Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: SuperScum Issue #4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 16:56 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Only Morte and JBR haven't posted today. Not much discussion from anyone except Gill and Dave, mind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 16:57 
Paws for thought

Me and Gill are the excellents (even if she is a bit shifty)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 17:00 
That Rev Chap

It's all making me think that maybe Morte really is a bad guy, because I'd have expected a few more "Fuck it, I'll vote" posts if he was a townie.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 17:01 
Ready for action

I read that in a hurry and thought you were calling me something else there.

We have plenty of time so we don't need to rush a lynch so i say we wait and see if the others have anything to say. If they dont appear this evening though, then i would say put one of them up for being too quiet. If they do appear we can go from there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 17:03 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

OK, fuck it...I'll vote.

[vote: Morte]

Go on, vote for me (I think it's another one required)...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 17:08 
That Rev Chap

[vote:unvote] while I wonder what's going on...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 17:12 
Ready for action

What....? what happens if you get another vote Morte?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 17:22 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

I believe a lynching.

If you comment it is suspicious, if you don't post it is suspcious...you can't really win.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 17:39 
Ready for action

so Morte, do you have any thoughts on what we've been talking about today?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 17:40 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

VOTE UPDATE

bobbyaro: 1 (Mr Dave)
morte: 3 (LaceSensor, Goddess Jasmine, Morte)

Not voted: 6 (bobbyaro, craster, jbr, mr dom, superdupergill, the rev owen)

With 10 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch, and 8 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 17:46 
Best
Board Mother

Anyway, I just don't really have anything to go on, I don't know if what Dave is saying makes sense, but it's in my favour, so I shalln't argue. For now.

I'd ceratinly like to hear more from morte, I ill admit my vote was only to try and get some sort of reaction, I don't like people voting for themselves, unless it is part of their win condition of course.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 18:24 
What's this bit for exactly?

I'm still totally confused...
Why would Morte vote for himself?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 18:36 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

I can think of a reason why Morte would vote for himself. The other reason is that it gets people to do exactly what Rev Owen did and un-vote, so...?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 20:08 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

Can't talk...have gun in my mouth.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 20:11 

Morte wrote:
Can't talk...have gun in my mouth.

:DD Err, I mean, don't do it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 22:43 

Due to complete (suspicious) silence...

[vote:JBR]
Ummm.. thats about all I have to go on atm tho...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:27 
Soopah red DS

Morning all,

apologies for quietness - my boss is clearly mad, we run the best burger joint in town and he goes and closes us down over the potentially busy Easter weekend, and gives me all of this week off to boot. Still, great to be able to stroll about.

I'm a bit perplexed by this game - it has a weird pattern, with many of the players who are usually killed off quickly by the bad guys for fear of their being a threat living for several days. I wonder whether that's because the remaining bad guys are relative newcomers who care little for reputations? I'm tempted as a result to vote Mr Dom, though that now looks like a simple revenge vote so I'll hold off for the mo. FOS, anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:08 
That Rev Chap

The baddies are doing their job very well - I'm horribly confused right now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 
That Rev Chap

Does anyone have any idea on who to lynch? We've only got until five o'clock and will need just about all the remaining goodies to vote if we want to get a baddie.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:10 

Sorry JBR - I was trying to prise you out of the woodwork ;)

The 'Wannabee' was a nasty kick in the nuts for the town - it cost us 1 day lynching a townie & not much info from the lynch. About the only solid 'info' we have is from MaliA & Runcles lynch, and that's not much to go on at this stage.

mr dom: 1 (Rodafowa)
lacesensor: 1 (Mr Chris)
mr chris: 1 (MaliA)
myp: 1 (Curiosity)
malia: 12 (kalmar, Mr Dave, JBR, Mr Dom, The Rev Owen, Runcle, LaceSensor, Morte, Craster, Goddess Jasmine, Mr Russell, Joans)
Not voted: 6 (bobbyaro, doctor glyndwr, malc, myp, superdupergill, zaphod79)

kalmar: 1 (Mr Dave)
curiosity: 2 (Runcle, Mr Russell)
goddess jasmine: 5 (JBR, Bobbyaro, Morte, kalmar, superdupergill)
runcle: 8 (The Rev Owen, Rodafowa, Doctor Glyndwr, Craster, LaceSensor, zaphod79, Joans, Curiosity, goddess jasmine, mr dom)

I think we have 3 scum to find, and a naive 'guess' would be: they would have joined in on MaliA, but not on Runcle, which gives: Mr Dave, JBR, Morte
My gut instinct would be to say that there would be at least 1 scum out of that group, but sadly thats the same odds of a random stab in the dark :/ Unless of course Iron Man can shed any light on this.

Can anyone explain why Morte would vote himself? Is it a scummy move? Looks wierd/dodgy to me. (I'm guessing not Hulky-ness as I didn't think the Hulk knows he is the hulk?)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 
Paws for thought

Mr Dom wrote:
Can anyone explain why Morte would vote himself? Is it a scummy move? Looks wierd/dodgy to me. (I'm guessing not Hulky-ness as I didn't think the Hulk knows he is the hulk?)

Interestingly, he got it slightly wrong...

Currently
jbr: 1 (Mr Dom)

Not voted: 5 (bobbyaro, craster, jbr, superdupergill, the rev owen)

With 10 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch, and 8 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

With the now withdrawn rev, that's 4 votes, two off of the required amount, not one as stated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:40 
That Rev Chap

I don't trust anyone except Craster. Everyone's a suspect, making me think that the people I think are scummy might not be scummy because they're being voted for by other people who I think are scummy. Which is probably part of the whole scummy plan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I suspect that this day will only end when I point my finger at someone and get everyone to vote along with me. Unfortunately, I'm not all that convinced myself yet....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:47 
That Rev Chap

[vote: Mr Dom]

Honestly, though, I don't know why.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:59 
Paws for thought

The Rev Owen wrote:
I don't trust anyone except Craster. Everyone's a suspect, making me think that the people I think are scummy might not be scummy because they're being voted for by other people who I think are scummy. Which is probably part of the whole scummy plan.

There are two people I currently trust (Craster + 1) and one who is more likely than others to be safe (GJ). Leaving 6 to choose from.

I'm sticking with Bobby for now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:05 
Soopah red DS

Just Craster that I trust, too - and I'd certainly follow him if he led but, quite rightly, he's not jumping in. We're getting to the point where we can't afford to lose a townie, because with a few more deaths in the night we'd be right up against the wall. I think we have to be suss of the quiet people but this point does show the wisdom of it - other than mentioning the coins early on, and that's probably just a throwaway, there's little to go on against Lacesensor, same with Morte. Bobby has been chatting regularly and certainly 'involved in the town square', rather than staying quiet but I can't make up my mind one way or the other with him. Superdupergill is very garrulous and seems like a lovely and naive townie but I've been fooled by them before. Rev Owen is, I think, probably not in the supervillain gang but could still be the sk. Mr Dave? Plays a canny game, I'm a bit suss just because he's normally offed early and hasn't been this time but I'm inclined to trust him.

All of which, perhaps by default, leaves me with Mr Dom.

For now [Vote: Mr Dom]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:11 

Craster wrote:
I suspect that this day will only end when I point my finger at someone and get everyone to vote along with me. Unfortunately, I'm not all that convinced myself yet....

Thing is, you are the only one we can trust, & you know more than us

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:17 

JBR wrote:
All of which, perhaps by default, leaves me with Mr Dom.

For now [Vote: Mr Dom]

Hmm.. one unknown and one 'by default' :(
All I can say is that I'm just a boring old vanilla townie and would rather not get lynched, tho I fully expect to be horribly done in overnight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:30 
Soopah red DS

You're right, it's thin - I'm either trusting Mr Dave or Rev Owen, and going with Rev Owen's gut at the mo. Quite prepared to unvote, old chap.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:33 
Ready for action

I think that at the moment i am most suspicious of Morte, because of that weird voting for himself thing. is this some aspect of his role that he is fulfilling or is he just trying to get people to become more confused and stop voting for him? It seems unlikely that the town would be unlucky enough to have another psychotic innocent surely?

I am also very wary of Mr Dave and GJ. Originally I was unsure of GJ because she was one of the late voters to lynch MaliA and at that point that was the only hint we had to go on. She has dropped a few hints which are obviously meant to relate to a role but I don't see that really helping us any. I kind of gave up on her as a suspect just because everyone else seemed to have done the same but now I am suspicious of her again by association. I STILL don't really get Mr Dave's thought process as to why he can trust her. Currently, the only person I know I can trust is Craster, same as everyone else-so how does Mr Dave know he can trust her?

I am probably just being a bit thick but that's not like me. Can anyone explain it to me again? Because If his thinking is sound then we could go along with it and eliminate them from suspicion but otherwise i think i will want to vote mr dave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:41 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

On day 2, there were two vote candidates, GJ and Runcle. Runcle was a bad guy, so it would be reasonable to expect that the bad guys would be pushing to lynch a candidate who was a townie. This therefore suggests that GJ is a townie (although there's nothing stopping her being the Black Spectre).

The same logic suggests that one or more of JBR, Bobbyaro, Morte, kalmar, superdupergill are bad guys.

It's all circumstantial though - and there's reasons why the bad guys would have written Runcle off and switched votes to him at the end of the day to avoid suspicion - also possibly implicating Joans, Curiosity, goddess jasmine, mr dom

SO. We're running out of time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:41 
Ready for action

Re reading the conversation taking place over the last few days has raised a few more questions for me. GJ mentioned she was suspicious of a conversation Mr Dave had had on a previous day so i went to look at it. Mr Dave then, somewhat bizarrely (and still not very clearly to me) attempted to clear GJ of all suspicion by dissecting the votes on the day Runcle got lynched.
Maybe Mr Dave didn't want suspicion to be directed towards him so he decided to be a friend to GJ? If she is innocent, and mentioned a feeling about Mr Dave, then he proceeded to tell everyone how he doesn't think she can be a bad guy then it is unlikely she will continue to raise suspicion about him.
I'll wander back through the town in a wee while but meanwhile I'm going to leave a vote in, so...
[Vote: Mr Dave]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:42 
That Rev Chap

Trusting Craster.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:50 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

mr dave: 1 (superdupergill)
mr dom: 1 (JBR)
jbr: 3 (Mr Dom, The Rev Owen, Craster)

Not voted: 1 (bobbyaro)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:50 
Paws for thought

superdupergill wrote:
I think that at the moment i am most suspicious of Morte, because of that weird voting for himself thing. is this some aspect of his role that he is fulfilling or is he just trying to get people to become more confused and stop voting for him? It seems unlikely that the town would be unlucky enough to have another psychotic innocent surely?

I am also very wary of Mr Dave and GJ. Originally I was unsure of GJ because she was one of the late voters to lynch MaliA and at that point that was the only hint we had to go on. She has dropped a few hints which are obviously meant to relate to a role but I don't see that really helping us any. I kind of gave up on her as a suspect just because everyone else seemed to have done the same but now I am suspicious of her again by association. I STILL don't really get Mr Dave's thought process as to why he can trust her. Currently, the only person I know I can trust is Craster, same as everyone else-so how does Mr Dave know he can trust her?

Chances of two Dr Doom bad guys sharing that amount of votes are low, given the of the people not voting for either 1 was townie, 1 was villian, 1 is unknown (Except by me)

The SK isn't so important, that's just a die roll, so while GJ could still be that, it makes her safe enough by my book.

There are other possibilities, it could be that GJ is a wrong un, and the bad guys were aiming for the end of the day with no lynch, but at the end of the day, at least one bad guy voted for GJ/Runcle. Since I'm innocent, that's two. If both of them were bad guys, you'd expect them to go for Curio to try and split the vote in that direction.

Frankly, I've got 3 people I can trust, 6 who I can't, which leaves me with a 1/3 chance of hitting Dr Doom or his henchman at minimum. Possibly a 1/2. I don't see anyone else saying anything other than "I can trust Craster and myself" other than Craster. I'll go along with a lynch of any of those 6, although I have preferences.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:52 
Paws for thought

[vote: JBR]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:06 

Hang on one cotton picking second:
Mr Dave, if that is your real name, why do you trust 2 people? Only Ironman knows the identity of goodies, you know the identity of two people, one is Craster, the other must be bad, therefore you are bad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:08 
Paws for thought

Bobbyaro wrote:
Hang on one cotton picking second:
Mr Dave, if that is your real name, why do you trust 2 people? Only Ironman knows the identity of goodies, you know the identity of two people, one is Craster, the other must be bad, therefore you are bad.

Because i'm clever, and I've read the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:10 

Right! Care to elaborate?

Craster, are you just shooting in the dark with JBR, or do you have anything? Happy to go along, if Mr Dave can explain the above, but just wondered.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:12 
Paws for thought

No, I don't. Why is Craster not saying who our allies are? Same applies for me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:14 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Bobbyaro wrote:
Right! Care to elaborate?

Craster, are you just shooting in the dark with JBR, or do you have anything? Happy to go along, if Mr Dave can explain the above, but just wondered.

Suspicion and being on my list earlier this page of suspect voters.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:16 

Because the only people with allies are Ironman and Doctor Doom.

Sorry, but come on!
[vote: Mr Dave]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:20 
Paws for thought

Yes, which'd make it pretty damn stupid to say if I was Dr Doom.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:22 
Best
Board Mother

I *think* I have Mr Dave sussed. :)

[vote: JBR]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:23 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

mr dom: 1 (JBR)
morte: 2 (LaceSensor, Morte)
mr dave: 2 (superdupergill, Bobbyaro)
jbr: 5 (Goddess Jasmine, Mr Dave, Mr Dom, The Rev Owen, Craster)

Not voted: 0 ()

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:26 
That Rev Chap

So... who's going to shift over and finish him?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:33 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

More interestingly, who isn't?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:38 
Soopah red DS

Well, I'm not going to shoot myself!

I can see it's totally fair for me to be on the suss list, and perhaps can't save myself now, but if you check back at that day I voted for Runcle early on and then was happy for him to be lynched - at one point he was up to nine votes and we were just waiting for someone to finish him, as was I. Then Curio shifted and eventually I followed, before being wrong footed by the shift from GJ back to Runcle, but since the lynch went in I was happy.

So, someone else *ought* to be more suss, I say.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:42 
Paws for thought

JBR wrote:
So, someone else *ought* to be more suss, I say.

You're not in the top places of my suspect list, I'll admit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 13:42 

[vote:jbr]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next