I have been working extremely hard with my constituents this morning and have not had enough time to contribute to this session.

I have already in this session and in previous sessions made my position clear with regards to the Rt Hon Runcle MP: he implied he would bring out the coins if he was not expelled from the Party, but he has yet to do so. I find this and his increasingly desperate pleas to be given a stay of execution without really being in danger quite unnerving.

Anyway, I've got to get back to Dunny-on-the-Wolds - I'll be back soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:56 
baron of techno

myp wrote:
I have already in this session and in previous sessions made my position clear with regards to the Rt Hon Runcle MP: he implied he would bring out the coins if he was not expelled from the Party, but he has yet to do so. I find this and his increasingly desperate pleas to be given a stay of execution without really being in danger quite unnerving.

This is a good point actually. Will the Minister produce the results in full before this house, as he promised?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:13 
Ready for action

Since we have until 10pm tonight when parliament closes for the weekend I support the motion of voting for two people and judging reactions. My current concerns are zaphod, because the other time I worked with him he seemed to be very level headed and sensible with his reasoning and this time there seems to be less of that from him.
I was upset with Runcle for suggesting me however he has pointed the finger at a few people and I see this to be more the blind fumbling in the dark of a clueless party loyal-I find myself suspecting people in waves as well. However, if we do not see an appearance of the coins as demanded by parliament then I must suspect him to be disrespectful of the democratic process and therefore having no place in this party.
Myp is also attracting suspicion, he was very involved in the debating to begin with him but after attracting attention he seems to have altered his behaviour. If he is an innocent man he should have nothing to fear!
SO overall, I'm as clear as mud then. I will vote around about 4pm I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:15 
Excellent Member

Politics Scum day 2
VOTE UPDATE

curiosity: 1 (Mr Dom)
myp: 3 (Curiosity, The Rev Owen, Malc)

Not voted: 5 (mr chris, superdupergill, morte, zaphod79, plissken)

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, and 9 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:19 
Ready for action

Actually, I am happy to stick a vote in now to start bringing someone else into a two horse race. Zaphod and myp already have a vote and im slightly suspicious of both so I will do eeny meeny for now.

[vote:zaphod79]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:20 
8-Bit Champion

Plissken wrote:
As for Zaphod, he says much, without saying anything, as soon as the finger points his way.

I would contest that i've said much this time around - mainly because i have not had the time at work that i have for previous 'sessions' and the fact that Runcle voted for me 6 hours before i replied to him probably says its not 'as soon as the finger points' - yesterday Grim... voted for me and i didnt get a chance to reply to him or to defend myself before the day ended.

The real difficulty is what do you do if you *dont* have much to say , i'm a party loyalist , as such no one can vouch for me

Unless the journalist investigated me he doesnt know i'm telling the truth
The Rebels will know i'm not one of them but dont know if i'm a 'power' role for the party or the journalist

The only people at the moment who have any information are the Party leader who knows 2 loyal followers) , the Jouranlist will know the information about the person they investigated last night (if they are still alive) and the rebels know who the other rebels are.

I dont have any great insites into who to vote for right now (which is why at the moment i have not voted) , and i am wary of voting too quickly because i think if we make the wrong choice the rebels have the game won.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:47 
Ready for action

Wouldn't we know if the jounalist had gone?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:51 
Ready for action

Oh hang on,you meant if the person they had investigated was still here. Sorry
,I misunderstood.
Ok I am reluctant to keep a vote in for zaphod because he gave a decent enough answer which is all we can ask for really,but I'm also very reluctant to not have two people up. As long as the leader and whip don't let themselves known then it's our best chance really.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:52 
Excellent Member

I think he meant that the Journalist might have investigated someone who resigned.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 14:36 
8-Bit Champion

Plissken wrote:
I think he meant that the Journalist might have investigated someone who resigned.

Correct - perhaps the line would have been better phrased

Quote:
The only people at the moment who have any EXTRA information are the Party leader who knows 2 loyal followers , the Jouranlist will know the information about the person they investigated last night (if they are still alive) and the rebels know who the other rebels are.

I know we have until later this evening but there doesnt seem to be very much going on in the thread here , we need to make the right decision but making no decision at all is a bad move for the party faithful as we dont have a night 'killing' role , our best attributes are the block vote of the party leader + one person he knows he can trust and the whip but he could be whipping blind.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 14:38 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Vote Update

curiosity: 1 vote (mr dom)
myp: 3 votes (curiosity, the rev owen, malc)
mr dom: 1 vote (kalmar)
zaphod79: 2 votes (superdupergill, runcle)
runcle: 1 vote (myp)

Not voted: mr chris, morte, zaphod79, plissken

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch and 9 votes for there to be no lynch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 14:47 
Excellent Member

We may end up with a deadlock for this session though.

As an idea, if someone is under the Whip, it is perhaps the best course of action for them to reveal so (and not who was doing the Whipping). At least the Whip will be going on under the orders of the Leader and therefore the Party would be following the will of the Leader in forcing a resignation today.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 14:51 
Ready for action

I'm trying to decide who to vote for but I am firing blind and it's really scary! I currently suspect everyone but I could settle on voting for Runcle or Mr Dom or something and then they could turn out to be the party leader or whip or something...
I'm going to have a wee nap right now and then check in later, not much is happening today anyway, I guess everyone is busy with press conferences after the release of our expenses.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 14:54 
Ready for action

Plissken wrote:
We may end up with a deadlock for this session though.

As an idea, if someone is under the Whip, it is perhaps the best course of action for them to reveal so (and not who was doing the Whipping). At least the Whip will be going on under the orders of the Leader and therefore the Party would be following the will of the Leader in forcing a resignation today.

The problem with that though is that the person who is under the whip would then surely become a target for the rebels? The reveal would be good if we managed to vote for a rebel as a result of it but otherwise it could be risky.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 14:56 
baron of techno

superdupergill wrote:
I'm trying to decide who to vote for but I am firing blind and it's really scary! I currently suspect everyone but I could settle on voting for Runcle or Mr Dom or something and then they could turn out to be the party leader or whip or something...

You're right, it's a risk. The best you can do is read through all of the posts of each suspected person in turn and use your instincts.
I'm still going to stick with Mr Dom, and if anyone else wants to join me I'll be happy to take the rap for it if I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 15:02 
Excellent Member

superdupergill wrote:
The problem with that though is that the person who is under the whip would then surely become a target for the rebels? The reveal would be good if we managed to vote for a rebel as a result of it but otherwise it could be risky.

I was thinking about that, but the Whip may have been given to one of the rebels. I'm trying to suggest a break to the impasse.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 15:11 
Ready for action

Oh right...I should really learn to take part less. Ok I am worried the day could end whilst I'm sleeping so I'm going to vote now and then if the situation changes and the day goes on past six I can change again if needs be.
[vote:Mr Dom]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 15:14 
What's this bit for exactly?

I don't want today to finish with no lynch, so I'm gonna go with the no.1 as it stands now...
[vote: myp]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 15:32 
8-Bit Champion

superdupergill wrote:
Oh right...I should really learn to take part less. Ok I am worried the day could end whilst I'm sleeping so I'm going to vote now and then if the situation changes and the day goes on past six I can change again if needs be.

Mr Dom wrote:
I don't want today to finish with no lynch, so I'm gonna go with the no.1 as it stands now...

I realise with the time stuff on here those could have crossed over but that looks very retaliatory by you Mr Dom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 15:32 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

/pokes head around the door

VOTE UPDATE

mr dom: 2 (kalmar, superdupergill)
myp: 4 (Curiosity, Mr Dom, The Rev Owen, Malc)

Not voted: 4 (mr chris, morte, zaphod79, plissken)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 15:38 
Sleepyhead

As much as I'd like to force myp out of the door, I could live with us losing Mr Dom instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 15:47 

zaphod79 wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

Mr Dom wrote:

I realise with the time stuff on here those could have crossed over but that looks very retaliatory by you Mr Dom

Huh? How is it retaliatory when I vote for Myp? If I was voting for superdupergill then maybe.
That strikes me as 'muckraking'.. of the kind the rebels would use...
[vote: zaphod79]

For what it was worth, gills post wasn't there when I posted ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 17:03 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dom wrote:
Huh? How is it retaliatory when I vote for Myp? If I was voting for superdupergill then maybe.
That strikes me as 'muckraking'.. of the kind the rebels would use...
[vote: zaphod79]

No , when you vote you push Myp out more in front so make him the easier choice , voting for SDG doesnt help and it would have put you and Myp as the top two candidates with everyone else on 1

Mr Dom wrote:
For what it was worth, gills post wasn't there when I posted ;)

To me it read - sh*t i'm going to get to the top of the suspicous list unless i do something - quick move someone else out further in front - however if SDG's post was not there, then you voting for the top person is 'normal'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 18:30 
Ready for action

I expected more votes to be in by now. Well I am willing to change my vote if we get to a tipping point but for now I will wait to see what everyone else wants to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 18:46 
Excellent Member

I am considering my options. We need to make a decision for the good of the Party. But first, a slapup meal!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 20:08 
INFINITE POWAH

Hmm. You're all a bunch of suspicious, filthy, corrupt bastards. I shall just toss a coin to see which of you I'm going to get rid of.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 20:16 
Excellent Member

With two hours left

Politics Scum day 2
VOTE UPDATE

zaphod79: 2 (Mr Dom, Runcle)
myp: 3 (Curiosity, The Rev Owen, Malc)

Not voted: 4 (mr chris, morte, zaphod79, plissken)

I don't want to vote Mr Dom, because he's been far too loud to be a nasty rebel. I may have had my differences with him in the past, but I don't think myp is against the Party, either. I really do think that some of the Party need to speak up more, for fear of looking like clever rebel scum, simply lurking in order to let the Party tear itself apart.

Based on the "2 up to make 'em squirm rule", [vote:Zaphod79]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 20:17 
Excellent Member

Sorry, double posted a vote due to copy and paste.

[vote:Zaphod79]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 20:38 
Ready for action

not a good sign that we are getting so few people coming here tonight, although perhaps a no vote could work in our favour since it would at least mean that the good power roles plus party faithful arent wrongly accused. Mind you, that could result in another two people going tonight...cmon people, we better decide.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 20:53 
baron of techno

Yeah, it's going to go down to the wire, or a hung parliament or that.

Not wanting to defend Zaphod but there seems to be a bit of a coordinated push against him, which makes me wary.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 21:01 

superdupergill wrote:
not a good sign that we are getting so few people coming here tonight, although perhaps a no vote could work in our favour since it would at least mean that the good power roles plus party faithful arent wrongly accused. Mind you, that could result in another two people going tonight...cmon people, we better decide.

no vote is bad.
The only way we get info is who does/doesn't vote (read what they do, not what they say).
If we pick a rebel, then the rest of the rebels would be very unlikely to vote, so it gets tougher to vote em out unless the party pulls together.
Chances are 2 people will go overnight, unless we are lucky enough to get the fleet street hack in our midst.

Time is a-ticking tho...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 21:36 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dom wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

no vote is bad.
The only way we get info is who does/doesn't vote (read what they do, not what they say).
If we pick a rebel, then the rest of the rebels would be very unlikely to vote, so it gets tougher to vote em out unless the party pulls together.
Chances are 2 people will go overnight, unless we are lucky enough to get the fleet street hack in our midst.

Time is a-ticking tho...

And another 30 minutes gone and no more posts - if anyone is around we need to get at least a vote in so i'm going with

[vote:Myp]

Which gets him to 4 with me on 3 , and Mr Dom on 2

So there needs to be 3 people to vote on Myp / 4 people to vote on me / 5 people to vote on Mr Dom to not let the day time out in the next 25 minutes

For the good of the party we need to vote - a no vote day just plays into the rebels hands

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 21:49 
8-Bit Champion

okay is there anyone else actually around ? - we need some people here to get the votes in otherwise the days going to time out in 10 minutes ....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 21:52 
Ready for action

[vote:myp]

just so something happens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 21:53 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

VOTE UPDATE

zaphod79: 3 (Mr Dom, Runcle, Plissken)
myp: 4 (Curiosity, The Rev Owen, Malc, zaphod79)

Not voted: 2 (mr chris, morte)

7 votes needed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 21:57 

[vote: Myp]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 21:57 
Excellent Member

[vote:myp]

Just to get something done.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 21:59 

Doesn't seem to be anyone else online.. 2 mins to go on my clock ...
ARGH!!!

(I still am more suss of zaphod than Myp but we need to get something done)
I am suspect of anyone not voting now tho...
VERY suspect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 22:02 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Oops, sorry - missed one vital vote!

Final vote count:

VOTE UPDATE

myp: 7 (Curiosity, Mr Dom, The Rev Owen, Malc, superdupergill, Plissken, zaphod79)

Not voted: 2 (mr chris, morte)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 22:11 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

With his tail between his legs, myp is driven from the chamber. Only to return in 3 years, no doubt, as a peer and special advisor to the government.

myp was a party faithful.

All night actions to me please. Next session will start 10am monday, or sooner if I get all actions in.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2