Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: SuperScum Issue #2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:22 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

The beach is quite chilly at this time of the morning, but everyone seems to be here.
Oh no, wait - that's not right - where's Myp?
Noticing some commotion, you head up to the town. By the time you get there, a crowd of people is gathered near the butchers shop. At first you wonder why you can hear the song 'Muscle Muscle Man', and then you wonder why everyone is looking upward. Myp is hanging from some sticky web-like goo wrapped around his neck, and he's clearly dead. What's this on the floor - a lions-face mask? It's just like the one Grim... Ohh. Still serenaded by the chorus of 'Muscle Muscle Man', you dash into the butchers, and find spears, tribal costumes and a really sweet pair of Nikes - oh, and the butcher, who it appears you've been having with mash for the past week or so. Turns out Myp was the Grim Hunter.
That damned song is still coming from next door - it's clearly a mobile ringing. Over and over again... Why doesn't someone answer the damned phone? Finally, you can stand it no longer, and open the door.
Oh dear.
Mr Chris is, or what's left of him, is in the corner. He's been pulverised almost beyond recognition, and he's covered with ectoplasmic slime. Someone picks up the phone - it says "Boss Calling" on the screen. They switch it off. Mr Chris was the a townie receptionist.
With mixed feelings, you all head back to the beach, but it's quite a hike. Maybe a short trip on the river-boat will ease your journey.
You wait at the pier for 30 minutes, but no boat comes. Annoyed, you head to the nearby captain's house.
Oh dear, oh dear.
Malc is laying on the floor next to his TV, his hair on end. A power cable goes into one ear, and a HDMI cable comes from the other, heading to his TV. A copy of GTA4 is in his mouth. On the wall nearby is written "I can't find the last pigeon!" The keys to the boat and a captain's hat hang nearby. Malc was the townie river-boat captain.

[playerlist]
Bobbyaro
Craster
Curiosity
Doctor Glyndwr
Goddess Jasmine
JBR
Joans
Kalmar
LaceSensor
Morte
Mr Dave
Mr Dom
Mr Russell
Rodafowa
Runcle
Superdupergill
The Rev Owen
Zaphod79
[/playerlist]

Last edited by Cras on Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Removed MaliA from the player list.

Post subject: Re: SuperScum Issue #2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:26 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

With 19 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.
The day will end at 5pm tomorrow (Wednesday).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

3 Townies and a henchman down. I guess it's fair to assume that Venom didn't risk killing last night, so the henchman kill must have been Black Spectre.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:31 
That Rev Chap

Blimey.

At least we got one of the bad guys.

In memory of Malc's demise, I'll be selling the official GTA IV strategy guide for half price today. Maybe if the bad guy had had a copy he wouldn't have turned into a killer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:32 
Sleepyhead

I frikkin' said myp was a bad guy! Cheers for that, SK!

:D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:32 

Craster wrote:
I guess it's fair to assume that Venom didn't risk killing last night, so the henchman kill must have been Black Spectre.
The webbing mention in one of the death descriptions sounds like Venom to me, although that's potentially misleading. Anyway if Black Spectre and Venom both killed last night then Doom might have investigated, rather than killed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:35 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Craster wrote:
I guess it's fair to assume that Venom didn't risk killing last night, so the henchman kill must have been Black Spectre.
The webbing mention in one of the death descriptions sounds like Venom to me, although that's potentially misleading. Anyway if Black Spectre and Venom both killed last night then Doom might have investigated, rather than killed.

Ah, true. In that case, Venom got fucking lucky.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:36 
Sleepyhead

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Craster wrote:

Actually, it has to be that. Black Spectre, from what I can gather, woudl be the only person not doing super-killing (I don't know of the character outside of this game, but he seems to just be a mental). So he'd have killed Malc, leaving Venom to take out Grim Hunter.

Which is, frankly, a crazy (if ultimately correct) call to make.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:38 
That Rev Chap

So who did Spidey target, then?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:39 
baron of techno

Oh FFS. There was definitely a Lynch Rush at the end yesterday - I was going to come back on later and unvote Mali after he did his prozzie reveal and he was already lynched!

I'm pointing fingers at Morte and Craster.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:41 

Curiosity wrote:
Based on the kill descriptions, it has to be Venom ("webbing") / Hybrid ("pulvarised") / Black Spectre (no super powers), in that order. And yes, Venom got very lucky!

Which means Doctor Doom presumably investigated and knows the role of one person this morning.

No-one was cut from Spidey's webbing this morning, which means either he targetted myp (who was immune to it) or he was roleblocked. There are no other public roleblock roles though I think (Caliban can't have done anything, as Hyrbid was the henchman active last night) but we do have 2/3 hidden roles still to consider.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:41 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

How was it a prozzie reveal though? Good guy or bad guy, you've still got a day job - it's not like there's a list of 'innocent town roles' that somehow proved Mali wasn't a bad guy.

He was as good a pick as anyone else would have been. Ultimately wrong, but that's pretty typical.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:43 
That Rev Chap

I need to print off the rules, I think. I keep having to go back and reread them. Makes my head hurt.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:45 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
No-one was cut from Spidey's webbing this morning, which means either he targetted myp (who was immune to it) or he was roleblocked.

Woah, hang on - does that mean we'll know if Spidey successfully targets someone overnight?

baron of techno

Craster wrote:
How was it a prozzie reveal though? Good guy or bad guy, you've still got a day job - it's not like there's a list of 'innocent town roles' that somehow proved Mali wasn't a bad guy.

He was as good a pick as anyone else would have been. Ultimately wrong, but that's pretty typical.

I don't mean it proved anything, but it did explain some of the other things he was saying which at first sounded dodgy. For that reason I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

You buggers piled on even after he'd explained that, and didn't even wait to see if he had anything else to say. That's totally not cool!

Soopah red DS

We did hang too quickly yesterday, but I'm loth to point any fingers because it's easy for anyone to get carried away and think 'right, let's kill someone'. However, seeing as we got it wrong *again* and only Curio's baddie radar seems to be working we'll have to be a bit more circumspect today.

Malc's killing sounds like Black Spectre, seeing as it's completely hatstand. Pigeon?!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:46 
That Rev Chap

Craster wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
No-one was cut from Spidey's webbing this morning, which means either he targetted myp (who was immune to it) or he was roleblocked.

Woah, hang on - does that mean we'll know if Spidey successfully targets someone overnight?

Yeah, we have to cut them down out the webbing, so we know who Spidey's targeted overnight, if it succeeds.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:49 
Soopah red DS

Craster wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Craster, man - read the rules! :smug:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:50 
baron of techno

JBR wrote:
We did hang too quickly yesterday, but I'm loth to point any fingers because it's easy for anyone to get carried away and think 'right, let's kill someone'. However, seeing as we got it wrong *again* and only Curio's baddie radar seems to be working we'll have to be a bit more circumspect today.

And we need any info from superguys who may have done investigating.

Quote:
Malc's killing sounds like Black Spectre, seeing as it's completely hatstand. Pigeon?!

It's a GTA4 thing. But yes, hatstand.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:51 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

JBR wrote:
Craster, man - read the rules! :smug:

Er...yeah, my bad. I read Spidey=Roleblocker and that was about it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:51 
Soopah red DS

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Based on the kill descriptions, it has to be Venom ("webbing") / Hybrid ("pulvarised") / Black Spectre (no super powers), in that order. And yes, Venom got very lucky!

Which means Doctor Doom presumably investigated and knows the role of one person this morning.

No-one was cut from Spidey's webbing this morning, which means either he targetted myp (who was immune to it) or he was roleblocked. There are no other public roleblock roles though I think (Caliban can't have done anything, as Hyrbid was the henchman active last night) but we do have 2/3 hidden roles still to consider.

Could it mean, though, that myp had already been webbed up by Spidey and was then killed - which makes for good work by both Spidey and whoever got him (if Venom, then you are one fine gambler and to be saluted - plus, can I have next week's lottery numbers?).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:53 
That Rev Chap

JBR wrote:
Could it mean, though, that myp had already been webbed up by Spidey and was then killed - which makes for good work by both Spidey and whoever got him (if Venom, then you are one fine gambler and to be saluted - plus, can I have next week's lottery numbers?).

Myp was immune to Spidey's web, though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:55 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

None of that helps us much with today, as the only outed bad guy is myp, and we know that he didn't vote for anyone yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:56 
That Rev Chap

Hmm. Runcle came into my bookshop a while back asking for the GTA IV strategy guide because he had one pigeon left to find and couldn't find it anywhere. I was all out, though, so he went home empty handed.

I know he eventually did find that pigeon the next day, but he was very angry and frustrated about it at the time.

A clue to Black Spectre's identity or is Black Spectre planting red herrings?

There's only one way to find out and I've got no better ideas, so -

[vote:Runcle]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:57 
baron of techno

JBR wrote:

That sounds plausible. I think Venom is definitely involved due to the fact that he's dead and goo is involved. If it was some other character killed him, it would probably say something else.

Spidey hung him up first? Again, seems likely - web was mentioned and nobody else got webbed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:57 
Sleepyhead

Craster wrote:

Whilst he was as good a pick as anyone, the rush was still impressive. Yet again, the town has fallen prey to offing someone because they were vocal and messing around. I suggested putting a second person up against them (myp) to potentially get more information; the more people you press the more chance you have of uncovering things. Of course, then there's also the chance of uncovering good guys that you would prefer to be hidden, but c'est la vie.

Gaywood didn't post much yesterday. Any reason for that, Doctor?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 
baron of techno

OK, I'll bite.

[vote: Runcle]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:03 
PC Gamer

OK, here's the list of folks who were in on MaliA's lynching:

kalmar, Mr Dave, JBR, Mr Dom, The Rev Owen, Runcle, LaceSensor, Morte, Craster, Goddess Jasmine, Mr Russell, Joans

I think the "middle overs" are most likely to be our wrong 'uns, with opportunist villains jumping aboard to give the bandwagon a push. Interesting that myp's not on there, so a) he was pretty unlucky to get offed, and b) there's more chance that the majority of the rest of the henchmen ARE in in the list somewhere.

I still like the Mr. Dom = extremely unimaginative Dr. Doom theory. But if Runcle's the consensus he's as good a choice as any. And he's winning the poker at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:04 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Curiosity wrote:
Whilst he was as good a pick as anyone, the rush was still impressive.

I know why I piled on - whenever a vote times out, it's almost always because there's a short day with a morning deadline (or a weekend).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:06 
Sleepyhead

Craster wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Whilst he was as good a pick as anyone, the rush was still impressive.

I know why I piled on - whenever a vote times out, it's almost always because there's a short day with a morning deadline (or a weekend).

True, though we had a little more leeway, I thought.

Anyway, it's entirely possible that our lynch mob is full of innocent townies as opposed to nasty villains, so we should be careful who we put on the block.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:07 

kalmar wrote:
Spidey hung him up first? Again, seems likely - web was mentioned and nobody else got webbed.
As Grim Hunter, myp was immune to Spider-Man's web action.

Curiosity wrote:
Gaywood didn't post much yesterday. Any reason for that, Doctor?
When I left work it was all muddling about. When I next checked late last night, MaliA was almost hung and I felt a bit uneasy about it so I didn't pitch in on top of that. It'd be bold play for the villains to be too obvious, but that hanging vote did come together pretty fast.

So to put my money where my mouth is, [vote:Craster]. Something about his flippant vote yesterday and flippant first post today smells off to me. And then there's this:
Craster wrote:
The deadline was midday today though, not 10am or something. We're not even there now, and we've done a round of night actions and half a dozen votes into Issue Two.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 
Soopah red DS

The Rev Owen wrote:
JBR wrote:

Myp was immune to Spidey's web, though.

Ah yes - that might explain it still, though. Better, in fact - the lack of web makes it look like Spidey didn't target anyone, which is fairly unlikely at this early stage I'd have thought, so he targeted myp, it didn't work but didn't matter because he was offed anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:09 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

kalmar wrote:
OK, I'll bite.

What? 8) We are sitting here saying we band wagonned really early yesterday and got no info, and then on some flight of fancy about pidgenos and bookshops we are jumping on a Runcle bandwagon?

Unless there is a signifcant hidden role, then there are no other investigation roles available, so Rev Owen can know nothing. And if he is an investigation role, then he has just got himself killed, which seems a highly unlikely thing to do.

[vote:The Rev Owen]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:09 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Something about his flippant vote yesterday and flippant first post today smells off to me.

Of course, I thought the same about you last time. This is just as likely to bite you in the arse.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:12 
Sleepyhead

Bobbyaro wrote:
kalmar wrote:
OK, I'll bite.

What? 8) We are sitting here saying we band wagonned really early yesterday and got no info, and then on some flight of fancy about pidgenos and bookshops we are jumping on a Runcle bandwagon?

Unless there is a signifcant hidden role, then there are no other investigation roles available, so Rev Owen can know nothing. And if he is an investigation role, then he has just got himself killed, which seems a highly unlikely thing to do.

Deadpool has a 'sort of' investigative role, does he not? It is equally likely to target a goodie as a baddie though (well, depending on roles, but I can't be bothered to check the numbers).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:12 
That Rev Chap

Bobbyaro wrote:
kalmar wrote:
OK, I'll bite.

I was just saying, Runcle got really annoyed by those GTA pigeons, so he's my best guess for Black Spectre, I know nothing, but it's my best guess and, I think, better than a pot luck lynch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:14 
Soopah red DS

Runcle has been pretty quiet, so FOS there but I'm not going to vote just yet in case it leads to another unseemly rush for the end. Equally, bit of FOS at the other quiet people, though they've all (ahem) *wandered through the town square* at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:17 
baron of techno

Bobbyaro wrote:
kalmar wrote:
OK, I'll bite.

It's the only solid seeming info there is, and voting is the only action we can take. The 2 or 3 votes he has right now don't constitute a bandwagon, and it will be interesting to see what he has to say for himself.

Why, on the other hand, are you jumping to his defence and accusing his accuser? It's quite possible that a hidden role has kicked in in to compensate for us getting such a pasting last night.

However, I agree with what Curio said about having two people up, which might help prevent a rush like yesterday.

So going with my previous finger-pointing:
[vote:Craster]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:18 
Paws for thought

Poor Skunks, they're missing Mr Chris already.

[gurn: Kalmar]

Based mainly on overreaction and distancing from yesterdays lynch.

And he still hasn't paid me for his windows.

Quote:
Whilst he was as good a pick as anyone, the rush was still impressive. Yet again, the town has fallen prey to offing someone because they were vocal and messing around. I suggested putting a second person up against them (myp) to potentially get more information; the more people you press the more chance you have of uncovering things. Of course, then there's also the chance of uncovering good guys that you would prefer to be hidden, but c'est la vie.

I'd imagine it also had something to do with the implausibility of lynching anyone else in the remaining time frame.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:20 

"I was just saying..." You voted and started a lunch mob based on it, you would have to be pretty certain, and I can't see someone roleclaiming an investigation role at this stage.

It would be in the interest of the evil doers to get a lynch on someone quickly if that person has a killing role. FOS at Kalmar and Rodafowa for being in cahoots with Rev Owen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:21 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Uh - Kalmar's voting for me. How is that in cahoots with the Rev Owen, who's voting for Runcle?

I wanna be in a lunch mob.

Paws for thought

[vote: kalmar]

Sometimes gurning just isn't enough.

And now Kalmar has changed his vote. Hmmmm.

SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

the rev owen: 1 (Bobbyaro)
craster: 2 (kalmar, Doctor Glyndwr)
runcle: 2 (The Rev Owen, Rodafowa)

Not voted: 14 (craster, curiosity, goddess jasmine, jbr, joans, lacesensor, malia, morte, mr dave, mr dom, mr russell, runcle, superdupergill, zaphod79)

With 19 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:22 
baron of techno

Bobbyaro, Dave and Craster for badguys. I feel it in my water.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:22 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Yeah, but your water's filtered through cabbages and shit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:23 
Paws for thought

Kalmar in People who have accused me as badguys shocker.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:23 
baron of techno

And Runcle, possibly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:26 
That Rev Chap

Bobbyaro wrote:
"I was just saying..." You voted and started a lunch mob based on it, you would have to be pretty certain, and I can't see someone roleclaiming an investigation role at this stage.

I explained my reasoning - and if we had to be certain before voting we never would.

And I certainly didn't start a mob, I just voted and outlined my reasoning, which a lot of other people have accepted, because we've got fuck all else to go on.

I have no special information, it just seems like the only lead we've got, however tenuous it might be. And if I'd been given the role of, say, butcher instead of bookshop owner I'd have have framed my suspicions in terms of Runcle coming in and demanding pigeon meat, or something.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:28 
baron of techno

Err, hang on, this is a "suspicion" or you actually have a reason to suspect him?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next