Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: SuperScum Issue #2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:25 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Joans wrote:
If I was Deadpool I might say something at this point. ;)

[deadpool]
I am wondering if :

1) I should put [deadpool] [/deadpool] on a lot of my posts
2) If the posting asking people to keep on character as much contributed to the quiet morning today.

[/deadpool]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:27 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

zaphod79 wrote:
Joans wrote:

[deadpool]
I am wondering if :

2) If the posting asking people to keep on character as much contributed to the quiet morning today.

[/deadpool]

Stop.

It.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

zaphod79 wrote:
Joans wrote:

[deadpool]
I am wondering if :

[/deadpool]

I don't think really you should be doing that at all. Unless you are Deadpool.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:28 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

fine [vote: Goddess Jasmine]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:28 

Craster wrote:
Really? I wouldn't. We know that tomorrow we will have a confirmed Iron Man (me), who can back up anything Deadpool has to say without exposing him. Better than outing yourself and getting killed.

Please don't do this, Mr fake-Iron Man.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:32 
Ready for action

I think lynching Runcle is a bad idea he has been very active and if we did lynch him and found out he was good it would be bad for the town based on nothing but a wooly accusation.

If people are unsure then better no lynching at all since the purpose of a lynch is to get info since we wont get info any other way. Today this isnt the case since we have the spiderman/venom plan so a lynch isnt strictly neccesary.

As i said earlier, if we DO decide to lynch, lets target a quiet person and then we are getting some info on people who arent really contributing much right now. I chose Goddess Jasmine because although she has made the occasional comment she hasnt really joined in with the speculation which is helping her dodge attention, and also because she was one of the latecomers to the MaliA bandwagon.

they are my thoughts, agree or disagree as you see fit. But remember, if we lynch runcle and he's innocent then its going to look dodgy for the voters because there isnt really a reason, at least my reasons for my vote have a bit of logic too them.

Also, i do go about MaliA a bit eh? I'll try not to get all corny and start confessing love

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:41 
Soopah red DS

I agree with you, SuperDuper, except that we are running out of time and there's a lot of fence-sitting. Lynching someone is still - on just day 2 - more important than doing nowt, so unless we can flush out more than, what are we up to, 4? votes then GJ is off the hook. And again we'll be letting the quiet ones slip by, but if we can't lynch them then we can't lynch them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:43 
8-Bit Champion

VOTE UPDATE

craster: 1 (Morte)
kalmar: 2 (Mr Dave, Curiosity)
curiosity: 3 (Rodafowa, Runcle, Mr Russell)
goddess jasmine: 4 (Bobbyaro, kalmar, superdupergill, zaphod79)
runcle: 7 (The Rev Owen, Doctor Glyndwr, JBR, Craster, Mr Dom, Joans, LaceSensor)

Not voted: 1 (goddess jasmine)

With 18 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Okay - with the darkness closing in and some actions already decided upon for tonight as group we need to decide who we want to get rid of.

To get rid of GJ we need another 6 votes for her in the next 80 minutes before sunset
To get rid of Runcle we need 3 votes for him
To get rid of Curiosity we need another 7 votes

Anyone want to make the case for keeping or ditching any of the three above ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:46 
baron of techno

JBR wrote:
I agree with you, SuperDuper, except that we are running out of time and there's a lot of fence-sitting. Lynching someone is still - on just day 2 - more important than doing nowt, so unless we can flush out more than, what are we up to, 4? votes then GJ is off the hook. And again we'll be letting the quiet ones slip by, but if we can't lynch them then we can't lynch them.

Indeed (well, apart from where you're still sitting on the fence yourself while saying it!). There's plenty of us milling about in the town square though, a last minute consensus might still happen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:46 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I'd say that if we go for Runcle, then we know I'm more likely to be telling the truth and we can switch who venom goes for - that will leave us two dead guys down in the morning and we won't need to spend another lynch on Joans.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:47 
8-Bit Champion

Case for getting rid of GJ - shes been very quiet - saying virtually nothing today and very little yesterday , and was part of the late run against Malia

Case for getting rid of Runcle - The rev's comments and thoughts about the SK's message , was part of the late run against Malia

Case for getting rid of Curio - he 'feels wrong' (cant see much definitive comments against him?)

With the sun setting we need to do something - if it comes to it i will switch back to Runcle so we get a kill in - we would only need 2 others to do the same , however he is at least contributing to the discussion (although he could be a nasty person and still doing this).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:48 

Craster wrote:
I'd say that if we go for Runcle, then we know I'm more likely to be telling the truth and we can switch who venom goes for - that will leave us two dead guys down in the morning and we won't need to spend another lynch on Joans.

I'm voting for Runcle as well, how does it make you more likely to be telling the truth if he's a bad guy?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:50 
That Rev Chap

With just over an hour left, there's no chance of lynching anyone but Runcle. So if anyone wants a lynch, vote for him. If you don't want to lynch anybody, don't. There's no chance of reaching a consensus on anyone else this late on, I don't reckon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:50 
Soopah red DS

Joans wrote:
Craster wrote:

I'm voting for Runcle as well, how does it make you more likely to be telling the truth if he's a bad guy?

Plus it's a bit tricky for us to 'tell' Venom to change what we've already suggested once the vote's locked and you're proven right or wrong.

Point taken on the fence-sitting, Kalmar, but my vote's in at the mo and I'm trying to help others along - with the decision-making, that is, not helping them into another life.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:51 

Craster wrote:

Again, how? We are voting for Runcle based on a hint of a clue from the Serial Killer, that Rev Owen and Kalmar acted upon. How does that redeem you in anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:51 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Joans wrote:
Craster wrote:

Because I've always been voting for him, you just switched when forced into it by dazzling argument.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:52 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Bobbyaro wrote:
Craster wrote:

Again, how? We are voting for Runcle based on a hint of a clue from the Serial Killer, that Rev Owen and Kalmar acted upon. How does that redeem you in anyway?

Because if I was a bad guy, and Runcle's a bad guy, why would I have been voting for him all day? Keep up.

Sleepyhead

[vote:Goddess Jasmine]

Spidey and Venom should do what was agreed, no matter what happens with the lynch.

That Rev Chap

I don't think the result of the lynch, if it happens, will tell us anything about Craster or Joans, so Venom and Spidey should stick to the agreed plan, whatever happens.

Craster wrote:
Joans wrote:
Craster wrote:

Because I've always been voting for him, you just switched when forced into it by dazzling argument.

But that's like saying I've always been claiming Iron Man, you just did it when the votes started coming.
SWIDT?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:55 
baron of techno

Bobbyaro wrote:

Just to be clear - I wasn't convinced by Rev Owen's revelation, I voted for him more on the basis that he was amongst the "hurry up and lynch maliA" people yesterday.

I'm forced to agree that anyone is better than no-one at this stage though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:57 
That Rev Chap

Seeing people trying to make sure that Runcle isn't lynched is making me very suspicious and making me think that I'm wrong about him being Black Spectre, but is instead part of the supervillian team.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 15:58 
That Rev Chap

Mind you, if we lynch him and he turns out to be Spidey or Venom, we're boned.

baron of techno

The Rev Owen wrote:
With just over an hour left, there's no chance of lynching anyone but Runcle. So if anyone wants a lynch, vote for him. If you don't want to lynch anybody, don't. There's no chance of reaching a consensus on anyone else this late on, I don't reckon.

Numerically I don't think this is correct - there's actually enough people standing around just now to switch over and do the deed, if they felt like it.

What's this bit for exactly?

2 iron men... Hmmm....
Both voting for Runcle tho, so my previous logic should bear out:
Iron Man knows who 3 of the good guys are, so going by their judgement should be 'safe-ish'

However...
Craster wrote:
One question - are you a town power role or a normal vanilla townie, Runcle?

Iron Man would have known this (except maybe Venom)

That makes Craster a bit more suss...

However - one of our iron men is good, one is scum - scum know scum are, iron mans knows who goodies are. Both vote for Runcle. Therefore Runcle is neither a power goodie or a power baddie, making him an honost-to-goodness townie (or the SK, which fits wth the hint)

[vote:unvote]
Please explain why you don't know Runcle is a townie power role if you really are Iron man...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:00 
baron of techno

Good logic there Dom. Err, I think!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:01 
PC Gamer

superdupergill wrote:
I think lynching Runcle is a bad idea he has been very active and if we did lynch him and found out he was good it would be bad for the town based on nothing but a wooly accusation.

If people are unsure then better no lynching at all since the purpose of a lynch is to get info since we wont get info any other way.

You're right in that early lynchings are a way of getting information, but you've missed one important way in which that's true.

Part of it is putting people under pressure to see what they reveal, but more to the point it also tells us who was and wasn't willing to vote for the lynchee. There are enough townies to chuck a few away in the early going to find out what names keep appearing in the list of people who "got unlucky" and voted to lynch somebody innocent (or even better, who didn't jump aboard the bandwagon to string up a baddie).

Of course, the wrong 'uns know this and try to mix things up, but that gets harder and harder for them to do as the game goes on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:01 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

It's getting pretty dark now. Not looking at each other, Craster and Joans go off to fetch sticks. It doesn't take long to get a fire burning.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:03 
PC Gamer

Mr Dom wrote:
2 iron men... Hmmm....
Iron Man knows who 3 of the good guys are, so going by their judgement should be 'safe-ish'

That is actually a really good point.

[vote: Runcle]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:04 
8-Bit Champion

The chiming of the clocktower means we're into the last hour of the day

Mr Dom thats a very interesting post - he could still be Venom (since Iron man does not know the identity of Venom) , or one of the special roles , or one of the roles who are not activated until someone else dies

That Rev Chap

I've drawn a great big R on the front cover of one of my Morrissey albums.

kalmar wrote:
Good logic there Dom. Err, I think!

Very good logic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:07 
Time Out for Fun

The Rev Owen wrote:

is it one of the good ones?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:09 
That Rev Chap

Runcle wrote:
The Rev Owen wrote:

is it one of the good ones?

No, one of the shit ones.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:10 
Time Out for Fun

ah well thats alright then.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:11 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Dom wrote:
2 iron men... Hmmm....

However...
Craster wrote:

However - one of our iron men is good, one is scum - scum know scum are, iron mans knows who goodies are. Both vote for Runcle. Therefore Runcle is neither a power goodie or a power baddie, making him an honost-to-goodness townie (or the SK, which fits wth the hint)

Please explain why you don't know Runcle is a townie power role if you really are Iron man...

Because the point of it was to have Runcle admit he's not a power role, which makes Joans' earlier refusal to vote for him suspicious.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:11 

Craster wrote:
Mr Dom wrote:
2 iron men... Hmmm....

However...
Craster wrote:

Because the point of it was to have Runcle admit he's not a power role, which makes Joans' earlier refusal to vote for him suspicious.

Hang on. When did I refuse to vote for him?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:14 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Well, admittedly you didn't explicitly refuse, but you didn't precisely seem keen.

PC Gamer

Both "Iron Men" are willing to vote for Runcle. That means that absolute worst-case scenario, we're stringing up a vanilla townie and on Day 2 I'll live with that. Come on everyone, it's a party at the town square! Bring bottle and noose.

Soopah red DS

Plus you tipped the vote onto MaliA, which put you into the list of those in on the "run", and therefore slightly more suss. A gentle fos, if you will.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:17 

Craster wrote:
Well, admittedly you didn't explicitly refuse, but you didn't precisely seem keen.

Well when someone suddenly claims to be me, you can perhaps understand why I was a little more suspicious of you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:17 
baron of techno

That fire's nice and toasty. I've got some pies left from lunchtime, pastry's a bit soggy now but they'll heat up nicely. Anyone?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:20 
8-Bit Champion

kalmar wrote:
That fire's nice and toasty. I've got some pies left from lunchtime, pastry's a bit soggy now but they'll heat up nicely. Anyone?

mmmmmm pie <drooooooool>

Its getting dangerously close to the end of the day , I cant see a swing going for anyone else so :

[vote:Runcle]

(Sorry Runcle if you are a vanilla townie)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:20 
What's this bit for exactly?

zaphod79 wrote:
The chiming of the clocktower means we're into the last hour of the day

Mr Dom thats a very interesting post - he could still be Venom (since Iron man does not know the identity of Venom) , or one of the special roles , or one of the roles who are not activated until someone else dies

He could be - that why I have unvoted. I'm fairly certain that Runcle is not part of Dr Dooms gang else one of the Iron men would not have voted for him.

Venom & Spidey stuff... yeah.

Venom cant kill iron man so cant get killed if he picks the wrongun between them, so best leave sorting this out to him. BUT - everyone needs to know that Venom WILL be targetting Craster - cos if we assume that & Craster still lives then Joans will be lynched like no tomorrow...
There is a chance Venom could get role-blocked if caliban is around, but hopefully venom is still safe & secret.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:21 
baron of techno

Rodafowa wrote:
Both "Iron Men" are willing to vote for Runcle. That means that absolute worst-case scenario, we're stringing up a vanilla townie and on Day 2 I'll live with that. Come on everyone, it's a party at the town square! Bring bottle and noose.

Dude, worst case it's Venom! Anyway, I think we'll find out fairly soon..

Soopah red DS

I'm missing a trick, here - I'm a burger flipper, but Kalmar's going to clean up by being alternate vendor. Come! Grab a burger! Not from the griddle, just give me a second to squeeze some special sauce on.

SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Joans wrote:
Craster wrote:

Well when someone suddenly claims to be me, you can perhaps understand why I was a little more suspicious of you?

Pfft. We had a good Runcle vote going long before I claimed you lying dog.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:22 

Craster wrote:
Joans wrote:
Craster wrote:

Pfft. We had a good Runcle vote going long before I claimed you lying dog.

Sorry, I've been at a millionaires party for most of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:24 
8-Bit Champion

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

SuperScum Issue #2
VOTE UPDATE

craster: 1 (Morte)
kalmar: 1 (Mr Dave)
curiosity: 2 (Runcle, Mr Russell)
goddess jasmine: 4 (Curiosity, Bobbyaro, kalmar, superdupergill)
runcle: 8 (The Rev Owen, Rodafowa, Doctor Glyndwr, JBR, Craster, Joans, LaceSensor, zaphod79)

Not voted: 2 (goddess jasmine, mr dom)

With 18 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

38 minutes left - for a lynch we're going to need 6 people to switch to GJ or 2 for Runcle (the 8 required for Curiosity i think is a little unlikely)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 16:26 
Sleepyhead

Rodafowa wrote:

Who knows who the baddies/goodies are.

Iron Man knows three goodies.
Dr Doom knows some baddies and possibly one other role
Deadpool possibly knows someone did something

Iron Man could not, at all, be certain that someone is a bad guy at this point. Craster staked his life on Runcle being a baddie. There's no way he could be sure. The only person who can be sure of a member of the opposition is a baddie who has investigated and found out about their role.

Craster's insistence that Runcle needs to be voted for makes me think he found our Runcs is either the SK or a potential vigilante.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next